Test of Friendship III by Cassim fan



Summary: It has been a few months since Jafar had come back. Cassim and Iago are on another treasure hunt. This time it has taken them deep into the rain forest. Thundra has agreed to join them.
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Cassim, Iago, Original Characters, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Test of Friendship Chapters
Published: 07/14/06
Updated: 07/14/06


Index

Chapter 1: Break-up
Chapter 2: Apologizing
Chapter 3: Surprise for Iago
Chapter 4: Iago's New Family


Chapter 1: Break-up

Author's Notes: I don't own Cassim, Iago, Thundra, or Malcho. They belong to Disney. Carina belongs to another fanfiction author. Cassie, Al, and Cari are mine.


Back to index


Chapter 2: Apologizing

Back to index


Chapter 3: Surprise for Iago

About five weeks later Cassim and Iago went to visit Thundra. They were shocked and a little horrified to see her looking very tired and stressed! Iago flew over to her.

"Thundra, what's wrong?"

Thundra whispered into his ear. His face lit up, he smiled, and let out a yell. He flew over to Cassim and tried to talk.

"Thundra is... she's... she is... Thundra's..."

"Spit it out, Iago."

"I'm going to be a father!" he yelled.

Cassim's eyes widened.

"You serious?"

"Dead serious."

"Way to go, pal."

After a while Cassim stood up.

"I think it's time to go."

"Uh, Cassim."

"Yeah?"

"I won't be going back to the layer."

"Why not?"

"I should be here for my up coming kid or kids."

Cassim smiled.

"I understand."

Iago smiled and hugged Cassim. After a moment Cassim stepped back and mounted his horse.

"Take care of yourself, Iago."

With that he rode off back to the layer, fighting back tears as he left his best friend behind.

Back to index


Chapter 4: Iago's New Family

It had been two years since Iago found out Thundra was preganant. He was now the father of a trio of two year old birds! He was watching them play tag.

Cassie was one of his daughters. He named her after Cassim. Al was his son, named after Aladdin. Cari was his other daughter, named after Cassim's wife, Carina.

Lately Iago had been having dreams of all the adventures he and Cassim had gone through together. He missed his best friend.

"Dad! Come quick!"

It was Al. Iago, Cassie, and Cari flew towards where Al's voice had come from. Suddenly the young bird flew over to them.

"What is it?"

"I found a human."

"A human?! Humans don't come to the rain forest anymore."

"He's unconcsious and hurt, badly."

"What did he look like?"

Al described the man. Iago suddenly took off in the direction Al had come from. He reached and clearing and stopped. A man lay on his stomach, his face on the ground so Iago couldn't see it very well.

Only the man's face would prove his fears correct or wrong.

Praying his was wrong, Iago moved the man's head so his head was resting on one side. He looked at the man's face and let out a yell.

Cassie, Al, and Cari came over.

"Dad, what's wrong?"

"Get your mother."

Before long Thundra arrived. She gasped when she saw the man. She had one of her clouds pick him up and take him to the waterfall.

"Dad, who is this guy?"

"Remember when I would tell you about my best friend?"

"Yeah."

"It's him."

Cassim regained concsiousness as Thundra was cleaning his wounds. He moaned softly. Iago flew over and landed beside his head.

"Cassim?"

Cassim looked over at him.

"Iago, I wasn't sure if I was going to find you."

After a while Cassim's wounds were bandaged. Thundra had a cloud help him sit up.

"Thanks, I think."

"Cassim, I want you to meet my kids."

The three siblings flew over and landed on the ground next to Iago.

"This is Cassie, Al, and Cari."

"I know where you got Al, but what's with Cassie and Cari?"

"I kinda named Cassie after you."

Cassim picked Iago up and ruffled the feathers on his head.

"You little feather duster. I should have known you would do something like this. What about Cari?"

"I just took the first four letters of someone's name."

"Whose name?"

"You of all people should know right away. It's someone very close to your heart."

Cassim's eyes widened a little.

"Carina?"

"Yep."

Cassim stroked Iago's feathers. He took them to the layer and showed Cassie, Al, and Cari the secret room with the golden ship.

Iago managed to convince Cassim to come live in the rain forest.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=798