Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Remember the Magic by MickeyMouser77
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
June 2001
šoš Remember the Magic šoš


Part 1




Setting: Villain?s Lair (found in the Underworld)

Jafar?s lamp flows in to the River of Death and Hades rubs it wishing to get out of the river. The 2nd and 3rd wishes of Hades made them partners and set Jafar free. After that they brought all of the villains back, but they all were trapped in the Underworld. So, after a brief meeting, they decided to take revenge on Mickey Mouse, that way they would rule the Disney World. Then, after a while of planning they decided to put a spell on him, which would put him to sleep until the 12th stroke of midnight on the eve of his 75th birthday.

Now, when the wicked witch made her potion for Mickey, there was a backfire with the potion, and just like any other potion, someone could help Mickey, but it had to be his number one fan and he/she could help him by getting to his side and praising him before the 12th stroke of midnight, but if that person died, Mickey would die instantly. The next thing she knew, everyone was asking her the same question, ?Then wouldn't the next person who was the next biggest fan, become the number one fan??

She answered, ?Only the one when the potion was created will we have to worry about,? and she said that with a broad grin and cackling.

So, once the potion left for Mickey?s house they started working on a potion for the ?lucky? number one fan to separate the soul from the body, because they could only get rid of the soul and that would automatically kill the person all together.



Setting: Mickey?s house (Kitchen)

Minnie is making Mickey?s dinner and a cheesecake for dessert. As she is making the dessert, she turned her back away for a moment to check the time; Pete then quickly slipped in and dumped the potion into the batter and sneaked off giggling to himself. Just as soon as he had left, Mickey walked through the door and Minnie greeted him quickly then went back to making the dessert, so Mickey sat down to relax.



As they sat down to eat, Merlin (at his house) looked into his crystal ball to see the future and saw Mickey taking a bite of the cake, going to bed, lying down, and dying, so he rushed over to Mickey?s house immediately.


As soon as Merlin had left, everything happened just as his crystal ball had predicted, and by the time he had gotten there it was to late and Minnie was weeping by Mickey?s bedside. So Merlin checked his crystal ball to find out exactly what had happened and saw that the villain?s put a spell on him and then looked again, as soon as he had told Minnie, to see what could break the spell. He then saw a teenage girl named, Jessica Cruise, and found out that she was the only one who could break the spell. So, he called on Aladdin and said, ?Go and retrieve her, but only after the villains have given her the potion will you be able to bring her here to rescue Mickey, because only her soul may enter this realm.?



Setting: Jessica?s house (Kitchen)

As Jessica walks into the house her mother is preparing dinner, so she goes up to her room to listen to some music and do her homework. A few minutes later while cooking, when her mother has her back turned to the table, the wicked witch appears and quickly pours the potion into Jessica?s drink and then disappears.

Later, her mother calls for everyone, ?Time for dinner.?

Then, the whole family enters the dinning room and sits down at the table for dinner. Finally, Jessica takes a sip of her drink and feels kind of sleepy. She asks her mother, ?May I please be excused and go up to my bedroom to lie down??

Her mother replied, ?Yes, you may.?

So, Jessica silently leaves the table and goes up to her room.



Setting: Jessica?s room

Her room is covered with Disney things, so much that you can't even see her wallpaper. She then lies down on her bed and turns on her stereo to listen to her Disney music, but can't seem to fall asleep. It was as if some evil force was keeping her awake, not letting her go to sleep. So she started to read some of her books, but still couldn't fall asleep. She eventually just gave up and went back to listening to her stereo, but this time wondering what it would be like to be a Disney character. Soon she grew sad, because she imagined being able to do things that she couldn't do in every day life, and she knew that she could never be a Disney character. She tried again to go to sleep and as she closed her eyes she saw gold pixie dust then Tinker bell flying across her room and when she closed her eyes and opened them again Tinker bell was gone. So Jessica just thought it was a figment of her imagination and closed her eyes trying to go to sleep, again.

Later, after all of her family had gone to sleep, she fell into an eternal slumber, and her body began to glow as her soul separated from her body. Just then a storm arose outside and lightning struck her house shattering her lights, this created a circle of fire around her bed. From that fire arouse a huge cobra, but this was no ordinary cobra it was Jafar, there to destroy her. Just as he had transformed, Jessica woke up to find him starring at her, with an evil grin. As he was about to strike, Aladdin came swooping down and picked her up. As she left she turned into animation and had on a beautiful outfit that looked like Princess Jasmine?s outfit. She was so terrified at first that she didn't know what to do, so she clung to Aladdin for dear life. Slowly she loosened her grip and looked in amazement as she was soaring over Agrabah. Setting: Agrabah

As they flew into Agrabah, Jessica asked, ? What am I doing here and what was Jafar doing in my bedroom??

Aladdin responded, ? The villains are trying to kill Mickey Mouse and you are the only one who can save him. That was why Jafar was in your bedroom, because he was trying to kill you.?

With that, Jessica quickly became scared again and asked Aladdin, ?Why do I have to save him? I mean it is an honor, but why me??

?You are Disney?s number one fan and only Disney?s number one fan can save Mickey from certain death. That is why you are here,? Aladdin replied.

Soon they arrived at the palace and met with Princess Jasmine to discuss what would happen to her for the next week. ?You will stay here for today and tomorrow, go to France to be with Bell for three days, then go stay with Ariel for a day and a half, and then head to Mickey?s house where you have to praise him. While you are here though you will be known as Jasmine?s cousin, Rose. Do you have any questions?? Aladdin explained.

?Why can't we just go to Mickey?s house right now, instead of waiting a week?? Jessica asked.

?They would be expecting that,? answered Jasmine; ? We are keeping you in hiding from them so that way you will be safe.?

?We also want to get you there as close to the last minute as we possibly can, because they can put him back on that same spell and it doesn't end until the 12th stroke of midnight, so just remember that it ends on the 7th night you are here at the 12th stroke of midnight,? added Aladdin.

?Now remember Jessica, you do have the choice to stay here and go on with this mission, although then you will be in danger, but we will try to protect you. You can also return back to your home, so that you will be out of harms way. But, you will never able to return again if you choose to leave,? explained Jasmine.

?So, what is your choice, Jessica?? asked Aladdin.

Jessica didn't need much time to think about her answer, and she quickly responded, ? What kind of a number one fan would I be if I left. Besides, how many people have the opportunity to come into the Disney World and go on an adventure to battle evil and save a world from chaos and destruction. Of course I'll stay and help.?

?Thank you, Jessica. You have no idea how much you are helping out the Disney World and Mickey Mouse,? said Aladdin and he added, ?Now how about we get you settle in, and then we'll fill you in on more things tomorrow.?

So, the rest of the day Jessica rested from her journey, plus she hadn't had sleep for a long time.


The next day Jasmine and Rose went out into the market place to do some shopping. While they were out they talked about what had happened to Mickey Mouse, because everyone in the marketplace was talking about it, and that way they could blend in with everyone else much better. Plus, Rose could find out some more information about what had happened to him, before she arrived. The only problem with talking about Mickey Mouse out in public was that they had to be careful about what they said, because if they said the wrong things it could give Jessica away and they didn't want that to happen.

When they got back, Rose had to leave in an hour, so they decided to relax a little in the courtyard. Then all of a sudden Aladdin came out into the courtyard saying, ?There has been some talk of Jessica being here, so we have to leave right now!?

Jessica then quickly changed into a beautiful dress (like one that would be found in France), then thanked Jasmine, and left with Aladdin to go to France.

Setting: Agrabah

As they flew into Agrabah, Jessica asked, ? What am I doing here and what was Jafar doing in my bedroom??

Aladdin responded, ? The villains are trying to kill Mickey Mouse and you are the only one who can save him. That was why Jafar was in your bedroom, because he was trying to kill you.?

With that, Jessica quickly became scared again and asked Aladdin, ?Why do I have to save him? I mean it is an honor, but why me??

?You are Disney?s number one fan and only Disney?s number one fan can save Mickey from certain death. That is why you are here,? Aladdin replied.

Soon they arrived at the palace and met with Princess Jasmine to discuss what would happen to her for the next week. ?You will stay here for today and tomorrow, go to France to be with Bell for three days, then go stay with Ariel for a day and a half, and then head to Mickey?s house where you have to praise him. While you are here though you will be known as Jasmine?s cousin, Rose. Do you have any questions?? Aladdin explained.

?Why can't we just go to Mickey?s house right now, instead of waiting a week?? Jessica asked.

?They would be expecting that,? answered Jasmine; ? We are keeping you in hiding from them so that way you will be safe.?

?We also want to get you there as close to the last minute as we possibly can, because they can put him back on that same spell and it doesn't end until the 12th stroke of midnight, so just remember that it ends on the 7th night you are here at the 12th stroke of midnight,? added Aladdin.

?Now remember Jessica, you do have the choice to stay here and go on with this mission, although then you will be in danger, but we will try to protect you. You can also return back to your home, so that you will be out of harms way. But, you will never able to return again if you choose to leave,? explained Jasmine.

?So, what is your choice, Jessica?? asked Aladdin.

Jessica didn't need much time to think about her answer, and she quickly responded, ? What kind of a number one fan would I be if I left. Besides, how many people have the opportunity to come into the Disney World and go on an adventure to battle evil and save a world from chaos and destruction. Of course I'll stay and help.?

?Thank you, Jessica. You have no idea how much you are helping out the Disney World and Mickey Mouse,? said Aladdin and he added, ?Now how about we get you settle in, and then we'll fill you in on more things tomorrow.?

So, the rest of the day Jessica rested from her journey, plus she hadn't had sleep for a long time.


The next day Jasmine and Rose went out into the market place to do some shopping. While they were out they talked about what had happened to Mickey Mouse, because everyone in the marketplace was talking about it, and that way they could blend in with everyone else much better. Plus, Rose could find out some more information about what had happened to him, before she arrived. The only problem with talking about Mickey Mouse out in public was that they had to be careful about what they said, because if they said the wrong things it could give Jessica away and they didn't want that to happen.

When they got back, Rose had to leave in an hour, so they decided to relax a little in the courtyard. Then all of a sudden Aladdin came out into the courtyard saying, ?There has been some talk of Jessica being here, so we have to leave right now!?

Jessica then quickly changed into a beautiful dress (like one that would be found in France), then thanked Jasmine, and left with Aladdin to go to France.

Setting: Under the Sea

Soon they were over the ocean and Aladdin said, ?Your new name will be, Rachel,? He then rubbed the lamp and said, ? Genie, turn Rachel into a mermaid for one and half days, but make the spell so that way it can end earlier if necessary.?

Genie said, ? She will be a mermaid for a maximum of one and a half days, but she can only become human earlier if she gets hit by the sun?s rays.?

Instantly, Rachel turned into a mermaid and dove into the ocean where Ariel was waiting. When Rachel met Ariel they ended up being many miles from Atlantica, so that way no one would know that Rachel wasn't a mermaid. They started talking as they swam and Rachel said, ?I can't believe that I have to go back in two days, because I don't want to leave. This is what I have always wanted, to live in a land where Disney rules. All of my dreams are here and when I go back I'll be a girl with no future again and always dream of coming back here.?

? I wish I could do something, but only Mickey has that power and I'm sure he will grant you your wish. After all, you would be saving him and his kingdom,? replied Ariel.

The rest of the day flew by fast and all they did was play games, since Ariel wouldn't let her go on any adventures, incase of anything that could happen to her and people weren't supposed to know that she was here, anyways. That night while everyone was at the fair the two had total control of the palace except for where the guards were, so they ended up going to bed early.

The next day they started out on their journey early while everyone was still asleep, so they wouldn't be noticed. When they got there, Aladdin was running a little late and the spell was beginning to ware off so they had to stay close to the water?s surface encase the spell ended. Soon Aladdin arrived, and not a moment to late for the spell had just ended and she was back in her dress, so they said their good byes and headed for their final destination, Mickey?s house.

On their way Jessica asked, ?Where is David? I thought that you were going to bring him with you.?

Aladdin responded, ?I couldn't pick him up, because I was already running as late as it is,? he paused then added in, ?I'm sorry I'm late, but some people were getting suspicious about my disappearances. So, I had to wait awhile until they weren't looking before I could leave. I do promise, though, that when I drop you off I will go get him and bring him to you.?

? How can I not believe you, that you won't do it, you have put your life at risk for mine, so I shouldn't even be asking this much of you,? said Jessica, apologetically.

?No, it is my pleasure, anyways you are putting your life on the line to save Mickey and everyone else from evil,? replied Aladdin.



Setting: Mickey?s house (Mickey?s Bedroom)

Mickey is still in eternal slumber, Minnie is crying by his bedside, and Merlin is pacing back and forth murmuring to himself, ?Why aren't they here yet, they should have been here by now.?

Just then, they flew in and Aladdin dropped Jessica off and went back to go get David. It is now 5 minutes till midnight. Jessica saw Mickey lying there and knelt by his side, she noticed that he was not moving, not even breathing. Jessica started to cry and utter, ?How could you praise someone who it could take years of praising in 5 minutes. You are so special to everyone. You remind people to remember the magic, because you are every ones? magic. You are a symbol of joy, happiness, and childhood. No one would be happy without you. To quote Walt Disney, ?It was all started by a mouse,? and it did. Without you, Disney would not even exist. So, where would the world be if there was no Mickey Mouse??

After that last sentence Jessica sunk down and started to cry even harder, because she did all that she could do for Mickey Mouse and she had evidently not done enough. With that there was only two minutes left until midnight and then all of a sudden Mickey started to stir and at that instance he answered that very question, ? There would be no joy in the world without me, according to you.?

At that instance Jessica sat up and saw that she had saved Mickey Mouse and was overjoyed that he was alive again and then gave him a big hug. Then everyone started to celebrate, because Mickey was alive again, until a minute later when Hades came in on his chariot and grabbed Jessica, screaming,? I now have a consolation prize, instead of the grand prize, and if she dies before the 12th stroke of midnight, so does Mickey. Then I get both prizes, forever. Not only that, but she will rule with me as my queen and never leave the Underworld, ever again.?

As soon as he had finished talking, Hades was gone, and at that instance everyone went to where no one had ever wanted to go before, to the Underworld.


Setting: Underworld

Jessica was now a prisoner of the villains and after all of Hades talk there was only one minute left. As they set foot on the ground Hades took out a black vile, with a picture of a skull on it, from his robe and opened it up. By then the clock had already begun to strike midnight, and he then said, with enjoyment in his voice, ?Drink this, my beautiful queen.? He then put the vile up to her mouth, but as much as Jessica had struggled to get away and keep her mouth closed, he had finally forced the bottle into her mouth and began to make her drink the potion, after only just 4 strokes after midnight.

Just then Mickey and everyone else appeared, but there was nothing they could do for her, for thou it was to late. So, Mickey yelled, ?Hades let her go and you can have anything you want,? in hope to waste some time, but Hades didn't budge the vile.

He then said, ?But, I have already got what I wanted, right here in my hands and soon she will be mine forever.?



Setting: Mickey?s house

When Aladdin arrived at Mickey?s house with David, they were surprised to see that everyone was gone, even Mickey, which meant that he was alive. ?Since Mickey is alive,? Aladdin started, ?the villains must know that he is alive and they must have gotten a hold of Jessica. So, we must go down to the Underworld to see if we can save her in time.?

So, without a moment to spare they headed as fast as they could for the Underworld in hope that they were not too late, but little did they know that they were already too late and Jessica was doomed to being Hades?s queen, forever.



Setting: Underworld

With 3 strokes left, Jessica had finished the potion and fallen to the ground. Everyone was wondering why Mickey hadn't fallen, then all of a sudden Jessica began to whisper, ? My strength has left all of my body, except my heart and I will not die until Mickey is safe from har...? and with that the clock hit the 12th stroke of midnight and Jessica was dead.

Mickey, on the other hand, was alive, so she had completed her mission.

Just then Aladdin flew in with David, only to find that everyone one was crying, because Jessica was dead, and she had sacrificed her life for everyone elses? life. David gasped, then started to cry and whimper, ?No, it can't be true. Jessica is not dead. She just can't be gone.?

A second later Jessica?s body disappeared and stood next to Hades in a gloomy dress with a crown of gold on her head, and everybody remembered that Hades had declared her as his queen. David gasped at his love?s pale and unhappy face, since he did not know what had happened, until he saw the crown on her head. He slowly stepped up to her, but Hades stepped in his way, then seeing Mickey?s face, he stepped back. Then David softly spoke to her,? Aladdin tried to get me here as fast as he could, but I guess I am to late and I did not live up to my promise. I am sorry about that and if I could I would turn back the clock, so that way I would have been there to save you,? he paused then whispered in her ear, ?I Love You!? then kissed her on the lips.

Jessica?s crown then fell to the ground as Jessica fell into David?s arms, and Hades cried, 'You might have broken the spell, but now she will be weaker, die sooner, and she will be mine.?

With that, they all appeared in Mickey?s house.



As soon as they were gone, though, the Wicked Witch came out and asked,? What went wrong with the potion? Why isn't Mickey dead??

Hades then looked in the vile and there was one last drop in it and he said, ?She didn't drink the last drop, that is why she was able to save him.?

Then she said, ?But, we can still get her, I put something else in her potion, incase this plan backfired, so that way we can control what she does. Also, with her at our control we can destroy Mickey. That way you will get a queen and the villains will rule the Disney World.?

With that they both started laughing happily, as they knew that their new plan would not fail them this time.

Setting: Mickey?s house

Jessica was now in Mickey?s bed and slowly coming to. She softly asked David, ?What happened? The last thing I remember was, that I was drinking Hades?s potion and Mickey... Mickey! What Happened to Mickey??

Mickey slowly walked over and answered, ?I'm fine. You have saved my life and the future of the Disney World. We are all very grateful for what you have done for every single one of us.?

Then David interrupted, ?You were Hades?s queen when you finished the potion and I broke the spell with true love?s first kiss, but now you have become weaker, because of the potion that was given to you. So, right now you need to rest,? and he kept the part about her dying sooner and becoming Hades?s queen forever a secrete from her, so as not to frighten her.

Jessica motioned for David to come closer, then whispered in his ear, ?I Love You!? and kissed him.

As she fell asleep, Mickey remembered that Hades vowed to get Jessica as his queen, and she heard him telling some people, ?Put up a strong barrier between the Disney World and the Underworld, so that way no villain can ever come into this realm ever again and try to get rid of Jessica, me, or anyone else,? and with that Jessica fell asleep and the next thing she knew was that she was in her own bed.

Setting: Jessica?s bedroom

Jessica rose up in her bed, gasping, only to see that it was 5 in the morning. ?It must have only been a dream, but it all seemed so real!? she cried.

Then she looked down at the floor and saw a note that read:


Jessica,

I wanted to thank you again for what you have done for us. Everyone appreciates the risks that you took to save my life, especially me. David also sends his regards to you and misses you terribly. I have a surprise for you when come back to see us. Just remember if you do ever want to come back and see us, just sing the phrase, ?When you a star wish upon a star,? and you will be in the Disney World for as long as you want to stay here.

Your devoted friend,
Mickey Mouse


At that instant Jessica felt relieved that it wasn't a dream and did what Mickey said, ?Well Mickey, I guess I'm coming home,? she said.

So, she sang, ?When you wish upon a star,? and the next thing she knew she was in a gorgeous gown in Mickey?s house with David holding her so close so that way she would never leave his side again.



Setting: Mickey?s house

Mickey then spoke up and said, ?You have proved that you are devoted to Disney, so I will now grant you your wish, told to me by Ariel, for you to live here for the rest of your life and the world will act as if you have been a character forever and never a real person, but you will still be my number one fan and never have to deal with the villains (in the underworld, at least) ever again, since I have asked some people to put up a strong barrier between the two realms, so that way everyone will be safe. Also, I have a special necklace for you, which will show what you have done for me,? with that he slipped the gold chain, with Mickey profiles, over her head and let it rest around her neck.

With that everyone rejoiced (because they were now safe from the villains), but no one was as happy as Jessica or David who were still embracing each other. Then Mickey?s celebration continued with the honored guest now there with her true love and ?They Lived Happily Ever After? for the time being.