Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Magic Bound Book 1: Necromancers, Annoyances, And Enemies by EvilIncarnateForever
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
(A/N): Next chapter will be in Shani's POV! Yeah, it's short, but it's something and I had to post during my free time at tech.
~Kathryn's POV~

I glare at the Necromancer, teeth showing and a low threatening growl filling the library. He had just caused me to hit a stone wall all the way across the room with a single spell. His expression darkens in anger and frustration. "I don't get it," he says in a low voice," you can master harder spells in five minutes yet you can't comprehend a simple defensive spell?" His hands clench into fists, the gauntleted hand glowing a furious red. I stand, trying to raise the magical shield I've been studying about all week; once it's up I can see it fading in and out. A black and indigo ball of magic is hurtled at me. Instinctively I raise my arms to shield my face and close my eyes, expecting to meet with the wall again. Instead of pain, I feel a slight tingle. "It's about time!" Upon opening my eyes I see my shield is finally working.

As expected for an evil-doer I do a happy dance, hopping around the library and letting out a girly squeal. Mozenrath responds to it by rolling his eyes and sitting at his desk with his flying eel familiar, Xerxes. Xerxes laughs at my display, curling about his master's shoulders. I walk over to the pair, a smug look on my face. "What's wrong, Wonder Boy, I thought you'd be happy I did it." He smirks, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulls me down onto his lap. He raises his head and presses his soft lips to my own. "I'll take that as a 'very good job, Kat, go and enjoy yourself.'" A hopeful light enters my dark eyes as I give Mozenrath my best puppy dog face. "Puh-wease, Moze!"

"And what would you do?" I give a mysterious smile before answering.

"Practice my teleportation." Moze takes one of my hands in his own, rubbing the top with his thumb. I found out a few days ago that my magic is drawn to his, creating an attraction between the two users: us. It was sexual for the most part and our nights were spent doing thing much more interesting than sleeping. "Come on, I won't be gone too long!"

"Where will you be going?" I squeal again, knowing that question means yes. He winces at the girly sound, not expecting it in the slightest when I was so close to him. "Answer the question."

"I wanna go see my twin and tell her 'bout some stuff." He raises an eyebrow in silent question. I chuckle nervously, fiddling with the edge of his cloak. "You know… girl stuff." Another questioning look. "Makeup, clothes, magic, shopping, sex, phones, food, books, chocolate…." The look on his face is priceless and I know that's the perfect opportunity to teleport out of there and straight to Agrabah. Heh, I love shocking him! He just makes it so easy and nearly impossible to pass up. Just the other day I got him when I said shut the front door and the day before that I started quoting the Hunger Games. He didn't understand why I kept calling him Haymitch while he was drinking wine–it just made it all more satisfying!

~Shani's POV~

I was walking through the menagerie with Genie, learning the names of flowers that hold the power to heal, when my twin lands on my back–knocking me to the ground. Yeah, not the way I wanted to start my afternoon! Groaning, I push Kathryn off and get up. What is with her and landing on people? Just last week she landed on Rasoul and disappeared just in time for me to round the corner and be blamed! I think she plans this or something. "What the hell are you doing," I yell, tired of her sudden appearances. She shrugs her shoulders after checking to make sure she was in one piece; settling back on the path to appear like she meant for it to happen this way. "Kat! What. Are. You. Doing?"

"Oh," she answers breathlessly," a little of this, a little of that; all very Dark stuff." I roll my eyes, getting up and dusting off the front of my light pink skirt. "Anyway, I just wanted to come see my favorite sister, you know, make sure you're okay and all that mushy stuff." I cross my arms, looking at her disbelievingly. Kat wasn't one to just pop in and check up on people, she always has an ulterior motive.

"That's nice, now why are you really here?" The confident smile on her face falters slightly as she looks from me to Genie. She rubs one of her arms where a purple/black bruise was showing plainly against her pale skin. "What the hell happened to you?" Realizing what I had seen she quickly covers the bruise with her hand.

"I get bruises sometimes from practice, it's nothing."

"Bull, tell me the truth!" I hate it when she tries to lie to me, it never works. Her eyes show the anger and embarrassment that she feels.

"I'm not lying; Mozenrath actually has me trying to protect myself when we practice! It's not all about being careful and picking flowers like it is here, you know, we actually work!" My fists clench and unclench in frustration. It would do me no good to give her a black eye, though I would feel a lot better. "Moze was right, even if we tell the truth you guys don't believe us because we're the "bad guys" and I'm tired of it!" Before I can tell her to calm down she disappears in a small cloud of purple smoke.

"God, she's too easily influenced," I tell Genie, shaking my head and going back to what I was doing earlier. Genie stares at the spot my twin was just a second ago before returning to teaching me about the plants around us. I knew she'd be fine once she had calmed down, but her time with Mozenrath has changed her somehow; she seems more emotional than she was the last time I saw her. What has that sorcerer done to her? I shake my head again, not wanting to think about it too much when I need to focus on my studies. In an hour's time I have to meet with Aladdin to practice defending myself without using magic.

~*Later that night*~

I flop backwards onto my bed, everything hurting from the exercises Aladdin made me do and I know it's going to be worse tomorrow morning. Carefully, I sit up and start towards my personal bath, gladly relaxing in the warm water. I'll use a simple soothing spell in the morning so that I won't be too sore to even leave my bed. After washing my hair and body I dry off and dress, starting back to my room. "Shani." The unexpected voice makes me jump and turn around, facing Mozenrath. His normally cool demeanor has been replaced with an intense rage, the magic surrounding him makes me take a step back in case he lost control of it. Something is missing though. "Is she here?" My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion, not understanding who he's talking about.

"Is who here?" Mozenrath is shaking, gloved hand clenched and glowing faintly. Slowly it all begins to sink in and I realize just what, or rather who, is not here.

"Kathryn's missing."