Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
My Life For Yours by MysticMeg
[Reviews - 2] Printer

- Text Size +
MY LIFE FOR YOURS
A Disney’s Aladdin fan fiction

The sun started to set in the small city of Agrabah. The sun dipped behind the tall dunes and cliffs at the outskirts, and the moon began to take its place. The sun’s rays tried to give off their last bit of warmth, before they too were taken over by the stars. The moon was a crescent moon, and it didn’t give out much light, and the stars barely shined due to the large cloud overcast. The cool gusts became very noticeable now that there was no sun to warm them up.

The people of Agrabah all closed their doors, after their children had come in from playing. They lit their candles, and started on their evening meal. The animals started curling up in their stalls, to block out the wind, and soon enough, the city was silent.

**~**~**~**

Jasmine stood on her balcony, and looked out over the peaceful city. She sighed happily, and wrapped her sheer robe around her shoulders to keep out the cold. The city had been calm for nearly a month straight now, and she had been able to relax. She liked this feeling, because she knew that it was few and far between that she got to feel it. Suddenly, Jasmine felt someone staring at her. She turned quickly to look at the entrance into her and Aladdin’s bedroom.

Aladdin stood at the entrance, and the silk hangings blew softly behind him. He turned a deep red when he realized he had been caught. Jasmine giggled quietly at his embarrassment, and put her hands on her hips.

“How long have you been standing there?” she asked, trying not to smile.

“Not long, you just looked content,” Aladdin replied coming over to stand next to her. He looked back out over the city himself, and smiled. “It sure has been peaceful since the wedding.”

“Don’t jinx it. I like the city this way, and I like the relax time that we have all gotten here recently,” Jasmine replied, heading back into her room. She sat down at her vanity, and started to take the bands out of her hair.

Aladdin followed her, and laid down on their bed, “I know, I like the peace too, but it’s just been so quiet in the palace. I sometimes feel like it isn’t the same place anymore.”

“That’s because Iago isn’t here anymore,” Jasmine joked. She finished brushing her hair, and picked up her clothes for the night. She slipped them on behind the dressing screen.

“Yeah, that’s true. Abu has even missed him,” Aladdin joked back. He pulled down the bed sheets, and jumped into the bed. He placed his father’s dagger on his nightstand, and blew out the lamp fire.

Jasmine came back out, and placed her clothes in a basin next to her wardrobe. She crawled into the bed next to Aladdin, and blew out the lamp on her side. Aladdin rolled over and put his hands around her waist. “Good night,” he yawned.

Jasmine sighed, and let her eyes adjust to the darkness. Before she knew it, she could hear Aladdin’s heavy breathing, letting her know that he had fallen asleep. Jasmine smiled to herself, and closed her eyes. She slowly let sleep take her over, and the cool gusts lull her to sleep.

**~**~**~**

A few hours a loud CRASH echoed throughout Aladdin and Jasmine’s room. Aladdin’s eyes shot open, and he sat straight up. He waited for his eyes to adjust to the darkness to look around for the cause of the crash.

Jasmine did the same, and held onto Aladdin’s arm from instinct. She could feel him tense up, and she knew he was scared. Knowing that Aladdin was scared made Jasmine even more worried.

“Who’s there?” Aladdin called into the darkness. There was no response except for the cool wind blowing the silk hangings back and forth.

“Aladdin, there’s something in here,” Jasmine whispered. She could feel another presence in the room. She shivered, and held tighter to Aladdin’s arm. Aladdin grabbed her hand, and tried to comfort her.

“I think the wind just knocked over one of the flower vases. We can get it in the morning, let’s just get back-,” he stopped talking suddenly. He tensed up again, and Jasmine felt it. She was about to ask why, but she stopped herself. She could hear it too; a soft growling sound came from the corner of the room.

Aladdin slowly put himself in front of Jasmine, “Don’t move,” he ordered. Jasmine did as she was told. Aladdin reached out for the lamp that was on his nightstand. His hand was just about to touch it when something jumped out from the shadows and knocked him back.

Jasmine screamed as the creature attacked Aladdin. She had never seen such an animal. It looked almost like a jackal, but much larger. Its eyes were glowing with a bright yellow, and its teeth were sharp. It tore at Aladdin with his paws, and Aladdin desperately tried to fight it off.

Jasmine regained composure over her body, and jumped off the bed. She ran around to Aladdin’s side, and grabbed for the lamp. The creature turned its attention away from Aladdin and onto Jasmine. It swiped at her with its massive paws, and hit her across the stomach.

Jasmine cried out as the pain shot up her whole body. She grabbed the lamp, and jumped out of the way before the creature cold get another blow in. Aladdin saw that the creature was after Jasmine, and tackled it, jumping on its back.

The creature howled, and bucked trying to know Aladdin off. Aladdin held on to the creature’s fur for dear life, trying not to swing into its mouth range.

Jasmine rubbed at the lamp furiously, and a great cloud of smoke appeared. The Genie yawned loudly, and blinked his eyes, “Ok Al, I want my own room-,” he stopped suddenly when he saw Jasmine.

“Genie, could you do something please,” Aladdin pleaded with gritted teeth as he kept bucking with the creature. Suddenly, he let go, and was thrown across the room. He ran over to Jasmine.

“Whoa, this is one big doggie,” Genie remarked. He transformed into a cowboy’s outfit, and began swinging a lasso. He roped the creature around the neck, and pulled tight.

The creature howled once again, and started thrashing about. Genie held on desperately as he was twirled around, knocking everything over.

Aladdin and Jasmine watched as the Genie went flying into an adjacent wall, and cringed when they heard the terrible crack.

“I’m okay,” Genie said, as he lingered around the room, trying to catch his balance. The creature turned its attention back to Aladdin, and started running towards him. Aladdin separated himself from Jasmine by pushing her and himself away from each other. The creature backed Aladdin up into a wall, and growled at him.

“Aladdin,” Jasmine called. She tried to pick herself up, but the pain in her stomach wouldn’t allow her.

The creature was about to attack Aladdin when Genie appeared between them. He turned himself into a medal shield, and the creature swiped it hard. Genie gaped at the deep claw marks the creature left, “Whoa, this thing can cut through steel like butter.” He looked back up, “Alright, you’ve been a bad puppy!” he scolded. The creature howled again in anger as the Genie trapped him inside a giant doghouse. There was no way out, as the creature banged hard against his trap.

“Thanks Genie,” Aladdin said as he picked himself up.

“Don’t thank me yet, I still have to take this thing to the pound,” the Genie returned. He was about to pick up the house when he heard a loud crash. The creature howled in defeat as he ran for the balcony.

Aladdin and Genie could do nothing but watch as the creature jumped off the balcony. They ran to the balcony’s side, and looked down. The creature was no where to be seen.

“He vanished,” Aladdin determined, still confused.

“But where did he come from?” Genie asked.

“I don’t know, Jasmine and I were-,” Aladdin looked up suddenly, “Jasmine!” He ran back into the bedroom, and over to Jasmine’s side. Jasmine sat next to the wall, holding her side. Blood stained the floor around her, and her clothes.

“Aladdin, is it gone?” Jasmine asked, taking in heavy breaths.

Aladdin cringed as he picked her up, “Genie, go get help!” he ordered, and Genie raced out of the room as fast as he could. Aladdin placed Jasmine down on one of the couches. He ripped his sleeve off and wrapped it around her waist to stop the bleeding. Jasmine shivered at his touch.

“Aladdin, what was that thing?” Jasmine asked, sitting up.

Aladdin finished wrapping her up, “I have no idea.”

“Well, apparently it was after you,” Jasmine responded, pointing back at the Genie’s lamp.

Aladdin thought for a moment, “Who or what could be powerful enough to control something like that?”

Jasmine looked up at him, and then they both answered in unison, “Mozenrath.”

“That treacherous snake,” Jasmine whispered, standing up.

Aladdin helped her up, “Yeah, so much for it being peaceful.”

“It was good while it lasted,” Jasmine replied. The doors slammed open, and a palace physician and the Sultan came running in. Genie followed, carrying a sleep deprived Abu.

“Dearest, what happened?” the Sultan asked as the palace physician took off the bloody tourniquet Aladdin had placed.

“Mozenrath sent some creature to attack Aladdin,” Jasmine responded, wincing as the physician poked at her injury.

“Mozenrath did this?” the Genie asked, and his head turned to that of Mozenrath’s.

The palace physician finished bandaging Jasmine up, “You’re lucky your highness, any deeper and you would have bled to death.”
Jasmine thanked him, and he left the room. “Mozenrath will not get away with this,” Aladdin promised.

“Aladdin, why didn’t you let the doctor look at you,” Jasmine asked as she pointed out his arms. The creature had left many deep claw marks all over his body, from when he was trying to fight him off.

“Ah, Jasmine, they’re just scratches. I’ll be soar for a couple days, that’s all,” Aladdin shrugged it off.

“Well, then we’re not going after Mozenrath for a few more days,” the Genie demanded. He transported Aladdin back to the bed, Jasmine following after. “What you guys need is your rest,” he said transforming into a grandmother looking woman.

“But the room, it’s a disaster,” Jasmine began to protest.

“We’ll take care of it in the morning, dearest,” the Sultan returned. He kissed his daughter on the forehead, “We’ll settle everything tomorrow.” He headed out of the door.

Jasmine smiled, and sunk back into the soft pillows. “Well, until tomorrow,” the Genie said as he zipped back into his lamp. Aladdin again slipped back under the covers, and went to put his arm around Jasmine. Jasmine yelped at the pain from the pressure of his arm, and Aladdin immediately removed it.

“Sorry,” he blushed, and put his arm at his side.

Jasmine smiled uneasily, “It’s alright, I’ll have to get used to it just as well as you. I’m going to kill Mozenrath for this.”

Aladdin frowned as he laid back down. Jasmine waited to hear his heavy breathing, but it never came. Aladdin just laid there and looked up at the ceiling. It was nearly dawn before either of them fell asleep.

**~**~**~**

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN’T KILL ALADDIN?” Mozenrath yelled at the creature who cowered before him.

“I’m sorry master, but the Genie-.”

“I don’t want any excuses. Now thanks to you, Aladdin must know that I’m after him!” Mozenrath interrupted. His gauntlet began to glow, and the creature’s eyes widened.

“No, master please. Give me another try, I promise this time I will not fail,” the creature pleaded, cowering from the glow.

“You want another chance! How can I give you another chance? Aladdin is probably on his way here right now!” Mozenrath scolded, anger taking over his whole face. Suddenly, his face softened, and he lowered his gauntlet. “Wait,” he almost whispered, “maybe that’s what I need. You always fight better on your own turf, right?”

The creature just looked up at Mozenrath totally confused; he nodded, hoping it would keep him from being beaten.

“Right, so if Aladdin comes here, I’ll have the upper… umm… hand,” he laughed as he looked back down on his gauntlet. The creature started to laugh with him when Mozenrath stopped suddenly. “Listen up, because you’re only getting one more chance!” The creature immediately stopped laughing and waited for Mozenrath’s orders. “You will kill Aladdin when he comes for me, and you will deliver the genie to me personally.”

“Yes master,” the creature obeyed.

“Oh, and Garen, as soon as the task is completed, you will have your freedom back, but if you don’t,” Mozenrath’s gauntlet began to glow. Garen cringed, and started to walk faster out of the throne room.

“Master trust Garen?” Xerxes asked as he swam around his master’s neck.

“A man will do anything for his freedom,” Mozenrath answered, “and he’ll do anything to get what he wants.” Mozenrath looked down at his gauntlet, and Xerxes swam to the side.

**~**~**~**

The sun was high in the sky before Aladdin and Jasmine finally decided to get up. Aladdin yawned, and blinked his eyes. He cringed as the thoughts of the night came back to him, and turned to check on Jasmine.
Jasmine felt the sudden movement, and sighed. She gingerly tried to get up, grimacing at the pain in her stomach. Aladdin grabbed her arm and shoulder and set up against the bed. Jasmine kept from crying out, and leaned on Aladdin for support as she slid up on the sheets.

“Good morning,” he whispered. He kissed her hard on the lips, and Jasmine’s face turned bright red.

“Wow, well, that was refreshing,” Jasmine said wiping her lips.

“What time do you think it is?” Aladdin asked, climbing out of bed.

Jasmine peered out towards the balcony, “By the looks of it, it has to be around noon.”

Aladdin slid on his pants, and vest. Jasmine crawled out of bed, and headed towards her vanity. She brushed her hair out, and put the bands back in.

Aladdin’s stomach growled and he glanced back at Jasmine. “I’m hungry too, it will just take me a few hours until I can get down to the dining hall,” Jasmine joked as she stood up.

“Not necessarily,” Aladdin said and whistled for Carpet. Carpet came swooping through the balcony entrance, and floated in mid-air next to Jasmine. Aladdin helped her on, and jumped on after. Carpet was about to leave when Jasmine stopped it.

“Wait, what about Genie?” she asked.

Aladdin looked back at the lamp on his nightstand, “He’ll be alright for now. Let him get a few more hours sleep.” Carpet took off of the balcony, and down towards the breakfast hall.

**~**~**~**

“Dearest, you made it!” the Sultan exclaimed as he ran over to the couple jumping off of Carpet. “I’m sure you must be starved, I have made the servants keep the food warm.”

Aladdin and Jasmine helped each other to their seats, and sat down. “Thank you Sultan,” Aladdin said as he swallowed a bite of food.

“You’re welcome my boy,” the Sultan replied. He sat at the head of the table, and started to make another plate. “Now, Aladdin, do you expect that Mozenrath will make another attack soon?”

Aladdin seemed shocked by the question, “Well, your highness, I have no idea. Actually, I had planned on going after him myself in a few days.”

“After, I have healed,” Jasmine added.

The Sultan dropped his fork at this statement, “Dearest, you plan on going with Aladdin on this little, umm… adventure?”

“You do?” Aladdin asked right after.

Jasmine seemed stunned at their surprise, “Of course I’m going.”

“But, dearest, you’re hurt and-.”

“I’m a fast healer,” Jasmine finished.

“Jasmine, I know how much you want revenge on Mozenrath, but I-,”

“You can’t defeat him alone,” Jasmine finished his sentence also.

Aladdin began to argue, “I won’t be alone; Genie will be with me.”

“Aladdin, please, let me come. I can be of some help; do you really think I’ll tie you down that much?” Jasmine asked, as hurt and anger welled up in her voice.

“Jasmine, you know that’s not it. I mean, but if something happens to you, and I know I could have stopped it, I don’t know what I would do,” Aladdin returned, trying to calm her down.

“And how do you think I would feel if you got hurt, and I sat back here at the palace like a pathetic little woman!” Jasmine yelled, trying to keep from straining her stomach.

Aladdin looked back down at his plate, “I never thought about it that way.”

“There’s no use arguing with her, my boy. She’s got that look,” the Sultan warned. He got up from the table and stormed out the door.

Jasmine ignored him, and kept glaring at Aladdin who was trying to avoid her icy stare. He twisted in his seat like a little kid, trying to find a way to escape like the Sultan had done.

“Aladdin, please try to understand. All these adventures that I have missed because you didn’t think it was safe for me have almost torn me apart. All the waiting, and not knowing, and wondering if you would ever come back. We’re married now, and I don’t plan on standing aside from now on.” Jasmine said, lowering her voice.

Aladdin sighed, and a smile crept up on his face, “Alright Jasmine, alright. You’re right, and I’m sorry that I made you feel incapable before.”

Jasmine couldn’t believe he was smiling, “Let’s go to the gardens. It’s cold up here, and it looks peaceful down there now.”

Aladdin followed her onto Carpet. The rug soared down through the windows, and down to the fountain below.

**~**~**~**

Mozenrath smirked as he watched the couple soar out of the dining hall. “So, he’s planning on bringing the princess,” he laughed. “This is perfect!”

“Master, I do not understand,” Garen interrupted, “if Aladdin brings another person, it makes our jobs so much harder.”

Mozenrath glared at the creature before him, “I wanted Aladdin dead, and your job was to make his death quick, but you messed that up. Now, I have the chance to kill Aladdin slowly, by making him watch all of his friends destroyed.”

Garen cringed at Mozenrath’s cruel intentions, “You want me to kill the princess too?”

“Yes Garen, and the monkey, and that stupid flying rug,” Mozenrath answered. “But, make sure that Aladdin watches as you kill the princess. Then, by that time, he’ll be too destroyed to even try and fight me when I take his genie.”

Garen turned to leave the throne room once again, and heard Xerxes and Mozenrath laughing filling the large halls. “What a man wouldn’t do for his freedom,” he whispered, and curled up in a ball in his chambers.

**~**~**~**

Almost a week had passed since the creature had attacked Aladdin and Jasmine in their room. Aladdin had fully healed except for tiny scars from the claw marks. Jasmine had healed to the point she could move around freely, with very minimum pain in her stomach. They were well rested, and ready to take on Mozenrath. They decided night would be the best time, disregarding that it is always dark in the Land of the Black Sand.

Aladdin started to dress for the adventure in the on suite, while Jasmine dressed in the bedroom. She grabbed her whip from a chest in the room, and added it to her black outfit.

Aladdin came out of the room, pulling on his cape. He grabbed a sword and his father’s dagger from his nightstand, and placed them in his sash. He looked over at Jasmine who was trying to hide the nearly invisible scar with her hands.

“Are you sure you want to do this Jasmine?” Aladdin asked her, as he finished tying his cape.

Jasmine looked up with a determined look, “There’s no reason to even ask me that.”

Aladdin just laughed, and Genie poofed out of his lamp. He wore a marauder outfit, and held a freshly sharpened scimitar. “Alright guys, let’s go get him.”

“Whoa, Genie, not so fast; this is a surprise attack, meaning you aren’t even going to be able to set one foot inside of Mozenrath’s kingdom,” Aladdin instructed.

“But Al-,” Genie started to complain.

“Aladdin’s right Genie, if you or Carpet set one foot into that kingdom, the magic detectors will go off and Mozenrath will know that we’re there. Not to mention that creature,” Jasmine added.

The Genie poofed back to his normal form, “Then that means you need to get Mozenrath out of the kingdom,” he demanded.

“Sure, that’ll be easy,” Aladdin murmured under his breath. Abu came walking in, and climbed up on Aladdin’s shoulder. Carpet wasn’t far behind.

“Alright, are we ready?” Jasmine asked, as she climbed up on Carpet. Aladdin jumped on in front of her, with Abu still on his shoulder.

“Carpet, let’s move,” he ordered, and Carpet went soaring off the balcony towards Mozenrath’s kingdom with Genie soaring behind them. The sun was just beginning to set, and there was a crescent moon beginning to rise in the sky.

**~**~**~**

“GAREN,” Mozenrath called. The creature came crawling in, keeping his head down.

“Yes Master,” he replied.

“They’re on their way, get ready,” Mozenrath ordered, petting Xerxes on his head. Garen turned to leave, “Oh, and Garen,” Mozenrath started, “Remember what I said, your freedom hangs on your performance tonight.” Garen simply nodded, and headed out of the room.

“Master, still trust Garen,” Xerxes asked, looking after the creature.

“Yes, Xerxes, I do. He wants his own freedom so much, that he’ll do anything,” Mozenrath answered. Then, a thought came to his head, “That’s no reason for me to let him run around unattended. You, Xerxes, will follow him, and make sure he does what he was told.”

“Me?” Xerxes asked, gulping.

Mozenrath glared at his pet, “Yes, you. What’s the matter?”

Xerxes gulped again, “Garen bigger than Xerxes,” the worm replied.

“You sniveling coward, GO NOW!” Mozenrath ordered, shooting a trail of magic at the slug’s tail. Xerxes yelped before flying out of the throne room after Garen.

**~**~**~**

Carpet soared over the dark sand, coming up fast on the Land of the Black Sand. “There it is,” Aladdin whispered, pointing out over the massive city. “Does everyone remember the plan?”

The rest of the group nodded, and Genie hopped off. Carpet let all of the others off, and stood next to him. “Alright Al, I hope you know what you’re doing.”

“Me too,” Jasmine whispered. Genie and the carpet hid behind some rocks, as Aladdin, Jasmine, and Abu entered the city.

**~**~**~**

Jasmine shivered as they walked through the city, “Aladdin, it’s really quiet.”

“Yeah, I know. I was thinking we would have run into a few mamlucks by now,” Aladdin agreed. Abu gasped at the thought, and quickly hid under Aladdin’s vest and cape. Suddenly, the sand in front of them lurched forward, and mamlucks rose up from the ground.

“Looks like I spoke to soon,” Aladdin gulped. He immediately drew his sword, and began fighting off the mamlucks. Jasmine pulled her whip out, and started helping Aladdin.

“Not that I’m complaining,” She yelled to Aladdin as she dismembered one of the mamlucks, “but there’s only five or six mamlucks here!”

“Yeah, what’s your point Jasmine?” Aladdin asked, slicing one of the undead in half.

“Well, it’s strange that Mozenrath only sent a few. It’s almost like he’s just trying to slow us down or-.”

“Weaken us,” Aladdin finished. He sliced the last mamluck in half, and regained his composure. He looked around, and saw a few mamluck parts still trying to put themselves back together.

Jasmine put her whip back down, and looked over at Aladdin, “Weaken us? Weaken us for what?” she asked.

“For me,” another voice answered. Jasmine slowly looked up into the creature’s yellow eyes and gasped.

“You’re that creature! The one who attacked us at the palace,” she whispered, backing towards Aladdin. Aladdin immediately brought up his sword. Garen noticed and knocked it out of his hands a few yards away.

“Don’t try any of your cheap tricks, Aladdin,” Garen ordered, backing him away from Jasmine.

“You, you can talk!” Aladdin exclaimed, as he tried to make his way back to the sword.

“Well, aren’t we perceptive today?” Garen teased, and he turned his attention back to Jasmine.

Jasmine winced as his horrible looks, and could feel his breath searing down on her. Garen lurched forward with his teeth bared. Jasmine dodged agilely, and landed not to far away.

Garen howled, and took back after her. Jasmine screamed as she again dodged his attack.

“JASMINE!” Aladdin called out, as he dove for his sword, and came up swinging. Garen dodged Aladdin’s attack, and hit him across the head with his massive paw. Aladdin went flying into one of the city’s building, and his head hit the wall with a sickening crack.

“Aladdin, no!” Jasmine cried out, as she saw him lay against the building unmoving. Abu climbed out of his vest, and shook his head, but Aladdin still wouldn’t wake up.

Garen cringed at the sight, but again turned his attention back to Jasmine. He growled menacingly and watched as tears streamed down her face. “You monster,” Jasmine screamed at him.

Garen seemed hurt by the remark, and lowered his eyes, “Shut up princess, he’s not dead. Not yet, at least.” He backed her up against the wall, and started to raise his paw to claw at her. He was about to attack when a searing pain when up his leg. He kicked the source off, and Abu went flying back onto Aladdin.

Garen howled in pain, and went charging at the little monkey. Jasmine quickly whipped him in the nose, turning his anger back towards her. “I’m getting tired of you princess, it seems like you always seem to not know when to quit,” he growled. He pounced at her, when someone jumped in front of him. He quickly stopped, and withdrew his claws so that he only landed on the intruder with a soft thud.

Jasmine gasped as she saw Aladdin underneath the creature’s hold. Garen immediately backed up, and stared. “You would sacrifice yourself for her?” he asked, bewildered.

Aladdin got up quickly, “Of course, when something means more than the world to you, you’ll do anything to keep it safe.” Jasmine ran over to Aladdin, and held him tight.

“I would do the same for Aladdin,” Jasmine added.

Garen looked absolutely stunned at Aladdin’s sacrifice. He backed up quickly, before taking back his menacing look, “And I would do the same for my freedom, the princess must die!” he said quickly, and dove for Jasmine.

Aladdin knocked the creature back again, “Why? Why does she have to die? I thought it was me Mozenrath was after.”

Garen regained his composure, and went back into his predatory crouch, “You are, but in order to get to you, all of your friends must die!”

“No,” Jasmine whispered. She stood unmoving as Garen dove for her once more, and cringed when he knocked her down. She could feel his claws tearing into her skin, and could hear Aladdin calling her name as he tried to knock the creature off of her. It was all in slow motion. She prepared for the pain of death, and was surprised when no other pain came except from his claws.

She peered up to see him looking down on her with compassion, “I can’t do it,” he whispered. He backed up a little, and looked down on Jasmine, who was breathing heavily. He took off running towards the exit of the city, howling as he went along.

Aladdin watched before running over and helping Jasmine up. He held her close, as he looked at her arms. To his surprise, she began to cry. “Jasmine, what’s wrong?”

Jasmine looked up at him with swollen eyes, “You were right, I shouldn’t have came Aladdin,” she replied.

“What? Why would you think that?” Aladdin asked surprised.

“Didn’t you hear that creature? He was after me to hurt you!"

"He was after me too, it wasn't you. This is Mozenrath, not your fault. Now c'mon, we have to go!"

Jasmine climbed to her feet, and bandaged her cuts, then they took to the shadows again heading for the citadel.


**~**~**~**

Xerxes watched from behind one of the buildings as Garen took off over the desert sands, “Master not going to be happy with Garen,” he laughed as he took off to report the news to Mozenrath.

**~**~**~**

Garen didn’t stop running until he was well past the entrance of the kingdom. Genie’s head spun fast as the creature ran past him. Carpet started to go after the creature, but Genie stopped him. “Whoa rug-man, we don’t have the time. We need to wait here until it’s our turn to join the fight. The rug looked back towards the way the creature ran, but decided not to protest. “We just sit here and wait,” the genie repeated.

**~**~**~**

Aladdin and Jasmine kept sneaking through the dark city. They tried their best to be undetected by the mamlucks. Aladdin kept ahead, while Jasmine followed carrying Abu.

“Mozenrath probably thinks we’re dead,” Aladdin whispered out of the blue.

Jasmine looked back up, “That’s a good thing. We don’t need him knowing our every move,” she replied.

“Yeah, that’s the truth,” Aladdin answered, ducking behind a building to hide them from the mamlucks.

“Uh, Aladdin, how do you plan on over taking Mozenrath?” Jasmine asked.

“I don’t know, with that gauntlet on him, I’m no match really,” Aladdin answered, and then he began to think. “It will have to be a sneak attack!” he cried out suddenly, making Abu and Jasmine jump.

“A sneak attack, how do you plan on doing that?” Jasmine questioned.

Aladdin looked over at her with a boyish smile, “I will distract Mozenrath while Abu sneaks up and takes the gauntlet,” Aladdin answered. Abu cringed at the idea, and quickly made all efforts to show he wasn’t going to do it.

“Aw, c’mon Abu,” Jasmine pleaded.

“Yeah little guy, you got to do it,” Aladdin added. Abu still stood firm, and didn’t look at either Aladdin or the princess.

“That’s a shame Abu, because if you did do this, you would be considered a hero throughout all of Agrabah,” Jasmine bribed. Abu’s ears started to perk up at the sound of this, and he kind of turned around.

Aladdin took the hint and continued, “Yeah, and don’t heroes get all the banana parfaits they can eat?” he asked.

“Why, yes, Aladdin, I believe they do,” Jasmine answered winking. Abu started jumping up and down at the sound of “banana parfaits.” He stood in a noble and heroic position.

Aladdin and Jasmine laughed as they came up on the entrance of the kingdom. Aladdin stopped Jasmine quickly, and watched as two mamlucks guarded the front gate, “Oh no,” he whispered.

“Aladdin, I’ll take care of the mamlucks, and you get up to Mozenrath,” Jasmine ordered, pulling out her whip.

“But Jasmine-,” Aladdin began to protest

“Don’t argue with me Aladdin, just go!” Jasmine interrupted. Aladdin looked at her for a few seconds before nodding. Jasmine nodded back and went running towards the mamlucks.

The mamlucks quickly drew their scimitars, and started to attack back. Jasmine used her whip gracefully to take the swords away, so that the mamlucks could only attack with their bare hands. “GO NOW ALADDIN!” Jasmine ordered as she kept the mamlucks busy.

Aladdin raced through the entrance doors, and after taking a quick look back at Jasmine, ran through the kingdom searching for Mozenrath.

**~**~**~**

“So, our new found creature mutated a heart did he?” Mozenrath sneered as Xerxes finished telling the story about Garen.

“Garen left,” Xerxes said, almost cheerfully.

“And he didn’t kill anyone?” Mozenrath asked again. The smile quickly faded from Xerxes face.

“No master, Aladdin and princess still alive.”

Mozenrath’s gauntlet began to glow, “That stupid fool! I am the one who holds the key to his freedom. He could have had that all back, but now,” Mozenrath stopped suddenly, and calmed down. “No matter, Aladdin’s here now, I’ll just have to take care of him myself.”

“Think again Mozenrath,” Aladdin’s voice echoed from the corner of the room. Mozenrath looked up quickly, with a cruel smile creeping over his face.

“Ah Aladdin, how nice of you to come and join me today,” he taunted. Aladdin just smiled back just as arrogantly.

“Well Mozenrath, did you really think I would let you get away with letting a wild creature almost kill me and Jasmine in my own bedroom?” Aladdin asked.

“Oh that, just consider him my wedding present,” Mozenrath returned. “Speaking of weddings, where’s you precious Jasmine at Aladdin?”

Aladdin cringed at the sound of Jasmine’s name. “I’m right here Mozenrath,” a voice came from behind Aladdin. Jasmine came into view, and grabbed Aladdin’s arm.

“Ah, princess, you look absolutely stunning,” Mozenrath complimented slyly. Jasmine’s brow just burrowed down even farther. “Too bad I’ll have to destroy you,” Mozenrath added. He raised his gauntlet, and was getting ready to attack. Jasmine and Aladdin gasped and held onto each other wincing.

Mozenrath laughed, when he felt something slowly pulling his gauntlet up off of his hand. He shot magic through it, and Abu went flying across the room. Xerxes swam after him, and the two little creatures went sprawling across the floor.

Aladdin and Jasmine realized that their plan was foiled. “We have to get Genie,” Jasmine whispered. They took off to one of the massive throne room windows. Aladdin was about to call out when he was thrown back into the wall and held up by Mozenrath’s magic. Jasmine dodged, however, and called out, “GENIE!” She barely got the words out, when she was slammed right next to Aladdin on the wall. She moaned in pain, and looked back over at Aladdin.

Mozenrath walked over to them and laughed. “You always were full of spunk princess,” he directed his stare over to Jasmine. “I have to say it was one of the things I admired you for, except for that whole being a ROYAL PAIN!” Jasmine just stared back at him.

“You are a pathetic snake,” she spat.

“That I am princess, that I am,” Mozenrath laughed. “You know I really do like your confidence.”

Jasmine looked at him suspiciously, “Then why are you trying to kill me?”

“Because,” Mozenrath lifted his gauntlet up once again, “I like the thought of seeing Aladdin suffer a whole lot more…” the gauntlet began to glow, and Jasmine tried to turn her head to keep away from the heat coming from it.

“NO, JASMINE,” Aladdin cried out trying to get away. He watched in horror as Mozenrath began to shoot the magic, but before Mozenrath could release any of the magic, he was swooped up in the air.

Mozenrath looked down to see he was really high in the air. He looked around to see himself in some kind of flying contraption. “GET ME DOWN FROM HERE!” he ordered.

The magic holding Aladdin and Jasmine disappeared, and Aladdin fell to the ground, catching Jasmine right after. They looked up to see Mozenrath struggling to be free of the safety belt keeping him hooked in the plane, and they knew it had to be Genie.

Mozenrath ripped the restraints off of him, and jumped down. Genie poofed into his normal form and joined the rest of the group. “I think I made him a wee bit mad,” he whispered to Aladdin.

Mozenrath loomed over them, his gauntlet glowing more bright than they had ever seen it before.

“Whoa there magic-boy,” Genie stood between them, “if you want them you’re going to have to get through me.” He transformed into a huge army man, and stood proud with his guns and ammunition. Mozenrath simply looked at the genie, and blasted him into the wall, while clasping Carpet down. Genie got up, and lingered around before falling into hundreds of tiny pieces. Jasmine and Abu quickly went over to help and try to put them together.

Mozenrath paid no attention to either of them; he just stared down at Aladdin. “This is it Aladdin, I’m tired of you getting in my way!” Mozenrath raised his gauntlet. Aladdin winced, and dodged as the sorcerer backed him to the wall. Jasmine came over to try and get Mozenrath away from him, but he just zapped her back into a wall.

Mozenrath’s eyes were filled with rage, and he was about ready to zap Aladdin with a huge dose of magic, when something came crashing through the door and pounced on him. Mozenrath screamed as claws ripped into his arms.

Aladdin picked himself up, and ran over to Jasmine who was finally coming back to her senses. They looked up in horror as the creature attacked Mozenrath fiercely.

Mozenrath zapped the creature off him quickly, and stood up, “Garen, you fool. You would have been better off just leaving things alone here.”

“No! You’re wrong; I have done horrible things and this is one way I intend on making amends,” Garen cried back.

Mozenrath stood shocked, “You would give up your freedom just to save these fools?”

Garen looked around, “I was no man to begin with. This form of me is who I truly am, and if I helped you it would only make it so much worse.” He growled and got ready to attack. Mozenrath again raised his gauntlet, and also got ready to attack.

“Aladdin, we have to help him,” Jasmine whispered.

“I have a plan,” Aladdin replied, and he took off running. He tackled Mozenrath to the ground, and held his arm up. “Get the gauntlet!” he ordered to Jasmine, and she instantly ran over and took off the glowing gauntlet. She screamed as the power surged through her body until she got it the whole way off. She staggered back a little bit before falling to the ground limp.

Mozenrath looked down at his bare skeleton hand, and cringed. He pushed Aladdin off of him, and took off running for his gauntlet, still in Jasmine’s hand. Aladdin stopped him once again. Abu finally finished putting Genie together. Genie stood up and staggered a bit before making sense of the whole situation.

“AL!” he called as he transformed into a huge bulldozer. He scooped the sorcerer into his tractor. When the tractor vanished, Genie stood with Mozenrath tied up in chains.

“You will not get away with this you fool!” Mozenrath yelled towards Aladdin, but a gag appeared in his mouth.

“You do not know when to give up do you?” Genie teased. He turned his attention back to Aladdin who was holding Jasmine.

Aladdin looked down at Jasmine, who was breathing shallowly. He held on her tight, and was about ready to say something when a bright light flashed. He looked over to the creature that was standing over him. A beautiful gold light surrounded him, and picked him up in the air.

Garen gasped as the light took over his entire body, and all feeling left him for a second. Then a great gush of energy went surging through his body, and he was lowered back down to the ground. He staggered a little bit before looking down at himself. He smiled hugely before looking up at Aladdin once more.

“Whoa,” Aladdin and Genie said under their breaths. The creature was no longer a creature, it was a man. A young man at that, maybe one or two years Aladdin’s senior.

“I can’t believe it!” Garen exclaimed, “I’m back to normal! I’m really back to my human self!”

Genie floated over to him and started to checking him out, “Looks like a human,” he said staring at him, “feels like a human,” he said poking him, “sounds like a human,” he said as he played back a recording of his voice. He sniffed him, “Ew, smells like a dog.”

Garen looked at him harshly, and Genie kind of slunk away laughing nervously. “What, but how-?” Aladdin began to ask.

“It was all a spell,” Garen replied. “I was under Mozenrath’s hold, and he promised me my freedom when I killed you!” he pointed towards Aladdin and Jasmine. Abu again ran under Aladdin’s vest, and shivered from fright.

Aladdin was speechless, and looked back down at Jasmine who still hadn’t woken up. Garen walked over, and put his hand on Aladdin’s shoulder. “I’m sorry Aladdin.”

“It’s alright; she will be okay, won’t she?” Aladdin asked looking up in Garen’s stare.

“Why don’t you ask me?” a voice came from Aladdin’s arms. He looked down to see Jasmine staring back at him.

“Jasmine, you’re- you’re alright!” Aladdin exclaimed. He picked her up immediately and hugged her. Genie, Abu, and Carpet all started to dance in a circle. Aladdin kissed Jasmine quickly before looking back at Garen.

“Thank you so much,” Aladdin thanked Garen.

“No, it is I who should be thanking you,” Garen replied, looking down at Jasmine. “You guys showed me that some things are just worth more than your own life itself.”

Jasmine looked from Aladdin back to Garen, “Would you like to join us at the palace?”

Garen shook his head, “No, it’s time I went back to my home.” He looked over at Mozenrath who was still struggling on the ground. “What are you going to do with him?” he asked.

Aladdin back towards Genie, “Oh don’t worry,” Genie replied, “he’ll have to do a lot of digging before he ever finds this little fashion-don’t again.” He shot the gauntlet out of a cannon and watched it soar across the desert. Mozenrath started struggling harder as he saw what happened.

“Let’s just go home,” Aladdin said as he gathered up Abu and hopped onto Carpet. They waved to Garen as they headed back over the desert. Garen waved back and took off in the other direction.

As Garen faded out of view, Aladdin took Jasmine in his arms. “My life for yours Jasmine,” he whispered in her ear. Jasmine giggled, and took his head into her hands and kissed him hard on the lips, as the palace came closer and closer into their view.

THE END


**Disclaimer** I do not own any of the Aladdin characters, and have no connections to the Disney group whatsoever. PLEASE ENJOY!!! Garen however does belong to me, but feel free to use him in your own stories!**