Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Disney Designer Princess Collection
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney Designer Princess Collection
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Disney Designer Princess Collection Reply with quote

They were shown at the D23 expo and the disney store decides to have a special release every week. Their limit was about three per person. I am patiently waiting for them to release Jasmine. I found out that I have to wait for Oct 17th because people are complaining that they are not getting their doll (Because Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, and Mulan were sold out quick). now they changed the rules limit to one person and they are releasing the rest on October 17 and online 18th. You couldnt believe that they are selling the already sold out dolls on ebay for more than three hundred smackeroos! Well when Jasmine is out, I'm fighting the crowds to pay 60.00 on her. But isnt she pretty! I WANT HER!

AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more because of the ebay sharks. There's been a lot of stories of families of five going to the store and buying up all the dolls when it was two dolls per person just so they can sell them for $200+ on ebay, or holding places in line and having friends cut so they can help them buy up more dolls. Thus, people were complaining they couldn't get a doll.
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true. That is why now

There's a rule on the site saying.

"no one under the age of 17 is not admitted."

Crazy money hungry people. why do you have to ruin everything. sheesh save some for those who like the keep the dolls in our cabinet. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you get a doll in the store the day before, you're not suppose to go online the next day to get another. I don't know how they're going to check that past credit card numbers, but I hope that fixes the issue as that was really crappy what they were doing.

The only thing is that makes it harder on parents who were getting two for their children or whatever, but i'm sure they'll figure out something. I hope I can get Jasmine's, but we'll see.
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get it for their kids?! Those are not like to be played with?! Did they see the detail they put into them!? (Yeah, Jasmine has eyelash extensions) They come in a plastic boxes like comic book guys would out his star wars figurines in.. What are they going to do to get it out ? Blow torch?!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I about screamed when I saw the kids at D23 that were taking pictures with Linda and Lea treating them like they were baby dolls Laughing

But yeah, some kids are playing with them and others are collecting them for their children. I've seen people take them out for pictures, so it's possible.
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can totally see the Disney store website crashing on the 17th October...

I'm still 50/50 on getting Jasmine... I don't like the way her head is turned when you look at it straight on.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lisa jane wrote:

I'm still 50/50 on getting Jasmine... I don't like the way her head is turned when you look at it straight on.

It crashed on the 18th, but your prediction was absolutely correct because boooooy did it crash Laughing. I suffered through it and got a doll (she's so gorgeous omfg), but it was nothing short of fighting a war to get one.
Princess Lainey
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
lisa jane wrote:

It crashed on the 18th, but your prediction was absolutely correct because boooooy did it crash Laughing. I suffered through it and got a doll (she's so gorgeous omfg), but it was nothing short of fighting a war to get one.

i got jasmine, too =)... BUT i'm not allowed to "see" her until christmas because one of my friends helped with the "financing" as my christmas present... lol. i never open my boxes anyway, so, i'm okay with being patient to hold the box =P. my friend who helped me get jasmine is going halves with me on a tiana doll for our other friend and then i'm working on snowwhite for my bestfriend, andrea =). i've been following ebay and i'm glad to see the prices of the auctions are dropping by the day. no one is bidding on dolls priced at or over $200. several auctions are closing at the $120-150 now compared to $400 and much much more a few weeks back.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hell trying to open the box anyway, so I doubt you'd want to open it if you could Laughing. It's mounted on a base, so you have to do some handy work to get it out of there. People have ruined parts of their dolls trying to get them out of the box, so I wouldn't bother with it.

I am DELIGHTED to hear all those eBayers flooded the market and now the dolls are selling at lower prices because it was ridiculous they even over-priced them like that to begin with and scalped them from people unfairly by buying up all the stock so they'd have to go online. I hear the first five are selling at higher prices still, though, like Ariel in particular.
Princess Lainey
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
It's hell trying to open the box anyway, so I doubt you'd want to open it if you could Laughing. It's mounted on a base, so you have to do some handy work to get it out of there. People have ruined parts of their dolls trying to get them out of the box, so I wouldn't bother with it.

I am DELIGHTED to hear all those eBayers flooded the market and now the dolls are selling at lower prices because it was ridiculous they even over-priced them like that to begin with and scalped them from people unfairly by buying up all the stock so they'd have to go online. I hear the first five are selling at higher prices still, though, like Ariel in particular.

Oh my! I just looked up Ariel and ur right! Thank goodness Im not looking to get her! I feel bad for the people who really want get her tho Sad. Tiana is going for 120-150... Thats not bad compared to 300-400.
Princess Lainey
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Lainey wrote:
AladdinsGenie wrote:

Oh my! I just looked up Ariel and ur right! Thank goodness Im not looking to get her! I feel bad for the people who really want get her tho Sad. Tiana is going for 120-150... Thats not bad compared to 300-400.

Oh, and snowwhite 150-180... Still "reasonable".
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's funny is her doll was up for at least a few days. I don't get why everyone suddenly wanting her when they had a decent opportunity before Laughing
Princess Lainey
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
What's funny is her doll was up for at least a few days. I don't get why everyone suddenly wanting her when they had a decent opportunity before Laughing

That's true... Lol. I went to one of the Disney Stores by me around noon the day she sold to be nosy Razz... She did sell out that morning but she was online for quite a few days before she sold out. The drama didnt start until Snowwhite and she's not even selling for as much now. Lol. Wierd. I saw several Jasmine ones with opening bids under 140 that werent even being bid on today... Also wierd... Good but wierd.
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo! You guys got the Jasmine! I woke my butt early and fought through three disney stores in my area. No jasmine for me. argh! I even tried online and the on demand kicked the site off for repairs. I guess I have to bargain through ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum