Who Am I? by Cassim fan



Summary: Takes place after "Aladdin and the King of Thieves." Cassim is the new royal vizier and general! Aladdin has become his pride and joy over the past year, he and Jasmine have formed a father-daughter relationship, he and the sultan have become close friends, and the next generation has been started. One month old Ali is Cassim's little treasure, as he likes to say sometimes. Yet, even with all that, Cassim still feels a little out of place. The gang has asked him why he feels that way, but he refuses to talk about it. What secret, or secrets, is he hiding?
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: Aladdin, Cassim, Genie, Jasmine, Original Characters, Other, Sultan
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dark/Angst, General, Poetry/Songs
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/09/07
Updated: 07/22/07


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Chapter 4


Chapter 1: Chapter 1

I sat at my desk in my study reading over the latest trading document.

When I finished reading it, I rolled it up, stood up, and went to the sultan's chambers. I knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I entered the room and shut the door behind me.

"Sultan."

The sultan turned and smiled at me.

"Ah, Cassim. Finished reading the scroll already?"

"Yes, I am."

"What do you think?"

"It's a good idea, but the area where they want to create the new trading route is deep in bandit territory. If they try to make a trading route through there's a nine out of ten chance the caravans will be attacked."

"I see."

"I think the new route should more to the west, towards the oasis."

"You are truly wise indeed, Cassim. You have once again proven yourself to be worthy of being the royal vizier. I shall inform our ally sultan right away. You may go do as you please."

I bowed to him.

"Of course, and thank you."

With that, I left and headed out towards the menagerie.

[You're not worthy of being the royal vizier general.]

I stopped and looked around to see who had spoken.

Nobody was in sight!

Perhaps my ears were playing tricks on me.

[You're not even close to being worthy.]

I whirled around and still saw no one!

{This is weird.}

[Admitt it: you're not even worthy of being Aladdin's father.]

Then I knew. The voice was in my head!

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2

The rest of the day I didn't hear the voice again. The next morning, as I was getting dressed, I heard it again.

[You know you're not worthy. Come on, you're still keep secrets from them, from your son.]

{Who are you?}

I heard the voice chuckle.

[You remember hearing that guard, Fazal, call the King of Thieves a demon, don't you?]

(flashback)

"The King of Thieves!"

"No man can escape that cell!"

"He isn;t a man, I say, he's a demon."

(flashback ends)

I shook my head. I remembered it as if I heard it yesterday. I had just barely heard it, but I still heard it.

{So what if I remember it?}

The voice chuckled again.

[In a way he was right.]

{No he wasn't.}

{Yes he was. I am what caused you to do all the horrible things you did as the King of Thieves. When he said you were a demon, he, unknowingly, was refering to me.]

{You're a demon?}

[You got it. I have been controling you when you acted outside the layer as the King of Thieves for all the twenty years you were the King of Thieves.]

Then all was quiet. I no longer heard the demon. I decided not to tell anyone, at least not yet.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3

The demon continued to torment me. He also, slowly, began to somehow gain control of my body, at least for a short amount of time.

Before I knew he had complete control of my body for that amount of time! I was only partly aware of what he was making me do when that happened.

All I knew was that he was making me go into an uncontrollable rage!

One day he got control of me again, only this time for a longer amount of time!

The next thing I knew Jasmine was yelling at me!

"Cassim, stop! Stop! Stop, Cassim! Cassim, you're killing him!"

At that moment I realized I was attacking Aladdin!

I stopped and backed up in horror.

Aladdin slumped to the floor, and Jasmine and the others ran to his side.

"He's still alive, luckily."

Jasmine looked up at me with a mix of anger, horror, and shock.

"You almost killed him, Cassim."

Over the past year all I wanted to do was protect Aladdin, and now I almost killed him!

I turned and fled from the city, out into the desert!

Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4

Jasmine and the others followed me on Carpet.

Jasmine convinced me to return to Agrabah.

I was still worried about everyone's safety, though.

I changed into a silver robe I had. Then I went into the nursey and picked up Ali.

He looked up at me with his big brown eyes. When I saw love shinning in them I almost cried! Only one month old and Ali already knew love!

Before long he fell asleep in my arms. I smiled down at him.

Later that afternoon I offered to take Jasmine's place and give Ali his bath so she could stay with Aladdin.

I changed into plain clothes and got everything ready. Then I put Ali in his tub and began to clean him up.

He laughed and splashed the water with his hands.

"Hey, control your splashing or you're gonna get me wet." I scolded him playfully.

Ali began splashing the water at me!

"Hey!"

I shielded myself while trying not to laugh.

I ducked under the table and came up on the other side.

"Gotcha!"

When Jasmine came in Ali wasn't the only one that was wet!

"What happened to you?"

"Apparently Ali decided I needed a bath too."

Jasmine giggled.

I lifted Ali out of the tub, dried him off, wrapped him back up in his blanket, and handed him to Jasmine.

"I'm gonna go change."

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=921