A Twist in Time by Cassim fan



Summary: An ancient curse causes Cassim to fall ill! He finds himself in modern day California! To break the curse he must remember who he is. With each day that passes in California a days passes back in Agrabah. With each passing day Cassim in Agrabah gets worse! If Cassim in California doesn't break the curse within a month the Cassim in Agrabah will die, and the Cassim in California with vanish from existance! Will he break the curse in time?
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Abu, Aladdin, Cassim, Genie, Iago, Jasmine, Original Characters, Other
Genres: Comedy, Dark/Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 02/19/07
Updated: 03/10/07


Index

Chapter 1: The First Two Clues
Chapter 2: Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Agrabah
Chapter 5: Chapter 4


Chapter 1: The First Two Clues

Cassim was walking towards his uncle's shop, whistling a cheerful tune. He came in to see a large box marked: Fragile.

"Ah, Cassim. Just in time. Would you open the box and put the portrait that's in it on the wall where it can been seen when you walk in?"

"Okay."

Cassim opened his pocket knife and cut the tape on the box. He opened it, lifted the portrait out of it, and froze.

"Uncle Jack."

"What's wrong?"

"Look."

Cassim showed him the portrait.

"Oh my gosh! It's you!"

"Where did you get this?"

"It came from the city Agrabah."

Cassim stopped at the name Agrabah.

"Are you okay?"

"I've heard that name before. But where? When?"

"I don't know. I also don't how the man in the portrait is you or looks just like you."

Cassim hung the portrait up and found some paper with Arabic writing on them in the box.

He picked them up and put them in his pocket.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2

That night Cassim was in his study, trasnlating the Arabic words to English.

He finally finished and stared at the words. Almost in a panic, he grabbed his phone and dialed his uncle's number.

"Hello?"

"Uncle Jack, it's Cassim."

"What's up? You sound worried and shocked."

"I translated the Arabic words on the papers to Engish. Listen to what they say."

"I'm listening."

"The royal vizier, general of Agrabah's army, father of Prince Aladdin, father-in-law of Princess Jasmine, grandfather of Prince Ali, Cassim Ben-Hassan."

Cassim heard a sound and guessed that his uncle had sat bolt upright.

"That's weird."

"I know it is. Also, I know those names, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Ali. I've heard them before, but I can't remember where of when."

"Looks like we've got a mystery to solve."

"It's a good thing tomorrow's saturday."

"Come by the shop around nine o' clock. I'll help you try to figure this out."

"Thanks."

Cassim had a strange dream.

In his dream he saw a young man about twenty-two that resembled him, a beauitful young woman about twenty-two, and a little boy about one, clearly the young man and young woman's son.

At the shop the next morning Cassim told Jack about his dream.

"I know I've seen them before."

"This is very strange."

"Tell me about it. It's driving me bonkers!"

Jack couldn't help but chuckle at his nephew's outburst.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3

Meanwhile, back at the palace in Agrabah, the gang, the servants, and guards were going about their daily chores and routines with heavy, worried hearts. With each passing day Cassim got worse!

That night Aladdin went into his father's room, sat down in the chair beside the bed, and took Cassim's hand in both of his.

"Dad, I don't know if you can hear me. If you can I just want you to know that we're all worried about you and praying for you, even Ali."

The next morning when Jasmine went in to check on Cassim she saw that he was a little more pale.

Everyone at the palace went about the day praying in their heads that Cassim would recover.

As the days passed Cassim's health went down at a slow but steady rate.

During those days everyone at the palace began to lose hope, even little Ali!

Back to index


Chapter 4: Agrabah

Jack finally arranged for Cassim to fly to Agrabah.

When the man entered the city he foudn that he knew where just about everything was!

When he saw the palace he suddenly had a flashback.

(flashback starts)

The young man from his dream was standing on a balcony of the palace. A monkey was on his shoulder. Cassim wasn't very far away. A red and blue parrot was perched on his shoulder.

"Well, it looks like Genie has everything ready."

"Uh-huh." the monkey said.

"Genie? You have a genie? Have you used all three wishes yet?"

"Oh please don't go into, it's just too painful." the parrot said.

There was a puff of blue smoke and a blue genie appeared behind the young man.

"Oh, Al, you're back, and your front! You're both here!"

He hugged the young man.

"That's great, Genie, but I want you to meet..."

Genie covered the young man's mouth.

"Security's tight. No big crowds. Immediate family only."

"Perfect, because this is..."

"No low lifes this time, other than the parrot of course."

(quick skip to where Genie stops the young man)

"Uh, Al. Don't you think we shuld lose the Agrabah's most wanted look?"

Cassim glared at him, the hood and veil of his cape up.

"What's wrong with the way I look?"

The young man stopped him.

"When you're here you're no the King of Thieves."

He pulled the veil down.

"You're my dad."

(flashback ends)

Cassim was shocked. The young man from his dream was his son!

But how?

Cassim went into an ally and leaned against the wall, trying to think. Another flashback hit him.

(flashback starts)

Cassim and the young man were riding horses side by side. Cassim rode a large, sleek, magnificent, chestnut stallion. The young man rode a bay stallion.

They both laughed and smiled at each other.

"Last one back to the palace has to do a handstand in the menagerie on the edge of the fountain."

"You're on!" the young man said.

They thundered back towards Agrabah.

Cassim got to the palace first.

"You lose, son."

"I know."

The young man tried to a handstand on the edge of the fountain and fell over into it!

Cassim, the young woman, who was obviously pregnant, the genie, the parrot, and the monkey were all laughing.

The young man got out of the fountain.

"Nice try, Aladdin."

"Lets see you do it."

"Okay."

Cassim easily did a handstand on the edge of the fountain. Then he lifted his left hand and stuck it out away from his body!

(flashback ends)

Cassim shook his head.

Aladdin had been the young man's name.

Prince Aladdin?

Then it came back to him.

The next moment he felt himself falling!

He saw colors and patterns of all sorts as he fell!

Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 4

"Aladdin! Aladdin!"

Aladdin came running, his face filled with fear.

"Jasmine, what's wrong?"

Jasmine, fighting back tears, pointed at Cassim.

Aladdin went over to the bed.

"I'm sorry, Aladdin, but he's gone."

"No. Dad."

Just as Aladdin started to cry Cassim's eyes opened and he smiled.

"Gotcha!"

"Dad?!"

Cassim and Jasmine laughed.

Cassim got out of bed and put his and on Aladdin's shoulder. He was laughing so hard he was crying!

He finally pulled himself together and away the tears.

"You should have seen the look on your face! Oh, it was priceless!"

"That wasn't very nice."

"Aw, c'mon, son. Lighten up. Learn to have a little fun."

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=878