Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Aladdin's Guardian Angel by Sindie
[Reviews - 1] Printer

- Text Size +
Aladdin's Guardian Angel

I have watched you, Aladdin, since the day you were born. I saw how you wandered the streets alone for a long time. You have come a long way. Look at where you stand now -- on the balcony of the palace, viewing this wondrous city before you. The view has changed, hasn't it? You are feeling a lot right now. You found your father after twenty years, and although he wouldn't want you to live his life, he does want to spend the rest of his life with you. You may wonder why he left just now. He has much to think about, and although he now realizes that you are his ultimate treasure, twenty years of greed for gold cannot merely disappear in a few days. Know this though, he will return. You mean too much to him to be lost forever. You do not remember this, but they day he left to begin his search for the Hand of Midas, he told you that he would never stop loving you. You are, Aladdin, what saved him in more ways than one. When he returned to Agrabah five years after he left you as an infant, he was absolutely heartbroken that his family was gone. When he has previously returned to the den of the Forty Thieves, he looked down into the deep waters that harbored the sunken ship of gold. It showed off its gold in a mockery, and he realized that he had come to the same demise as this ship -- sunk by the Hand of Midas. Just as he was about to fall off the cliff to his final doom, your image appeared in front of him, and he realized that this isn't what you would have wanted. His quest did not start out as one of greed. He only wanted the best for his family, and he cursed himself for bringing your mother into poverty because of his failures and you into a world of shame. He will be back though, I promise. Now, look at your new wife, Aladdin. Hold her dear and keep her as a precious treasure that can never be stolen. She is your new family now. Do you remember the magic your heart felt when you first locked your lips to hers? That magic has never died. It exists here today, so embrace it and never let go. You opened a new world to her, Aladdin. You set her free from the clutches of royalty and palace life. She is not your only true friend though. You cannot forget your first friend, Abu. This little monkey helped you survive, and it was he who grabbed the lamp from that terrible Jafar. Had he never done that, you would still be trapped in the Cave of Wonders. Never forget that your friends helped you get where you are today. Think of all the times on your many adventures where Genie and Carpet saved you. This final friend I will mention is the most amazing relationship you've had. That little bird, yes, the one who annoys the daylight out of everyone, he was the one who destroyed your greatest enemy once and for all. Now, remember what I have shared with you tonight. This is your past life. Now, use this knowledge to be the greatest sultan Agrabah has ever known.