Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Magic Bound Book 1: Necromancers, Annoyances, And Enemies by EvilIncarnateForever
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
~Kathryn's POV~

Groaning, I ignore the throbbing pain in my head as I look around me. This is certainly notthe citadel or the palace in Agrabah, so where the hell am I? The room is made up of dark stone and marble–a large desk is across from the chains holding me to the wall, a small black snake curled up in one corner of it. I can't see anyone else in the room, even with the light the torches provide. I try to remember what happened before I was brought here; I was fighting with Shani, tried to transport out of there...and then nothing, everything went blank. "You're finally awake." I jump at the voice, looking around and still unable to see the man who spoke. It was familiar, but not recognizable.

"Where am I?" The invisible man chuckles, a sound that sends shivers down my spine. It reminds me so much of Mozenrath, yet it holds a darker edge–more sinister somehow. He seems to appear out of nowhere, as if he was a shadow merely seconds ago. "Who are you?" He's got a light tan, full lips, and gold almond-shaped eyes that danced with mischief. He walks up to me, tracing my jaw line with one of his long fingers. His black hair stops just above his shoulders, his bangs hanging in his eyes until he flips his head to the side.

"I've acquired many names, though Apophis is one of my favorites." The name sounds familiar, but not familiar enough to ring a bell. "I guess I'm not as popularas other gods, but I plan on winning soon, and you will help me." His face distorts slightly as lightning flashes, looking like that of a snake before returning to normal. His golden eyes hold a hint of green in them now. Wait a second; a snake, god, unpopular, and wanting to win–all descriptions of Apep, an Egyptian god that was associated with darkness and chaos. That's just great.

"How do you expect me to help you?" Maybe if I keep him talking I could find a way to escape. He gives me a large smile, hands behind his back as he walks towards his desk.

"I need a magical vessel that can hold my essence minus the small problem of it exploding." So, this is going to be like in Supernatural when Lucifer wears Sam to the big showdown? "And having you here means my vessel will be here soon as well and we can get this show on the road. The other reason I need you here is so that I can absorb your magic to make my vessel even stronger; you do know who my vessel is, don't you?"

"Let me see, you're the god associated with darkness and chaos, considered a demon, and you have an enormous ego–I think I'll go with Mozenrath." He spins on his heel to face me, half-sitting on his desk with his arms outstretched like those TV hosts that give out cars and Hawaiian vacations.

"Ding, ding, ding–we have a winner, tell the girl what she's won!" I roll my eyes skyward, feeling agitated that he was somehow blocking me from using my magic. "Anyway, Ra and I are planning to have one of our famous fights, and if I win there will be no more sun; isn't that just great?" Oh yeah, freaking fantastic.

~Shani's POV~

"What do you mean my sister's missing?" Mozenrath sighs in exasperation as I repeat that question for the tenth time. Aladdin runs a hand through his thick hair, brown eyes filled with concern. Kat may have been one of the bad guys, but he was still worried about her safety. "I mean, she can't have just vanishedfor crying out loud!" I collapse back onto my bed, inhaling a long, shaky breath to try calm down.

"She came here after she completed her lesson and has yet to come back," Mozenrath says through gritted teeth. "That was three hours ago! Genie, have you been able to track her yet?" My big blue friend shakes his head sadly, holding a giant magnifying glass. "I should've known as much, you're useless when it comes to this." His dark eyes close as he attempts to focus on Kat. This would wear him out and he wanted it to be used as a last resort. If he could find her then him, Aladdin, and I would go track her down. We didn't need a big party bursting in and possibly getting her killed.

Jafar Junior's eyes open and he latches onto Aladdin's and my wrists. We vanish in a bit of blue smoke; when we reappear, we're in a dark room lit by torches. "Kat," I call out softly. There's a quiet moan behind us. I turn quickly and find my twin chained to the wall looking drained. "Kat!" Mozenrath cups her face in his hands as he assesses the extent of her injuries.

"At last," booms a happy voice behind us," our last guests have arrived! Time for the fun to start."

Information:

Apophis is an evil god in ancient Egyptian religion, the deification of darkness and chaos and thus opponent of light; Apophis was viewed as the greatest enemy of Ra. As the personification of all that was evil, Apophis was seen as a giant snake/serpent