Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Full Aladdin Series on DVD-Rs
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Aladdin Series on DVD-Rs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't decide if those Princess DVDs are a good sign for us or not. I mean, they obviously think at least certain episodes of the series will sell, but it might also be used as an excuse not to release the whole series, not to mention that if those DVDs don't sell someone might point to that as proof that the whole series wouldn't sell. I wonder if politics doesn't have something to do with it as well. Sad
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other reason I'm not sure about the future of a series set is the fact that they don't seem to be consistent in how they handle other animated series..."Volume 1" of Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales were box sets with 3 DVDs and something like 27 episodes each...Volume 1 of Goof Troop and Quack Pack were single DVDs, 3 episodes each. I hear they have a box set planned for Darkwing Duck and TaleSpin, but I forget how many discs/episodes are planned for those...UltimateDisney would say so somewhere. Smile And I don't know what the plan is for the REST of DuckTales and Rescue Rangers...I heard something about 2nd sets, but I don't remember if either was confirmed or if it's still in the 'rumor' stage.

As for the Princess DVDs...can't say I haven't been tempted to buy them for the Aladdin and Mermaid eps...but...$15 each, and I hear the other stuff on those things is pink sugar-coated garbage...if I knew for sure whether my purchase would help or hinder the cause of full seriese releases, I'd act...heck, if it'd help, I'd buy them for myself and my 3 year old cousin! Razz
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 episodes per DVD for Goof Troop and Quack Pack? Dude, at that rate they're gonna finish the series 50 years from now Laughing
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
3 episodes per DVD for Goof Troop and Quack Pack? Dude, at that rate they're gonna finish the series 50 years from now Laughing

You mean...IF...they finish the series.

If...if is BAD!
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with those it's more the fact that they're not sure if they will sell or not, so they put out one or two DVDs and see how they do before they'll spend the money to do the whole series.
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
I think with those it's more the fact that they're not sure if they will sell or not, so they put out one or two DVDs and see how they do before they'll spend the money to do the whole series.

I guess that does make a lot of sense...I've never known Goof Troop and Quack Pack to have as many people remember them so fondly as DuckTales and Rescue Rangers. This just goes to show you the power of theme songs. Smile Although, Goof Troop's wasn't BAD...Quack Pack's, I just don't remember at all.

You'd just think TLM and Aladdin would be no brainers...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched them all, but I watched Goof Troop more. I have a Goofy bias Laughing
lainey
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the offer still open? i know it's ages after the original post...but i'm willing to pay the $45!
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's an email address on the post so you could try that, but he hasn't responded for a few months. Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum