Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The Sorceress of Mandera by MozeXSabra
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
This is my very first Aladdin/Disney fanfiction and I did my best to see that all characters are written correctly according to personality/powers/actions though I feel a couple were not very good. I have re-read my story a few times through and it seems to be ok for the time being. If anyone has comments or questions please feel free to let me know!
It was always dark and lonely in the Land of the Black Sand. The stars were obscured by the thick gray clouds which hung low enough to nearly touch the towers of the castle belonging to the notorious young sorcerer, Mozenrath. Throughout his years of studies and magical attacks on Agrabah, all of his attempts at gaining complete control of all the seven deserts and obtaining the magic and secrets within those kingdoms had been stopped. He was tired of failing, he was tired of Aladdin and his pesky friends, but he also grew weary of the painful days and his nearly sleepless nights. Yes, the young sorcerer suffered many nights; his mind dominated by nightmares and horror filled visions of what could become of him if he failed this or that. Whichever his mind had been set upon.
During this one particular night, he was tossing and turning and yelping so much in his sleep that his pet and servant, Xerxes (an enchanted flying fish) woke him. The young tormented Mozenrath sat up in his bed; his blankets and pillows damp with sweat from his hair and back. Mozenrath wiped his forehead clean and slowly stood from his resting spot.
“Did master have bad dreams again??” Xerxes flew in Mozenrath's direction.
“They won't stop, Xerxes! My nightmares grow into night terrors! I have barely gotten enough rest to last me a full day and my magic weakens at the thought of losing what life I have left in me!!” he took his normal hand and dipped it into a bowl of cool water and washed his face with it then ran a bit through his hair. “When I wander in my nightmares...I appear to know of my surroundings and what goes on throughout...but when I wake up...I forget. All I know is they get worse and my fears and worries throughout my days increase!!” he walked to his stone balcony and stared off into the black horizon if his dark and undead kingdom. “I've tried to seek out every magical treasure, obtaining magic from the genie...even stealing Aladdin's normal and youthful body!!! Alas, he and his crony friends always manage to stop me...and I am running out of ideas...as my life is running out of time.” the cold wind slightly blew into Mozenrath's face.
Xerxes flew around his shoulder comfortingly. “Maybe if master tries again! Maybe if master returns to Agrabah and get Aladdin!!” he stopped talking as he watched Mozenrath effortlessly wave a hand.
“No, Xerxes. I am through with Aladdin.” and Mozenrath went back into his room and sat in his large bone chair; fiddling with some of his alchemy utensils.
Xerxes gasped at his master's words and flew in after him at the thought of his master giving up.
“Master, do not let these nightmares force you to give up! We find a way, master! We will!!”
“Then what, Xerxes? What would you propose I do? Aladdin and his friends know about my unfortunate circumstances...but of course they don't care. If I died tonight that would be one less stress off their shoulders, Xerxes!! You wouldn't understand...no one would understand...no one ever really has!!” a pinch of hurt and disdain glowed about in his black pearly eyes. Xerxes sensed this and flew about again; slinging his slimy tail.
“Master always lonely in castle. Master never have friends. Maybe master jealous that Aladdin have friends? Maybe master try to go to Agrabah...and find friends!”
“I don't need anybody!!!” Mozenrath sneered. “I have fended for myself all my life! I took the power and kingdom of Desdane, I have created a whole undead army, I have survived every outcome I've ever been in with Aladdin and his crew...the nightmares are just a sign of stress...knowing my life is ending...the only thing I need to find is a way out of my misery and then everything will be fine!!!”
“Perhaps, master...but if master go to Agrabah...answer may find you!” Xerxes, although was never usually any help, seemed to help regain a spark of hope in Mozenrath's twisted and exhausted mind.
“I'll go to the market and see what I find...but if tomorrow fails, Xerxes....then I am through with Agrabah for good!”