Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Bad Merchandise
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad Merchandise
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Bad Merchandise Reply with quote

AG and I were in a conversation last night that managed to lead to the topic I'm presenting. Bad and/or ugly merchandise. Scowering Ebay, one can find plenty of dirt ugly stuff. A lot of it comes directly from Disney World, I've noticed. Aladdin gets no respect sometimes.

Anyway, the image I'm posting doesn't come from Disney World, but is instead an Italian doll that as a number of things wrong with it. Observe:

Does anyone have any other bad merchandise to add to the list? (I know you do, AG- I'm thinking of a certain doll set...)
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen some ugly duckings on ebay myself.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19224&item=5916724917&rd=1
Do I have to say more?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19224&item=5916725876&rd=1
Genie is cool but that grin on Aladdin's face is freaky. I don't want to cross paths with him at night. That grin reminds me of Batman's Joker.

Jafar beanie click on more auctions from this seller for ugly Aladdin and Jasmine beanies
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salukfan: Aladdin's highwater pants! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of the Aladdin dolls they sell at the parks scare me. Especially the plush doll... his hair looks like he stuck his fingers in a light socket! But I have yet to find any Aladdin doll/action figure/etc. in any Disney theme park that meets with my approval.

And this one isn't actually for sale, but it's in one of the windows outside the Emporium on Main St. at Disneyland...

http://xfkirsten.fotopic.net/p5553626.html

Whatever he's on, I want some!
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merkal wrote:
Jafar beanie click on more auctions from this seller for ugly Aladdin and Jasmine beanies

Someone gave me the Iago one from that collection. I appreciate the thought, but, man, it's ugly. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I actually have that Jafar beanie and the Genie/Aladdin cycle toy. Both aren't that bad in person. Although, my Jafar's eyes are blue. Shocked Someone was sleep on the job when they made that doll.

The classic collection doll edition at Disney World scares me.
http://www.pronoy.com/disneydolls/Aladdin/classicjasminealaddin.jpg

I didn't buy that doll set because I know I would get home and cut his hair like it's supposed to be. I opted for Jasmine alone.

This Genie plushie scares me beyond all reason.
http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/43/9b/0f_1.JPG

No words can describe how much this scares me.

LOL, Da PantZ!! I still laugh at that picture. His head is in the shape of a heart, he's totally ripped and looks like he's had the same pants since he was 5. I'd buy that doll and pull it out whenever I am sad. Laughing

And oh gosh, that picture of Aladdin and Jasmine you have Kirsten is hilarious. Jasmine looks freaked out and Aladdin looks like he's high...off life!
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
LOL, Da PantZ!! I still laugh at that picture. His head is in the shape of a heart, he's totally ripped and looks like he's had the same pants since he was 5. I'd buy that doll and pull it out whenever I am sad. Laughing

Gotta love the six-pack on him, though. Laughing
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Salukfan/Disturbing.jpg

The image I posted is of a 3D Aladdin puzzle, torn down and left as one would get it. It's...disturbing. Notice that Jasmine has no head.
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aladdin got his arm ripped off! Shocked Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Aladdin got his arm ripped off! Shocked Laughing

I guess those mamluks paid him back for all the times he ripped their arms off Very Happy
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just say that this image would be more appropriate if Jafar's "Hunka Hunka burnin' love" spell actually worked.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tellin' yah, she looks possessed. And what's up with the purple boots. Or the purple in general for that matter...
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to think that Jasmine would have better fashion sense than that... I have better fashion sense than that, and all I wear is jeans (or shorts) and a regular t-shirt. :p

And those pants are HUGE. Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:

Let's just say that this image would be more appropriate if Jafar's "Hunka Hunka burnin' love" spell actually worked.

I actually own that one... Embarassed

I think it's supposed to be the "Forget-Me-Lots" outfit, but they got the color wrong.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some bad merchandise that we already know about:

The Aladdin Karaoke CD. So, so bad. The female vocals from OJA are awful. The harem women sound like Anastasia and Drusella, and the big fat lady that sings the "Tasty" line had a Jasmine-like voice. Whatever.

Proud of Your Boy was going well...until the song....started....going....like....this....so....long....

And in what I think is the biggest screw up from this CD, check out a scan from the insert that accompanies it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Salukfan/026aec14.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum