Friends by Cassim fan



Summary: Takes place a year after "Aladdin and the King of Thieves." Cassim and Iago have become good friends. But, their friendship is about to be tested. An old enemy has some nasty plans in store for the two friends. Will they be victorious? Or will they die at the hands of the old enemy?
Rating: G
Categories: Aladdin
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 07/21/07
Updated: 07/22/07


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Chapter 4


Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Cassim and Iago were out enjoying an afternoon ride through the desert. It was beautiful day, and they were making the most of it.

Suddenly Sabeek, Cassim's magnificent, chestnut stallion, came to a stop.

"What's the matter, boy?"

Sabeek snorted nervously.

Suddenly evil laughter rang out!

Iago screamed and sought to hide in Cassim's cape.

"Jafar."

"Iago, Jafar is dead."

Suddenly Jafar appeared before them!

"I take that back!"

The next thing they knew they were ina dungeon!

Jafar stood outside.

"Enjoy your safety while you still can. Tomorrow morning, at dawn, you'll put up against many tests. You'll be fighting to survive."

With that, Jafar left.

Iago flew over and landed in front of Cassim. He buried his face in his wings.

"This is all my fault."

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2

"Iago, it's not your fault."

"Yes it is. I forgot about the familiar spell."

"Jafar used a familiar spell?"

Cassim's voice was hoarse as he asked the question. He spoke in a tone of voice Iago had heard Aladdin or the sultan speak in a few times.

"Yeah."

"Iago, why didn't you tell me?"

"I forgot about it. Besides, it wouldn't have mattered."

"Yes it would have. Iago, I can do magic."

Iago looked at his friend.

"You can?"

"Yeah. Not as much as that Mozenrath you told me about, but enough to undo the familiar spell."

There was a moment of silence.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before."

"Don't worry about it."

The next morning, at dawn, they were taken outside.

"The first test is for Iago."

Jafar snapped his fingers, and Cassim disappeared!

"Cassim! What have you done with him?!"

"You have to find him. Better hurry, Iago, or your friend will die."

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3

Iago searched despereately for Cassim. When he finally found him it wasn't good.

Cassim was up to his waist in quicksand and sinking deeper by the moment!

"Cassim!"

"Iago!"

Iago looked around and saw some vines. He grabbed one and took it to Cassim.

"Pull yourself out using the vine."

Cassim was able to slowly pull himself free of the quicksand.

"Good thinking, Iago. Thanks."

"What are friends for."

Jafar appeared before them.

"You passed your first test. Very good."

Cassim and Iago passed all the other tests. Jafar finally stood still, thinking.

"This test will be quite tricky."

Jafar once again made Cassim disappear! Then he transported Iago to the edge of a cliff. Below were jagged rocks.

"Help!"

"Cassim?!"

Iago went to the edge and looked over. Cassim clung to a small ledge that was slowly giving way!

"Iago!"

"Better hurry and help him up, Iago."

Jafar then disappeared.

Iago found a vine, tied one end around a tree near the edge, and tossed the other end to Cassim.

Cassim quickly climbed up to saftey.

"That was a close one."

"Yeah it was."

Jafar appeared again.

"Now, Cassim, the fight that many thought would take place but didn't will take place now."

Cassim and Iago looked at each other then back at Jafar.

"Huh?"

Suddenly Sa'luk appeared!

"Oh boy."

"Prepare to die, Cassim!" Sa'luk said,

Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4

A fierce fight broke out.

Before long both men were bleeding.

After nearly half an hour, Sa'luk struck Cassim to the ground.

Cassim lay there, unable to get back up at the moment.

Sa'luk grinned evilly and raised his blades to deliver the fatal blow.

"No!"

Iago flew in-between Sa'luk and Cassim just as Sa'luk was bringing his weapon down.

Cassim was surprised when Sa'luk's blades never pierced him.

He opened his eyes and saw Sa'luk staring at something. He looked towards where he was starung and gasped.

"Iago!"

Sa'luk started to turn only to be tackled by Cassim.

Cassim pulled out his Hand of Midas dagger and shoved it into Sa'luk's stomach, killing him!

"*That* was for Iago."

Cassim limped over to Iago and gently picked him up.

"Oh Iago."

Suddenly Fashir appeared.

He easily destroyed Jafar and sent Cassim and Iago back to the layer of the Forty Thieves.

Once there he healed them both.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.aladdincentral.org/library/viewstory.php?sid=925