Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Cute Aladdin Costume
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cute Aladdin Costume
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Whole New World
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Cute Aladdin Costume Reply with quote

I found this Aladdin costume and thought it's cute:

I wonder if this costume is official but I think it is,it did has the official Disney logo and the Christy Group logo.
More Aladdin Costumes:
Jafar:

Genie:

Jasmine:

Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want someone to make Jasmine's shoes for adults that don't look ridiculous Sad
A Whole New World
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other costumes's shoes are okay?.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, but I can't really wear those. I want some like Jasmine's Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was in kindergarten, I wanted to be Jasmine for Halloween sooo much, but my mom wasn't down with the whole belly thing I guess? So she bought me a girl genie outfit. It wasn't even I Dream of Jeannie. It was just cheap blue and pink and stuff.

The other girls gave me weird looks when I said I was Jasmine Sad

There was a girl in my kindergarten class who had a blue Jasmine outfit with skin-colored cloth to look like a stomach... And she was black so it was really awkward lol
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want that Jafar costume!

...Even if it probably wouldn't fit me without some alterations.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
When i was in kindergarten, I wanted to be Jasmine for Halloween sooo much, but my mom wasn't down with the whole belly thing I guess?

In KINDERGARTEN?
Please do not feel offended and you don't have to answer, but is this truly normal for American culture or is your mom as an individual relatively strict with those things?
I mean, it can be questioned to what extend and after what age children should have to clothe themselves in public even when it's not cold, and that actually a teenage body is natural and the way one is born and that stuff, but kindergarten children are definately far away from puberty, there is nothing sexualized or erotic about their bodies, so what is there on such little girls that has to be covered in public? I mean, don't get me wrong, just like there are socities in which it's normal for teenagers and adults to run around naked before strangers there are of course also socities in which even children hide their bodies, but America is despite some fundi tendencies still a modern country, it's not Saudi Arabia or Iran or something.
Again, sorry to have asked, I really don't wanna sound xenophobic or culturally ignorant or something, just a bit suprised.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm not offended. It's okay.

I think that was a mix of both cultural and personal views.

Most people don't want their little girls to get the idea early that they can go in public dressed like that and it be okay. Plus, it broke the school dress code.

My mom let me wear a belly shirt when i was "I dream of Jeannie" in 6th grade. At that age, I had a pretty good idea of my values and had a good head on my shoulders.

It's perfectly normal for a mom not to want her kindergardener to dress like a belly dancer. It's actually kind of funny to think about it.
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was Aladdin when I was four. X3 But my mom made me wear a shirt underneath the vest - not because I'm a girl (I mean, I was four for crise sakes) but because it was cold XD. My sister went as Jasmine that year too - also with a shirt underneath the outfit. But we were adorable, damn it! LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
No, I'm not offended. It's okay.

I think that was a mix of both cultural and personal views.

Most people don't want their little girls to get the idea early that they can go in public dressed like that and it be okay. Plus, it broke the school dress code.

My mom let me wear a belly shirt when i was "I dream of Jeannie" in 6th grade. At that age, I had a pretty good idea of my values and had a good head on my shoulders.

It's perfectly normal for a mom not to want her kindergardener to dress like a belly dancer. It's actually kind of funny to think about it.

Cultural differences.
I live in Germany and I see children (like, below 10) run around fully naked in public (of course only when it's really hot, though) all the time with everybody seeing it as completely normal and nobody making anything sexually out of it, but if a sixth grader (e.g.: puberty/ something "to hide") wore a belly shirt in school it would be a little scandal and most mothers I know would not allow to ever let their sixth grade daughters wear belly shirts anywhere.
And although I view the latter thing as stupid (after all -at least in Germany- boys can appear topless whereever they want to and no matter at what age and the female breasts are actually no more sexual organs than a man's beard, and also in some countries and tribes nobody sees anything sexual per se in naked bodies at all), I just giggled at the idea of a mom who wouldn't let children run around in belly dancer customs, but female sixth graders.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I was only allowed to wear it trick-or-treating. Not to school. And I didn't have anything to hide yet. I didn't bloom until high school Smile

There are enough pervs here that no parents let kids run around naked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
But I was only allowed to wear it trick-or-treating. Not to school. And I didn't have anything to hide yet. I didn't bloom until high school Smile

There are enough pervs here that no parents let kids run around naked.

I can't quite believe that. Even in summer?
There are pervs here too, I guess. But children in kindergarten and elementary school age are not left alone with strangers, at least here. And I mean, sex offenders are unlikely to abuse children in the middle of the street next to their parents, aren't they?
And as for the sexual abuse by caretakers and relatives (according to the statistics the most prevelant form, btw, far more likely than by strangers), that they see children naked is unavoidable even for the most anxious parents, isn't it?
Also, as I have pointed out earlier: nakedness is sexualized where it is sexualized. So where children are running around naked, I can't quite imagine that even teh sickest pedo would feel anymore "tempted" then he would be by clothed children.
Are kindergarten children in America often allowed to stroll around without the supervision of familiy and caretakers? Well, then, okay, I'd definately clothe them THEN even if it's hot.
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not, but Americans are really really paranoid about sexual predators. It's on the news so often that people think it's common. Rolling Eyes
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jafaria wrote:
I want that Jafar costume!

...Even if it probably wouldn't fit me without some alterations.

I have that Jafar costume (for my boyfriend), the costume itself is absolutely huge. We altered it, though it was just a matter of adding more velco to what's already on it.

I also have the blue Jasmine costume (without the sleeves), managed to find reasonable shoes for it.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What shoes did you use? I never see any that really look like the ones Jasmine wears, so it's always interesting to see what people come up with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum