Come What May by Mariposa79



Summary: A King and prince from Maharajah came to claim what's theirs. After a deal was made by the Sultan when Jasmine was five. Please tell me what you think! Your reviews are important to me.
Rating: PG starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Rajah, Original Characters, Other, Genie, Sultan
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Poetry/Songs, Crossover, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 03/03/05
Updated: 03/03/05


Index

Chapter 1: Homecoming
Chapter 2: What!?
Chapter 3: The Lover's runaway.
Chapter 4: A Forced Breakup.
Chapter 5: A Race for your heart.


Chapter 1: Homecoming

" Never knew that I could feel like this.
Like I never seen the sky before
What to vanished inside your kiss
Everyday I'm loving you more more
Season may change. Winter to Spring
But I love you till the end of time."
- Come what May from Moulin Rouge (1)

COME WHAT MAY

Aladdin and Jasmine were on their way back from their honeymoon. The scorching heat was beating down on their backs. While the wind breeze through their faces, Aladdin looked at his blushing bride. She smiled back at him. This is the beginning of a new life with one an other. Aladdin is no longer living in his dirty hubble in the city. Jasmine is no longer a lonely princess trapped in a palace prison anymore. Marriage is a new lifestyle. A lifestyle where both people discover, learn, adjust, compromise, finding habits and raising a family. There’s so much to look for. It was a whole newer world for them. During the reception of the wedding, many couples advised them that the first year of marriage is difficult and it takes a lot of work. Otherwise than loving each other.
An old lady whose husband is the prime minister of Halilah told Jasmine that, " You think you know him but once the honeymoon stage is gone. You're not so sure that's the person you married." Jasmine laughed it off. Their love has been put on the test so much. It can withstand, evildoers, spells, other princes, Galliphans, sorcerers, and sand witches. What else could their love go through?
" What more can possibly get in the way of our marriage?" said Jasmine to old woman
" Well, Aladdin had proven his love to you. But have you proven your love to him?" she asked.
" Jasmine! It's time to throw the bouquet." said Aladdin. Jasmine smiled at her husband as he called her over. She turned around to finishing talking to old woman. Somehow the woman disappeared.
Still flying over the desert dunes on their way home. Aladdin noticed that Jasmine was staring into oblivion. " Hello? Earth to Jas." He waved his hand in front of her.
" Huh? I'm sorry. I must have been dreaming." Jasmine leaned in to kiss him." Just wondering how our future is going to be." Jasmine was reminiscing about the mysterious woman. She told Aladdin that everything is okay and there’s nothing to worry about.
They flew over Agrabah's gate. People of Agrabah were welcoming them home. They threw confetti, ribbons, and rice. Aladdin and Jasmine waved at the citizens below.
They flew in front of the door of the throne room. Aladdin and Jasmine got off of carpet.
" How come we didn't fly in as usual?" she questioned
" Because you're my wife now and it's tradition" Aladdin opened the door, picked up Jasmine and carried her over the threshold.
Jasmine was amused. She wrapped her arms around her husbands neck. " Hmmmm. I like this."
The happy short rounded little man got off his throne to greet them. " Jasmine! Dearest! You're back ! and Aladdin. How's was your trip?"
" It was wonderful father. The Caribbean is so beautiful with it’s clear ocean water and the scenery. It was better than I imagined in my studies "
Abu happily ran to Aladdin and climb on to his shoulder. Aladdin petted him. Rajah happily trotted in, pounced on Jasmine and gave her a lick.
Genie smoked in, " You guys are back!" He turned to Al and nudged him, " So how's the honeymoon. Wink! Wink!" Aladdin blushed in red.
The Sultan made an announcement, " Tonight, we're going to represent Aladdin to the political society as Prince of Agrabah. You guys go upstairs and get ready for the festivities in a couple of hours.. Everyone is going to be here."
Aladdin and Jasmine went upstairs to change. There was outfits already placed on the bed for them to wear. Aladdin picked up his satire and started to change behind the partition. " Jasmine? Do we have to do this? Weren't they at our wedding?" Aladdin came out almost fully clothed. He pulled this sash that was strange to him and showed it to Jasmine, " Umm, Where does this go?"
Jasmine got the sash and laughed, " It's a belt. Let me help you." She went behind Aladdin to tie the sash around his waist. " You know that father loves to throw parties. He loves to entertain people. Father, is proud of you. Look how far you've become."
" I don't know. I'm not exactly the classy etiquette type. Were they here at our wedding?"
Jasmine turned herself into front of him. She smooth out the wrinkles on Aladdin as he helped her zip the back of her dress.
" They know you as my husband. Now, it's Prince Aladdin into society. They just want to know who will be in charge of Agrabah after my father passes." Aladdin didn't even think of that day to come. There's a lot of things that he has to learn before taking the throne. Jasmine continued" You'll be fine. Just be yourself. You have as much class than any snobby rich person downstairs."
Aladdin caressed her face, " You know the right words to cheer me up. Do you?" He kissed her on the lips and picked her up. Jasmine accepted his gesture wrapped her limbs around him. There's an intense expression of love compared to the feelings they had when they were dating.
" Ahem!" said the Housemaid. She was embarrassed by seeing them in their moment. Aladdin let Jasmine down. " Sorry to barge in like that. I tried knocking. No one was answering. I obviously see that you didn't want to be disturbed." The housemaid was about to walk out.
" No, Please don't go. What is it that you've been sent for?" said Jasmine.
" Your guests are here."
Aladdin sighed and knew that it was his time to shine. " I wish that my Dad and Iago are here to see this. " There was a hesitant pause. " Well, here goes. " Aladdin took Jasmine's hand and walked out of the door.

Downstairs in the grandball room, there were streamers, flowers ,and candles, that was beautifully decorated everywhere. Guests were coming in through the throne room and escorted to the ball room. The guests were the powerful, high elite, rich, and the political. They came throughout the seven deserts to see the new heir to the Agrabah throne. Some were pleased because Agrabah was the first to bring a new tradition. Smeone who is not a royal is brought to the palace to give the voice of the people who are below. Finally a chance of a commoner to rule in government. Others wanted the old tradition, where only the princess should marry a prince. Only the royals should rule. The trumpets blared and doorman introduced, " Now entering the room. Princess Jasmine and Prince Aladdin of Agrabah."
Jasmine and Aladdin went in the ballroom. Genie threw sparkles and little fireworks. As soon they enter in the room the talking began,
" Is that her?" one girl in green commented
" Is she the one married the commoner?" another girl in blue asked
" I can't believe that Princess Jasmine had to lower herself to marry him. Look at him. He's so so so." The girl in purple commented and interrupted by the girl in blue.
" Ruggedly handsome?"
All three girls looked at each other and laughed hysterically.' Gee, they laugh like hyenas' Jasmine thought as she heard the comments. She walked on with pride side by side with the man that she truly loved. She could tell that Aladdin was nervous. His hands began to sweat and shake. Bullets of perspiration were bleeding through Aladdin's forehead. He smiled so fake as he walked on by those rich snobs. " Don't worry, love. Just follow my example and you'll do fine."
The Sultan warmly welcomed them, " Dearest! Aladdin! Come and meet my fellow colleagues. Aladdin and Jasmine greeted the Sultans' guests.
" So, what are your plans for Agrabah." one of the sultan's colleagues asked Aladdin.
" I think we should build shelters and orphanages to take homeless people off the street." Aladdin answered.
" That's a good idea. And how you're going to finds the funds to do so ?" the colleague asked again.
" The sultan has enough money to build another city."
" Where does the sultan get his money?"
Aladdin didn't know what to answer, " Ummm, we should have a charity ball or a foundation. Built by the people for the people." He smiled trying to buy an approval.
" Smart lad. " said the woman next to him.
Aladdin sighed in relief. Somehow Jasmine was separated mingling with the other guests. Aladdin tried to talk with the rest of the party but they didn't give Aladdin a chance to speak. Or They just completely ignored him. Three young women who were about Jasmine's age ,went up to Aladdin. The same three woman who was talking about Aladdin behind his back. The girl in green is Tina. The girl in blue is Mina. The girl in purple is Lina. All three cornered Aladdin and sat him down on the big comfy pillow. They were interrogating him with questions and charming their way for Aladdin's attention.
" Oh, you're so strong. You work out?" asked Mina
" Do you have a brother?" asked Lina
" You should have met me first before you met Princess Jasmine." said Tina
" No me!" said Mina
" Are you kidding? Me!" said Lina
Aladdin laughed nervously and answered their questions nicely. He gushly tried to sneak away as all three tried to fight over him.
" So, your highness which do you find-" Tina asked and all three noticed that Aladdin mysteriously disappeared.
Genie followed Aladdin, " Yo! Al! Why are you walking away from your own party?"
" Genie is it hot in here or is it just me?" Aladdin asked.
" It's you! Because you are ' SMOKIN'" Genie transformed himself into Jim Carrey as Fire Marshall Bill. " You are the man of the night!" With a touch of magic Genie had a comedy roast. A long white table coming from both side and right in the middle was a picture of Aladdin in the middle of the circle. Somehow in its chairs that filled in both sides are Genie imitations of Cassim, Iago, Abu, Jasmine, Carpet, Sadira, Sultan, and Rasoul. Genie took the podium, " I first met Al when he first rubbed my lamp. It was love at. " Genie grabbed the tissue with tears in his eyes, " Wait! There's something in my eyes. It was love at first..." Genie wiped the tears with the tissue, " Love at first" Genie blew into the tissue." Love at first rub! Al! I love you man!" Genie starts to cry, " You're the man!"
" Genie! Someone's coming!" Aladdin called out.
" That's all you can say? After all that I done for you?" Genie imitated Aladdin's voice, " Genie! Someone's coming!" Aladdin pointed to a two men coming up the palace steps below.
" Oh!" With a flash all the magic stuff had disappeared and Genie transformed himself into his human form.
The tall old man had his young son accompanied him. The young son was handsome, rich, and had flashy clothing. He was a bit older than Aladdin. He approached Aladdin, " Excuse me, Would you park our horses for us in the stables? Thank you. " Just before Aladdin could say a word. He tossed a gold coin in hands. They continued up the stairs.
Genie was shocked, " How rude was he? He thinks you're the help? Hmmph! I know a few places to hide his horses."
Abu was screeched at them angrily.
“ Whoa! Monkey! Don’t need get hostile!” Genie calmed Abu down, “ Here have banana cream pie!” Genie zapped Abu a piece of pie. It was stuff into his mouth.
Jasmine came down the steps, “ Aladdin! There you are! I miss you.. Why are you out here?”
There was a sudden change of face in Aladdin and he ran up to her, " I just needed air to breath. In there, it feels like I'm a stranger at my own party."
" And those people! I never seen such people with their noses high. P.U.! It either that or is it just me?" Genie was a skunk with a clothes pin pinching his nose.
Aladdin and Jasmine covered their noses by the stench that Genie has been giving off. " Oh, sorry." Genie was back to his original self.
" It seems like you're a different person when you're out here with Genie and inside at the ballroom, you're so quiet." said Jasmine to Aladdin
" Don't worry Jas. I'll be up there in a bit. I just need a little time." Aladdin kissed Jasmine on the cheek.
" Okay." She smiled as she went up the steps.

