Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
To Please the Gods by Soraya Summers
[Reviews - 1] Printer

- Text Size +
To Please the GodsBySoriyahSummers

The weeks had been long in Agrabah since Aladdin and Jasmine had gotten married. Aladdin found that he was needed more and more by the sultan. Since he was to be the next ruler of Agrabah, he had to study up on diplomacy and politics and all of that boring stuff. Meanwhile Jasmine wanted to be remembered as one of the rulers who cared about the people, and was always outside the palace building homes, libraries and schools to aid the civilians. She helped gain money for the poor and took care of the sick. When she first met with Aladdin, she saw all the suffering and hunger and vowed to help the people. It was dinnertime in the palace and everyone was at the table ready to eat.

"Well Aladdin, what did you do today."

"Fell asleep while reading about philosophers. And you?" Aladdin whispered to Jasmine.

"I'm in the midst of planning a carnival for the people. Don't you think that would be so much fun? The children would love it and--"

"Jasmine, that's great, but we never get to spend time together anymore. And a carnival...last time one of those came it took two months to clean up."

"Fine. Then what do you have in mind?"

"Well, why don't we spend time together tomorrow? There is a place I wanted to check out."

"Aladdin, you know what father told you when we got married 'no more adventures. It's time to act serious.' Remember?"

"Yeah. Well, he doesn't have to know and I'm taking you with me. It's just one day, please?"

"Oh very well."

******************************************************************

After breakfast the next morning they set out on Carpet to explore the place Aladdin had heard of.

"They say there is a golden door and that behind it, there is a land of magic. It's more beautiful than any land in the world and many magical creatures live there. I was told this a long time ago and always wondered if it was true." Aladdin said.

"Really, sound like a fairy tale to me." Jasmine said cynically.

"Maybe so, but the island is close by," he said as Carpet flew over hills of sand way out in the desert. In front of them they could see a huge oasis coming into view.

"That must be it." Aladdin said, enthralled.

"It looks like a swamp." Jasmine commented dejectedly.

"It's supposed to, think of it as a mirage. The true beauty lies within."

As they neared toward the oasis all they could see were vines, weeds, and dead trees. Not to mention that it also smelled really bad.

"Well, Aladdin, I don't see anything, but I smell a lot."

"Carpet, circle around." Aladdin ordered. They began to circle around the island. From the corner of his eye, Aladdin saw the glare of gold from the sun. "That must be it," he said as he pointed to a large cave covered in weeds and vines. "Now take us down," he commanded. Carpet landed in front of the cave and both Aladdin and Jasmine jumped off of him and headed for the vines. Aladdin pulled out his sword--which he always kept with him--and began cutting the vines down. As they neared the end of the cave, Aladdin took one more swing with his knife. Some vines fell and revealed a large, dull gold colored door with silver handles. "Wow, so the story was true! Now help me open this." Aladdin said to Jasmine who helped him pull open the door. But the door was rusted and too heavy to pull open all the way. They could only open it enough to squeeze through the tiny opening. After getting through the door, they walked to the edge of what seemed to be a cliff and looked down. They were standing on a large precipice and in front of them was a grand waterfall overflowing with lava.

"Some beautiful land. Should we turn back?" Jasmine asked.

"No, this can't be it." Aladdin looked at the ground and noticed that it was not shaking from the intensity of the lava flowing down. There was no heat being given off. He pulled his sword back out and stuck the blade through the lava. When he pulled it out it was still whole and not hot at all. Carpet flew over to the falls and went right threw. "Carpet no, don't!" Aladdin and Jasmine both yelled after him. Seconds later he came back and gave them an 'ok' sign. "Must be another mirage used to foil strangers." Aladdin said to Jasmine as they got on Carpet and rode through the falls. As they passed through it, they felt no pressure of lava and didn't get wet. It was like nothing was there. On the other side of the falls stood lush green valleys, huge pools of water, fields of flowers, exotic animals, and beautiful trees in full bloom.

"Reminds me of the Al Muddy's oasis trap." Aladdin said with a shudder.

"Yeah. It's a little to good to believe." Jasmine added.

As they walked closer, they hid behind a rock and saw some of the strangest creatures they had ever seen. Well, one of the strangest. They were half-horse and half-human. The bottom half was horse and the top half was human, and very beautiful. The females had long colorful hair and the males had typical short but also colorful hair. They were running and galloping around a flower field with wreaths of flowers on their necks, arms, and heads.

"So are you ever going to doubt me again?" Aladdin asked.

"I'm sorry Aladdin, but it just sounded to good to be true." Jasmine responded.

When they turned around to look for Carpet, a little child-like horse was staring at them and quickly ran off. Startled, Aladdin and Jasmine froze in place and decided to chase after the child to see where he was going. They ran through the forest, keeping it within their sites. The child ran into the field where the others were and told them what he had seen.

"They were the strangest things, their top half was like us, but they only had two legs and ..."

"Two legs, you say," said one girl. The whole crowed gasped in horror.

"Yes two legs and they wore the funniest looking things."

"Which way did they go?"

"They where behind that rock and followed me into the woods. I think they are still in there."

"Well then lets go and find them. We'll see what they want," said a man from the crowd, and all of the horse-people galloped off into the woods.

In the woods, Aladdin and Jasmine sat trying to catch their breath because of the fact that the horse child was fast and outran them.

"Have any more bright ideas Aladdin?" Jasmine asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"Well we could...."

"Alright stand up!" An enormous voice boomed from behind them. They stood up and turned around. Everyone gasped and pointed armed bows at their prisoners. A blue colored horse person came toward them.

"Hey, listen. We don't mean any harm. We just--"

"What are you doing here? Humans belong up on the surface in the suffering world."

"We just dropped in." Aladdin replied and pointed toward the entrance by the lava falls.

"See we were up top. My wife Jasmine fell down and we wound up here."

"Me?! *You* did." Jasmine yelled at him.

"Just play along." He whispered.

"Why do I have to be the one that looks foolish?" Jasmine whispered back, but Aladdin just turned and smiled at the creatures.

"A beautiful land you have here," he added.

"Why, yes. Are you planning on adding your disease to it?" The horse person asked.

"No. We were just looking around."

"We are Centaurs," announced the blue one.

"That woman...maybe she was the one who was prophesized to come and save us." one of the female centaurs whispered to another who had stepped forward.

"Perhaps we should keep them alive."

"Yes we shall," the blue centaur said back to her.

"I'm sorry. Welcome friends. We didn't mean to frighten you. Please come with us back to our village and make yourselves at home."

Aladdin and Jasmine looked at each other, shrugged their shoulders, and agreed to follow them.

They rode Carpet back to the village and their new friends told the villagers what had happened. The humans were welcomed immediately and given a large feast and a tour of the land. After a feast, Aladdin and Jasmine and a Centaur went out looking around. "It must be late afternoon at home." Aladdin said to Jasmine and she nodded her head. They climbed over hills of grass, walked through many fields, and looked at the water (which Jasmine loved the most). A fairy flew in front of Jasmine and she held out her hand. The fairy climbed on it and stared at her.

"She's so beautiful."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," the Centaur said to her. When Jasmine went to pet it, it bit her.

"OW! Why did it do that?"

"No manners I guess." He added. When they passed the waterfalls surrounded by grapevines and apple trees, Jasmine had noticed some animals lying under the falling water. She grabbed Aladdin's arm and pointed to them.

"Look remind you of something?"

"Yeah. Squirt." Squirt was the animal Iago and Abu had given Jasmine as a gift. He had turned out to be a magical pet that granted wishes when he was scared. After he had scared himself he disappeared and was never seen again.

"I always wondered where he went."

"Well, at least we know he's happy," she added.

"And this is where our festivals are held," the blue Centaur said to them.

"Festivals. I love festivals." Jasmine replied.

"Good, we are holding one tomorrow."

"Oh, but we have to leave tonight," she added.

"Leave you can't leave!" The blue Centaur bellowed at them.

"What!" Aladdin said, not sure of what the Centaur was planning.

"Why not?"

"Umm, because it's night time in your realm and I wouldn't trust the other humans that are waiting for you in the desert."

"Well I guess we can stay then," said Aladdin.

"That will be great." The blue Centaur said with a smile. Jasmine walked back over to Aladdin after she had finished looking at the waterfall.

"We are in another realm?"

"Yes, that's why there is a sky inside here or else it would be dark."

"I see, what is over there?" Jasmine said as she pointed to a black area at the edge of the forest.

"Pray you never find out, they are our enemies the Bucentaur's. They are always fighting over the control of this realm since they were summoned to stay in the dark by the gods. But enough of that. Why don't I show you to your rooms?"

"Sure why not?" Aladdin and Jasmine said as they traveled back to the village. Aladdin and Jasmine were both shown into different houses with one room and soon enough fell asleep on the beds. The beds were made out of straw and were very uncomfortable. In the center of the village, all the Centaurs had gathered to discuss the arrival of the humans. The eldest Centaur brought a stone tablet that told the story of a human girl who would come and save them from the Bucentaurs who threatened their society.

"If we sacrifice this girl, the gods will help aid us in victory over the Bucentaurs," said a purple Centaur.

"Yes, I agree. Then and only then we will be rid of them once and for all," said some of the others.

They sent the Centaur child into Jasmine's room and when she heard the noise of hooves, she woke up. The child threw a bag of sleeping sand next to her and she quickly fell back to sleep.

******************************************************************

When the sun rose the next morning, Aladdin got up and started walking toward Jasmine's house. "Where are you going?" A strange creature asked Aladdin. This one was half bull on the bottom, half-human on the top and had a mop of red hair.

"I was looking for my wife. Is she in there?"

"No you won't find her there, the Centaurs took her to the volcano to be sacrificed," the male bull creature said as he pointed to the volcano. They could see a crowd of Centaurs walking up the path to the volcano, holding Jasmine above their heads on a board. "Thanks a lot." Aladdin added as he called out to Carpet and flew towards the volcano.

"Hey wait! If you need help, just fly over the other side of the mountain and find me."

"Thanks!" Aladdin yelled back. Near the mountain, Jasmine began to stir on top of the board. From beneath her she heard voices yelling and singing happily. She opened her eyes to find her hands and feet tied to a board from underneath her. She began yelling for Aladdin as she saw the hot fumes and lava pouring out from the volcano in front of her. ~Some festival,~ she thought. The volcano began to disappear from in front of her and the voices became quiet.

"We have reached our destination friends, and soon peace will be upon us!" A voice shouted from underneath Jasmine. The crowed roared with excitement as they lowered the board to eye level and cut the ropes that were holding Jasmine down.

"Wait! Why are you doing this? I thought we were friends?" Jasmine asked, her voice shaking.

"We were, but we realized the gods have sent you as our sacrifice. There shall be no more war!" With that they pushed the board vertically over the top of the volcano. Jasmine held on to the top edge of the board for her life.

"Let go!"

"No I don't want to die!" Jasmine yelled back at them, but the volcano was so hot that she began to lose her grip.

"Let go of the board!" Someone shouted from the crowd to the Centaurs who were holding the board. The Centaurs did as they were told. Jasmine began to fall into the volcano. As she fell closer to the lava, Aladdin swooped down and caught her on Carpet. The whole society of Centaurs watched him in amazement. "No! Let her go!" One shouted. The Centaurs began to arm their arrows, but Aladdin remembered what that bull had told him. Together, Jasmine, Carpet, and he quickly flew over the other side of the volcano it was a lot colder there and darkness covered the sky. The trees were dead and vines covered everything the same way they did by the golden doors.

"Are you ok?" Aladdin asked, concerned.

"Yeah. What are we doing over here?" Jasmine inquired.

"Someone I met said if we needed help to go see him on the other side of the volcano. That's what we're doing."

Carpet flew over great swamps and bogs until they reached a village about the same size as the Centaur's. The houses circled around a large statue, which was in the main square of the town. Carpet flew to the center of the town in order to let his passengers off.

"I see you came for my help." A strange voice said.

"Well actually, I've come to ask you if there is a way out." Aladdin replied.

"There is, but the porthole only opens during the morning. And it must be about mid-afternoon right now. Please stay here while you wait." Aladdin looked at Jasmine to see what her reaction was. She nodded to him and they agreed to stay.

"I'm sure you are wondering who I am. I'm Aolis and my kind are called the Bucentaurs, the Centaurs must have told you we are evil, but in fact they are the evil ones. We just want peace and they answer us with war. Nothing they say is true." He paused for a moment and continued, "Now I'm sure you are hungry. Let's get something to eat."

With that the three of them entered a tavern where they grabbed some lunch. "I'll be right back. There is someone I need to talk to." Aolis said and galloped out of the tavern. Outside of the tavern was a group of spectators who were wondering about Aolis's new friends.

"These are the sacred ones. They have come from the gods. The woman will save our land and we shall rule this realm once again. The Centaurs thought they could sacrifice her, but I got the better of them and we shall be the ones the gods shall look upon," he whispered to the other Bucentaurs, who had gathered around him. "Tonight there shall be a sacrifice. Go tell the elders."

The people rushed away from the tavern to find the elders of the city in order to tell them the wonderful news. Inside the tavern, Aladdin and Jasmine heard the stampede that ran by and looked outside to see what was going on.

"Are you done my friends?" Said Aolis, who galloped in front of them in order to block their view.

"What is going on?" Jasmine asked.

"Oh, nothing. They just haven't seen humans before. That's all. Why don't I take you to the theatre? I'm sure there is a play going on." ~Perfect idea,~ he thought, ~This will stop them from being to curious and it will keep them hidden from the Centaurs.~

"Well why not, we have a couple of hours to waste." Aladdin said and looked at Jasmine. She agreed with a smile. Aolis walked with them to the theatre and kept them under tight watch for a little while. Then he went to prepare for the night's festivities. Everything was set. All they needed now was Jasmine. After the play ended, Aolis came back and walked them to their quarters.

"Did you enjoy the play?" Aolis asked.

"Yes. It was different from what we are used to." Jasmine answered.

"It was a romance play!" Aladdin whispered in her ear. "I fell asleep."

"I know you did. That was so rude. I, on the other hand, enjoyed it." Jasmine whispered back.

"Ah, here we are. Perhaps you would like to join the men in the square? Every night we have a ceremony to introduce new members into our society." Aolis said to Aladdin.

"Nah, I'm kind of tired."

"But you must, I'm sure you'll enjoy it."

"Ok, but I hope it's better then your plays." Aladdin added and quickly covered his mouth.

"ALADDIN!" Jasmine exclaimed.

"Did I say that out loud?" Aladdin asked, ashamed.

"Yes you did." Jasmine said in a cross tone.

"I'm so sorry, I uh--"

"That's quite all right, my friend. Now come." Aolis said as he pushed Aladdin in front of him.

"Don't wait up for me." Aladdin called back to Jasmine who waved and walked inside the little house. From the outside, the house looked small, but from within it was quite large. There were three rooms a kitchen-type room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. Feeling tired, Jasmine lay down on one of the beds and fell asleep. Within a few hours there was a knock on the door and she got up to answer it. As soon as she opened the door, five female Bucentaurs walked right in knocking her down. She looked up at them as they gathered around her.

"My lady. We must get you ready. Come." One of the women said.

"Ready for what?" Jasmine asked.

"You'll see."

"Wait a minute!" Jasmine yelled. "I was asleep when you knocked on the door. Then when I opened it, you all rushed in here like camels being chased by a sand storm. And now you want me to get ready for something I don't even know about. Well, I'm sorry, but after all I've been through I am just too tired."

"If that's the way you feel then we'll carry you. Ladies." The woman said to the others. They lifted Jasmine up and took her outside the house and into the mountains. She tried to struggle free but they had a tight grip on her wrists and ankles. Her last hope was to scream. And she did so...really loud.

******************************************************************

Back in the center of the town, all the male Bucentaurs gathered around a bonfire in front of the statue.

"Who is that?" Aladdin asked pointing to the statue.

"That is our guardian, every Greek city has a guardian." They walked closer to the fire and everyone turned around to stare at Aladdin.

"This, my brothers, is a savage. He is quite harmless and has come to join us in tonight's festival."

"Hey! Wait a minute! I'm not a savage." Aladdin said angrily to Aolis.

"Don't worry, my friends. They have simple minds and only know humans by one name." Aolis whispered to Aladdin.

They sat by the fire with the others and the conversations began again. Then a young Bucentaur stood up. "Tonight is a holy night, my brothers, and soon enough I shall join you and be apart of society." As the young boy finished, the crowed roared with excitement. He galloped into a cage where wild wolves angrily awaited to be released from their wooden crate. "You see, he has become of age and is ready to join us now. Soon enough he will have a family and the tradition will continue." Aolis said pointing to the young boy.

"What must he do?" Aladdin asked.

"You'll see." Then an elder of the village stood up.

"Release the wolves!" He shouted. And two Bucentaurs on top on the large crate lifted the door from the front and quickly jumped off of the box. The wolves ran toward the boy.

"Those animals have been starved and beaten for days. The real challenge here is to try to stay alive." Aolis said, laughing.

"That's horrible! He can't fight them off! He has nothing!"

"Yes he does. See?" Aolis pointed to the boy who held a bow at his side.

As the wolves ran to him he reached over his shoulder and pulled an arrow out of the quiver on his back. He quickly armed his bow and began shouting at the wolves until all of them were dead. Then he turned and bowed his head to the elders. The crowd cheered and he galloped out of the cage.

"Now that was impressive." Aladdin said in amazement.

"Nah. He's been training for years. We all do. It becomes second nature after awhile." In the distance, Aladdin heard a scream and jumped up.

"What is wrong?" Aolis asked.

"There was a scream. Did you hear it?" Aladdin asked.

"No. It must have been the wolves crying in pain. Now let's join the rest of the men at the banquet."

"I really should be getting--"

"But the party isn't over. There is more."

"Very well." Aladdin said and walked with Aolis to a large banquet.

******************************************************************

In the woods, the female Bucentaurs tied and dropped Jasmine on her head. She blacked out. "That ought to shut her up." The head woman said and they picked her up again and head for a cave. When they got inside, they put Jasmine into a cage and began to prepare themselves. They arranged vines and weeds into headpieces and jewelry which they put on themselves. They also ground up berries and used them for their makeup. When Jasmine awoke, they were putting the finishing touches on themselves as they walked over to her. "Open the cage." The head female Bucentaur ordered to the one that held the key. When the cage was open, two other female Bucentaurs grabbed Jasmine and dragged her out of the cage. "Don't make this harder then it already is. I'm sure you don't want to black out again, do you?" A Bucentaur asked. Jasmine quickly shook her head. "I, by the way, am Sarah," she added. Sarah took the headpiece they had made and placed it on Jasmine's head. The other female Bucentaurs quickly took the leftover berries and put makeup on her.

"You must be prepared for the gods, you know." Sarah said.

"Listen. I think there is a mistake here. I'm married. There is no way I can be sacrificed." Jasmine said angrily.

"Really? Well, even gods make mistakes." Sarah said to Jasmine who just sighed and turned away.

"Keep still!" One of the other female Bucentaurs shouted as she held Jasmine's head while the others finished putting the makeup on her.

"There. Perfect. What do you think, Sarah?"

"Good job girls. Now lets go. I'm sure the men are getting impatient."

The women carried Jasmine out of the cave and back through the forest. In the village, the men gathered around the base of the volcano, where the banquet was being held. They anxiously awaited the arrival of the sacrifice without telling Aladdin about it. When the women arrived, Aolis got up and left Aladdin with the others.

"Is she ready?" Aolis asked.

"Yes. All done. You have us to thank for that."

"I thank you all." Aolis said as he bowed to the women before he galloped back to the others.

"Tonight, my friends, is indeed a holy night." Aolis said pointing to the new member of their society. "I have a special treat for all of you." Aolis turned towards the woods and the female Bucentaurs came out dragging a helpless Jasmine behind them. They began to climb the path to the top of the volcano. Aladdin stood up in shock.

"What are you doing? I thought you were our friends and were trying to stop Jasmine from being sacrificed." When Aladdin finished, the crowd roared with laughter.

"Stupid savage! We *did* help you stop her from being sacrificed by the Centaurs, but not us. This is the way it must be. Be proud. Your wife is a holy sacrifice." Aolis said calmly.

"No! Carpet!" Aladdin yelled and began to run up the side of the volcano.

The Bucentaurs ran after him and tried to stop him from ruining the ceremony. Carpet quickly came to Aladdin's side. Aladdin jumped on the flying carpet and they flew to the top of the volcano where the women were. "Gods, we give you this sacrifice so that you shall aid us in our fight against the Centaurs. Remember who was always faithful to you." Sarah chanted to the heavens and threw Jasmine down. Aladdin arrived on the top of the volcano where the female Bucentaurs were and frantically searched for Jasmine. "You are too late. Go back to your suffering world, HUMAN!" A female Bucentaur added and began to throw rocks at him. But as he looked down the mountain, he saw Jasmine. She had fallen onto a ledge near the rim of the volcano and was trying to not lose her footing. Carpet swooped down and Aladdin pulled her up. They flew up to the top where the others were.

"No! This can't be! We threw her down!" The female Bucentaurs screamed in anger.

"Maybe she wasn't meant to be sacrificed!" Aladdin yelled back. A large crowd gathered at the base of the volcano.

"It looks like you have company." Aladdin said, pointing to the bottom of the enormous volcano. The Bucentaurs looked down to see the Centaurs charging up the side of the volcano.

"Give us our sacrifice!" They chanted.

"They are going to push us into the volcano give us the woman, Human!" The elders yelled to Aladdin.

"Never!" He yelled back. "Make a deal with them and maybe they will compromise."

"A deal, how?" Sarah asked.

"I'll do it." Aladdin said as Carpet flew down to where the crowd of Centaurs and Bucentaurs met.

"Listen. I've come to make a deal with you. You both don't want your people and villages destroyed, right?" Aladdin asked the crowd. They looked at each other and agreed. "So, let's bargain. I won't give up Jasmine and you won't give up your lands. Why don't you share?"

"Share?" It was like a new word to them.

"How do we share the land? The gods divided it up equally amongst us."

"Aladdin, I have an idea. Watch this." Jasmine said to him.

"Listen, everyone. Aladdin's right. The gods called to me and told me they will aid you if you make peace amongst yourselves."

"Should we trust them?" They asked each other.

"Well, she is the sacrifice. Yes, the lady is right, the gods have ignored us for years. Perhaps because of our bickering and quarrels. We must make peace," added the elders of each society.

The two group agreed and peace came upon the great land.

"Well, I think our work here is done." Aladdin said, taking a deep breath and pulling up his sash. Jasmine smiled and hugged him in relief.

"It must be morning in your world. Are you sure you don't want to stay?" Aolis asked the two of them.

"No thanks Aolis." Aladdin said as he jumped on Carpet.

"Jasmine, I'm sorry, I was just--"

"I forgive you, Sarah and I understand. Friends?" Sarah shook her head to agree and Jasmine jumped on Carpet.

"Thank you again, my patient friends." Aolis and Sarah said as Carpet flew towards the entrance. "You are welcome back any time!" The elders yelled after them. Aladdin and Jasmine waved and turned toward the porthole. A red light flashed around them and they flew through to the other side of the lava falls.

"Aladdin, I have to tell you something. For a while, I have to admit, I thought we would never leave."

"Ah, Jasmine. Have I ever disappointed you yet?" He said with a smile.

"No, you haven't." Jasmine added, and put her head on his shoulder.

END!

Disclaimer: After 2 Xena episodes and a huge report on Greek Mythology I came up with this story earlier this year. Centaurs, half horse half human, are real Mythological creatures and so are the Bucentaurs, which are half bull and half human, but I'm sure you know that already. If there are any mistakes they are the fault of my email system from passing this story back and forth to Sarah, which I unintentionally named one on my characters, LOL. Or it could've been missed during correction. Aolis and Sarah are characters made up by me and that’s about it. I hope you enjoyed the story!