Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Enchanted Tales aldadin doll!!!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enchanted Tales aldadin doll!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Enchanted Tales aldadin doll!!! Reply with quote

finally mattel decided to release an aladdin & jasmine enchanted tales gift set...its true they still used the 1992's face mold.but better than nothing, this could give us hope that the enchanted tales will have aladdin in it. and more hope for aladdin merchandise not like what happened during the SE release total neglecting....jasmine could even have more merchandise soon and stop beng rare Smile

AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iiiiii'm a bit disappointed. As a doll collector, I think they've gotten really lazy the past few years with the dolls. They've all been variations of the glitter and sparkle princesses they came out with recently, and even THOSE have variations. They don't have any originality to them anymore because it's all about looking pretty Confused
I kinda understand them rereleasing the Jasmine doll for this set since they just put it out by itself, but reusing the old Aladdin doll? But with a different color sash and fez, and shinier shoes? Come on, now. Plus, it's not even updated! He has the same mold from 1992. His face looks so old school compared to hers, which HAS been updated.

I'll still buy it, but dammit, I won't be happy about it Laughing.
Spike
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

his arms got changed by the way Smile lol the yellow hat is annoying me some how, he never wore that.u can't see it in that picture though but the one stuck into his head is yellow:S
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has different hands...whoopie Laughing

I just don't see why they didn't update him to at least look better than the old version. And what's with the random change of colors? Just...I was expecting something more and I just got reused dolls in slightly different colors Razz
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like it. I think the mold is always been better than the other versions. well except for the European version. But the latest mold would be the Disney Resort double gift package. And that Aladdin looked like he was on crack or a deer in the headlights face. I am not really satisfied with the Aladdin in the Heroes Collection. But it has been over ten years so I agree with the update. Think of this way, probably their ideas for their up to date face look wasn't up to their expectations and thought the best was the 1992 mold.

AG, At least they improve his hands Laughing What do you want more? Kung fu Grip ? along with action accessories and swaggling eyebrows?
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take action wiggling eyebrows on that mold of the doll if I had to Laughing

I still wish they'd update his mold, though Sad
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hate the costumes and the colors they put Jas in. She deserves more than that hideous purple and gold combo.

And give her outfit some sleeves!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple is kind of the color they've associated with her in that line, so a lot of the recent dolls have been in that color. I just want something new. I know there's only so much you can do with the outfits, but this is getting ridiculous Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His eyes look a little different, or maybe I'm just halucinating...

Does he still have the crappy head that rips off really easily? Razz
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, he still has the big weirdly painted eyes from the early 90s. The only difference is his right eyebrow is turning up rather than down, and his lips and overall skin is lighter. I held it up to my old doll to compare Laughing

And I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only ask because my sisters went through a couple of Aladdin dolls for that reason. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to super glue the head on my old one Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum