Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The Sorceress of Mandera by MozeXSabra
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Sabra is a name I used from an old playwrite in the Medeival times called A Christmas Mumming. After working as hard and carefully as I did on my made up character, I wanted her to be beleivable and not just a damnsel in distress nor a cutting edge bad girl either. I wanted to give her heart, weakness, boundaries, longing, and a time of desperation in which her battered spirit goes to the wrong one for help. Knowing that Disney's countries and cities are all made up, I did not want to ruin the fantasy world by claiming Sabra was from Rome or the Mediterranean, but simply gave her a home beyond Greece (where the Galifems dwelled) and in a land of stone and red skies (possibly a volcanic like place with hardly any trees or forms of life. A city of stone)
Sabra is supposed to be a somwhat dark and foreboding character, unlike Mozenrath, she wishes for acceptance, love, and will give away her life for the safety of others.
The following morning in Agrabah, the bazaar opened earlier than usual. The rising sun from the east touched the glittering golden sands as merchants with their wares and camels made way to their places of trade. It became over crowded in the meanwhile; children ran about, couples shared sugar dates, gold jingled about in almost everyone's pockets, and the guards casually kept an eye out for any disturbances. Mozenrath appeared and no one seemed to even notice. He slowly made his entrance and rather blended in with the crowd. His usual snobbish look on his face that he held was almost changed into that of a tired and concentrated loner. Even Xerxes didn't bother speaking to him on the way to the marketplace. Mozenrath continued to walk on through without speaking to anyone or acknowledging anyone's existence but his own and possibly Xerxes'. He didn't even bother to cause trouble or use the magic of his gauntlet to his own advantage. When he wanted something, he bought it. No questions asked. Xerxes felt like he didn't even know Mozenrath and questioned if it was the real one.
“Why do you make that face at me, Xerxes, when I am only here for the answer to find me?” Mozenrath answered softly. “I am taking your advice. I'll hang around...and I only hope you're right for once...” he continued to make way throughout the crowd. For an hour or so things seemed bleak. There seemed to be nothing that Mozenrath was searching for and nothing seemed to come at him as any means of helping him in his time of need. The sun rose higher into the sky and the heat was getting to Mozenrath rather quickly.
“Ugh...I can usually handle anything, but since my nightmares...I've hardly been able to keep my strength up! This heat is like weight upon my shoulders I can't lift!” so he and Xerxes headed towards a stand near the shade. Mozenrath removed his turban for a short while to dry his forehead of the beads of sweat. Xerxes flew before him to make sure he was ok.
“Does master need anything?” he asked.
“Ugh...water, wine, I don't care. Just something wet and to cool me off!” he slumped against the wall drying the sweat from inside of his blue turban when a girl turned the corner and holding a large bucket of cool water.
Mozenrath saw her and said nothing at first. He just watched as she placed the bucket down by the stand he was sitting next to. She appeared to be about his age, maybe younger, and wore an all cream and brown dress and sandals. The veil she wore was rather big and she seemed to be having trouble keeping all of her hair within its confinements.
A peasant, Mozenrath thought to himself. He didn't want to say anything like that aloud or else Xerxes big mouth would have caused trouble. He already bought enough things from the market today anyway and his day didn't seem to appear anymore hopeful than it did last night. Still the heat was making him feel light headed and his hair wasn't getting dryer any faster.
“Hey, water girl! I'll need a drink of that water and fast! I'm practically dying of thirst here!” he called out. The girl turned his way with a brow lifted at his rude behavior. Mozenrath didn't look back at her until he noticed she wasn't moving to his command at all. “Didn't you hear me? I need water!”
“I heard you loud and clear, but in case you haven't noticed I'm a paid worker, not a servant.” her voice was rather forceful but lovely. Even so, Mozenrath felt he was losing his patience.
“Then you'll be paid. But you won't unless I have some of that water! Now hand some over to me or you won't be happy at the outcome!” he watched the girl dip her large spoon into the water and walk in his direction. She handed him the spoon and watched as he dropped his turban on the ground and greedily drink every last drop. When the last drop was gone, Mozenrath exhaled loudly and handed the spoon back to her.
“Feel better?” the girl asked in a slight sarcastic tone.
At first Mozenrath was going to say something he may or may not regret. This girl was getting touchy and he didn't like it...until he noticed her strange eyes and her hair that wouldn't stay completely under her veil. Even her skin was different. He stared for a moment and tried to figure out who and what she was and why she hadn't been arrested for being a trespasser.
“Blue eyes? Red hair? White skin? Heh heh...” he felt himself chuckle; his anger issues slowly melted away.
“Is there a problem? I gave you what you wanted. If you don't pay me, you could very well lose a hand or possibly your head. I don't want any trouble so if you would so kindly pay me and leave, that would be great...” this girl felt very uncomfortable around Mozenrath...and felt even more so when Xerxes flew out from underneath his cloak. “W-what is that?” she pointed at it.
“Ohhh master....you find friend?” he asked.
“Hm hm...look Xerxes! We have a Caucasian among our midst.”
“I don't know who you think you are, but if you don't–” the girl was interrupted.
“Ah-ah. There's no need for that. You'll receive your gold in a moment. But first...allow me to introduce myself. I am Mozenrath, the ruler and all powerful sorcerer of the Land of the Black Sand. I suppose I should thank you for the water...but it won't be nearly enough compared to what I actually need....” Mozenrath felt his ego surface in his mind again.
“The Land of the Black Sand?....” the girl stopped in her words. Mozenrath felt himself grimace at this girl and suddenly having a rush of distrust for her.
“You know of it?” he asked forcefully.
“What?..No, of course not.” the girl answered quickly.
“Sabra! Where are you? I need some help in here!” the girl's boss called out to her from the stand of glittering wares and she glared in Mozenrath's direction. Without a word spoken, the sorcerer flipped a gold coin into her white palms. She caught it without even looking. This caught Mozenrath's eye for some odd reason and he watched her suspiciously as she walked away from his presence. He slowly stroked underneath his chin with a skeptical look in his eyes.
Xerxes looked back and forth from the girl and Mozenrath. “Master! What just happened? What is going on? Is this girl an answer? Is she friend? Foe? What?”
Mozenrath felt the need to silence his aggravating comrade, but instead he placed his turban back onto his head and turned and walked away deep in thought.
“Where we going, master? You not going to give her task? Test? Anything?” Xerxes was confused.
“No, Xerxes...didn't you see her face? Her hair and eyes? She's not one of us! Why would she be here in Agrabah?” Mozenrath didn't understand why he didn't notice her features before drinking the water. It was as if before hand she blended in with the crowd.
“Me not know, sire. Me never seen her before.” Xerxes answered.
“(sigh) That's because we're barely ever here anymore.” Mozenrath replied. “It's strange, however, no one seemed to care to communicate with me until she showed up.”
“Master commanded for water and peasant girl would not give!” Xerxes answered. “She rebelled you, sire. Showed no respect!”
“Typical, especially from a woman of her kind.” Mozenrath scoffed. “But what's strange is...I came for something to find me...and only she took notice. Either way, she did notice me. Would this mean something, Xerxes? Do you think that peasant girl could possibly help me find an answer to regaining my life back?” he faced the flying fish fiend; a crooked smirk formed on his slim white-ish face.
“She does stand out from all others in market, master. Me thinks...to try. Better than capturing Aladdin, Jasmine, and all other of his friends! Perhaps this time, plan not fail...” the slimy creature chuckled along with Mozenrath.
“Yes...I'll use her to my advantage, but I won't do it right away. I must establish trust with her. I must come and go and acknowledge her...let her know...I'm soooo sorry for my attitude today. Heh heh...” Mozenrath chuckled and Xerxes tagged along. “And once she does see me as a trusting and friendly person...I'll lure her into my kingdom...and there will be no way out for her!!”
“But what if she has family, friends...they look for her...search for her!” Xerxes felt a little worried at where Mozenrath's plans were headed.
“I'm sure she'll be more than willing to accept my apology in less than three days....hardly long enough for her friends and family to know who I am...if she has any of course.” Mozenrath pondered. “Now...how to handle plan A...”
“Jewelry!! Girls love jewels and finery!” Xerxes added on. “Dinner, a letter...flowers?”
“Xerxes...I'm establishing trust, I'm not going to take Aladdin's puny example in leading women on...and...” he thought. “Wait a second...hmmm...that might be an idea, Xerxes! Using the girls feelings to my advantage...then when the time is right...”
“You steal her energy?” Xerxes added.
“Hm...too cliché! I may need to return to the castle and search through some spells...I know I said I've tried all of them, but some of them I didn't think I'd be able to use...till now.”
Xerxes followed after Mozenrath to the castle. “Why master not use these spells on the princess?”
“Easy, Xerxes. Aladdin. I knew I wouldn't be able to use them.” he walked on casually out of the marketplace with his sinister plan starting to brew in his mind; a pair of blue eyes slightly watched from a shaded corner.