The Perfect Gift by Cassimfan



Summary: Cassim and Aladdin want to give Carina the perfect birhtday present. They go all over Agrabah to find it. They almost get themseleves killed getting it.
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Aladdin, Cassim, Original Characters, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Dark/Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Cassim's Adventures and Quests.
Published: 11/23/06
Updated: 12/13/06


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Chapter 2


Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Twenty-four year old Cassim and his three year old son, Aladdin, walked through the marketplace. They were searching for the perfect birhtday present for Carina, Aladdin's mother.

"Daddy, can we get some apples?"

Cassim thought for a moment. He decoded to play a little trick.

"I don't know, Aladdin."

"Pleeeeeeease."

Aladdin made a puppy dog face.

"Oh my heart is breaking." Cassim said sarcastically.

"Please." he said in the inoccent little voice he knew his father couldn't resist.

"Okay."

"Yeah!"

Cassim stole two apples when nobody was looking.

"Piece of cake."

"Yummy."

"Yeah, yummy."

Aladdin licked his lips at the thought of a pice of cake.

"Daddy,..."

"Don't even ask."

"Oh man."

Aladdin saw something.

"What's that?"

"What's what?"

"That." Aladdin said pointing.

Cassim saw a beautiful, diamond necklace in a shop nearby. He and Aladdin went in and looked at it.

"You like the necklace, do you?"

Both spun around to see a small, ugly, old woman.

"Uh, yes. How much is it?"

"One hundred gold coins."

"One hundred gold coins?! For a necklace?!"

"They are real diamonds."

"Are there any cheaper ones?"

"There is one for fifty, but only the larger diamond is real."

"I'll work on getting the money for the hundred gold coin necklace."

"I could use help around my shop. If you do a good job durning a month I'll give you the necklace."

"Alright."

Cassim began work the next day. He was glad Carina's birthday wasn't for a little over a month yet.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2

After a month of working in the woman's shop Cassim was given the necklace. He was about halfway home with it when he heard a voice behind him.

"Stop, thief!"

Cassim turned around to see some guards running towards him! He had been tricked!

Cassim took off running. Instead of running to hide he ran to the woman's shop by another way. He burst in the door, startling the old woman.

She turned to find herself looking up at the enraged young man.

"A deal's a deal!"

The guards came in. Cassim turned to them.

"It's okay. He's right. A deal is a deal. He can keep the necklace."

Suddenly Cassim fell a sharp pain in his back. He stumbled forward. He caught his balance and looked over his shoulder.

The old woman had stabbed him in the back!

"He can keep it if he makes it home alive. He must get home without anyone's help."

The guards left. Cassim looked at the old woman, his face already starting to turn pale.

"Are you crazy?"

"If you want the necklace you better hurry. That dagger also poisoned you."

Cassim left the shop. He found that all shortcuts home were blocked! He was growing weaker by the moment!

The stubborn young man refused to give up. By the time he reached the base of the hovel he was so weak he could barely walk! Yet he still climbed to the top room.

Carina and Aladdin heard the sound of someone breathing heavily. They looked at the doorway and gasped at the sight of Cassim.

His face was very pale beneath his deeply tanned skin, blood stained the back of his shirt and his cape, his dark brown eyes were dull, and he was breathing very heavily. In his left hand was the necklace.

He took a step forward and collapsed!

"Cassim!"

"Daddy!"

They rushed to his side. Carina gently turned him over onto his back and cradled his head in her lap.

"What happened?"

Cassim shook his head slightly and held the necklace up.

"Happy birthday."

Carina set it off to the side.

"Cassim, what happened to you?"

Cassim could hardly talk now, but he managed to tell Carina and Aladdin what had happened.

They carefully got him onto his mat and set him down.

Cassim was now struggling just to breathe!

"Aladdin,... bring... Daddy,... Mommy's... new... necklace." he managed.

Aladdin did as he was told. Carina bent down closer to Cassim. He put the necklace on her and kissed her. Then he smiled at her.

"I... love... you... both... with... all... my... heart."

Cassim said nothing else because he had passed on! Carina lay her head on his chest and sobbed her heart out. Aladdin, who even at that age understood death and what it was, began to cry too.

Suddenly they both heard the sound of someone gasp like someone would if they had been underwater for a very long and nearly ran out of air.

They looked at Cassim. His eyes were open! He was alive!

Cassim sat up only to be knocked over again by his wife and son.

"I thought I had lost you."

"You won't get rid of me that easily, Carina."

She laughed. Cassim kissed her tenderly. After a moment he pulled back.

"Happy birthday, baby."

"Yeah. Happy birthday, Mommy."

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=850