Destiny of Two Souls (Sequel to The Test of True Love) by Soohe



Summary: This time Aladdin and Jasmine are taken on another adventure, one that will surely reveal what evil Mozenrath has in store for them...along with a few surprises along the way. And the introduction of a new villian that may be even more evil than Mozenrath...


Is there love strong enough for one more test?



*Sequel to The Test of True Love
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Mozenrath, Original Characters, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/07/06
Updated: 07/11/06


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Losing You
Chapter 2: Chapter 2: A New Arrival
Chapter 3: Chapter 3: A Mysterious Meeting
Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Appearances Aren’t What They Seem
Chapter 5: Chapter 5: Impossible
Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Illusion
Chapter 7: Chapter 7: A Love Never Gone
Chapter 8: Chapter 8: Love's Spell
Chapter 9: Chapter 9: New Encounters
Chapter 10: Chapter 10: A New Home
Chapter 11: Chapter 11: Missing Memories
Chapter 12: Chapter 12: Firenstan
Chapter 13: Chapter 13: Uncertainty
Chapter 14: Chapter 14: Old Friends
Chapter 15: Chapter 15: Interests
Chapter 16: Chapter 16: Excuses
Chapter 17: Chapter 17: Falling
Chapter 18: Chapter 18: Discovery
Chapter 19: Chapter 19: Inescapable
Chapter 20: Chapter 20: A Ray of Hope
Chapter 21: Chapter 21: A New Rule
Chapter 22: Chapter 22: A Change in Plans
Chapter 23: Chapter 23: Powers
Chapter 24: Chapter 24: Perfection
Chapter 25: Chapter 25: Truth
Chapter 26: Chapter 26: We've Met Before
Chapter 27: Chapter 27: Choices
Chapter 28: Chapter 28: Prisoners
Chapter 29: Chapter 29: No Time for Fear
Chapter 30: Chapter 30: Breaking Free


Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Losing You

Author's Notes: This is a sequel to my first story, The Test of True Love. If you haven’t read it, I suggest reading it before this one; otherwise there may be a lot that doesn’t make sense. Anyways, I only hope this story will be grander and better than my first. Enjoy :)

Disclaimer: i don't own Aladdin, Jasmine, Mozenrath, or the sultan, they are characters of disney.


oh yeah i have to give credit to Storywriter92 for some great ideas :) that may appear in the story...


Chapter One: Losing You



Jasmine looked over her balcony and sighed. All her emotions were bottled up inside her and she only wished to let them go, somehow to ease the pain she was suffering. It came over her like a wave, washing her with despair when she thought she could move on…


“…..when I’m through with you and your pathetic friends, you will have given me everything...”



Mozenrath’s voice sang over and over, Jasmine couldn’t keep his words from entering her mind. Everywhere she turned she remembered something horrible from that night…


Jasmine stared out into the darkening sky a tear cascading down her face. She wiped it away carelessly, angry at herself for being so weak.


He HAD taken everything from her, and left her with a pain that was beyond comprehension. She wanted to forget.



His touch, his harsh kisses…his stare that instantly filled her with fear…


She closed her eyes…willing the pain away…


………………………………………………………………………………………………

Aladdin looked quietly into the night…wondering what destiny lay ahead…after all his battles with evil, this had to be the hardest.

The image of Jasmine’s face appeared in his heart and he felt his soul once again fill with hope. He could survive anything while she was by his side. She didn’t really know the strength that she gave him.


But since she had been freed from Mozenrath, a drastic change had taken form in her. Every time Aladdin went to put an arm around her shoulder or kiss her on the cheek, she shuddered and pulled away. Then she would smile and pretend that nothing had happened.


“She just needs time,” Aladdin kept telling himself. But he hated the idea of just leaving Jasmine to fight this battle. After all he was here for her, for anything.


“Didn’t she understand that?”



Nothing could destroy their love he knew…but he could feel Jasmine drifting farther and farther from him…and this time he didn’t know how to save her…

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2: A New Arrival

Author's Notes: ~things are about to get a little more complicated :)



Chapter Two: A New Arrival


The sun rose over the city, casting arrays of golds and reds across the morning sky, washing away the darkened night.


As usual the city sprang to life with the start of a new day. Vendors displayed their products and the smell of fresh fruit, spices and bread made its way through the streets.


A stranger passed by unnoticed by the people of Agrabah to the palace gates. Her face was covered with a light, black cloak, leaving only her eyes to see. A startling blue color, they would have caught anyone’s attention if they had been watching. The guards nodded slightly at her appearance, letting her pass without any trouble.



As she made her way across the pathway to the palace she stopped in the gardens, admiring the flowers spring had brought. A single red rose caught her eye in particular and as she bent down to smell its perfume, a voice surprised her.




“What brings you to Agrabah?” A man asked, curiosity in his tone. The woman looked up and smiled at the familiar voice.



“Just admiring the beauty,” was her only reply.


“It’s good to see you Jade,” Aladdin replied, giving her an easy smile. Jade smiled back and stood up to greet him properly.

“Same here.” She looked beyond him. “Where’s Jasmine?” she asked inquisitively, her eyebrows raised.


Aladdin looked uncomfortable for a moment before replying. “She’s still resting…,” his voice drifted off. He looked lost in his own thoughts for a second.


“Well,” Jade replied, interrupting his thoughts. “You can’t fool me, what’s up?” She looked at Aladdin, and he could tell that she really cared.


Aladdin sighed as he explained to Jade, unable to hide his anxiety and worry for Jasmine. Jade listened quietly and waited a minute to speak when he had finished.


“Just give her some time, you’ll have your princess back in no time,” she said. Aladdin looked at her, and couldn’t help but sense something else in Jade’s voice besides sympathy. He shook his head, as if to clear his thoughts.


Jade lightly put a hand on his shoulder and said. “I’m sure everything will work out.” She joined him, and they both walked back to the palace. Aladdin, still worried hadn’t noticed the look Jade had given him as he talked more of Jasmine.


Behind her polite and considerate gaze, resentment quietly simmered. She smiled secretly to herself, knowing that soon her plan would unravel before them. It was just a matter of time…




Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3: A Mysterious Meeting

Author's Notes: the chapter's shorter than i planned, but as always it won't take long for the next one!


tell me what you think :)


Chapter Three: A Mysterious Meeting


“So you know what to do?” a stranger asked from a dark alley, his voice low and mysterious. He was cloaked in a robe of black and silver, his face partially covered.



A woman answered, her voice confident. “Yes. After I’ve convinced him that the princess has died, he will be at his weakest. That’s when you come in.”
The woman shifted her gaze and lowered her voice slightly.


“But why take the princess?”


The man let out a low and malevolent laugh. “I have my reasons,” was his only reply.


The woman smirked at his response. “I’m sure you do.” She looked down the alley, making sure no one was near enough to hear them.


“My father knows nothing of this plan, I’d like to keep it that way,” she said, a harshness to her voice that told the man she meant business.


The man smiled. “Of course. This meeting never happened.” And with that he disappeared into the night. The woman was left alone, her deep blue eyes darkened with hatred.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




“I’m fine Aladdin,” Jasmine said, clearly losing patience. Her eyes were darker than usual and her tone was sharp with resentment. Aladdin looked taken back, as if she had slapped him.


“I didn’t mean that…” he started, but stopped when Jasmine had stormed out of the room without another word.


“Problems with the princess, Aladdin?” Aladdin turned towards the voice. Jade stood a few feet away, a small smile on her face. He nodded and looked towards the direction Jasmine had left.


“I’m trying to reach out to her, but she keeps pulling away,” he said, worry written on his face.


“I just don’t know what to do anymore.”


Jade put her arm around his shoulder and said comforting, “She’ll come around I’m sure. Just be patient.” Aladdin agreed, but something other than the change in Jasmine’s attitude was bothering him. She wasn’t herself.


Jade silently noticed the concern still in his eyes and said, “It’s only a matter of time, you’ll see.”



Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Appearances Aren’t What They Seem

Author's Notes: comments/questions? let me know :)


Chapter Four: Appearances Aren’t What They Seem


Jasmine sat on her bed, wrapped up in her thoughts when a knock at her door disturbed her.


“Come in,” she replied, not even looking up to see who it was. Jade strolled into her room, carefully closing the door behind her. Without catching the attention of the princess she waved her hand over the lock, sealing both of them inside.


Jade approached Jasmine, wearing a mysterious smile. Jasmine looked up and met her stare.


“Oh hey Jade, I thought you were Aladdin,” she said. Jade’s smile immediately disappeared and was replaced with a frown. Her eyes settled on the picture Jasmine kept of Aladdin on her vanity.


Jade picked up the picture and replied, “You must be so lucky to have each other,” she said, not looking at Jasmine. Jasmine looked baffled for a moment by Jade’s less than pleasant tone. Jade set the picture down and turned towards Jasmine, her eyes challenging the princess.



“I know,” Jasmine replied, an edge to her voice.


She didn’t know what it was, but Jasmine didn’t like Jade, despite the fact that she had saved her; there was something Jade was hiding from her.


“I wonder what would happen if he fell in love with another girl, one perhaps more fit for him?” Jade questioned Jasmine. Jasmine stood back shocked at Jade’s comment. She quickly became angry.


“How dare you!” she retorted, getting up and facing Jade. “If you think for one minute…”


Jade interrupted her. “No princess, I believe its you who should think.” And before Jasmine could react, Jade had shocked her with a violet light with a simple twist of her wrist. Jasmine instantly slumped towards the ground, unconscious. Jade stood over her, a smile across her face.


“I always get what I want.”

Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5: Impossible

Author's Notes: i won't say what's to come- but only that
not everything is exactly what it appears to be...



Chapter Five: Impossible


Aladdin was about to see how Jasmine was doing when he heard a girl’s scream echo through the hallways. He hurried to see where it was coming from.


Jade came running down the hall, her face white with fear. She saw Aladdin and immediately grabbed his arm.

“Aladdin, it’s Jasmine. I found her…” Aladdin ran with Jade to Jasmine’s room, without letting her finish.


When he got there, he felt his heart stop. Jasmine was lying on the floor, blood everywhere and a knife in her hand. Aladdin rushed over, not willing to believe his own eyes.


“Jasmine!” he yelled. He took her arms in his and held her. Jade came over to his side and picked something from the floor. He wouldn’t believe that she was gone…


“It’s a letter.” Jade whispered, showing it to him.


It read:

Aladdin,

I can’t bear to live anymore. This is the only way I can be free from my pain, please
Understand.

I will always love you,
Jasmine





Aladdin read it and then let the letter fall to the floor, his eyes beginning to tear.


“It can’t be,” he whispered, afraid. Jade put an arm around him.


“But it is, the princess is gone.”

Back to index


Chapter 6: Chapter 6: Illusion

Author's Notes: i think my chapters are getting shorter and shorter. lol
well i do have tons of free time on my hands, and writing is the only thing i can really do so...yes the updates will be very fast :) hopefully a good thing



Chapter Six: Illusion


A few moments later….


Jade made her way to the palace dungeons alone, carefully making sure that she wasn’t being followed. She made it way to a specific cell and stopped.


“How are you princess?” she asked, a devious smile on her face as she pulled back her cloak.


Jasmine glared back at her through hate-filled eyes. Jade just laughed. She came closer, so that Jasmine could see the true malice behind her eyes in the moonlight.


“Your poor boyfriend thinks you have taken your life. You should have seen his face,” Jade teased her.


Jasmine’s hands shook in anger at her side. “How could you? You’re nothing but a pathetic…” Jade cut her off.


“I have no time for your antics, princess. Besides you won’t be here for long,” she added mysteriously, turning slightly away, as if she were leaving.


“What do you mean?” Jasmine asked her.


Jade smiled, her eyes shining with pure venom.


“You’ll find out soon enough,” was all she said, leaving the dungeon, letting an unmistakable silence fill the air as Jasmine fought to understand to meaning of her words.


Back to index


Chapter 7: Chapter 7: A Love Never Gone

Author's Notes: so? what do you think of the story so far? i'm curious to know :)


Chapter Seven: A Love Never Gone


Aladdin stood over the balcony, his face uncaring as he stared out into the starlit night.
His heart felt heavy, as his thoughts once again fled to Jasmine. He missed her more than ever, still believing that somehow, she really wasn’t gone from him. A tear fell from his eyes and he didn’t bother to brush it away.


“You really should get some sleep,” came a voice. Aladdin turned and saw Jade appear, walking towards him, a glass in her hand.

“Here,” she said giving the glass to him. “It will help you get some sleep.” Aladdin took the glass, but instead of drinking from it, he set it on the balcony wall.


“This isn’t real,” he said, looking away from Jade. He sighed, as if to release his pain.


“Aladdin you can’t blame yourself,” Jade said, trying to make him feel better. “It was her own choice.”


Aladdin turned to look Jade straight in the face. “She would never do something like this,” he said, his voice hardened.


Jade took his hand and put the glass in it. “Get some sleep, it will help I promise,” she said as she turned to leave him. Aladdin watched her for a second and turned his attention back to the glass she had given him.


“Oh what could it hurt?” he thought as he drank from it. The liquid was cool and instantly made him feel relaxed. Jade smiled as she watched him, a knowing smile on her face.


“Soon Aladdin, you won’t even remember your princess,” she said to herself. She quietly left him and made her way back towards her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midnight:



“Is everything ready?” said a voice, his impatience apparent as he spoke.


“Of course. Aladdin won’t even know what hit him,” replied a second voice.


“And the princess?”


The woman smiled in response. “In the palace dungeons, as promised.” The man smiled at these words, clearly pleased.


“Perfect,” he replied.

Back to index


Chapter 8: Chapter 8: Love's Spell

Author's Notes: mmm...i'm wondering what else i could possibly throw in this to make it a bit more interesting...


Chapter Eight: Love’s Spell


Jasmine paced the floor of her prison, unable to rest or stop thinking about Jade’s last words.


“You look troubled princess,” A voice came from the darkness. Jasmine looked up startled and met Jade’s leering face.


“What do you want?” she snapped furiously. She was tired of Jade and only wanted to get to the bottom of things.


“Oh I’m hurt princess, truly.” Jade responded sarcastically, clearly enjoying this.


“I just wanted to say good-bye, princess. And that Aladdin will be fine with you gone, I’ll make sure of it,” Jade said softly.


“He will always love me,” Jasmine retorted, unafraid by Jade’s words. Jade merely smiled.


“But princess, in a couple of days he won’t even remember you,” she said.


Jade came within inches of Jasmine’s face, her eyes narrowed with contentment.


“You’ll be nothing to him, it will be as if you never met.”


Jasmine looked away at her words, unable to think of what to say. Jade smiled at the princess’ silence.


“Oh don’t be sad,” Jade’s smile grew. “Mozenrath has promised me that you’ll be in good hands…”

Back to index


Chapter 9: Chapter 9: New Encounters

Author's Notes: a new character~ yes. one perhaps more dangerous than Mozenrath? i guess you'll have to see :)


Chapter Nine: New Encounters

Suddenly the two were interrupted by a third party, one that was most unexpected.
Jade smiled, though, as if she knew the stranger would come tonight. “So nice to have finally met you,” her voice was pleasant, almost kind. A man appeared from the shadows and briefly acknowledged them both.


“Mozenrath sent me to get the princess,” was his only reply.


Jasmine looked at the stranger for a moment, wondering who he was. His eyes were red, like fire, and they burned with an intensity that was instantly recognizable. They were shadowed slightly by his dark hair that fell into them and his smile was quick and deadly. He was someone not to be messed with, and he was giving Jasmine a smile that somewhat unnerved her.


“You must be it,” he said, looking straight at Jasmine. His lips formed a lethal smile that sent shivers up her spine.


“I’m Ruini,” he said, holding out his hand towards her. Jasmine just stared at him, without moving to take his hand. Her eyes burned with anger. Ruini’s laugh echoed through the dungeon, leaving behind a deadly silence.


“He said you were a feisty one. But I can tell you’re a fighter as well,” his words came smoothly. He glanced over her once more.


“And beautiful as well, no wonder he wants you for himself.” His words cut into Jasmine, and she replied, with resentment in her voice.


“And what are you, his devoted servant?” Ruini’s eyes showed his amusement at her comment.


“Oh I’m much more. But you’ll learn soon enough.” He turned towards Jade.


“Everything’s in order then?”


Jade nodded and replied. “Everything is according to the plan.”


Ruini looked pleased at this and he turned once back towards Jasmine. “Then I guess we better get going.” Jasmine looked back at him, unwilling to understand what he meant~ the last thing she wanted was to go back to the man who she hated beyond belief.


“Where?” she asked.


Ruini tilted his head back slightly, as if he were thinking of what to say. His red eyes challenged hers.


“A place you will soon know to be your home,” he replied.

Back to index


Chapter 10: Chapter 10: A New Home

Author's Notes: another chapter? yes- and let me tell you more surprises are on the way.


Chapter 10: A New Home


“What is this place?” Jasmine asked curiously. Ruini materialized beside her, looking around. They were in a castle, bigger than Jasmine had ever seen. The floors and ceilings were a deep majestic crimson and black marble, and torches were lit around the room casting an eerie glow.


“Home,” was all he said, giving Jasmine a quick dangerous smile. She glanced around once more. This clearly wasn’t Mozenrath’s castle in the Land of the Black Sand.


“I’ll show you to your room,” Ruini said, taking Jasmine’s hand. She let him lead her down a hallway decorated with ancient carving in gold. Ruini came to a stop at one of the doors and pulled out a key from his cloak.


He unlocked the door and opened it, showing the princess inside. Jasmine almost gasped when she entered the room. The room was in a word- beautiful. The canopy bed was covered with a red silk comforter, and the pillows were in golden thread. A vanity, much like Jasmine’s home stood against the wall underneath a mirror outlined in black marble. The walls were painted darkly with hints of subtle gold and red.


“I hope it suits your tastes princess,” Ruini’s voice came, upsetting Jasmine from her thoughts.


She turned and met Ruini’s passionate stare. His eyes flashed with fatal precision, “Sleep well, Jasmine.” Then he left her alone in the room. She sat down on the bed, her mind spinning with uncertainty.


“But why here?” she thought. “There had to be a reason why Mozenrath wasn’t in his own home.” But for the life of her she didn’t know what he was planning…

Back to index


Chapter 11: Chapter 11: Missing Memories

Author's Notes: thanks for all of your great reviews!


they have really helped me :)


Chapter Eleven: Missing Memories



“How are this morning Aladdin?” Jade asked running into him on her way to breakfast. Aladdin shook his head, as if trying to clear his mind. It was evident that he hadn’t had much sleep last night.


“Fine,” he said, with a slightly confused look across his face. He certainly didn’t feel like himself this morning.


“Well, I guess I better make sure you get something to eat.” Jade said, leading Aladdin to the dining room.


While they sat together Aladdin kept looking off into the distance, as if something were distracting him.


“Thinking about Jasmine?” Jade asked slyly. Aladdin hesitated a moment.


“…Jasmine?” his voice drifted off. He looked at Jade, mystification shining in his eyes.



“Who’s Jasmine?”


Jade smiled at his confusion, her spell was working faster than she had anticipated. Already memory of the princess had been taken from him; soon he wouldn’t even remember his life before he had met Jade. She smiled thinking of this.


“Oh no one important,” was her reply as she looked once more at Aladdin.


“No one you should know.”

Back to index


Chapter 12: Chapter 12: Firenstan

Author's Notes: Enjoy :)


Chapter 12: Firenstan

Jasmine awakened after a sleepless night, her mind still spinning with why she was here. All night, she seemed to be trying to think of a way to escape her prison, but the walls surrounded every inch of the room, no windows meant no way out.


“This is getting ridiculous!” she shouted at no one in frustration.


“What is getting ridiculous?” a voice asked.


Jasmine looked up, half expecting to meet Mozenrath’s mocking stare. Instead her gaze met that of Ruini.



“What do you want?” She snapped at his arrival, she was getting really tired of people just showing up like this.


Ruini shrugged his shoulders as if he simply had nothing better to do.


“Just making sure you’re alright princess,” was his reply. He winked devilishly at her and leaned offhandedly against the wall, his eyes burning with their usual fervor.


“Why am I here?” she asked, skipping straight to the point. She was actually glad that it wasn’t Mozenrath talking her at the moment.


Ruini just smiled in response to her outburst, clearly not wanting to give her any more information that she had already come upon.


“Oh I wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise,” he said playfully. Jasmine’s glare just narrowed as her impatience was slowing escaping her.


“Who the hell are you?” she asked, her temper flaring, she was fed up with being treated like some sort of prize-to which any man could win.


Ruini wasn’t angry however with her question, he merely looked amused. “Ruini, sorcerer of Firenstan, at your service,” he introduced as he bowed mockingly. Jasmine just scoffed.


“And Mozenrath has you doing his bidding?” she asked cynically.


Ruini smiled. “Oh princess you’ve got me all wrong,” he said, sighing as if thoroughly disappointed.


“I’m much more powerful than you think I am. Ten times as powerful as your dear Mozenrath- but I’ve already said too much,” and before Jasmine could respond, Ruini had disappeared.


Back to index


Chapter 13: Chapter 13: Uncertainty

Author's Notes: suggestions? comments? as always let me know what ya think


Chapter 13: Uncertainty


“More powerful than Mozenrath?” Jasmine thought. That could only mean that he was just as dangerous, maybe even more so... Jasmine sighed, her encounter with Ruini did little to help her nerves, if anything she was more confused than ever.


“And where the hell was Mozenrath?” Jasmine wondered, not that she wanted anything to do with him, but the fact that he hadn’t shown up yet was a little more than uncomforting.


Jasmine knew it wouldn’t do much good thinking about it, she would find out soon enough what was going on. She went over to the dresser and opened it, wanting to change from the clothes she had slept in the night before. Unsurprisingly, several dozen outfits were hung up, all of then quite revealing and dark. She picked a reddish, black outfit that fit her and went over to the vanity.


She was surprised at the subtle change in her appearance. The shade of the outfit made her appearance much more mysterious, her eyes were darker somehow, more shrewd.
As she brushed her hair, she realized that her crown was missing. She looked everywhere for it, and came up with nothing. Ruini must have taken it.

She finished putting her hair back into a high ponytail when there was a knock at the door. Jasmine went to answer it.


“I just thought you were hungry,” Ruini stated. His eyes took in her new look and a smile slowly formed on his face.


“I like the new look princess, it suites you much better,” he added. Jasmine just frowned at his comment, but as much as she hated to admit it, she was starving.


She followed him towards the dining area, without speaking another word. Every now and then she could feel his eyes drift over to look at her, and every time a tiny shiver ran up her spine. They finally reached the dining area and Jasmine couldn’t hide her shock at the food placed before them.


She had lived in a palace all her life, and was used to the lavish meals and lifestyle of being a princess. Every type of food imaginable was laid out, eggs, croissants, bacon, fruit of every kind…


“Is it enough?” Ruini seemed to ask her jokingly. The princess said nothing but sat down, she hesitate before eating though, looking suspicious.


Ruini took a seat beside her, “it’s fine,” he said in response to her hesitation. As if to prove a point he took a bite of an apple in front of them.


“See?” he said, swallowing. Jasmine nodded and began to eat, but still couldn’t put aside her growing fear.


There had to be a reason Mozenrath wanted her here…and treating her like this only added to her uncertainties.


She knew she had to be on guard at all times. And Ruini…he was perhaps even more dangerous than he let on to be. Despite his good-natured attitude and humor, she could tell something else was hidden behind his appearance.



She knew she had to be careful…

Back to index


Chapter 14: Chapter 14: Old Friends

Author's Notes: yes things are about to get interesting...but i won't give it away just yet.


Chapter Fourteen: Old Friends

“Aw…come on Aladdin. You’ve been moping all day- you need to get out of the palace,” Jade said mischievously, taking his hand in hers. Aladdin smiled as he followed Jade to the market place.


As they strolled hand in hand down the alley, Aladdin couldn’t help feeling the weight that had been hanging over him lift. Being with Jade made him feel happy, he supposed, but still, something felt missing and he didn’t know what.


Jade stopped at a flower shop, carefully smelling the flowers. Aladdin didn’t pay attention, until a particular scent caught his interest.


He picked up the flower, it was jasmine, but the scent was so familiar. He held it to his nose, its scent was sweet and mystifying. It reminded him of something.



A second later Jade pulled him away to another shop, but he knew that it meant something…what he hadn’t a clue.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


In Firenstan:


Even as Jasmine ate, she could feel Ruini’s stare on her. She decided to take this to her advantage, maybe if she got some information from him, she could figure out exactly what Mozenrath was planning.


“So,” she started, giving him a smile. “You’re even more powerful than Mozenrath? I didn’t think such a feat was possible.” She said sweetly. Inside Jasmine wanted to gag- but she held back, knowing that whatever information she could find out would in some way help her.


Ruini returned the smile just the same. “Of course,” he replied haughtily. He seemed pleased that she was giving him her attention as he continued.


“Truth be told Mozenrath hasn’t been as powerful as he once was~ his powers are draining,” he added thoughtfully.


Jasmine tried hard not to show her surprise. “Draining, why?”


Ruini looked at her before replying. “It happens. Only with dark magic though,” he lowered his voice mysteriously. “When a sorcerer uses magic for his own selfish reasons, the magic actually drains him of his health.” Jasmine nodded silently, amazed at what Ruini had revealed to her. So Mozenrath was getting weaker…



Ruini continued. “But he should be back any time now.” He stopped, sensing a new presence in the room.



Jasmine looked up and met Mozenrath’s taunting grin.



“Did someone call me?”





Back to index


Chapter 15: Chapter 15: Interests

Author's Notes: mmm...a complex love triangle? you know i just had to have one. and things are going to heat up even more!


Chapter Fifteen: Interests


Ruini smiled at Mozenrath’s entrance, he got up and greeted the sorcerer as if they were close friends. Jasmine didn’t move.


Mozenrath came around the table to her. “Oh I’m afraid the princess isn’t too happy with my presence,” he told Ruini.


Mozenrath looked at Jasmine at long time and said, “But I must say I’m starved for the sight of you princess.” Jasmine shuddered at his words, but refused to meet his gaze, anger and fear growing in her heart.



Mozenrath turned to Ruini and laughed. “She still hasn’t forgiven me,” he said. Ruini looked back, curiously.


“For what?” he asked.


Mozenrath smiled once again as he now had Jasmine’s full attention.


“For something that I took from her,” Mozenrath said.


Jasmine could feel his words cut into her like a knife, leaving her with despair. Images of the nightmare Mozenrath had made her live through flashed through her mind. She fought desperately not to cry. She couldn’t show weakness to him now, or ever.


Instead she met Mozenrath’s stare, challenging them as best as she could.


“Something that will never happen again,” she said fearlessly. Mozenrath laughed easily.


“Oh princess, you truly do amaze me,” Mozenrath said, “Tell me what do you plan to do to stop me?”


Jasmine sat in silence, unable to think of what to say. Ruini stood a distance away in the shadows, watching the scene with curiosity. His eyes lit with interest.





Back to index


Chapter 16: Chapter 16: Excuses

Author's Notes: Thanks for your reviews!


Chapter Sixteen: Excuses



“What have you done with my father?” Jasmine asked Mozenrath, anger burning in her eyes.


“Oh him,” Mozenrath thought for a moment.


“I hate to say that he had an unfortunate accident,” he said. Jasmine stared back at him in disbelief. She felt her heart skip a beat.


He couldn’t be…



Mozenrath frowned, as if even the thought of death displeased him. “Just think of it as a blessing, princess. He’s in a much better place now.”


Mozenrath’s words were final. Jasmine fell silent for a moment, her heart heavy with a helplessness that seemed inescapable. Tears fell down her face, but this time she didn’t care that he saw.


“How could you?” she whispered, her voice weak with anguish. Mozenrath looked indifferent, as if he could be doing something other than wasting time discussing the past.



“I don’t really need to remind you how dangerous I truly am, do I princess?” Jasmine turned away from him.


“You’re nothing but a heartless man who will one day meet a horrible end,” was all she said, emotion gone from her voice.


“Ah…but I’m here now. And I’m afraid that you’re going to have to get used to it princess.” Mozenrath added, “besides shouldn’t you be worrying about that worthless street rat of yours?”


Jasmine instantly looked up at Mozenrath. “What do you mean?” she asked him.


Mozenrath merely waved his hand, revealing an image before her of him. Jasmine stared in silence.


Aladdin was holding Jade close, walking along the path to the palace gardens. They were talking and laughing as if they had known each other all their life.


Mozenrath waved his hand once again and the image faded into nothing.


“You see princess, he doesn’t even care for you now. I suggest you do the same.”





Back to index


Chapter 17: Chapter 17: Falling

Author's Notes: and it gets worse...if that's possible!


Chapter Seventeen: Falling


“You’re wrong,” Jasmine replied, knowing how ridiculous it sounded. She had seen it with her own eyes, Aladdin didn’t even seem to care that she was gone. Her heart was shattered, how could he just forget her?


Still she wouldn’t stop caring about him, Aladdin was everything to her and with her father now gone, he was all she had. She would find a way to bring him back.


“Am I,” Mozenrath said, as if he couldn’t believe the princess. “A picture paints a thousand words, princess.”


“You’re despicable Mozenrath,” Jasmine retorted, not giving him the satisfaction of letting him know he was right.


“I don’t think she’s very fond of you Mozenrath,” Ruini commented from a distance, his voice amused.


Mozenrath smiled in response to his words. “She’ll just have to get over that little fact,” he said. He came close to the princess, his eyes lit with desire,


“Besides we have some unfinished business to attend to.” Jasmine tried to get away from the menace, but Mozenrath grabbed her arm just in time.



“Going so soon princess,” he tightened his grip.


“I don’t think so…”

Back to index


Chapter 18: Chapter 18: Discovery

Author's Notes: and just when you think Mozenrath could sink no lower...lol

i won't say any more!


Chapter Eighteen: Discovery

“Get off of me!” Jasmine shouted, struggling against his grasp. Mozenrath just laughed, enjoying the fight.


As she struggled, she noticed something. A tiny blue bottle was in the pocket of Mozenrath’s robe, she pretended she hadn’t noticed it.


“Could it be?” she wondered silently, a small sliver of hope entering her heart.


Mozenrath waved his hand and gold shackles encircled Jasmine’s wrists and ankles. She stopped struggling for a moment to stare at the sorcerer, pure hatred in her eyes.


“It would be so much easier if you would cooperate, princess,” he commented. He used his hand to make her face him, as she looked up in repulsion. “But I have to say your spirit is something I admire about you.” Jasmine escaped his grasp, trying to get away from him.



“I would rather die than cooperate with someone like you,” she spat. Mozenrath let out a hollowed laugh.


“Such cruel words princess.” He said, lifting the princess to her feet and dragging her from the room.


“But I’d save your strength if I were you.” Both of them disappeared, leaving Ruini alone in the room.


A smile flickered across his face…as a plan formulated in his mind…









Back to index


Chapter 19: Chapter 19: Inescapable

Author's Notes: dark to say the least...


Chapter Nineteen: Inescapable



Jasmine, try as she could, was no match for Mozenrath. The harder she struggled against him, the harder he held her. She cursed him as he led her down another hallway.


In her heart she knew what was coming, but she wasn’t about to go through that hell again.


“Let me go!” she screamed at him, knowing it would do no good.


Mozenrath finally came to a door and with just a twist of his hand the door opened at his command. He forced Jasmine in.


The door closed soundlessly behind them. Jasmine looked for any escape, yet knowing somehow there was none. She looked at Mozenrath, fear slowly consuming her soul.


Mozenrath’s eyes rested on hers, and she felt helpless. This time Aladdin couldn’t save her, no one could.


She closed her eyes, trying to block everything out. This can’t be happening.


Mozenrath closed in on her and she felt her pulse quicken. She opened her eyes and he was right there.


He reached out, grabbing the back of her head and pulling her close. Bringing his lips to hers, he kissed her cruelly and she felt herself fall in his embrace, unable to escape.


“Aladdin I need you,” she thought as she felt herself fall further away from reality. She only wished to run away from this place and never return.


Her vision blurred and she almost blacked out from the pain. Tears came streaming down her face, but she didn’t bother to wipe them away. His touch sent chills down her body and she wanted to fight him, but she knew it would do nothing. Her heart was trapped and there was nothing she could do.


She felt herself drift in and out of consciousness, wishing with all her heart that this was a nightmare.


It was unquestionable, Mozenrath would win, whether she wanted him to or not.



She sighed one last time before letting sleep take her.














Back to index


Chapter 20: Chapter 20: A Ray of Hope

Author's Notes: a few more surprises on the way...


Chapter Twenty: A Ray of Hope


Jasmine awoke, and realized spitefully that Mozenrath was asleep beside her. She looked at his face in disgust and wanted to move as far away from him as possible. Last night had been more than a nightmare for her and she knew that she could not stand another night with him.


As she moved she realized that the bottle that she had seen earlier had fallen out of Mozenrath’s robes and was on the floor. Jasmine very carefully took it in her hand and hid it in her own clothes, hoping Mozenrath wouldn’t catch her.


A second later he stirred and Jasmine moved back to where she was, pretending she was still sleeping.


In her heart she felt a small ray of hope as she grasped the bottle in her hands, knowing that if she just found a way….


She could save herself after all.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night...



Ruini smiled as his thoughts turned once again to the princess.


He knew that he would have to be patient, and careful. Mozenrath could sense a trap miles away…


Still, Ruini had powers beyond Mozenrath’s, and could easily overtake him. But something held him back…he needed more time…








Back to index


Chapter 21: Chapter 21: A New Rule

Author's Notes: alas...Mozenrath still has more up his sleeve.


Chapter Twenty-One: A New Rule


Jasmine felt Mozenrath’s revolting lips on her neck and she instantly pulled away. She turned and felt a deeper hatred burn in her heart, stronger than she had ever known.


Mozenrath just smiled at her as usual, as he rose from the bed. He clearly was happy by the expression on his face, it contrasted drastically with Jasmine’s own look of disgust.


She wanted to strangle the man in front of her for putting her through hell again.


Mozenrath ignored her insufferable glance and was about to leave. He waited, expecting Jasmine to follow suit. She scoffed at his arrogance.


“Princess you still haven’t learned, have you?” he said. Jasmine looked away. Mozenrath simply took her hand and a second later they both reappeared in the dining room.


Jasmine’s displeasure grew. She would rather starve and eat with this man. Mozenrath didn’t seem to care and he seated himself at the table and began to eat. Jasmine followed suit, but sat far from the sorcerer.


“Sleep well?” came a voice. Ruini joined the group and winked at the princess. Jasmine looked down at her food, sickened with the both of them. She was tempting to attack Mozenrath and beat the hell out of him when Ruini’s voice interrupted her thoughts.


“Mozenrath have you made the alliance with Julian yet?” he asked conversationally. Mozenrath sighed.


“Yes, but I’m afraid one more ally is needed,” he replied. Jasmine had stopped eating, her fork hung in midair.


“Julian? But isn’t he the one who…” Jasmine began when Mozenrath cut her off.


“Saved your kingdom? Yes but you would be surprised what a man would do to save his own people, even become an alliance with his mortal enemy. Julian is a coward, he was easy to persuade.”

Jasmine was stunned at his words. Then her thoughts immediately turned to Jade. She had something to do with this, Jasmine would bet her life on it.


Jasmine knew Jade was more powerful than she let on. It wouldn’t surprise her that she had her father under her control now…



And with Julian’s kingdom now at Mozenrath’s mercy…Jasmine shuddered to think of what he was capable of…










Back to index


Chapter 22: Chapter 22: A Change in Plans

Author's Notes: sorry about the chapter length- but as always it won't take long for another update.


Chapter Twenty-Two: A Change in Plans


“I have something to take care of. Ruini, watch Jasmine,” Mozenrath said as he finished his meal. A second later he disappeared without waiting for an answer.


Jasmine just smirked. Now she was being watched over? This was getting unbelievable. She however got up and was about to leave when Ruini stopped her.


“What do you want?” she asked him. Still thinking how she should remember how powerful he was, but at the time she didn’t care.


“Oh nothing really,” was his only reply as Jasmine raised her eyebrows, questioning him. A moment later he let her pass, but not before giving her a quick smile.


Jasmine just brushed pass him without saying anything and headed to her room. The last thing she wanted was to be left here alone with Ruini. She knew something was up, but decided to worry about it later; she had more pressing matters at hand.


Ruini watched her go, resentment simmering in his eyes.


Soon…

Back to index


Chapter 23: Chapter 23: Powers

Author's Notes: and you thought Mozenrath was bad...


Chapter Twenty-Three: Powers


Ruini waited patiently for Mozenrath’s return. It didn’t take long, soon the sorcerer appeared from a swirling portal of black, carrying what looked like a package in his hand. Ruini didn’t waste anytime. He hid in the shadows waiting her the perfect moment.


Mozenrath passed him, not noticing her was there. Ruini used his power and sent a mild shock wave toward him, enough to knock him off his feet. Ruini stood over his friend, a leer on his face as he was about to hit him again.


“What are you doing?” Mozenrath shouted at him. Ruini just smiled as he shot one last fatal shot at Mozenrath’s heart.


Silence fell between them.


“Oh I won’t kill you Mozenrath. Not just yet,” Ruini said to him. As he took the package from Mozenrath’s hand, he added.


“But when I’m through with you, you may wish I had.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jasmine paced her room, her mind struggling to find a way out of the castle. She knew she couldn’t spend another night, she had to escape.


“Troubled?” a voice asked her suddenly. She was startled at the voice and turned in surprise at the speaker.


“Why would you care?” she replied.


“Oh I’m hurt princess. Really I am.” Jasmine just rolled her eyes, sensing the sarcasm in the man’s voice.


“Besides you should be thanking me,” he added mysteriously.


“For what?” Jasmine asked curiously.


“For taking care a certain sorcerer. But I must say he was nothing compared to me,” he lowered his voice, his eyes burning with power.


“He was tame compared to what I’m capable of…”



Back to index


Chapter 24: Chapter 24: Perfection

Author's Notes: dang these villians~ evil knows no limits. lol


Chapter Twenty-Four: Perfection


“What do you mean?” Jasmine asked, almost afraid of the answer.


“Oh come on, did you really think it’s a coincidence that you’re here?” Jasmine listened, still in shock that this man before her had taken over the most powerful sorcerer that she had ever known.


“Well it isn’t. Mozenrath came to me, an old friend,” Ruini stopped and laughed candidly. “Well…ex-friend. Anyways I agreed to let him stay here, in my kingdom.” Ruini stopped waiting for her reaction.


So Jasmine was right- she knew it had to be his kingdom after all. She just waited patiently for him to continue.


“And I could tell the pathetic man was losing his power. It really didn’t surprise me, I however was growing stronger. I just waited for the right moment to challenge him, and then he asks me to pick up something for him,” Ruini gave her a significant look.


“Me,” Jasmine responded, still stunned with disbelief. Ruini nodded.


“And normally I don’t do favors, but I was curious. He described you in excellent detail…” Jasmine frowned. The last thing she wanted to hear was that Mozenerath was talking so comprehensive about her, she however kept silent.

Ruini continued. “And when I saw you, I just knew you’d be perfect.” Jasmine looked at him, confusion in her eyes.


“Perfect for what?”


That’s when Ruini’s eyes darkened, showing his true malevolent side. His lips formed a dangerous smile.


“For me.”


Back to index


Chapter 25: Chapter 25: Truth

Author's Notes: it's just possible that Ruini is more evil than Mozenrath...i don't know, you decide.


Chapter Twenty-Five: Truth


“What are you talking about?” Jasmine asked. She wasn’t willing to believe that Ruini wanted her- it was insane.


Ruini could only return her look of surprise with his own satisfaction.


“Honestly princess, don’t tell me that you’re surprised by all this?”


Jasmine looked at him, her mind beginning to understand. Ruini had taken care of Mozenrath just so he could have her for himself. She had to admit that she wasn’t surprised, but at the same time, this was far from what she wanted to hear.


“What makes you think I’d ever come to you?” She asked, thinking how ironic it was that she was even having this conversation. Mozenrath had wanted her the same and she refused him. What made Ruini think she would ever be with him?


“Oh I don’t know,” Ruini put a finger to his lips, as if thinking about it. Then his eyes lit up.


“Maybe this.”


He waved a hand and a mirror appeared from no where. Jasmine stood back, not believing her eyes.


Aladdin stood in it’s clear reflection, tied and gagged to a dungeon wall.


Jasmine looked up only to meet Ruini’s mysterious stare.


“I can be very persuasive princess.”

Back to index


Chapter 26: Chapter 26: We've Met Before

Author's Notes: and it still continues to get darker...


Chapter Twenty-Six: We’ve Met Before


“Let him go.” Jasmine commanded, anger now burning in her eyes.


“Oh but princess, he looks so content.” Ruini let out a laugh. Jasmine was appalled by his sense of humor, not even Mozenrath was this sick.


“Plus you would do anything for him.” Ruini added as a matter of fact.


Jasmine wanted to deny the fact that now Ruini was in control, but as the seconds drew on she became more and more aware of his danger. She knew he was capable of anything.


“Oh I forgot to mention, princess. Just one small detail I left out.” Jasmine looked at him, and realized she now hated this man more than anyone she had ever met.


Ruini smiled at her hatred. “You see, that night I brought you here, you remember?”


Jasmine said sarcastically, “How could I forget.”


“Well, I have to admit that’s not the first time I’ve seen you.” He tilted his head back slightly, looking at her through darkened eyes.


Jasmine thought her heart had stopped for a moment. Confusion started to overwhelm her, what did he mean by that?



“We’ve met before, but you were too young to remember. I was a prince visiting your kingdom, when I met you. From the moment I met you I knew I had to have you.”


Jasmine was speechless. What?!!


“So like I was saying…when I heard Mozenrath describe you, I knew you were the girl I had met years before. So here we are.”


Jasmine just stood in silence, her mind spinning. This man already knew her? That was impossible.


“That’s ridiculous,” Jasmine said.


Ruini just laughed. “Oh I know, but all of it’s true. Who do you think gave Mozenrath the idea of kidnapping you in the first place? I knew somehow he would fail, and when he did he would come to me. It was really too easy.”


Jasmine refused to believe it. Ruini was behind all this? She didn’t even know the guy.



“I don’t believe you,” she said.


Ruini just frowned. “Believe what you want, but it won’t change anything. Like I said, Mozenrath was nothing compared to my own powers, but I’m tired of telling you.” His eyes darkened even more.


“Let me show you.”

Back to index


Chapter 27: Chapter 27: Choices

Author's Notes: and it gets darker, what more can i say?


Chapter Twenty-Seven: Choices


Ruini grabbed her hand and they disappeared. A second later Jasmine found herself in some sort of dungeon. Her eyes immediately saw Aladdin chained to the wall, his face beaten and his legs bond.


“You’re a monster,” Jasmine spat at Ruini, as she carefully brushed Aladdin’s hair from his eyes. She looked at him helplessly, wanting to take away his pain.


“Oh princess, did I give you the impression I cared? I’m sorry I don’t.” Ruini came up beside her and laughed.


“Besides your dear boyfriend doesn’t even know who you are,” He added thoughtfully.


“So like I said before, I know you would do anything for him.”


Jasmine turned to face Ruini, this time the confusion and fear gone from her eyes. Ruini noticed and continued to smile.


“What do you want?”


Ruini took her hand and sighed. “You already know the answer to that princess.”

Back to index


Chapter 28: Chapter 28: Prisoners

Author's Notes: ah...yes it's short. but the next chapter will be up in no time!


Chapter Twenty-Eight: Prisoners


“And just what do you think you are doing?” a new voice interrupted them. They both turned to discover a third party had joined them.


Ruini seemed unsurprised by her appearance, his smile grew. “Jade, such a pleasure to see you.”


Jade scoffed. “I bet it is,” she said sarcastically. Her eyes were narrowed angrily. “This wasn’t part of our deal.”


Ruini laughed. “Forgive me, but you should have known who you were dealing with. I’m not prone to keeping my promises.”


Jade’s piercing blue eyes burned steadily, hatred the only emotion evident.


“Well just see,” She pulled back her arm to attack the sorcerer, but before she could Ruini had reacted.


A bolt of red lightning shot from his hand and hit Jade straight in the heart. She stumbled backward before collapsing, unconscious.


Ruini sighed, as if he thought it wasn’t necessary for such rash actions. In just another wave of his hand, he had bond Jade to the wall next to Aladdin. He shook his head.


“Such fools.”


Ruini turned to Jasmine. “Now where were we?”

Back to index


Chapter 29: Chapter 29: No Time for Fear

Author's Notes: enjoy :)


Chapter Twenty-Nine: No Time for Fear


Jasmine took a step back from him. “I will never love you.”


Ruini sighed, and then his eyes lit again with their own intensity. “Oh but princess, I’ve always loved a challenge. It adds to the excitement.”


Jasmine turned from him, wondering what to do.


“There’s no escape. I’m too powerful, and you really don’t want to get on my bad side princess.” He added, as if reading her thoughts.


“How did you come to be this way?” Jasmine asked suddenly, stalling for time. Ruini laughed coldly.


“I’m not really into telling my life story Jasmine. And why do I get the feeling you’re just playing for time?” Ruini replied, impatience burning in his eyes.


“No I’m just curious,” Jasmine replied.


Ruini winked at her devilishly. “Sure,” he said.


“Now I’m really curious to know what you would do now that I have your street rat as my prisoner. Mmmm….any ideas?” He took a step towards her, closing the space between them.


“I know I have some.”

Back to index


Chapter 30: Chapter 30: Breaking Free

Author's Notes: yes it's the end!

but i hope that you liked this story as much as i enjoyed writing it :)


Chapter Thirty: Breaking Free


“Oh really?” Jasmine said, an idea forming in her mind. She slowly put her arm around his shoulder and brought him close.


“I’d love to hear them.” Ruini smiled.


“I thought you would.”


Jasmine brought her lips close to his and waited. Ruini closed his eyes and leaned in.


Suddenly without warning, Jasmine hit him hard over the head, knocking him unconscious to the ground. A smile formed on her face.


She quickly went over to Jade and slapped her hard. Jade woke up angrily, glaring at the princess.


“What the hell?” she looked up confused. Jasmine wasted no time.


“Look if you ever want to get out of here you’ll help me,” Jasmine said, firmly. Jade laughed.


“What makes you think that I will help you princess,” she said.


Jasmine just smiled. “You want to get out of here, right?”


Jade thought for a moment. “Fine, what did you have in mind?”


Jasmine pulled the bottle she had taken earlier from Mozenrath from her robes and showed it to Jade.


“Break the seal on this bottle.”


Jade looked up at her as if she were crazy. “Are you out of your…” Jasmine cut her off.


“Just do it.”


Jade sighed and pointed her finger at the seal. She murmured an incantation and the seal was instantly broken.


A puff of smoke surrounded them and then it was gone. Genie appeared in front of them, and Jasmine almost cried with joy.


“Boy was it cramped in there!” Genie said, stretching his arms.


He looked around them, seeing Aladdin and Jade still bond to the wall and Ruini unconscious on the floor he asked, “Anyone want to fill me in?”


Jasmine just replied. “No time Genie. Can you free Aladdin and Jade?”


Genie carefully looked at the locks. After a moment he said. “Only the sorcerer who made these locks can break them. My magic won’t help.” Jasmine let out a sign of frustration. Great.


“Look Genie I need you to become invisible for a second, okay.”


The Genie looked confused, “Jas what-


“No time to explain. Just come in when I give you the signal.” Genie just nodded and a second later disappeared.


Ruini was beginning to wake up. Jasmine quickly whispered to Jade, “you better be quiet or I’ll make sure Ruini finishes you off.”


Jade nodded reluctantly and pretend once again to be unconscious.


Jasmine walked over to Ruini. Ruini opened his eyes and looked around the room confused.


“What?” His eyes soon met Jasmine’s and he got up furiously.


“Why you!” Ruini started towards her.


“Genie now!” Jasmine shouted. Ruini turned confused. Genie quickly appeared and trapped Ruini in a magic proof cage. Ruini looked as if he could kill.


“I will kill you,” he shouted at Jasmine. Jasmine smiled and for the first time felt her heart lift with happiness.


“I don’t think you’re in the condition to. Now free them.” Jasmine commanded. Ruini just looked at her.


“You’re kidding right?”


Jasmine returned his gaze. “Unless of course you want Genie to send you to the ends of the earth on a one way trip.”


Ruini groaned. With hatred in his eyes he shot a bolt of his power towards the locks holding Aladdin and Jade, they instantly broke and fell towards the ground.


Jasmine rushed over to Aladdin, as his eyes slowly opened.


“Aladdin?” she whispered, afraid.


Aladdin opened his eyes and stared at Jasmine. “What happened?”


Jasmine threw her arms around him. “Oh Aladdin,” was all that she said.


Aladdin gently pushed away from her, confusion in his eyes.


“Do I know you?”


Jade looked in satisfaction at the scene in front of her. Jasmine turned towards her, anger in her eyes.


“Give him his memory back!” she ordered. Jade merely laughed.


“No.”


Jasmine turned her attention back towards Aladdin, love in her eyes.

“Aladdin please come back to me. I need you.” She whispered softly. She kissed him, letting all the emotions of the last few days break free. Her fear, strength, worry, love all came pouring from her kiss, as she silently begged Aladdin to remember.


When she let him go, she searched Aladdin’s eyes, hoping beyond hope that he remembered.
Aladdin stared back at her for a moment. Then without another word he wrapped his arms around her as tears came falling freely down her face.


“Oh Jasmine, I’ve missed you.” Jasmine just cried in his arms.


“Never leave me Aladdin,” was all she said.


Jade scoffed at the couple and decided that she better leave. She turned once back towards them, and smiled.


Genie coughed, and Aladdin and Jasmine turned towards him.


“Sorry guys. But what do we do with this guy. He seems like he will be trouble.” Genie asked.


Jasmine just took Aladdin’s hand and sighed. She didn’t care anymore, she had Aladdin back. Nothing else mattered.


“Let’s just go home,” Jasmine said, her voice pleading. She just wanted to get away from all this.


“But-” Genie began.


“Please Genie.” Jasmine said. Genie nodded and made sure that the magic seal on Ruini’s power was foolproof.


Aladdin took Jasmine in his arms and whispered. “I love you.”

Jasmine let his words speak to her heart, taking away all her fear. She smiled and let him hold her.


“I love you too.”


And with that they left. Aladdin held Jasmine and Jasmine let all the darkness that had covered her heart fade away. She was safe now in the arms of her only true love. She felt a new strength burn within her as they left Ruini’s castle.


The sun was just rising above the horizon, casting a golden sheen on the couple. They smiled as they held each other and returned home.


~~~~The End~~~




So what did you think?
Please tell me anything that comes to mind~ i can only improve as a writer- so feel free to comment.


Thanks again for reading :)









Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=789