Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Nothing by Katie Ann
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
Nothing ___________________________________________

Someone told me love would all save us But how could that be? Look what love gave us, A world full of killing, And blood spilling That won't never change... - "Hero" by Chad and Josey from Spider-Man

“Aladdin! Stop!”

He heard her screaming- the love of his life- but he could not heed her words. He was running and running, so fast he couldn't see around himself. Blurs surrounded him and he could only hear their voices, soft but clear in is head.

No Aladdin...please...stop...no...before it’s too late...no more killing...

Aladdin had never actually killed anyone before in his life...not intentionally anyway... and yet this man Aladdin had only known for a mere three days and already he wanted him dead. Dead so Aladdin could spit upon his grave.... If he was cared about enough to even get a grave....

Aladdin was running- running and running so fast... yet so slow- he was slower than he wanted to be. Too slow. He should have been faster... he should have killed the man already...

No...stop...before it’s too late...

No more killing? Is that what they all wanted? They wanted this man to get away with murdering half the city? They wanted this man to get away with killing Aladdin’s friend?

No...stop...please...

He heard voices now, but he couldn't make out what they were saying- nor did he want to. The man was just before him now... so close he could taste his death on his lips... so close he could reach out and cut him now...

Aladdin rammed his body into the man’s side, surprising him, and sending the man flying over the sand dunes. He hit hard as the sand splashed about him, like a shark splashing in the water. He was a shark too. A vicious shark that deserved to die...to die...

Aladdin was on the man before he knew what he was doing. He had the man pinned beneath him... so close...no...stop...please...no more....

Aladdin raised his sword high above his head, with one movement. He was seconds away from killing the man who had killed others. Seconds away from killing the man who had murdered Aladdin’s friend. Seconds away from killing a man...he was just a man...

No, Aladdin thought, he murdered people! He’s not just a man! He’s a murderer!

But then the realization hit Aladdin in the stomach and sot to his mind.

But so am I. If I kill this man, then so am I.

Aladdin looked down. The man, who had taken the life of many, now had immense fear in his eyes. He was afraid of Aladdin...afraid that his life would be cut short...before he could kill more...

No, Aladdin thought, I can't. I can't kill him.

No matter that he killed half the city, no matter that he killed my best friend... he deserved whatever he got... but not me... I can't...

No...please...no killing...no more...

He was just a man after all. And so was Aladdin.

___________________________

e-mail me.