Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin Classic Doll Set?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin Classic Doll Set?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanctuaryMemory
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Aladdin Classic Doll Set? Reply with quote

I am so in love with this movie. I just came back from WDW not too long ago (in June), pretty disappointed. I had gone there with high hopes of finding some Aladdin merchandise, of Al, and all I could come across that wasn't 'Pirates' was Princess stuff. And while the princesses are cool (Jasmine is my favorite), I couldn't find anything with Aladdin, until in Downtown Disney I ran across THREE sets of the Classic Aladdin and Jasmine dolls.

Unfortunately, they would not sell me ONE of these three sets, because they were all "on display" (Read: A high shelf no one felt like getting to), and no matter how much my parents and I tried, we couldn't get a set of these. Searches on ebay led me to a set, but they never showed up, the seller saying that they were "out of stock", since she bought directly through Disney.

So, basically, I'm DYING for a set of these Classic dolls, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a set, or had a set that they were willing to part with. I've looked and tried everything I can think of, and after stumbling here, I just had to try it out.

These are the dolls I'm looking for: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/sanctuarymemory/classic.jpg

Thanks.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help you get a doll set, but I certainly know what you're talking about.

It's a pain and a half to find *any* Aladdin stuff in WDW. Especially Aladdin himself; other than the Lenox figurine, there isn't anything with just him. D: I had guests ask me a few times for just-Al merchandise, but I could do nothing but laugh and tell them that it didn't exist on our property.

It's quite strange that they wouldn't sell you the dolls, though. I never got them either, though being the KoT fanatic that I am, I should turn in my fandom hat. Laughing

Isn't Aladdin's hair delightfully awful, though? I mentioned it to Aladdin once, and he commented on his "Uncle Jesse hair." See, WDW Aladdins do it anachronistically. Laughing
SanctuaryMemory
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salukfan wrote:
I can't help you get a doll set, but I certainly know what you're talking about.

It's a pain and a half to find *any* Aladdin stuff in WDW. Especially Aladdin himself; other than the Lenox figurine, there isn't anything with just him. D: I had guests ask me a few times for just-Al merchandise, but I could do nothing but laugh and tell them that it didn't exist on our property.

It's quite strange that they wouldn't sell you the dolls, though. I never got them either, though being the KoT fanatic that I am, I should turn in my fandom hat. Laughing

Isn't Aladdin's hair delightfully awful, though? I mentioned it to Aladdin once, and he commented on his "Uncle Jesse hair." See, WDW Aladdins do it anachronistically. Laughing

Haha. Seriously. Thanks though. It is a shame there isn't more of the "princes" in general.

Apparently, the dolls wouldn't be sold because they were all on "display". I'm not quite sure what three sets needed to be on display for at the same time, but....

I love Aladdin's hair~. It's simply beautiful, in that, Uncle Jesse sort of way (but I liked Uncle Jesse too. Haha).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum