Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Bratz Genie Magic Dolls
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bratz Genie Magic Dolls
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinFan92
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Bratz Genie Magic Dolls Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of the new Bratz Dolls, or the movie that came out soon after? Tell me that is not the most retarded thing you have ever heard? Why can't they come up with their own ideas, and stop ripping off Disney?! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Evil Chalupa
Some Enchanted Genie

Location: The Magic Hookah.... and coffee maker, which also makes Julienne fries!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aack! I know! Everytime I heard the word "Genie" coming from my television, I turned around with a beaming smile on my face. Then found out it was them D=<

I hate Bratz. They make five-year-olds start acting like fifteen-year-olds. I hate modern toys! Mad
Gazmine
Majordomo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::stabs eyes::
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AladdinFan92
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I used to like them when I was little, but the Genie rip-off was an unforgivable sin. Evil or Very Mad And even worse, that rediculous theme song/comertial is stuck in my head. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gazmine
Majordomo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thanks, now ive got in my head just thinking about it!

My brother use to play with them (they were actully his btw) alot, and i'd convence him to let me give them crazy hair cuts that made my ma scream.

Aww...good times good times
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AladdinFan92
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazmine wrote:
Oh thanks, now ive got in my head just thinking about it!

You're welcome. Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bratz Genie Magic Dolls Reply with quote

AladdinFan92 wrote:
Has anyone heard of the new Bratz Dolls, or the movie that came out soon after? Tell me that is not the most retarded thing you have ever heard? Why can't they come up with their own ideas, and stop ripping off Disney?! Evil or Very Mad

Pardonnez moi? I was not aware that Disney invented genies.

I think they're kinda cute. To be honest, Bratz and genies have crossed paths in my mind more than once - and for good reason.

I'll never, ever watch the movie if I can help it, though. The Bratz cartoon series is one of the more annoying things I've had the misfortune to stumble upon.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Gazmine
Majordomo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bratz Genie Magic Dolls Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
AladdinFan92 wrote:

No they didn't but i think we can all agree that since it can be easily related it does give it a bit of an extra boost
AladdinFan92
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bratz Genie Magic Dolls Reply with quote

Syera wrote:

I think they're kinda cute. To be honest, Bratz and genies have crossed paths in my mind more than once - and for good reason.

I'll never, ever watch the movie if I can help it, though. The Bratz cartoon series is one of the more annoying things I've had the misfortune to stumble upon.

I know Disney didn't invent genies, but let's face it, for most people, especially little kids, when you think of genies, you think of Aladdin. Just like when you think of fairy tales, you think of Disney's version, and not the thousands of other versions that may have come before it.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... no, actually, I don't think of Disney's genies per se.

Gazmine
Majordomo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well 2/3 do aperntly.

but you're right, it's not MENT to be a rip off of disney, i'm sure. We are meerly pointing out the easy to make relation in which many can agree on.
AladdinFan92
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess it depends on what you're into. For me, Aladdin was my first experience with genies, so when I hear that word, I automatcally think of Disney's version. Am I the only one who feels this way? Confused
Gazmine
Majordomo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinFan92 wrote:
Well, I guess it depends on what you're into. For me, Aladdin was my first experience with genies, so when I hear that word, I automatcally think of Disney's version. Am I the only one who feels this way? Confused

no if you read above we're mainly making the same points but replying at the same time Very Happy
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinFan92 wrote:

Quite possibly. Trying to say Bratz ripped off Disney because Disney made a movie that involved a genie is like trying to say Harry Potter ripped off the story of King Arthur because it involved a wizard.

AladdinFan92
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand where your coming from, but with Harry Potter,Harry isn't the only established wizard in the movie world, so seeing wizards in other places doesn't seem like a rip. But with Aladdin, as I said before, when you hear the word genie, a lot of ppl think of Aladdin's genie, whereas with HP I can think of multiple wizards and not just him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum