Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Cute Aladdin Costume
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cute Aladdin Costume
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're kinda like gold ballet slippers, but a little thicker, and curl up a bit at the toes. Found them at a cheap department store, but they're rather pretty.

I also now have a working snake staff, thanks to my dad who found it in his study and spent a weekend re-wiring it.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we probably don't have that department store here in the states either. I'm jealous Laughing Take pictures!

I have a staff from the 90s that makes noises and has light-up eyes. It's not a full scale one, though. That woud be sweet if they made one of those.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was Jasmine in kindergarten, we bought some cheap white bo-bo's and spray-painted them gold.

It worked. Smile
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought them from Target if that helps, probably not, let alone if you happen to have Target over there that sells the same shoes...

We might have the same staff, mine's about two-three feet long.

There will be plenty of pictures around Halloween for sure!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever shoes they were, I don't think they're on the website Sad Probably one of those in-store things, or just for that region.

That sounds like the one!
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the idea of costumes, I have a rather unexpected accessory for my Jasmine costume and wondering if anyone has an idea on how to decorate it?

I've recently unfortunately acquired a walking stick/cane (due to nerve damage in my back), something I didn't realise I'd have at Halloween when I decided on my costume. It's metal, black and silver. I'm hoping I may not need it by Saturday night, but it's a pretty dim hope.

As such, I was thinking of decorating it in purple, gold and aqua ribbons (big bows at the top of it, then just letting the ribbons trail), but I was wondering if anyone else has any other ideas of how to decorate it, perferably something removable after? The costume is just Jasmine's normal blue-green outfit.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could make it look royal with gems or an orb on top. Or you could make it look like a wand with a star or ribbons or something like that.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Meesh! I ended up decorating it with stick-on gems and ribbons. With one Halloween party last night and one tomorrow night, with a day of work in the middle, the choice is now whether to go to work with my stick decorated like that...

I'll steal pictures off my boyfriend soon, who turned out to shape up very nicely as Jafar. And hooray for very interesting discussions whenever anyone would look at me, then ask 'How come he's not dressed as Aladdin?'
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:

There was a girl in my kindergarten class who had a blue Jasmine outfit with skin-colored cloth to look like a stomach... And she was black so it was really awkward lol

Omg I had that costume when I was a little kid lol! I think I still have the crown though it's faded XD.

They have a really nice one at the parks: http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSIProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=1254876&categoryId=308402&catalogFromSearch=10002&catalogId=10002&langId=-1

Where was this when I was a little kid? Razz
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh me too!! And all they had to do was cover the belly in a tasteful way.

Too bad they didn't figure that out 13 years ago. :/
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to be respectful of people's religions. Just because they don't like the evil side of Halloween doesn't mean they're freaks.

On the part of your question, I suppose you mean Aladdin costumes? Every character has an outfit that would be okay by those standards. Genie, Abu, Jafar, Prince Ali, any of Aladdin's KoT outfits, Jasmine's wedding dress, they would all be fine!

If you wanted to be Aladdin as a street rat, all you would have to do is find a medieval-ish white shirt to wear under your vest (like many of the men in the market place). For Jasmine's blue outfit, try looking for something like the costume Princess of Agrabah posted 3 posts up or something like that. Search the internet.

Hope that helps Smile
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for mamluking the thread, but I found this and I had to share: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3788964

Not in my size but it's really pretty..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years they have good ones, some years they have bad ones. I think that was one of the better ones, oddly enough
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum