Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Test of True Love II by Soohe
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
~I wanted to do something similar to the same story outline of my first story, Test of True Love, but with new twists. It's not a sequel but I named it Test of True Love II because I was thinking to start a series of stories with Aladdin and Jasmine. Please let me know what you think! Any comments/suggestions welcome ^.^
Test of True Love II

By

Soohe


“I’ll always be there for you Jasmine.”

Prologue

Aladdin held Jasmine’s hand closer, his eyes openly reflecting the love he felt for her.

The Princess smiled softly as his simple words echoed within her heart, staying somewhere sacred. She longed to capture the moment to forever lock the memory deep in the pages of her own happiness...A happiness she never dreamed would be stolen away.

She nudged him playfully, unable to hide her own amusement.

“Oh Aladdin...you never run out of corny lines do you?” Jasmine replied suppressing a laugh. She leaned forward and gently rested her head on his shoulder, sighing peacefully in his embrace. The sun was finally setting in the distance, casting sapphire and ruby rays across the desert sky.

“You love them, ”Aladdin added with a slight boyish grin as he wrapped his arms protectively around her.

The day was fading into a cooler, darker night. Jasmine felt a nagging fear tug at the warmth Aladdin had always offered her through every spell, curse, monster, and sorcerer they had faced in the past.

She looked at him silently, a new seriousness overshadowing the playfulness in her voice.

“Do you think we’ll make it? Do you think our love is enough?”

Her words hung questioningly in the air and time seemed to suspend as she waited breathlessly for his answer.

Aladdin sensed the edge of worry hidden thinly in the veil of fears she always tried to mask with strength. He reached out and lifted her chin, his touch tender.

“We’ll make it as long as we face the future together....” His eyes searched hers and he saw doubt shining deep in her hazel eyes. He lightly kissed her forehead, whispering in her ear.

“Happily ever after is just a promise meant for fairy tales Jasmine....real love has more sides to it...But I always wish for your happiness more then anything.”


Jasmine closed her eyes, his words waiting patiently for her to one day understand. She spoke with her eyes closed, the stillness in her heart finally settling.


“I trust in us....I love you, Aladdin.”



Present

Jasmine lost herself in the darkness swirling beyond the horizon...Black sands blanketed the desert as far as her hazel eyes could reach. A deeper coolness brushed her heart as a deadly silence shadowed the lands of its ruler, any sign of life long extinguished.


She wondered if there was a place past the land of the dead....one where light reflected more then the emptiness she had always held as far back as she could remember.


No love could be given to the one she had once spoken sacred vows of marriage to....It was only a dream she wished every night to wake up from.

The sound of the door opening to her room awakened Jasmine from her thoughts as she turned to meet the eyes of her husband.


Mozenrath.