Jasmine was on her way back and there was this young prince standing inside the doorway. He was tall, dark hair, blue eyes and a great fashion sense in clothing. His garbs were in royal blue and white that looked greatly on silk. Jasmine looked at him and was speechless by the way he stood.
The prince smiled and spoke to Jasmine as if he knew her, " Hello. Princess Jasmine. Do you remember me?" He grabbed her hand and kissed it. Jasmine didn't recognized who he was. Aladdin would be angry if he sees this prince kissing Jasmine's hand.
" No, I'm sorry." Jasmine answered. She kindly move her hand away from him.
" I'm Prince Rajan from the Maharajah across the sea. We met as children. My father gave you a tiger cub when we last visited and that's where you named your tiger Rajah from my country."
It dawned on her, " Prince Rajan! I remember you now!"
The first time she met Prince Rajan. Her father and his father had a business meeting at the palace. Rajan and her played hide and seek in the palace. Jasmine had a blast playing together with him. She never knew that she would ever see him again.
" When your father called all the Princes to come to court you three years ago. And If I knew how a beautiful woman that you've become. I should have came sooner. Somehow I was bumped aside by this Prince Ali fellow. Things went weird in the city. Dark clouds. Wind was blowing and a wizard rose to power. I thought Agrabah was done for. I ran to save my life.."
Jasmine thought, ' Ha! Whether he came before Aladdin. I would have still denied him.' They went into the ballroom. All of sudden there was a positive atmosphere.
" NOW’s that a couple of royal blood!" one spoke.
" Did you know that she supposed to be with him?" another whispered.
Jasmine blocked out the comments they made. It doesn't matter because she's already married
Prince Rajan sat with Jasmine in the corner. Aladdin came in and there he noticed his wife talking to a man who thinks Aladdin is part of the palace help.
Jasmine saw Aladdin approaching them. " Rajan! You meet my husband." Jasmine introduced Aladdin to Rajan.
" This is the lucky man? I'm so sorry. I saw you earlier and I assumed that you're one of the help. My mistake." He shook Aladdin's hand.
Aladdin smiled with smite, " I get that everytime."
" So, my friend. Where are you from?" Rajan asked Aladdin
" Agrabah." Aladdin answered.
" Yes, I know. That's where you live now. I mean Where is your place of origin?"
" Agrabah." he answered again.
" That's impossible. You're a Prince right? Unless you guys are-"
" Yes, I was Prince Ali and-" Aladdin explained
Jasmine interrupted, " Aladdin lived here in Agrabah and pretended to be a-"
"You're Prince Ali?!" exclaimed Rajan. " Do you remember me? You're advisor ( he was referring to Genie) pushed me aside by the parade. You want to flaunt around into the city's streets!"
" Long story short. My father changed the law for me to choose whoever I deemed worthy and I chose to be with Aladdin." Jasmine logically reasoned out..
Aladdin laughed nervously, " That was you? ha..ha. Sorry about that. I assumed that you're one of the citizens of Agrabah."
Rajan smiled and calm down. Obviously there was an arrangement that his father and the Sultan had made many years ago. He just sat there and let the newlywed enjoy their time with one another. The bomb that his father and him are going to pull is going to be a big one. Rajan, Aladdin, and Jasmine continued on with their conversation.
King Karanta of the Maharajah went to show himself to the Sultan of Agrabah. The Sultan looked at him as if he saw a ghost. " Karanta? What are you doing here? I thought Maharajah was destroyed by the Ephireal ten years ago."
" That's what I thought. We gathered together and rebuild. Maharajah is stronger than ever. What's this I've been hearing? Princess Jasmine married a commoner? What about the arrangement we made? Princess Jasmine was supposed to be married to Rajan."
The Sultan was speechless, " How am I supposed to know? You send no word that you existed. What do you want Jasmine to do? I need an heir. I'm not going to reverse the aging process."
Karanta explained, " I did. Delivered word. I sent my son over to court Jasmine. When called suitors from all the seven deserts. He was here but pushed away by this Prince Ali fellow. After two days into his stay. Agrabah was attacked by an evil sorcerer and there was this big blue giant. Rajan and I thought Agrabah was done for until the day Princess Jasmine married someone else."
" What do you want me to do Karanta? Jasmine had already married." said the Sultan.
" An arrangement is an arrangement, Sultan. You can't go back on it. Give this marriage an annulment or Agrabah will have a war!"
The Sultan gasp in such a shock, " You can't do this. My daughter is happily married. I can't do this to her."
King Karanta answered him, " Your daughter would have been happy with Rajan. You will annul this marriage. For the sake of your country. But, hey it is a celebration. Let's enjoy the moment."
Genie magically zapped into some music from his DJ turn table. The partygoers was amused by the contraption that played out music. They came out to dance on the floor. Rajan asked permission if it was okay to dance with Jasmine. Aladdin allowed it. Rajan took her hand and danced with her. He was quite a good dancer. He twirled her around and swung her. Jasmine followed his every move. Rajan dipped her, Jasmine smiled as she was put back up. Rajan squirmed closer to Jasmine.
Rajan looked at Aladdin. Aladdin was steaming in jealousy. " Jasmine. I think your husband must be mad because there's steam coming out of his ears. Boy! Is his face is red."
Aladdin went up to Jasmine, " May I cut in Rajan?" Rajan gave Jasmine back to Aladdin. " Aren't you cozying up a little too close to Rajan?"
Jasmine was shocked to see a jealous side in Aladdin, " We were just dancing. My love. Nothing more."
" He's been by your side all night and didn't talk to anybody else but you. I think that he's trying to break us apart." Aladdin said it in such suspicion.
" What? Aladdin! What is wrong with you? Why are you being this way? Prince Rajan was nice to you and this is how your treat your guests ?" Jasmine snapped at him.
" Well. Let me see. There's a lot of our guests out there that rather want you to marry Rajan than me. I hear gossip that he's in love with you."
Jasmine stopped, separated herself and walked away from Aladdin. " Jasmine! It's the truth! Why don't you believe me?"
" Don't talk to me until your common sense is knocked into you!" Jasmine yelled. Everyone in the room looked at the quarreling couple.
Genie needed to create a diversion to keep eyes away from the couple. " Okay! Let's form a circle and show me your groove thing!" The crowd formed a circle and Genie started to break dance. Genie duplicated himself to DJ the turn tables and zapped another duplicate of himself to battle. As the two genie battled, one to the right went in circle and started doing flares to windmills. The other Genie to the left also went in the circle, he did airflares to halos to babies. From there, they were doing the bungaloo. The crowd was amused and cheering for Genie. " Uh! Uh! Oh yeah! Head to head! Tag your man! Tag your man! Head to head!" (2) Genie yells out. While the commotion was going on, Aladdin went upstairs to turn in early from the party and Jasmine went outside to breathe. Rajan followed her to comfort her.
"I'm sorry for what happened princess. Here's something to dry her eyes out." Rajan handed her the handkerchief. Jasmine was talking to her problems with Aladdin to the Prince of Maharajah.
From above , Aladdin was changed into his street rat pants and went out to see the view from the balcony. He look down below and there was Rajan talking to Jasmine. ' Oh! No! This guy will never quit.' Aladdin thought. He took a white shirt, put it on and whistled for Carpet. Carpet flew in, " Come on Carpet. Take me down below. I have an idea. I'm not going to let Rajan to get closer to Jasmine." Carpet swooped Aladdin and took him to the garden below. " Jasmine?" Aladdin came out of the shadows. Jasmine turned around.
" How in the world you get here? Weren't you upstairs turning in?" asked Rajan.
" I couldn't sleep without Jasmine by my side." answered Aladdin.
It was the sweetest thing Jasmine heard but still it was no excuse for what happened earlier. " I'm still mad you." Jasmine said to Aladdin.
" I know. I'm such a jerk to you and Rajan. It's just that." Aladdin had a white flower in his hands and offered it to Jasmine. " What does a desert flower like you would want anything to do with a street rat? I'm afraid that someone better is going to come along and swoop you away from me."
Jasmine accepted the flower, " There's no one else but you Aladdin." She hugged Aladdin.
'Hmmph! Nice save street rat! But, my friend the better man is me. And it is by force too.' Rajan thought to himself. " Okay, I should leave you two lovebirds alone. You're a lucky man Aladdin." Rajan walked away to the party inside, " Not for long."
Aladdin and Jasmine were alone. He tilted her backwards and kissed her passionately. " Let's turn in. Shall we Mrs. ?"
Jasmine smiled and look into those beautiful loving eyes, " Let's shall. Mister." Aladdin called for Carpet and carpet took them back to their rooms.

Back to index


Chapter 2: What!?

All the party guests had left the palace to return to their homes. Except for King Karatan and Prince Rajan. In the morning, Aladdin awoke with Jasmine by his side. He brushed the hair off from her face and traced his finger against her arm. Aladdin could hear the early morning marketplace bustle. The rooster crowing to alert the others that morning had dawned. Rajah was purring happily sleeping away in his slumber. The sun glowed from behind her. She looked so angelic so breathtaking. If there was a moment that Aladdin could freeze time it would be now. Jasmine slightly opened her eyes and to see Aladdin was awake watching her.
She smiled, " Hey you. Good morning."
Aladdin smiled back adoringly, " Hey you." He leaned to her to kiss her good morning.
Jasmine stretched her arms, " It must have been some party last night. I heard the guest leave around two in the morning."
" Amina. Knock the door and breakfast is ready." Aladdin informed her. " Finally we can have time to ourselves now."
They got up and prepared themselves for breakfast. The newlyweds happily went downstairs had their meal. Abu was playing around with Rajah. The big cat purred and acted like a tiny housecat. He pouncing around and, pawing the rubber ball that Abu brought out.
After they were finished, the servant came in, " Prince Aladdin and Princess Jasmine. The Sultan wants a meeting with the both you in the throne room. It's important."
" I wondered what's so important." said Aladdin.
They got up and did what the sultan had asked them to do. Upon the throne room was a surprise, the royals of the Maharajah were still here. Right next to them was the Sultan. The Sultan looked depressed and upset. Jasmine saw the look into her father's face. 'There's something wrong.' she thought.
The sultan went up to his daughter, " Dearest. I'm sorry. I'm so very sorry. But I had to do this for the sake of our city. Please understand."
King Karatan explained the bad news, " We came to Agrabah and arranged a business deal. Remember Jasmine? When you're five and that's the first time you met Rajan. That was an arrangement for you and Rajan to marry at the age of sixteen."
Aladdins suspicions were true, " Isn't it a little late for that?"
The king ignored Aladdin's question and continued, " We thought that both of our city was destroyed by ephireals and evil doers. Until there was a proclamation throughout the seven deserts that Princess Jasmine was getting married to somebody else. I see that my son is treated unfairly because of Prince Ali. Ali pushed him off the side because he wanted to go first. Truthfully, Jasmine belongs to Rajan because it's in a contract that’s legally signed by the Sultan himself and me." Karatan showed the document. It was authentically signed. " So this marriage with the Princess to Aladdin is annulled. Jasmine is to wed Rajan in Maharajah."
Aladdin and Jasmine was shocked and the word annulled rang so loudly, " WHAT!?" They said together.
" No way! I'm not going to give up Jasmine for anything in the world.!" Aladdin grabbed onto Jasmine claiming ownership.
" I'm not going to Maharajah or I'm marrying Rajan! Father! You can't do this! I love Aladdin! You change the law for me! Don't you remember?" Jasmine pleaded.
Sultan sadly looked at his daughter, " Yes, I remember. I'm sorry Jasmine but I signed the contract years ago. I thought Maharajah was destroyed by the Ephireal. Karatan threatened the country."
" But you can't go back on your word!" begged Jasmine to her father.
" Jasmine, he made a promise to my father first." said Rajan.
" Like it or not, Princess. If you don't go and marry my son. I personally see to it that Agrabah and it's citizens will burn to the ground." continued Karatan.
" NO! I'm not going to let some rich boy get what he wants by Daddy!" the anger in Aladdin's voice raised the tension higher.
" Rich boy! I have more money than you have peasant!" yelled Rajan.
" Why don't you handle it on your own? or Will your servants do it for you ?" Aladdin said it back.
The boys went at it at each other, pushing, shoving and throwing punches at each other. It was an all out box match in the throne room.
Jasmine was screaming, " Stop it! Stop it! Both of you! That's enough!"
The sultan called his palace guards to cause an prevention
Genie automatically popped into the scene to see what's the racket going on, " Gee, It's like watching the discovery channel. When two lions fight for the female. Al! What's with you ! Stop it!" Genie separated Aladdin and Rajan was coming at him." And you Rajan! Stay into your corner until the next round!" Rajan was pushed away into the corner of a boxing ring.
" What? A Genie? Aladdin had done trickery!? He hypnotized the Princess into loving him!" said King Karatan.
" No, that's not true!" exclaimed Jasmine.
The palace guards came in, protected Rajan and restrained Aladdin. " As of this moment your marriage to Princess Jasmine is officially annulled! Take this street rat off the premises and if he ever come never the palace! Arrest him! And that goes the rest of his friends." ordered Karatan.
" My pleasure." said Rasoul. " I knew that you're bound to worn out you're welcome here. Sooner or later. "
" Father, you can't do this! Aladdin! Get your hands off him Rasoul! I order you!" Jasmine cried out.
" Hey, your honor I object!" Genie turned into a lawyer in a classy black business suit and brief case, " My client hasn't given a fair trail or was offered his miranda rights."
The Sultan sadly spoke, " Take him away."
Jasmine ran to set Aladdin free but she was restrained back by palace guards, " No! Please! Don't do this! How can you do this? Father! Please let him go!" she pleaded, " Aladdin!"
Genie was about to zapped Aladdin free and he was threatened by Karatan. " You're going to make matters worse. Big blue guy. Don't make me hire a Muktaar to go after you" Genie put his finger down and watch Aladdin being tossed out.
" Jasmine!" Aladdin yelled back. He tried to move his body to loosen free. The two palace guards were holding Aladdin on both sides. " Jasmine!" He had tears coming out of his eyes." Jasmine!" Aladdin was dragged out the door by the palace guards.
Jasmine stood in shock, and she was crying. " No! Aladdin!" She bawled, "No!" The guards let her go, Jasmine immediately ran to the door and Aladdin was already kicked out. Abu, Carpet, and Genie went outside to meet up with him by the palace walls.
" Princess Jasmine ?" Rajan put his hand on her shoulder.
Jasmine coldly smacked it away, " Get your hands off me." She ran out of the throne room.
Rajan followed her. He found Jasmine crying by the fountain and Rajah was comforting her. Rajah saw Rajan immediately went charging at him, " Tigre, obedezer" The tiger recognized the command and quietly sat down. Jasmine saw Rajan commended the cat to heel.
" How are you doing that?" she asked.
" My father and I trained the cubs before we gave them out so they can be domesticated for their owners." answered Rajan. Jasmine turned around so she wouldn't face Rajan with her arms crossed. " Princess, I know that you have every reason to be angry at me. But I'm in love with you."
' Hmmph! Aladdin is right! He is in love with me.' Jasmine thought and retorted, " How can you say that you're in love with me? You don't even know me?"
" Believe me princess. I was forced into this too. I was told by many people in my palace that included my mother and my father. I was going to marry the princess of Agrabah. Meeting you after all these years makes my crush flourished into something more."
" If this is arranged then why all the trouble for me choosing the suitors?"
" You know the story. There was all these misinterpretations that got in the way. I didn't want to marry a stranger. I came to see you to see for myself and maybe it was love. And seeing the hot temper person you are. You would have denied me. For you to give me a chance. I would've given you this." Rajan gave a barrette to Jasmine. It was a pretty butterfly clip in tiny shiny jewels that sparkled in purple, blue and pink.
Jasmine was shocked to see it, " I thought I lost this years ago. It was my mothers. She was so mad at me that I misplaced it and you had it all along."
" When the last time we met, I took it. I wanted something to remember you by." Rajan leaned into Jasmine for a kiss.
Automatically Jasmine backed away from him, " I'm sorry. I can't do this. I love Aladdin. I won't deceive him. If you really love me then you would've been happy for me."
" You have no choice. You are going to Maharajah with me and we will be wed. It was commanded by both of our fathers. You know that for a fact."
Jasmine sadly let her head down and went into her quarters.

Aladdin was back in his hubble and melancholy looked out of his window viewing the palace. He was confused and everything happened so fast. When the palace guards separated him from Jasmine the incident went so slowly. Aladdin sighed, ' This can't be it. There has to be some other way to get her back.' he thought. He reminisced all the happy memories with Jasmine. From their dates on Carpet to their intimate moments. Her smile, her love for adventures, her will and her zest for life. Aladdin can’t let her go. After all that they have gone through and the good that Jasmine has brought into his life. Aladdin can’t give up.
Genie put his hand on his shoulder, “ Al, I can’t even grant myself a wish to help you right now. That contract is legal and authentically signed. If there’s anything I can do. Just say it and I’ll go off the deep end for you.”
Abu tugged his pants, “ Me too.”
“ Yes, there is something that you can do. You have to sneak me into the palace. I have to see Jasmine.” said Aladdin.
“ Dude! No can do! Man! If the popo sees you they’ll arrest you man!.” Genie was a sixties hippie. With his tye shirt, bellbottoms, peace sign pendant, long hair and flowers.
“ Please? Genie? For the sake of love?” asked Aladdin.
Aladdin gave Genie the puppy dog eyes and he couldn’t resist, “ Oh, okay. Just don’t give me those eyes. ” Genie whistled for Carpet and put Aladdin on. “ For the power of love!” Genie magically sent Aladdin to the palace.

In the chambers of Jasmine’s bedroom. The princess laid on her bed downheartedly and Rajah was next to her catching her tears. It was like history repeating itself again. ‘ I will never be happy. I will never be with the man I love. This is not fair. Why?’ she thought. Without a second thought, Jasmine heading out to her balcony ready to jump off. Rajah sensed the dark force that consumed her. The tiger pulled on her pants and forcibly growled at her. Just before Jasmine hit the curtains..
“ Princess Jasmine?” a voice called out. There was a figure of a man stood out on her balcony. The voice was familiar and very recognizable.
“ Aladdin!” Jasmine ran out and it was him. Aladdin motioned her to be quiet. She wrapped her arms around him not wanting to let go. They kissed and Aladdin held her more.
“ You can’t let anybody know that I’m here.” He took Jasmine’s hand leading her inside. “ Let’s go and get out of here. We’ll go faraway from this place and we’ll be together forever like we promised. Even though your father annulled this marriage. You are still my wife.”
Jasmine excitedly grabbed her essentials, kissed Aladdin, “ I love you.”
Aladdin kissed her back, “ I love you too.”
“ I don’t care if we live in a shack or if we continue to run forever. As long as I’m with you. I rather be poor and in love than to be rich and miserable.” Jasmine gazed into those beautiful brown eyes. Aladdin smiled with such happiness and kissed Jasmine again. They were like two people falling in love again. Genie watched them and there was this hopelessly in love feeling fulfilled his heart. Just by watching them.
“ Genie, you know what to do.” said Aladdin.
“ Right little buddy. Buy some time.” Genie changed himself into a duplicate Jasmine. “ No kisses on the first date. Unless he buys me diamonds, and chocolates, and flowers, and a teddy bear, and a silver bracelet, and- ” Genie spoke in Jasmine’s voice. He got trailed off and noticed that Aladdin and Jasmine were embracing each other once again.
There was a knock on to her door, “ Jasmine?” It was the sultan.
“ You two crazy lovebirds get out of here.” Genie ushered them out. Aladdin and Jasmine got on carpet and took off..
The Sultan went into the room, “ Jasmine are you all right?”
“ Yes, father.” Genie said in Jasmine’s voice. The sultan entered Jasmine’s bedroom not knowing that his real daughter had already left. Also not knowing that Jasmine standing in front of him is actually Genie.
The sultan sat his daughter down, “ Jasmine, I’m so sorry that this happened this way. I didn’t know what to do because Agrabah will be at war.”
“ I understand, What you have to do. Even at my own expense .”
The sultan put his arm around her, “ I know that you have to give up Aladdin. Rajan, he’s not a bad guy. He loves his family. His country and you. Maybe, you should be better off. No offense to Aladdin. I love him like a son. I have to keep peace in Agrabah. All I ask is to just give Rajan a chance, you may like him.”
Genie as Jasmine nodded her head. “ Just give me time. I’ll let you know when I’m ready.”
The sultan kissed her head, “ Good night dearest .” The sultan left Jasmine’s quarters. ‘ Poor Jasmine.’ Genie thought. “ I hope that no one reveals me soon. Or Al’s going to pay.”

Back to index


Chapter 3: The Lover's runaway.

The love birds were flying on carpet as faraway as they can. The night was getting darker and the air was getting cold. They needed to stop and rest. They spotted a crowd of desert travelers resting and warming by a fire. There was music and entertainment. Carpet let them down not far away, rolled himself up, and let Aladdin carry him. Jasmine and Aladdin walked hand in hand towards the travelers.
“ Mind if we join you?” Aladdin asked.
“ Sure! Warm up by the fire! Let my wife Mirna, fix you a plate. My name is Ezekiel.” He introduced himself to Aladdin and shook hands with him. The bearded chubby man showed where Mirna is cooking her specialty dishes. The aroma smelled alluring with it’s flavor of seasoning and spices. It wasn’t a palace cuisine but it was delicious. That will have to do.
Mirna served them food and saw the bond between Aladdin and Jasmine. “ Did you guys get married? You look so sweet together.”
Aladdin and Jasmine nodded yes and sat comfortably by the blazing fire. Ezekiel was playing songs on his guitars and the men played on tiny bongo drums. While the rest of the traveling clan, danced, clapped, and the children were running around playing with their toys. Jasmine had her eyes on the children and smiled. Aladdin noticed the children too. He cuddled close to her and sharing a blanket.
“ You want one?” he asked. Aladdin was referring to children in the near future.
“ That will be nice. Whenever the time is right. It will be such a blessing.” answered Jasmine. “ Look at everyone here. Everyone is poor but they’re so happy and intented with what they have.”
“ That’s what we will be. Happy and intented.” said Aladdin. He kissed her. It was passionate and sweet. Jasmine felt so in love that she could just melt in his arms. Everything that worried her seemed to go away.
Ezekiel let out a husky laugh, “ Let’s play a game. We’ll make up a song a melody and you’ll make up the words. No poetry. You’ll have to sing. We’ll start with the newlyweds right there.” He referred to Aladdin and Jasmine.
Aladdin blushed, “ No. It’s okay. We’re really not good. It’s better that we don’t.”
“ Come on Aladdin. It will be fun. I’ll go first.” convinced Jasmine and Aladdin agreed. “ Okay, Ezekiel start. “ Ezekiel played the melody on his guitar and the bongo drums went with the beat. It was a sweet song:
We could be in Love ( by Lea Salonga and Brad Kane) (3)

Jasmine: Be still my heart. Lately its mine and is on its own. It will go far and wide. Just to be near you.
Aladdin: Even the stars. Shines at me bright I noticed. When you’re close to me.
Jasmine: Still it remains a mystery.
Together: For anyone who’s seen us. Knows what going on between us. It doesn’t take a genius to read between the lines. And it’s just not wishful thinking or only me who’s dreaming. I know that these are symptoms of. We could be in love.
Jasmine: Don’t ask myself why. I sleep like a baby through the night. Maybe it helps to know. You’ll be there tomorrow.
Aladdin: Don’t open my eyes. I wake up the spell. I’m under makes me wonder how.
Jasmine: Tell me how. I couldn’t live without you now.
Together: What about the laughter? The happy ever after? Like voices of sweet angels. Who’re calling out our names. And it’s not just wishful thinking or Only me who’s dreaming. I know what these are symptoms of. We could be in love.
Aladdin: All my life, I’ve dreamed of this. But I could not see your face.
Jasmine: Don’t ask why.. Two such distant stars can fall right into place.
Together: For anyone who’s seen us. Knows what’s going on between us. It doesn’t take a genius to read between the lines and it’s not just wishful thinking. Or Only me who’s dreaming. I know what these are symptoms of. We could be..We could be in love. We could be..We could be in love.
Aladdin: We could be in
Together: We could be in love..

Everyone’s hearts were touched and felt the vibe coming from Aladdin and Jasmine. Mirna had tears in her eyes. “ I knew that something was so special about the two of you. I see a beautiful future.”
Jasmine leaned to Aladdin for a kiss, “ I love you.”
“ I love you too. Jasmine.” he responded.
They turned in for the evening. Hours passed by into the evening close at dawn.
Jasmine awoke with a disturbance.
Aladdin secondly arose by her, “ What happened?”
Jasmine cried, “ Thousands of people will die because of me. Agrabah will burn and Maharajah will lose their fathers, sons, cousins, uncles, and brothers. Along with Agrabah's. My father will be hurt and tortured. I have to go back. We have to go back. There’s must be some other way.”
“ Jasmine. No! We can’t go back. You know what’s going to happen if we do.”
“ Aladdin if I stay with you. The guilt will destroy me. Being without you will destroy me. Each other way. I lose. Imagine, how long will Genie will keep impostering me. What if he slip? or someone finds out?”
" Please, Let's leave in the morning. I just want to be with you a little longer." Aladdin caressed her face and kissed her. He didn't want to remotely think of tomorrow. Jasmine wrapped her arms around him like a teddy bear. They lay under the stars with one another. She laid her head on Aladdin's chest and she could hear his heart beating so loudly. Their breath synchronized together and Jasmine counted as it went in and out along with Aladdin’s. Tears swelled up as she looked at him. ' This the face of my only true love. I will love you forever.' she thought. Aladdin saw her tears and wiped it away with his hands. Among all her days as a princess, this is the greatest sacrifice that Jasmine had to do. One true love for the lives of her people.

Meanwhile, a palace guard went into the Sultans quarters. The sultan, King Karatan, Rajan and Genie posing as Jasmine was arranging the wedding ceremony in Maharajah.
" You want what? " asked Karatan.
" Yeah, I want a winter wedding." said impostor Jasmine.
" Darling, it's in the middle of the summer." said Rajan.
" We're royalty. We have the means to do it. I already had a summer wedding. Why not a winter wedding? With snow, skating, hot chocolate, crystals, and white candles. and-"
The impostor Jasmine was interrupted by the palace guard, " Sultan! I saw-" The palace guard saw the impostor Jasmine and he was confused. " I thought you left?" He said to her.
" What do you mean?" she began to sweat.
" Well, I saw you leave with Aladdin. Just to make sure that it was you. I went to check Aladdin's old home and he wasn't there either." informed the palace guard.
" I smell foul play. If you see Jasmine leave with Aladdin then who is this right here?" said Karatan.
" I don't know who you are? But I didn't raised twins. Reveal yourself!" said the sultan.
Genie was back to himself and there was surprise into the faces of the room.
The King of Maharajah stood up with such anger, " That boy has kidnapped the princess! Sultan! Order your men to look everywhere for them! They can't be far!" He turned to the sultan. " You better pray that we find them. Or I'll personally see to it that your beloved city is destroy in shambles!" The Sultan ordered his men and the King of Maharajah had his men from his boat to go look for Jasmine. Rajan went along with his father. Genie quickly disappeared to find Aladdin and warn him. He found Aladdin and Jasmine not far from the gates of Agrabah. Dawn had already hit onto the horizon.
" Al! Jas! They know! The palace guard discovered me." said Genie. " They send out a search party looking for you. They think Aladdin kidnapped Jasmine." Genie multiplied himself and had bloohounds running around. They were surrounding Aladdin and Jasmine.
Jasmine sighed and was ready for her punishment. Aladdin was scared and wouldn't allow this to happen.
" There has to be some other way. We have to work this out." pleaded Aladdin.
" We can't run forever. We have to face them sooner or later." said Jasmine. " Let's go."


Back to index


Chapter 4: A Forced Breakup.

In the morning, Aladdin and Jasmine passed the gates Agrabah on Carpet. Both of them knew the consequences and the sacrifice is going to be made. She placed her hand upon his. They looked at each other. They felt so helpless that a higher power has the shots to separate them. This which makes them want to be together even more.
" We have to fight. For our love. For us. For everyone we love. For Agrabah." suggested Aladdin
Jasmine placed his hand against her face and kissed it. " I'm scared too . Aladdin. For the first time in my life. I'm not so sure anymore."
As they flew into the palace. They were spotted. All the palace guards informed the sultan, King Karatan, and Rajan. In the throne room, they threw a net at Aladdin, Jasmine and Carpet. They set Jasmine free , arrested Aladdin and Carpet.
" Throw him into the dungeon. He's charged for kidnapping the princess." said King Karatan.
Jasmine just watched Aladdin taken away from her once again and this time there was no struggle. The dungeon was still the same, dark, dirty, cold and rats lurking in every corner. Aladdin found Genie, Abu, and Carpet locked up with him. Genie was dressed up in black and white playing the harmonica. Abu paced back and forth. This time his lock picks was taken away. Carpet was rolled up and in shackles. Jasmine was in her quarters and packing up to go to Maharajah. Rajan came into her bedroom to check if she was okay.
" If you really love me then you would be happy for me no matter who I choose to be with." Jasmine glared at Rajan. Her once friendship for him turned into hatred.
" I do love you. But it's my father that makes the rules. Not me." reasoned Rajan.
" Why don't you say something to him? Stand up to him." said Jasmine.
" I can't. He's going to disown me and strip my authority as Maharajahs future king. There's so much that I want to do for my country. I don't want to break my mothers heart. She wanted for me to rule better than my father. My father's wicked way brought the ephireal to my country."
King Karatan came into her quarters as well. " No, you're going to marry Rajan, stay by his side, give children and that's final! You're going to grow and love my son! Is his love is not enough for you?"
" I love Aladdin. Your highness and nothing is going to change that!" snapped Jasmine.
" My dear. I'm going to set free your infatuation and you're going to tell him that you don't love him. End this relationship and make him believe that your love for him is nothing to you. This is to make sure that he doesn't go after you anymore. If he does go after you then I'll make sure that he doesn't exist on this earth." ordered Karatan.
Jasmine cried, " Why are you doing this? Why?"
" Your father made his bed when arranged this marriage. Now, he has to lie in it. Rajan! Leave this room. Princess Jasmine and I are going to do some business in the dungeon." Rajan left her quarters. King Karatan and Jasmine went to the dungeon downstairs. He handed the keys to Jasmine." Here's your cue and don't disappoint me." Jasmine went down the stairs and found Aladdin chained up to the wall. Her heart sunk when she saw Aladdin locked up and the rest of her friends. Jasmine didn't want to tell Aladdin what she was forced to say and she did it to save his life.
Aladdin was happy to see her, " Jasmine! I'm glad to see you."
" Before, I set all of you free. Just listen to what I'm going to say." There was a lump in her throat that was hard to swallow. Jasmine gathered up her nerves trying not to cry. " I realized that I'm in love with Rajan. He-" Genie, Carpet, and Abu was surprised by her news.
Aladdin interrupted, " What!? No! Jasmine you love me. We married. We had three years together."
" Listen to me." There was nervousness in her voice and it was hard to break it off with Aladdin. " He promised me things that you can't give me. We supposed to be together before you came into my life. You push him away when you were Prince Ali. Things got so complicated. When I got together with someone who is at the bottom at the economic ladder than me. I can't deal with the criticism or the negativity. I deserve a prince not a street rat."
Aladdin couldn't believe what was coming out of her mouth. The word, "street rat" was never set upon her lips to ever call Aladdin that. "Please tell me that this is a joke. Jasmine, you love me. All materialistic things didn't matter to us. I love you and you love me. We'll be together when this blows over."
" Aladdin. We can't be together. No matter how far we leave. They'll always find a way to bring us back. I don't want you to suffer because of me. I'm marrying Rajan and I'm not in love with you anymore. I don't think I ever was. I had my fun and now it's time for me to get serious. We're over. " Jasmine ran out of the dungeon. She couldn't set them free because it was too painful to see Aladdin. Instead she let the palace guards set him free.
Aladdin started to run to catch Jasmine to talk to her and the guards stopped him, " Please let me talk to Jasmine! She loves me. I know it! She's forced to say all these things. I know she loves me."
" Are you deaf? Didn't you just hear her and spoke those words to you? She doesn't love you!" said one of the palace guards. They constrained him and escorted Aladdin out the palace doors. They threw him out. It started to rain.
Aladdin pounded on the palace gate with all of his might, " JASMINE!" he yelled, " JASMINE! I KNOW YOU LOVE ME!" He pounded the door again, " JASMINE! JASMINE!" Palace guards came out and open the palace gate. " Thank you I knew you would understand." Once again the palace guards pulled him out farther from the gate. " What are you doing?" Aladdin questioned and he struggled to set free from the palace guards.
" You're disrupting the peace. Stay away from the palace." The palace guards beaten Aladdin up and threw him into the mud. Aladdin tried to gather up his strength and passed out.
After they left Genie picked him up and took care of Aladdin at his hubble. Aladdin was dressed in warm clothing and a blanket to keep him warm. Genie made soup and goodies for his broken heart friend to eat. Abu shivered by the cold wind as the rain continue to fall down. He scampered to Carpet to keep warm. Everybody was so depressed.
Genie wanted to lighten up the mood." No wonder it's so blue. It's cold in here." With the magic sparkled out from his finger. Genie made Aladdin's old hubble into an enclosed warm atmosphere. He closed the holes in the building, put curtains, furniture, carpeting, and a fireplace. It was a modernized seventies out look. " See? It's a new bachelor pad! And it has a disco ball too!" Disco music started to play, Carpet was in roller skates. Abu was dressed like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.
Aladdin said no word about the remodeling. All he could think about is Jasmine. " How can she do this to me?" he said to himself.
" You know Al? This looks like a movie I watched the other night. It was called the "Moulin Rouge"? You're Christian sitting in that bed, sad and depressed thinking about the woman he loves. And here comes this man Toulose." Genie turns into John Legiszamo as Toulose. The midget in the movie of Moulin Rouge." But I know about art and love. If only I because I long for it with every fiber of my being. She loves you. I know it. I know that she loves you." (1)
" I'm not in the mood Genie." Aladdin said.
" That’s kind of exactly Christian said. But he-."
" I'm not in the mood." interrupted Aladdin who was being annoyed and had enough for one day of Genie’s antics.
The following day, there was a parade precession for Princess Jasmine leaving for Maharajah to marry Prince Rajan. The citizens crowd the streets to see what’s the celebration. They were surprised to see that their princess is marrying someone else. ‘ What happened to Aladdin?’ they thought. Aladdin awoke and opened the curtains. He saw horses that carried luggage and servants that followed behind. A pack of elephants carried the royals, one carried King Karatan, one carried Rajan, one carried the sultan and the last one carried Jasmine. Jasmine waved to say good-bye to her people. She faked a smile, while in the inside she was crumbling. They were passing Aladdin’s hubble. Jasmine looked up and saw Aladdin watching her. They locked eyes with each other. From that moment Aladdin knew that he had to try to win Jasmine one more time. After the parade passed, Aladdin called carpet to follow them to the beach. The boat going to Maharajah was getting loaded and ready to set sail. Jasmine wore a purple blouse that had it’s sleeves coming off the sides and she had matching pants that flowed like a skirt. Her hair was pulled back in a scarf to prevent her hair from the wind that blew. She walked arm in arm with Rajan on the dock. The sight of them together satisfied King Karatan.
“ Jasmine!” A voice called out. “ Jasmine!” it called again. They turned around and it was Aladdin coming behind them.
“ This boy is like a parasite. Now matter how much you get rid of him. He keeps coming back.!” said Rajan. ‘ Because he loves me.’ Jasmine happily thought. All the men started drawing out their swords ready to attack him.
“No! Don’t! Even if he begs. I won’t go.” said Jasmine. “ Let me say good-bye to him.” She approached him. Aladdin move close to hug her and Jasmine stepped back. “ Please, move on with your life and go home.”
“ Jasmine, I love you and deep down inside. You love me too. I know you love me.” said Aladdin
“ Don’t make this difficult than it already is. I choose Rajan.” Jasmine tried to hold back her tears and they rolled out..
“ I don’t believe you because you’re crying. You can’t say something that you don’t mean and cry over it. What about the other night under the stars? Did that mean anything to you? To me? To us? or when King Mamood let you go and you said that you’ll never leave me? I know that I’ll never leave you.” reasoned Aladdin.
“ I can’t..I can’t...”
“ You can’t what Jasmine?” asked Aladdin. He leaned in to kiss her. Jasmine kissed back and cried. Aladdin could taste the salt from her tears. She harshly pushed him away. “ I can’t love you anymore.” She walked away from him.
" No, your feelings were mutual. You kissed me back! Jasmine!" Aladdin grab hold on to her arms. He turned her to face him. " Look at me. Tell me you don't love me. Tell me that our love is nothing to you."
“I have to go. Please let me go. Aladdin.”
" Tell me." Aladdin
" Let her go Aladdin. The princess made her decision. She's going with us." said Rajan. Aladdin let her go and sadly looked away. Jasmine had made her decision. She walked up the plank to board the ship. Rajan helped her on board. Aladdin stood on the dock so brokenheartedly. Jasmine stood at the end of the ship looking at him. The boat departed and Aladdin got smaller and smaller. Her mind, her body, and her soul started to cry hysterically.
“ Be still my heart. Lately it’s mine and it’s on its own.” Jasmine sang to herself.
Jasmine was about to collapsed but she grabbed onto the railing. She lost the man she loved. Jasmine had this tiny bit of hope and decided on one last attempt to be with Aladdin.
A memory flash to her on that day of her wedding. The words of that old woman had said, “ He has proven his love to you but have you proven yours?”
Unexpectedly, she climbed the railing on the wooden boat.
Rajan was finding Jasmine to show her the rest of the ship. He saw her on the railing and Jasmine jumped. “ Man! I mean Woman over board!” he yelled
Jasmine was swimming to shore to be with Aladdin.
The sultan saw his daughter in the water and he automatically knew that Jasmine wanted to be with Aladdin. It was the wisest decision that Jasmine had made.
King Karatan saw Jasmine swim to shore,
“ Dropped the anchor! Damn that street rat! I should’ve let him talk to her before we left. Draw down the row boat.”
Aladdin didn’t see Jasmine jumped. He began to walk home. He dragged his feet into the sand. Thinking that his love of his life had left him. “ Aladdin!” a voice called to him. “ Aladdin!” He turned around and see Jasmine coming up the shore. She was smiling and soaking wet.
“ Jasmine?” Aladdin ran to her. They were reunited. Both of them were hugging, kneeling into the sand. They couldn’t let go of each other
“ I can’t leave you! I can’t leave. I wouldn’t survive without you. I can’t pretend anymore. I love you so much.”
The two of them kissed passionately, " There's no need to pretend. I always known it by your eyes, by your lips, by your smile that you love me. You can't pretend through that." said Aladdin
" I love you." said Jasmine.
" I love you too." responded Aladdin
The rowboat was set onto shore, “ Pull the princess away from him and kill him!” Aladdin and Jasmine stood up. He held her as if he's not going to let her go. All of Karatan men surrounded them with swords in their hands pointing towards them.
“ I love him and that’s the truth! If you’re going to kill him then you have to kill me too!” defended Jasmine.
" Put your swords down! Put them down now! Karatan tell your men to put their swords down." ordered the Sultan. Karatan followed the orders
“ There has to be some other way to resolve this. Rajan, this ordeal is between you and me. We don’t have to sacrifice anybody’s lives.” said Aladdin
“ Peasant boy, We don’t need this nonsense!” said Karatan.
“ Jasmine is not leaving Agrabah. Not for you and there’s no need to shed blood. Not the lives of your own people. If you care for the sake “your” country, your highness then you would agreed to do this.”
King Karatan asked “ What do you suggest we do?”
Aladdin looked around to look for a solution and he saw a poster for the annual horse race across the Agrabah’s desert. “ Let’s race for it. " He pulls the poster from the sand. " Whoever wins or finish first. Rajan wins then you keep Jasmine and go to Maharajah. If I win then I keep Jasmine. She stays here in Agrabah and you guys go home.”

Back to index


Chapter 5: A Race for your heart.

Aladdin was once again back in the palace. This time an agreement was made and a contract was created. It had Genie being the middle man and revising all the rules. Everyone signed the contract, the Sultan, Rajan, Princess Jasmine, Aladdin, King Karanta, and Genie. After that Rajan and Aladdin signed up the race horse. Later on, Jasmine secretly signed up. She is an independent women and who's not going to let two boys fight over her. Jasmine is not a prize to be won. It's time to take care of her own future. Her chances in staying here in Agrabah and being with Aladdin are two to one. Plus, there was no violation in the contract that Jasmine signed.

The day of the race has arrived. All the contestants were preparing their horses and grooming them. Some of the participants had good luck rituals performed on their horses. They were decorated with ribbons, bells, or painted on. All of the riders were given the map on where to turn and go that sends them across the desert. They meet their turning point and come back. The winner gets to have anything that their hearts desires. Mostly those who would win want a large sum of money. Others wanted a mansion, wanted to be fed for life, or a vacation getaway. After the race is finish there's a festival in the city. Aladdin had his black mustang that Genie helped him capture. Since Aladdin couldn't afford to buy his own horse. Genie helped Aladdin to get one. He was being the horse whispered by taming and training the animal.
" Yee hah! Buckaroo! The wilder the horse the faster he will get!" Genie was a cowboy with a lasso in his hands. .When the mustang was saddled up .Aladdin fed him carrots and gave him plenty of water. Rajan had his brown horse that was pure Arabian thoroughbred that it was the best money can buy.. King Karatan gave Rajan a weapon. It was a form to cheat just in case Aladdin was in the lead. Rajan was disgusted by his father’s actions and his foulplay.
“ Father, No.” Rajan pushed the weapon away. “ I’m going to do this fair and square. I had enough of you mettling in my life.”
“ What if you lose?” asked Karatan
“ I love Jasmine and I should be happy for her. Not to a point where nobody can have her. If she ends up with Aladdin then I’m happy. If she ends up with me then I’m happy. By the end of this race I will know my answer. We signed the new contract and it should go that way.”
King Karatan knew that his son is serious, “ Good luck son.”
“ Well don’t throw any victory parties yet.” Rajan mounted on his horse
Jasmine prepared her white stallion in a secret location. She brushed the horse and he nudged her for affection. “ We going to win. I promised you all the apples and carrots in the world.” There was a dressing room for her disguise.
Outside at the expectators on the starting line, King Karatan and the Sultan had ringside seats. Genie was selling programs and souvenirs. Abu and Carpet cheered Aladdin on.
Jasmine joined them to show her appearance. She noticed that the contestants were getting ready. Aladdin was on his black horse on the farthest to the right. Rajan was on his brown horse on the farthest to the left. They glared at each other.
Aladdin called out, " May the best man win."
Jasmine excused herself, " Father. Karatan. I'm going to a shady place below. It's too hot here." Jasmine left to change and mount on her horse.
" Is all of the riders ready?" said the announcer.
" One more person is coming!" called the festival worker.
The last contestant came on a white horse and a small skinny man riding dressed in sea green clothing. Finally all the contestants were ready to go. Genie had a pistol in his hands to start off the race. BANG! The horses started to run. The galloping was like thunder that drummed continuously into the ground. A large dust was created from behind.
" Yah! Yah!" someone called for their horse to move faster.
" Yippee! Yip! Yip!" called another. Suddenly the crowd began to separate. Rajan was ahead of Aladdin. The mysterious person on the white horse was ahead. The desert winds was picking up and a dust devil was forming. It took out some the players by having the sand in its eyes. The dust devil continued to spin and hit Rajan. Fortunately, Rajan had his eyes close and soon that Aladdin was ahead of him. Knowing that if there's a game being played. There's always a cheater lurking somewhere. A contender was dropping rubber snakes to scare the horses to run off it's course. He was right next to Jasmine and he threw his snake at her horse. The sight of it scared the animal as it stopped and neighing at it. The horse raised it's front legs and it was standing on its hind legs.
" Whoa! Whoa!" Jasmine said as she tried to calm the animal down. Sooner she found herself not in first place anymore. But she had to win. The horse calmed down, Jasmine directed it to the race direction. She had to win. She wants to stay in Agrabah with the man she love. Jasmine was back in the game. Aladdin was side by side with Rajan. Rajan was suddenly pushing Aladdin off to the side.
" Hey! Stay in your own lane!" yelled Aladdin.
" Whoops! There's something in my eye!" said Rajan. Aladdin did the same move to Rajan back. Jasmine saw them in front of her and she rolled her eyes because they were fighting like children.
Rajan looked at Aladdin as if he was treated unfairly.
Aladdin smiled in a joke, " What?! The sun blinded me!"
" Yeah right street rat!. " replied Rajan.
The mysterious rider in the sea green from behind them passed them up. Aladdin and Rajan noticed him but they didn't know that it was really Jasmine underneath. The rider in the sea green looked at Aladdin and for a couple of seconds they locked eyes. ' Hey, I know that person' Aladdin thought. They saw the oasis which was the half way mark of the race. Around the mark they went and back to Agrabah . Aladdin and Rajan noticed the cheater who’s been scaring the other horses with their contenders. They stopped arguing and bickering at each other. Together they decided to take the cheater out of the race. Rajan ripped his cape off and threw it to the cheater. The cheater was covered and couldn’t see. Aladdin went to his side grabbed his bag of rubber snakes. Both of them knocked the cheater off his horse. Aladdin threw the rubber snakes in front of the horse. The horse neighed in fright and galloped away. Rajan and Aladdin shook hands.
“ You’re a good man Rajan.” said Aladdin
“ You too. Aladdin.” responded Rajan.
“ Jasmine’s mine!” together they said.
“ Whoever wins. All is fair in love and war.” said Rajan.
They were coming up on the sand dune that overlooked the city of Agrabah. It came up to three contenders, Rajan, Aladdin, and the mysterious rider in the sea green outfit. The citizens noticed the riders coming. They cheered in such excitement. Genie was flying up above like a helicopter commenting on the race.
“ Aladdin and Rajan is head to head. Which man will win the hand of the princess! Oh! It’s nerve racking now! Will the commoner win? Oh! I can’t watch! What’s going on rug man from below?” A television screen from the helicopter came on. It showed carpet holding the microphone and Abu was dressed like a tourist right next to him. Below back to the race. Jasmine was behind and desperately she wanted to win. She shifted her body weight and positioned herself like a jockey on the horse. Jasmine lighten the weight to make the horse go faster. She passed up Aladdin and Rajan. They were complete surprised that this unknown contestant passed them up with such riding skills. Still they were lightly kicking and shaking their reigns for their horses to go faster. The sea green outfit entered first through the city’s gates. Aladdin and Rajan came in second tied. Both thought that they won.
“ I won. Jasmine’s mine.” said Rajan.
“ What!? No, I won. I came in first.” said Aladdin
“ No, I came in first.” Rajan said back.
“ Liar!” said Aladdin.
“ No, I won.” said a familiar female voice and she said it with pride.
They looked where the voice had came from. It was the mysterious sea green rider. The person removed the head cover which hid her mouth and hair. With the removable swift, Jasmine’s hair went down and true identity showed. Everyone cheered especially the women. They were happy because Jasmine is the first woman to win the race. The sultan and King Karatan were bewildered that Jasmine entered the race and the fact that she won.
King Karatan came down from his seats, “ That’s not fair. She violated the rules of the contract.”
Jasmine replied, “ No, I didn’t. Even though I signed the contract. It didn’t mean that I shouldn’t compete.”
Genie showed the contract and read the rules out loud for everyone to hear. There was nothing of other parties in joining in the race. “ Yes siree! Jasmine didn’t violated any rules or cheated.”
All of the people cheered. Jasmine’s hearts desires was granted. She got to stay married to Aladdin. She wanted Rajan and King Karatan to go back to Maharajah. But, Jasmine wanted Karatan to give Rajan the freedom to choose anyone he deems worthy to marry. Jasmine was awarded with a trophy and a victory parade.
Jasmine approached Rajan." I'm sorry about everything. But now you can go home and be with anybody that you want to have for your wife. I know that there's some girls out there. "
Rajan smiled at her, " I am happy for the both of you." He referred to Aladdin.
Aladdin stuck out his hand for truce and good sportsmanship, " Good game and good luck.
I see a good competition when I see one. I misjudge you."
Rajan walked away and turned around, " Me too. By the way if any harm comes to Jasmine or Jasmine gets tired of you. I'll be back." He smiled with such cockiness and confidece."
" Oh yeah! Don't count on it! " responded Aladdin. Aladdin and Jasmine mounted on the winning horse for the victory parade. Down the street, she rode on her horse with Aladdin. People threw white flower petals from their windows. It showered upon them.
Aladdin kissed Jasmine. “ That’s my girl.” He proudly said to her.
From the corner the old woman who was the prime minister’s wife saw Jasmine. She directed her horse to come beside her.
“ You proved your love.” said the old woman.
“ Yes I did.” Jasmine said back.

Warning : All Aladdin character are associated with the Walt Disney comapny. Rajan and Karatan are fictional characters. Here are my works cited that I use in my story.
1. Moulin Rouge directed by Baz Luhrmann 2001 Twentith Century Fox
2. T.V show 360. All break dancing vocabulary was by B-boy Megaman
3. We Could be in Love by Lea Salonga and Brad Kane. sung together on her 1993 album by Columbia Records Label.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=516