O Espírito do Deserto by bizkitgirlzc



Summary: Jadé lives a desert life traveling thru the Sahara. But things change when she finds Jafar's lamp. She challenges him psychologically as well as emotionally leading to a game of catechism. Will he fall for her wittyness and question his ambitions?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Jafar
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 09/09/05
Updated: 09/09/05


Index

Chapter 1: Wala Ala Baloh
Chapter 2: Habibi Anura Ayne
Chapter 3: Assinatura
Chapter 4: Laila Tiaba


Chapter 1: Wala Ala Baloh

Disclaimer: I don't own Aladdin!



ﺶ O Espírito do Deserto ﻀ



Chapter I. Wala Ala Baloh



The heat was barbaric, yet what was there to complain about? After all, it was home. Yes, the city of Agrabah, a common empire in the Middle East. Many have failed to ignore the enchanting daughter of the Sultan in this city - especially after she chose a "street rat" as her wedded husband. As ridiculous as it had sound, Princess Jasmine chose Aladdin, a man who was much more than he appeared. However, his personality was that in which defied the truth. Nevertheless, that didn't evade him from winning Princess Jasmine's heart.

But I think that is enough for the setting…

The significance within this story can be settled once the question of what was made of Jafar after his first…fall?

May I refresh the memory of some?

Jafar, who had gotten his claws on the lamp, gained three wishes and thus caused great mortal threats among the Sultan, Princess Jasmine, Aladdin, and the entirety of the city of Agrabah. Yet in the end his own ambition became his sort of curse - he was converted into a genie and was thrown long away into the desert aside with his right hand parrot, Iago.

Hence my story begins here...









The caramel colored sand was found in all the directions. The desert was a dry, crystallized version of the ocean yet the debating personages have not even bothered once to even relate the hallucinating inferno land into account.

Iago and Jafar, not surprisingly, were fighting. Iago, in his best efforts, was trying to release himself from the petite sized lamp. With a bit of Jafar's angering attacks, Iago was able to free himself. Being quite a ticked off parrot, he grabbed the lustrous black lamp and tossed it into a nearby well.

But who would've ever known that someone might have been destined to this lamp...







"Jadé!" yelled the men from the traveling caravan camel market. Yes, everyday these sacrificed men traveled thru the Sahara Desert to sell camels. But you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. It always looked like a sacrifice to do this type of marketing and believe me it was! But credit isn't always given to those who truly deserve it. Jadé, who made most of the sacrifices, fell into this category.

Jadé this, Jadé that. No, the men could never cook. Men could never clean. Men could never be the ones to fetch a pail of water to bathe. Men can't do anything without women! And then they dare to state that women are the inferior sex. Please women can do the same with or without them. These thoughts ran through Jadé's mind night and day.

She was the only woman in the group. She would usually be assaulted with overwhelming work that would put anyone in the foulest of foul moods. They were calling her but she chose to ignore.

"Jadé, don't play stupid! Go get a pail of water from the well nearby. It should be a quarter of a mile away. Remember we must bathe all by tonight for tomorrow we are to expect a busy day."

Much to her objection of walking a quarter of a mile in the middle of the Sahara, she went anyway. After all it always seemed as if men always won in reality.

One day, when I gain the sufficient amount of riches, I will run back to Féz! I will never come back for there is nothing in Agrabah or in its desert that is of importance to me. True, I am a bastard and this caravan group has given me much but I wish to go back. Back where I will be able to go to my cousin Zane who will bring me back to Madrid, where home is…

It pained her so to remember how she was forced out of her village as a child because she was bastard. No education or respect was given to those without parents. Her uncle had taken her away from her small town near Barcelona. Times were hard in Spain especially under conventional feudalism.

When her uncle and she fled from Spain, they had gone to Morocco. From there they had traveled to Egypt. It was in Egypt where her uncle passed away and she was left at age 16 alone. Well at least till she found the caravan group. They taught her all about desert life and camels.

It was true; there shouldn't be much to complain about. But why couldn't she just be free to make her own choices? She knew the answer. It was poverty that had her trapped, but she knew one day, one day, she would find happiness. It was all a matter of time...

Realizing that she reached the well, she took the wooden bucket that she had dragged with her and placed it on the pulley. She let the rope down gently until she heard a splash of water and the rope became harder to pull back up. Pulling the rope back up to fetch the pail with water, she grabbed the bucket to her self.

"Jadé fetch me a pail of water!" she imitated the men of the group and how they ordered her to do things. "Well I think I deserve some compensation for my hard labor." She smirked at her remark. "The rest of those bozos can share a bucket of water to bathe with but I'm going to treat myself to a full bath," She took the pail, dumped the refreshing substance on herself and rubbed off the dirt that was on her skin. Then, she washed her hands with the remaining water.

Placing the bucket back on the pulley and repeating her steps from earlier she once again had a pail full of water but it was different this time. A lustrous black object was at the bottom of the pail. Gently putting her hand into the cool water, she reached for the object. Displacing some water from the bucket, she took the object out. A smooth and slick black lamp rested in her hands. Caressing the lamp with her finger tips, she curiously stared at one part of the lamp. It had something written but since it was night and there were only stars out thus she couldn't see too well. Besides, there was a stain on top of the Arabic writing which made it harder to make it out. She rubbed on the area but was soon interrupted when the lamp began to shake on its own. Becoming a bit frightened and startled at the same time she dropped the lamp. Red smoke began to free itself from the tip. It surrounded her and the rest of the area. Jadé just stood in a bit shock.

Ok Jadé stay cool and firm. Calm down, this is just a hallucination. Come on girl the heat is making you see things... She told herself.

When she heard a manly diabolic laughter, she began to panic. I must be going nuts or this has to be one hell of a dream 'cause I never heard of a hallucination with audio included!

Jadé couldn't believe her eyes. A gigantic red genie was above her laughing and enjoying his freedom. But as the rules go, freedom is limited for genies. So as his intent of using his power to fullest was put down he looked down at his liberator and master.





......Cliffhanger! Don't you just hate them? Well, come on folks read and REVIEW and I'll put up the next chapter. But hurry up before I lose my inspiration!

Back to index


Chapter 2: Habibi Anura Ayne

Disclaimer: I don't own Aladdin!



ﺶ O Espírito do Deserto ﻀ

Last Time: Jadé couldn't believe her eyes. A gigantic red genie was above her laughing and enjoying his freedom. But as the rules go, freedom is limited for genies. So as his intent of using his power to fullest was put down he looked down at his liberator and master...



Chapter II. Habibi Anura Ayne





"You!" shouted the all powerful genie while lowering himself down to Jadé's level. ", shall take me back to Agrabah! - where I will plot my revenge on he who imprisoned me, he goes by the name Aladdin."

The boy's name left the genie's mouth as if it were a curse. Jadé lifted a thin brow and looked at the magnificent, well-built genie. She knew that genies were mostly myths and parts of legends but now she had a real live one about 5 feet away from her. She wanted to leave her reality at once; she had no intentions what so ever in helping him with what was none of her concern.

Too bad she was afraid to move and too in awe to say anything so she just stood there...

Sensing the fear of his master, he spoke to her more gently yet huskily. "I see you fear me, after all I don't blame you, I'm just simply too much..."

He turned into his human like form and then with eyes closed he spoke flattering himself, "You should find me less intimidating in this state for your simple mind."

"I think I find your ego more intimidating than you," muttered Jadé under her breath.

"What did you say?!" yelled the tall, dark man in a ten foot distance away from her. He opened his eyes to get a better look at his master as well as to make her pay.

But as soon as he looked at her closer up he was paralyzed. The sight before him was somewhat painful and grotesque. An unpolished young lady of green eyes, very messy tangled hair, fair complexion (with specks of dirt on her skin), dressed in the most indecent rags he had ever seen, and with a lifted eyebrow she stared back at him.

With a look of disgust he thought to himself, Allah, please do not tell me the reality outside the palace walls is not as painful as her looks. After all, seeing Princess Jasmine everyday makes harder to judge other women. Maybe if she gets cleaned up I won't be so edged to vomit...

"You woman, dare to speak to me that way?! Do you know the power I have and what I can do to YOU!"

"Look GENIE, I'd watch my mouth if I were you. Tell me who else will bring me to Agrabah if not I" she smirked while staring down the figure of the human like form of the genie. “You need me.”

She looked at him closer now and saw how handsome and mature his features were. She felt herself grow warm at her own thoughts. Then again he was a genie and well...it would seem rather physically impossible to do anything beyond admiring.



The genie resented the fact that the woman before him was right so he tried to get along with her as much as possible.

"Well my girl lets negotiate here. You may call me Jafar. I think you will like to hear my…treaty very much," said Jafar with a smirk plastered on his face.

"...My name is Jadé. Let me hear your so called deal BUT you must guarantee me that I will get my wishes as soon as possible." She accepted eyeing him suspiciously. “I do get wishes, right?”

"Yes…” He said almost spitefully as if it pained him to admit it. “You receive three wishes…however, if you agree to my offer…I can be much more rewarding.”

Jadé stared at him as if trying to figure him out. “Well, let’s hear it then.”

Smirking, Jafar began, “My offer is quite simple really. It consists of you getting me through the Palace Walls, then into the Palace itself, and well…a few other details that will be necessary in my plan. Oh and of course you will receive your wishes in addition…”

"From what is said to what is done there is much stretch." Jadé stated. “It sounds simple enough getting through the Palace walls isn’t exactly like walk through a plaza.”

Jafar felt his anger rise at being denied of what he wanted and what he needed.

“But then I suppose we could always say I’m some lost princess. What, with my wonderful looks and all.” She mocked Jafar while he began to ponder her suggest of irony.

"Exactly..."



Author's Note: Please Review guys! I appreciate the constructive criticism from Jehan's Muse and the great encouragement from Mistress of Darkness! Thanks, please keep on reviewing everyone!

Back to index


Chapter 3: Assinatura

Disclaimer: I don't own Aladdin!



ﺶ O Espírito do Deserto ﻀ

Last Time: Jadé chuckled. “Traveling among a caravan does rub off some of the business dealings. Speaking of which, before we leave to place our plan into action, I’d like to cite my farewells before we leave for the city.”



Chapter IV. Laila Tiaba



“Cite farewells?” Jafar questioned in annoyance. “There is no time for saying meaningless goodbyes! Once you get your wishes it will be probable that you will never see the likes of anyone again!”

Jadé stared curiously. “And exactly how do you know what I will be wishing for?”

With a snort Jafar answered. “Isn’t it obvious that you will wish for riches, power, luxury or something of the sort? I highly doubt your wishes will rise from that grouping.”

“I suppose you must speak from experience.” Replied Jadé smartly.

Jafar wasn’t sure how exactly she had meant that — whether he spoke from experience from past wishers or from his own personal experience. Either way it sounded...rather insulting in her tone. Far too bold for a woman…He thought quietly. “Do not try my patience or… you will find yourself in a situation that will leave much to be desired.”

“A threat? Coming from a being that is bound to my orders and consent?” She questioned somewhat irritably. “I will ignore your insolence this once but I don’t want it happening again.”

Jafar was stuck between the urge of hitting her and rolling his eyes. Eventually he merely agreed in letting her cite her “farewells”.



Jadé placed the lamp, with the genie inside, within her dress so as to not spark any suspicion among the men of the caravan. She carried the bucket with water with her two hands until the camels came into view. She ran quickly towards them.

“What took you so long?” asked one of the camel caretakers. “You should have been back ages ago!”

She rolled her eyes at the man’s exaggeration. “Yeah? Well, maybe you should start paying me overtime.”

The caravan men laughed at the small jest. “How about you marry me and then you won’t need to be paid at all.”

Laughter was now accompanied by wolfish whistles.

Jadé placed a hand on her hip. “I am sorry Kalil,” she said to her fellow co-caravan traveler, “but I do not plan into falling within the charms of an Arab…I do not like to share, if you understand what I mean.”

“Oh not this again!” exclaimed Kalil knowing where Jadé was going with her little innuendo. “Even if I were to take another wife Jadé, you would have first dibs on everything.”

“I think it perfectly revolting to have to share such affections with another or worst, others!”

“Allah! You make us sound so disgraceful, like the ultimate sinners in front of our god!” One man said leaning against the caravan tent.

She frowned at the statement and answered, “The men in Spain do not take more than one wife.”

“Ah, yes,” Kalil continued. “your Spanish men do not take more than one wife but they take mistresses instead.”

Jadé found herself opening her mouth as if to speak but then closed it shut not knowing how to argue.

“And the French!” agreed one man with Kalil.

“And the English as well!” said another.

“Yes, it would seem as if your white European men, aside from being infidels, are hypocrites as well. They preach and moralize much against adultery in the name of their god and yet they do not hesitate in falling for the forbidden when tempted.” Kalil lectured with a smug look upon his face.

This time Jadé found her voice. “Yes well, while that may be true, the point is that a man should not have to take more than one partner to share such affections. Besides, I did not come back to speak of this for I have something to say.”

He looked at her with a gaze of irrational confusion and completely ignored her last sentence. “And why not? If a man has a supporting economy and heart large enough to share among his wives, why should he be denied to love them?”

“Because it will rise jealousy among them not matter how much you equalize your love and attention for each one, it will eventually lead complications. Well, that’s if they love you so.” She answered with much indignity. “And it is now I who question you, if a woman were to have such an agreeable economy and love to share, why should she be neglected to do so?”

“La! A woman could not possibly have such a financial state on her own and her heart would be too vulnerable to equally give her warmth. Why, look at yourself! I do not see you with such economy on your own to even maintain one partner and as for your heart…well it is evident that it is led too strongly upon impulse.” The voice had come from a man sitting next to the one leaning on the tent.

Jadé was about to give her a good piece of her mind, when she was interrupted.

“That is quite enough!” Said an elder yet firm voice who’s face now smiled at her. “Pay no heed to them, child - especially to Kalil who is only angered because he has been rejected by you…again.”

Kalil scowled at this crossly.

“Now Jadé, tell us what you have come to say.” The elder man had gently placed his hands on her shoulders with smiling eyes.

“Abbott-Gamal, I have come to tell you all,” she said this glaring at Kalil, “that I will be leaving.”

“Aren’t you a genius, of course you will be leaving, along with caravan to the next stop!” This had come from the ‘leaning’ man.

Laughter erupted almost immediately among the caravan except for Abbott-Gamal.

“Silence!” He hissed at the immature men. He turned back to Jadé. “What is this about leaving? What is your meaning? You have nowhere to go, Jadé!”

“She hit the jackpot!” Now it was the ‘sitting’ man who spoke-out. The result was a caravan in quiet chuckles.

Jadé answered with sharp wit immediately. “The only interaction with gambling that I have ever had is that of watching you two placing bets on silly future outcomes!”

‘Leaning’ and ‘sitting’ man were both silenced in shame. Abbott-Gamal was not pleased with what he had heard — “Gambling? But by Allah! I will have a talk with you two later.” Once again turning to Jadé he urged her to continue.

“Well…I have been made an offer of…ascending promise…and I have been meaning to tell you for sometime…” Jadé felt herself grow nervous at lying to the leader of the caravan.

“La, she lies! She could not have been possibly made an offer of any kind. When? Where?” Kalil was the one who now argued her case.

“Of what nature is this offer, if I may ask?” Questioned Abbott-Gamal ignoring the outburst.

Jadé let on as much as solely necessary. “It is of a decent nature, I assure you Abbott, but I cannot tell you of its precisions, only that it is in Agrabah. I fear it to be better that way.”

“Well if that is how it should be I will entrust in your judgment, my child. I wish you good luck then Jadé.”

The caravan now grew into an uproar. “La, la, LA! She cannot leave us!”

“Who will wash our clothes?”

“-cook our dinners?”

“-tell us stories of the white men?”

“-who shall we tease and make fun of?!”

The complaints against came in piles, not wanting her to leave the caravan.

“Jadé cannot leave!” Yelled Kalil in pure rage at hearing the news. “Her duty is to us!”

Many voices agreed with Kalil.

Abbott-Gamal grinned a knowing grin that the men evidently, with all their teasing and insults towards Jadé, they held her in high regard as some sort of possession for their abuse alone. “Jadé belongs neither to us nor anyone else but herself. If she believes she has more opportunities elsewhere we are none to keep her away.”

‘Leaning’ man did not like that explanation at all. “Curse your Spanish origin, Jadé! If you were one of us, you would have been ours to oblige.”

“Spanish origin or not, Jadé is nothing of ours to control or dictate…she is free to her own choices.” The elderly leader of the caravan wisely explained this to the men.

“But she is our female!” ‘Sitting’ man pressed on.

The old man laughed softly and told them that as flattering as it was for Jadé to hear such denial of her leaving them, she was to decide her life on her own. “Besides, it is time you boys learned how to take care of yourselves without a women to baby you all!”

For the first time almost utter silence could be head through the caravan save for a few mumbles here and there.

It was settled and Jadé found herself almost feeling sentimental about the whole the circumstances of leaving the family she had grown fond of. She hugged and kissed them all on the cheek in goodbye, ignoring their protests of how inappropriate it was. And as for Abbott-Gamal, he embraced her in a fatherly departure and did not let her leave without some money and food for the trip to Agrabah.

Of course Abbott-Gamal did not let her leave without a faithful camel to ride her to the city. “This is one of our best and I will need him afterwards,” he explained, “however you can use him till you get to Agrabah and from there you can give him to a friend of mine at Agrabah’s caravan stop. We will pick him up once we roam to the city again.”

Moreover so was their departure in which Jadé rode into the opposite direction towards Agrabah and the caravan roamed towards the other. But even so Kalil looked over his shoulder ever so often stealing a glance at her riding into the desert night.

All the while, an impatient genie confined in his lamp began to be angered by the warmth of a certain body.

A/N: Ok, I see a whole lot of hits but no reviews. I guess some of you must be reading so I guess I should continue, right?

Back to index


Chapter 4: Laila Tiaba

Disclaimer: I don't own Aladdin!



ﺶ O Espírito do Deserto ﻀ

Last Time: Jadé chuckled. “Traveling among a caravan does rub off some of the business dealings. Speaking of which, before we leave to place our plan into action, I’d like to cite my farewells before we leave for the city.”



Chapter IV. Laila Tiaba



“Cite farewells?” Jafar questioned in annoyance. “There is no time for saying meaningless goodbyes! Once you get your wishes it will be probable that you will never see the likes of anyone again!”

Jadé stared curiously. “And exactly how do you know what I will be wishing for?”

With a snort Jafar answered. “Isn’t it obvious that you will wish for riches, power, luxury or something of the sort? I highly doubt your wishes will rise from that grouping.”

“I suppose you must speak from experience.” Replied Jadé smartly.

Jafar wasn’t sure how exactly she had meant that — whether he spoke from experience from past wishers or from his own personal experience. Either way it sounded...rather insulting in her tone. Far too bold for a woman…He thought quietly. “Do not try my patience or… you will find yourself in a situation that will leave much to be desired.”

“A threat? Coming from a being that is bound to my orders and consent?” She questioned somewhat irritably. “I will ignore your insolence this once but I don’t want it happening again.”

Jafar was stuck between the urge of hitting her and rolling his eyes. Eventually he merely agreed in letting her cite her “farewells”.



Jadé placed the lamp, with the genie inside, within her dress so as to not spark any suspicion among the men of the caravan. She carried the bucket with water with her two hands until the camels came into view. She ran quickly towards them.

“What took you so long?” asked one of the camel caretakers. “You should have been back ages ago!”

She rolled her eyes at the man’s exaggeration. “Yeah? Well, maybe you should start paying me overtime.”

The caravan men laughed at the small jest. “How about you marry me and then you won’t need to be paid at all.”

Laughter was now accompanied by wolfish whistles.

Jadé placed a hand on her hip. “I am sorry Kalil,” she said to her fellow co-caravan traveler, “but I do not plan into falling within the charms of an Arab…I do not like to share, if you understand what I mean.”

“Oh not this again!” exclaimed Kalil knowing where Jadé was going with her little innuendo. “Even if I were to take another wife Jadé, you would have first dibs on everything.”

“I think it perfectly revolting to have to share such affections with another or worst, others!”

“Allah! You make us sound so disgraceful, like the ultimate sinners in front of our god!” One man said leaning against the caravan tent.

She frowned at the statement and answered, “The men in Spain do not take more than one wife.”

“Ah, yes,” Kalil continued. “your Spanish men do not take more than one wife but they take mistresses instead.”

Jadé found herself opening her mouth as if to speak but then closed it shut not knowing how to argue.

“And the French!” agreed one man with Kalil.

“And the English as well!” said another.

“Yes, it would seem as if your white European men, aside from being infidels, are hypocrites as well. They preach and moralize much against adultery in the name of their god and yet they do not hesitate in falling for the forbidden when tempted.” Kalil lectured with a smug look upon his face.

This time Jadé found her voice. “Yes well, while that may be true, the point is that a man should not have to take more than one partner to share such affections. Besides, I did not come back to speak of this for I have something to say.”

He looked at her with a gaze of irrational confusion and completely ignored her last sentence. “And why not? If a man has a supporting economy and heart large enough to share among his wives, why should he be denied to love them?”

“Because it will rise jealousy among them not matter how much you equalize your love and attention for each one, it will eventually lead complications. Well, that’s if they love you so.” She answered with much indignity. “And it is now I who question you, if a woman were to have such an agreeable economy and love to share, why should she be neglected to do so?”

“La! A woman could not possibly have such a financial state on her own and her heart would be too vulnerable to equally give her warmth. Why, look at yourself! I do not see you with such economy on your own to even maintain one partner and as for your heart…well it is evident that it is led too strongly upon impulse.” The voice had come from a man sitting next to the one leaning on the tent.

Jadé was about to give her a good piece of her mind, when she was interrupted.

“That is quite enough!” Said an elder yet firm voice who’s face now smiled at her. “Pay no heed to them, child - especially to Kalil who is only angered because he has been rejected by you…again.”

Kalil scowled at this crossly.

“Now Jadé, tell us what you have come to say.” The elder man had gently placed his hands on her shoulders with smiling eyes.

“Abbott-Gamal, I have come to tell you all,” she said this glaring at Kalil, “that I will be leaving.”

“Aren’t you a genius, of course you will be leaving, along with caravan to the next stop!” This had come from the ‘leaning’ man.

Laughter erupted almost immediately among the caravan except for Abbott-Gamal.

“Silence!” He hissed at the immature men. He turned back to Jadé. “What is this about leaving? What is your meaning? You have nowhere to go, Jadé!”

“She hit the jackpot!” Now it was the ‘sitting’ man who spoke-out. The result was a caravan in quiet chuckles.

Jadé answered with sharp wit immediately. “The only interaction with gambling that I have ever had is that of watching you two placing bets on silly future outcomes!”

‘Leaning’ and ‘sitting’ man were both silenced in shame. Abbott-Gamal was not pleased with what he had heard — “Gambling? But by Allah! I will have a talk with you two later.” Once again turning to Jadé he urged her to continue.

“Well…I have been made an offer of…ascending promise…and I have been meaning to tell you for sometime…” Jadé felt herself grow nervous at lying to the leader of the caravan.

“La, she lies! She could not have been possibly made an offer of any kind. When? Where?” Kalil was the one who now argued her case.

“Of what nature is this offer, if I may ask?” Questioned Abbott-Gamal ignoring the outburst.

Jadé let on as much as solely necessary. “It is of a decent nature, I assure you Abbott, but I cannot tell you of its precisions, only that it is in Agrabah. I fear it to be better that way.”

“Well if that is how it should be I will entrust in your judgment, my child. I wish you good luck then Jadé.”

The caravan now grew into an uproar. “La, la, LA! She cannot leave us!”

“Who will wash our clothes?”

“-cook our dinners?”

“-tell us stories of the white men?”

“-who shall we tease and make fun of?!”

The complaints against came in piles, not wanting her to leave the caravan.

“Jadé cannot leave!” Yelled Kalil in pure rage at hearing the news. “Her duty is to us!”

Many voices agreed with Kalil.

Abbott-Gamal grinned a knowing grin that the men evidently, with all their teasing and insults towards Jadé, they held her in high regard as some sort of possession for their abuse alone. “Jadé belongs neither to us nor anyone else but herself. If she believes she has more opportunities elsewhere we are none to keep her away.”

‘Leaning’ man did not like that explanation at all. “Curse your Spanish origin, Jadé! If you were one of us, you would have been ours to oblige.”

“Spanish origin or not, Jadé is nothing of ours to control or dictate…she is free to her own choices.” The elderly leader of the caravan wisely explained this to the men.

“But she is our female!” ‘Sitting’ man pressed on.

The old man laughed softly and told them that as flattering as it was for Jadé to hear such denial of her leaving them, she was to decide her life on her own. “Besides, it is time you boys learned how to take care of yourselves without a women to baby you all!”

For the first time almost utter silence could be head through the caravan save for a few mumbles here and there.

It was settled and Jadé found herself almost feeling sentimental about the whole the circumstances of leaving the family she had grown fond of. She hugged and kissed them all on the cheek in goodbye, ignoring their protests of how inappropriate it was. And as for Abbott-Gamal, he embraced her in a fatherly departure and did not let her leave without some money and food for the trip to Agrabah.

Of course Abbott-Gamal did not let her leave without a faithful camel to ride her to the city. “This is one of our best and I will need him afterwards,” he explained, “however you can use him till you get to Agrabah and from there you can give him to a friend of mine at Agrabah’s caravan stop. We will pick him up once we roam to the city again.”

Moreover so was their departure in which Jadé rode into the opposite direction towards Agrabah and the caravan roamed towards the other. But even so Kalil looked over his shoulder ever so often stealing a glance at her riding into the desert night.

All the while, an impatient genie confined in his lamp began to be angered by the warmth of a certain body.

A/N: Ok, I see a whole lot of hits but no reviews. I guess some of you must be reading so I guess I should continue, right?

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=687