Hands of Time by Soohe



Summary: a mysterious sorcerer has kidnapped jasmine and travels through time...changing history and using his own power to influence the outcome. will jasmine ever find her one true love, or will fate decide otherwise?
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Aladdin, Jasmine, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 08/21/06
Updated: 09/24/06


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Without a Trace
Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Another Time
Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Time
Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Desire
Chapter 5: Chapter 5: Terror


Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Without a Trace

Chapter 1: Without a Trace


Jasmine ran playfully after Rajah, her laughter ringing with sweet notes through the deserted palace gardens. She stopped suddenly out of breath and sat on the side of a huge water fountain, admiring with silent wonder the sparkling water cascading down the sides that shimmered with beams of sunlight.

She closed her eyes and smiled to herself, feeling free from the normal dull routine of being a princess for just a moment.


A stranger watched from the shadows, smiling to himself as he watched the princess. He could tell that she had spirit, a fiery nature that was as mysterious as the night and something in his heart reached for it, wanting it more than anything else.


He murmured an ancient incantation and waited patiently for the spell to take form. Slowly the two of them disappeared into the sands of time….



Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Another Time

Chapter 2: Another Time


“Jasmine….Jasmine!”


The sultan’s voice echoed over the land, breaking the eerie silence of the night. No reply came, only a cold silence.


Cold panic drowned the sultan in doubt as his voice grew hoarse and tired…yet still no sign of Jasmine came.


The guards were already out looking, but so far no hope of finding the princess had turned up.

He peered out into the night with nothing but fear in his own soul, the last of his hope slowly fading into doubt…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The sorcerer carefully laid the princess on the bed and brushed a stray of dark silky hair from her eyes, memorized by her beauty.


She breathed deeply in sleep, filled with only dreams and not aware of what was to come.



Soundlessly he left her as she lay, disappearing into the shadows. His heart beating with his own cruel nature and his soul consumed by nothing but hatred and jealousy…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jasmine opened her eyes as if waking up from a trance and quickly took in the room she was in. The walls were black and sapphire, swirled with faint traces of gold and silver while a large mirror sat on a dresser that vaguely resembled the one she had at the palace.


“What is this place?” she wondered out loud, curiosity overshadowing the fear inside her.


“The Land of the Black Sands…” answered a dark and low voice. She quickly turned towards the voice and a man appeared from the darkness as if from another time.


Her eyes shimmered with a trace of fear.


“Welcome princess…to my domain….”


Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Time

Chapter 3: Time


“Land of the Black Sands…”


Jasmine repeated with confusion as she stared at the man in front of her with a subtle fear beginning to grow within. She swallowed back her fear and faced him with a renewed sense of determination.


“Why am I here?” she demanded, her gaze unflinching even against the coldness of his own stare.


A sudden, cool and dark smile met her eyes as the sorcerer enjoyed the sight of her confusion.


“Come now princess…surely they must have taught you something all these years…” his voice reached her with a sharp clarity that surprised her and left her more lost than ever.


Anger surrounded her heart now and she met the sorcerer’s unrelenting stare with a challenge of her own.


“I demand that you take me home.”


He merely laughed at her reply and casually crossed his arms, as he leaned carelessly against the dark décor of the room.


“I don’t think you understand princess…the home you once knew is gone. I cast a spell that brought us through the rips of time…the year is 2006.”


Jasmine blinked, not fully comprehending his words. It was impossible, no one had that sort of power…


He seemed to read her mind as he easily grinned with malice.
“Impossible? You’d be surprised with the weight of my own power princess.”


The last traces of hope faded into doubt as silence met Jasmine and realization became wrapped around her with a hazy fog.


“Why?” was all she said after a moment passed between them.


He let his eyes speak with his own cruel nature and sighed.


“Because I’m here to make you mine.”





Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4: Desire

Chapter 4: Desire


“You’re out of your mind.”


She took a step away from him and felt alarm run through her veins. Somehow she knew she couldn’t escape his ruthless stare. His eyes lingered over her and tore what strength she held within.


He sensed her uneasiness as if he could read it on her face and smiled.


“Scared of me?”


He stepped towards her, coming so close that she could feel the warmth of his breath on her golden brown skin. She saw only lust and desire burning from the depths of his eyes and she shivered with a rush of unnatural coolness.


Mozenrath hungered for her fear and he cherished the feeling of his own power. Carelessly he reached out and traced the line of her chin with his hand and his smile grew. Jasmine felt her senses freeze and her mind fall into a downward spiral, lost with the confusion she felt taking over her.
“And I don’t blame you princess…” he whispered into her ear softly.


His lips lightly brushed her ear and her heart skipped a beat…


“I would fear the plans I have for you as well…”


Words failed her and Jasmine could only look back at him as fear began to crawl beneath her skin.


He leaned in and when their eyes met, she couldn’t look away. The sorcerer graced her lips with his and pulled her in closer.


Jasmine suddenly pushed him back with all her strength, her eyes reflecting a deep loathing for him.


“Who the hell do you think you are?”


He merely shrugged and let his own eyes answer her.


“A man who always gets what he wants…but I’ll enjoy teaching you that…”


She glared at him angrily and hatred grew within her heart.


“You don’t own me Mozenrath.”


His eyes flickered in amusement as he stared at the princess, unable to conceal the resentment in his soul.


“I will princess…who will stand in my way? You? Don’t make me laugh.”


She could feel his words stab into her, filling her with doubt, and leaving her with only fear.


“You’re pathetic. And people like you always suffer the consequences in the end Mozenrath.”



“Oh really?” he took a bold step towards her. “But to what end princess? Have you forgotten that we are years into the future? I doubt anyone you ever have known will make me suffer the consequences you speak of dear.”


She frowned at his words. “You will pay Mozenrath, I’d bet my life on that.”


He was almost amused by her threat. “Oh I wouldn’t promise such an offer princess…especially to me.”


She stared at him. His eyes were dark and distant, and his lips drew in to form a careless smile.


“What do you really want?” she asked him.


He threw her a mischievous grin and his eyes darkened with desire…









Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5: Terror

Author's Notes: thanks for waiting guys, i know it's been a while since my last update, but i hope this chapter won't disappoint!

tell me what you think!


Chapter 5: Terror


“I should ask you the same question princess…” he replied with some vague hint of playfulness in his voice.


She looked at him curiously.


“What is that supposed to mean?”

His eyes seemed to darken even further, lit only by the vague flickering of light from the sun shining in from outside.


“Well,” he began with subtle arrogance in his tone, “you’ve lived in a palace all your life…with everything you could ever want at your fingertips, but tell me that something has always been missing…”



She scoffed, hiding what she truly felt within her. “And what is that?”


He smiled now and it brought a coldness to her heart.


“We’ll have time to discuss such matters later…now I want to show you something…” his voice drifted off as he threw her a sinister smile.


She stood there and wondered what he could possibly do. His powers were limitless, and to her they match his dark nature with perfection.


He waved his hand and drew a portal in front of them of swirling darkness. She stared at it, without moving, afraid of where it would lead.


Mozenrath grabbed her arm and they disappeared through the darkness, with no way to return…


~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*


Jasmine felt her body being pulled through the rips of time again and closed her eyes to block the pain.


Suddenly she fell forward and her eyes were meant with a blinding light. She shielded her eyes and when she could see clearly she gasped at the sight in front of her.


They were on top of a building that towered over endless homes and skyscrapers. Lights from the city gleamed below them and the distant sounds of car horns were heard. A cold wind blew across Jasmine’s face as she looked down at the millions of people.


“Watch this,” Mozenrath said arrogantly as he waved his hand over the city.


In an instant every light had been diminished and the world was plunged into darkness. Sounds of crashing cars and grinding metal echoed violently through the night.


“My first plan…bring the world to chaos…” Mozenrath’s voice was soft and he turned to look at her.


Jasmine swallowed and could feel panic fill every part of her heart and soul. An icy wave of terror washed over her as she realized what his words truly meant.


“Why? All these people…” she gestured to the world below them, “will suffer and die because of you!”


His laughter rang through the air and she knew that there was nothing she could do to stop him.


“I will rule this world…and it will be at my mercy,” he pulled her towards him and forced her to look him in the eyes.


“And you will join me.”













Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=826