Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - That's it, I'm obsessed...
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

That's it, I'm obsessed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkylaDoragono
Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: That's it, I'm obsessed... Reply with quote

I have... a Jasmine... PEZ dispenser...

*DED*

Also, the WalMart I work at now has the entire Glitter Princess set for $10 a piece. I picked up Jasmine; I might go back for the others. And I've also picked up a Jasmine pin on Ebay.

Think the men in white coats will be coming for me yet?

Darkshipping is sexy overconfident ♥
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not today cause they are visiting me; we're having tea and cookies Laughing

I love the Jasmine pez dispenser. It looks really nice. I haven't used mine, though. And that glitter princess Jasmine doll is pretty. They really outta stop using purple lipstick on her, but what can you do? Laughing
SkylaDoragono
Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah; it's kinda... odd. Especially since she never wore purple lipstick in the movies or the series. o.< Meh, what're'ya gonna do.

I saw this one picture of a Jasmine doll... she had on an outfit like her normal green outfit, but it was white or silver. I'm interested in what that one might be.

I just can't believe the detail that goes into dolls anymore. I mean, a doll like the one I got would have gone for like $50 back when my parents stopped buying me dolls (around 1994, but still).

OH! I also imported the remake of the Aladdin SNES game for GBA. Dude, they ADDED LEVELS! I didn't know that; I thought it was just a straight port! We get so jipped in America, I swear. :<

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so many Jasmine dolls in purple and bright pink lipstick Laughing. I hate it when they put all that weird make-up on her, though. It's usually purple or green eyeshadow Razz

There isn't a doll with her in a white or silver outfit and it looks like her green one. There's one that's a light blue and it kinda shimers, but it's not white Laughing. And there's that Westernish dress they shove her in so she can have a poofy dress like the rest of the Disney princesses, but that's a light purple. The only doll in white she's ever came in is her wedding outfit, but that's a dress. Do you remember where you saw the picture at?

You know, it's funny. The dolls today have a lot more detail and nicer things like the more realistic bodies they have on them now and prettier hair, but they're so cheaply made that they fall apart easily. The last four Jasmine dolls they have released have all been no higher than about 10-15 bucks. Back when I was getting dolls when I was little, they were at least 20 a pop. My Arabian Lights Jasmine doll was either 29.99 or 39.99. I can't remember, but they don't make cool dolls like that anymore. They don't make the really collectable or special ones anymore either. You get the quick fix that comes with something random for you like a ring or bracelet or tiara. Mattel has definitely gone down in quality over the years. I understand that kids rip through their dolls and beat them up, but for people like me who collect them, it's sad to know that part of your collection was bs'ed through.
One of the best doll manufactorers out there now is Simba, but they're an over sea company. They make AWESOME Disney dolls and have the Aladdin doll I prefer over the one they released here in the US. The detail is AWESOME. Sure he doesn't have a six pack, but I'm not really caring when the details on the face are fan-freakin'-tastic Laughing.
I kinda prefer some of my older Jasmine dolls to the newer ones, though. They damn near bleached her skin with these new ones and like I said earlier, a lot of them are drowned in make-up. I do like the newer bodies, but I've heard from some doll clothes maker buddies of mine that the bust area is hard to make tops for now using older patterns because her chest is not as big Laughing.

.....ok I did not expect that to get that long Laughing

What import do you have? People over there always get all the good stuff.
SkylaDoragono
Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the doll I mentioned on here: http://darleen.smugmug.com/gallery/1119074/3/52095420

Maybe it really is blue; the pic is pretty poor, so it's hard to tell. As far as that Westerish dress you mentioned... well, I rather like that one. ^^;;; That's the one the porecilen (I can't spell) figure you see every now and again is made of, right?

I missed out on some of the older Jasmine and Aladdin dolls. I didn't even get the "standard" ones until they were on clearance at Toys 'R Us. My mom was fed up with me 'cause I liked to say I wanted to collect, but then I'd take everything out of the box. >>;; I still don't like keeping things in boxes, but that's beside the point (though, the fact that it took me ten minutes just to figure out how to get the doll I got out of the box might change my mine on this...). I remember begging for the Arabian Lights doll; I still think that is one of the prettiest dolls created by Disney, along with the Holiday and Special Sparkles Jasmine dolls. Now you're lucky if you can find them anywhere.

The game I got was imported from the UK, and has several language options (including English). The only other way you can get it is the Japanese language only version; it was never released in the United States, although it was schedualed to be for awhile. I guess they decided against it; I dunno.

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the blue one I mentioned earlier. That one is "Favorite Fairytale Collection Jasmine." It's definitely a darker blue than that picture shows Laughing. It has embedded glitter in the material, so when you take a picture of it, it shimmers.
And yes, the porcelain trinket box from WDW has that dress. I love it too, but not when they poof it out all big so she can have something to twirl in everyone's face like the others. I hate it when they do that with Snow White's dress, too. I have a porcelain bell of Jasmine in the same dress where it's more of a long flowy dress like Aurora's and kinda swoops around her that looks prettier.

Laughing I wanted to take everything out of the box, too. My mom use to have to buy two--one to put up and one to play with. I hated it because I didn't understand what was the point in having the dolls and you couldn't play with them because I was a big barbie freak. I kinda regret opening some dolls now, but that's what eBay is for Laughing. Now I won't open any thing. I haven't opened a doll box in I don't know how long. Sometimes I open figurines and sometimes I don't. The only reason I opened some of my Jasmine baby dolls (the bigger ones they have been coming out with in that baby collection of Disney princess stuff, mainly) is for room in my closet, but I always keep the box and can put them right back in. I never opened the Aladdin and Jasmine toddler dolls, though. I refused because I knew there was no way I was ever going to see those again Laughing

Man, Japan has everything, dude. They have all the good stuff. Have you seen some of merchandise from Tokyo DisneySeas? No. Fair. You can't get any of that stuff unless you import it, which costs an arm and a leg. I had to get my king Mickey, and KH!Donald figurines imported from there Laughing. *impatiently waits for Roxas and Sora figurines to be released in the US*
SkylaDoragono
Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxas and Sora aren't gonna be released state-side. :< You'd have to get 'em from a place like DiscountAnimeDVD.com, where they don't charge you an arm and a leg for shipping. I'm gonna be reserving the whole set from them (you can't have Roxas without Axel, you know... *shifty eyes*).

I know several places that don't kill you with shipping, or prices. Like those Italian porclien dolls that sell for insane prices on Ebay? The one guy has them for $30, and $10 shipping. *sage nod*

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooes! You mean that whole set isn't coming here?! Drats!! *pre-orders* Laughing
I'm gonna have to have Roxas without Axel (although I'm sure Axel's not gonna be happy. Little stalker Laughing) cause I refuse to get him without the other 11 members....or at least without Demyx. I am not getting Kairi without a Riku, either. That's no fair.

Dude, seriously? Where?! Cause there's several Jasmine porcelain dolls I wanted, but the shipping is insane!
SkylaDoragono
Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.apecollection.com/negozio/cat256_l2.htm

There. Don't buy 'em all out on me, eh? Razz I want to get the complete set, but Maleficent is my priority right now -- present for my sick cousin.

And I'm wrong; the prices range from $24 to $42, plus the shipping and handling. The Jasmine and Aladdin ones are both $30 a piece. Everything comes in the original packaging, along with the collectors book (all in Italian of course).

Still though, they're the cheapist prices I've ever seen for these.

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing da pAntZ!!1 I still remember the day Samantha and I found that Aladdin doll with those high water pants. Soooo funny.

And dang it, they don't have the Jasmine doll I want. They actually have one with her in the maketplace robe, but I'll have to give up part of my soul to get it Laughing
SkylaDoragono
Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep checking back. The guy like... updates his stock almost every goddamn day. XD It's funny.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum