Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Life in the Fast Lane by Soraya Summers
[Reviews - 2] Printer

- Text Size +
Life in the Fast Lane

The hallway was quiet as Aladdin began to close the door of his bedroom. He took one more look at Jasmine, who had finally fallen asleep as he quietly shut the large wooden doors. The sun had risen a few hours ago and he squinted as he walked down the bright hallway. Tired and exhausted, his head hung towards the floor as he languidly pushed one foot in front of the other. As he walked pass the large windows of the hallway, he heard a strange, but familiar voice talking to him.

"Good morning, your Highness," the deep voice said in a cheerful tone.

"Yeah, woo hoo," Aladdin mumbled as he walked passed the figure.

"Excuse me, sire? I couldn't hear you," the voice said.

"Uh, you too," Aladdin sighed as he continued on his way. His eyelids were very heavy, but he couldn't sleep now. He had so much to do and it wasn't even close to breakfast time. Just thinking about his chores made him cringe, but this is the responsibility he took on as the next heir who was soon to be crowned prince.

At the end of the hall he stopped and lifted his head. He quickly turned around to see where the voice came from. Leaning up against the wall was a tall figure. He had his arms crossed over his chest and he stared back as Aladdin squinted.

"Dad?" he asked. The figure pushed itself off the wall and walked toward him.

"It’s about time you said something. I would have been standing there all day," the man said as he walked closer. He held out his hand to Aladdin, who shook it and then hugged him.

"Sorry about that.... I haven't been sleeping well for a while," Aladdin added as they walked down the hall together.

"What's wrong?" Cassim asked.

"It’s Jasmine she---"

"Wait, I get it," Cassim quickly added.

"No no, she hasn't been feeling well for what seems like an eternity," Aladdin added as he rubbed his forehead. "Every night she’s sick, then she sleeps until breakfast, eats like a hungry jackal and then sleeps some more."

"Maybe she’s sick," Cassim suggested.

"I had the doctors come, but they said she was fine!"

"I hope she’s gonna be ok. So, when did you get here?"

"Last night. Sorry to just show up unannounced, but Iago and I were just passing through and figured we say hi. So, where are you headed son?" Cassim asked.

"It's ok dad you're welcome anytime. I've gotta do my chores. Wanna come?"

"Sure, why not? I've got nothing better to do," Cassim said as they walked out to the stables.

"I'm sure your horse is tired dad, you can use one of the Sultan’s," Aladdin said as he pulled a tan horse from its stable. "You can ride the brown one," he added pointing to a horse in the corner.

"Thanks," Cassim said as he walked over to the horse. "Fred? The horse’s name is Fred?!" Cassim asked while looking at the nameplate hanging on top of the horse’s head.

"Oh, yeah. Genie named them all--well most of them," Aladdin replied as he watched one of the servants saddle his horse. "Over there are Larry, Curly and Moe."

"Oh, wonderful. Well, Fred, I guess it’s just you and me," Cassim said, pulling the horse out of the stable and handing it to a servant so that it could be saddled. When the horses were ready, Aladdin and Cassim climbed on them and rode out of the palace.

"So, what 'chores’ do you have to do?" Cassim asked.

"Well, first I have to ride throughout the streets to see how the people are and what’s going on---" Aladdin began.

"Why don't you have your genie do that?" Cassim asked.

"I have to do this on my own, Dad. He won't be around forever, and... oh wait I take that back, there are some things I can do on my own though."

"Oh, I see," Cassim added as they rode down the street.

"Good morning, sire," said voices from all around the marketplace.

"Good morning to you too, and if I don't see you good afternoon and good night," Aladdin added as the horses trotted passed the people. Cassim turned to Aladdin and lifted an eyebrow.

"What?" Aladdin asked in a confused tone. Cassim just shook his head and sighed.

"So, what’s after this?" he asked.

"The part I hate worst about this job," Aladdin answered.

"Oh yeah, what’s that?"

"Tax collecting," Aladdin said as he jumped off his horse and walked up to the broken down door of a small house. He knocked on what was left of the door. A woman came to the door and opened it a crack.

"Yes?" she asked in a timid voice.

"Excuse me ma'am, but I was sent by the Sultan to collect your taxes," Aladdin said in a soft voice. The woman opened the door wider and Aladdin could see four small children playing with a dog in the center room. The house had no furniture and the cupboards were bare. A small child ran to his feet and he bent down to pick it up.

"I'm sorry, I have no money, my children have not eaten in days. We will leave if that’s what the Sultan wants," the woman said as she turned to check on her children. Looking at the small boy Aladdin held, he reached into his pocket and gave the boy a pouch full of coins. "Give this to mommy, ok?" Aladdin asked as he put the boy down and looked at the scroll which he held in his hand.

"Oh, I'm sorry ma'am. It seems you HAVE paid your taxes. Please forgive me for my stupidity," Aladdin said as he crossed off the house number on the scroll he held and walked toward his horse.

"Allah bless you sire, the Princess was right in choosing you as her husband!" The woman yelled as tears fell down her eyes.

"You ok, son?" Cassim asked as Aladdin mounted his horse. The two of them galloped off.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Aladdin added.

"You're right. This is the worst job," Cassim agreed. The next house the two men pulled up to was rather large and decorated nicely with silk curtains. When Aladdin knocked on the door a young girl came and opened it.

"Excuse me miss, is your father home?" Aladdin asked.

"He’s not my father, he’s my master and yes he is. Hold on please," the girl said as she ran to get her master. A large man came to the door dressed in fine clothes.

"Yes?" The man bellowed.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but I've come from the Sultan on behalf of your taxes," Aladdin said while pointing to the scroll he held.

"Ah, yes, the taxes. What of them, boy?" the man asked.

'Boy,’ oh, how Aladdin hated that word. Not only was the man rude, but he was inconsiderate.

"You haven't paid them," Aladdin answered in the most professional tone he could manage.

"And you've come to get them, I presume?"

"Yes, sir," Aladdin answered.

"Well, I shall give them to the Sultan myself, not some street rat. Good day!" the man said as he slammed the door in Aladdin’s face.

"It’s a crime to use young girls as servants!" Aladdin yelled as he walked off.

"Well, you should know! You have the Princess!" the man yelled out of a window.

"Oh, that’s it. He’s going down," Aladdin said as he turned back toward the house.

"Hey, calm down. You're twice the man he is, literally. Just walk away and spit on his house," Cassim added in laughter.

"I should burn it!" Aladdin yelled as he mounted his horse and they continued on their way.

"Now what? Any more houses?" Cassim asked.

"Nope, that’s it. Now is the fun part. We walk through the marketplace and see what’s going on," Aladdin said as he galloped toward the marketplace.

"So, dad, how did you know when I'd get up?"

"When I came last night, the guards told me you get up an hour or two after sun up, so Iago and I slept in one of the many guest rooms," Cassim replied as both he and Aladdin dismounted.

"Iago is here?" Aladdin asked.

"Yup. Boy, has he missed you guys. Well, mostly the genie. He always tells me how annoying Genie is," Cassim added with a chuckle.

"Yeah, well that’s Genie for ya," Aladdin said as they arrived at the busy marketplace. Everywhere people stood trading, buying, and selling things amongst each other.

"Busy this time of year, huh?" Cassim asked.

"Well, it’s summer time and the crops are high in other areas of the world. I don't know about you, but I can use some coffee," Aladdin said as he hopped of his horse and walked toward a stand that sold coffee.

"Sure, but its my treat," Cassim said as he paid for the coffee and handed Aladdin a cup. "So, where is the Sultan?"

"He went on a cruise with a couple other Sultan’s to talk about their treaties." Aladdin answered while sipping his coffee. "Ready to go back?"

Cassim nodded and they headed for the palace.

¨

"Breakfast, here I come!" yelled Iago as he flew into the dining room. Jasmine, Genie and Abu were there waiting for him.

"Iago?" Jasmine said in a surprised tone. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, Cassim and I were passing through and we... I mean he wanted to see how things were going," Iago answered as he began to chow down on his breakfast. "I haven't had this good of a meal since I left," he said, food falling out of his beak.

"Iago, really, you should have better manners," Jasmine said disgusted.

"Yeah, well I haven't eaten since yesterday!" he yelled back at her. Jasmine rolled her eyes and sighed. "I'm telling you like father like son. Cassim doesn't sit down for a minute without something happening, which I might add he always gets involved in," Iago finished and took more food.

"Well, I'm glad you're here. It’s been a little to quiet without you and Genie bickering all the time," Jasmine laughed as she sipped her coffee. "And besides, you've come on a good day. It’s our anniversary!" she added with excitement. "I hope Aladdin remembered, I've reminded him for the past two weeks," Jasmine said as she put down her fork and looked out the window. The doors of the dinning room opened and Jasmine turned around to see Aladdin and Cassim walk in.

"Morning everyone!" Aladdin said in a cheerful voice. They looked at the table and saw that most of the food was gone. Iago and Abu were in the back of the room, avidly engaged in a food fight.

"Wow, what happened?" Aladdin wondered.

Genie answered and shrugged his shoulders.

"El Niņo?"

"I'm sure the cook will fix something up for you," Jasmine said with a smile as Aladdin walked over and sat next to her. She moved closer to him and whispered.

"I have a surprise for you."

He looked at her, confused.

"Did I miss something?"

Jasmine moved away from him and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Don't tell me you forgot!" she said angrily.

"Forgot what?" he asked.

"I can't believe you! I'm so mad?"

"What’s today?" Aladdin asked as he turned to his father, who shrugged his shoulders.

"Monday?" Genie answered.

"I know that Genie, thank you," Aladdin answered back. "Hmmm. It can't be our anniversary can it? Or your birthday?" He asked turning to her as her eyes widened with excitement.

"So, you did remember," she said and hugged him.

"He'd never forget your birthday," Genie said with a smile.

"Ha ha ha," Jasmine said as she reached under the table and grabbed a box wrapped in gold paper. "Happy anniversary," she said as she handed him the gift.

"No, wait. Let me give you mine first," Aladdin said as he opened a small bag that he carried in with him.

"Ah, here it is," he said, and handed her a small silver box with a piece of paper on top. As she took it from him, she opened the folded paper which read:

To my dearest Jasmine, whom I give my soul to and to whom I hope to share rest of my life with forever.

"Oh, Aladdin, this is the most wonderful thing. Thank you," she said, tears running down her face as she hugged him.

"Why the paper Al?" Genie asked.

"Well, the first anniversary is paper, so I thought what could I put on a piece of paper that would give real meaning to my thoughts?" Aladdin questioned.

The cook entered with more food and placed it on the table in front of Aladdin and Cassim, who began to eat right away. Looking at his son and Jasmine reminded Cassim of this own wife. Staring at the bright blue sky out the window, he remembered the good times he and his wife had and the love they shared. Remembering the night when he came back to Agrabah to find his family, he vowed never to love again. But finding his son was the greatest gift, and at that moment when he first saw Aladdin in the hideout of the forty thieves, he knew this was a great sign. Shaking his head he looked back at the happy couple and smiled.

"Dad, are you ok?" Aladdin asked.

"Um, just fine. Continue. I'm just as curious as the rest of us," Cassim said staring at the silver box. Jasmine carefully tore off the ribbon.

"We aren't setting any records here!" Iago yelled, not being able to control himself.

She lifted the lid to find a round gold necklace--or at least that’s what it looked like--with a blue topaz in the shape of a heart surrounded by white diamonds. As she took it out, gasps were heard around the table.

"It’s beautiful," Jasmine said, curiously inspecting it.

"Yeah, but what is it?" Iago asked.

"It’s a crown... type thing," Aladdin answered as he took the crown from jasmine and placed it on her head. The crown pointed down to the middle of her forehead where the topaz heart hung in the middle. Cross-eyed Jasmine stared at it.

"I love it. I've never seen anything like it. It’s so beautiful," she said giving him a big hug. "Now here’s your gift." Jasmine handed him a gold box. He tore away at the paper and lifted the lid of the box to find a new outfit which Jasmine had had made for him.

"Oh, wow. Thanks, Jasmine," Aladdin said holding back his disappointment.

"I know you don't like it, but one nice outfit won't hurt," she said in the sweetest tone of voice that she could muster. Snickering was heard throughout the room as Aladdin put the box aside.

"I'll um, try it on later," he said as he slid it under the table. "Thanks Jasmine."

"Oh, wait. I almost forgot. I have another gift for you," Jasmine said.

"Really? Where is it?" Aladdin asked.

"I'm pregnant," she said with a smile. When she finished, she looked around the table and back to Aladdin, who nearly choked on his food. Cassim was also trying not to choke as he took a sip of water.

"Wow, how did that happen?" Genie asked and got stern looks in return. "All right! Forget I asked," he said, looking away.

Aladdin dropped his fork and paused.

"Are you mad?" Jasmine asked.

Breathing deeply Aladdin answered her.

"Mad?" Quickly he tried to think of what to say next. "No, not mad just... surprised," he said, swallowing.

"Well, look at me then!" she demanded. He turned slowly to look at her smiling face.

"Wow, a baby," he said in a monotone.

"Baby," Jasmine mocked. "Daddy," she said pointing to him, "Mommy," she said pointing to herself, "and Grandpa," she said pointing to Cassim, who was as much in shock as Aladdin.

Snapping out of a trance, Aladdin smiled and brought Jasmine closer into a kiss.

"Sounds good!"

"I'll be in the bathroom if anyone needs me," Iago said as he flew out of the room. Jasmine hugged Aladdin tightly and said:

"I can't wait to tell Sadira."

"Wait, wait one minute," Aladdin said as he looked at everyone, "not a word of this can get out got it?"

Everyone except Jasmine shook their heads.

"Why?" she asked.

"I don't want anything to happen to you," he answered.

¨

Outside of the dinning room Iago flapped around wildly.

"What?! Did they move the bathrooms since I was last here?" he asked angrily. As he flew past some servants he smacked right into Rasoul.

"So, the flying rat has returned," Rasoul said laughingly. "Where’s the fire?"

"In my throat," Iago yelled. "I leave for a couple of months and those two are at it again. It’s bad enough they kiss nonstop now, but when the baby comes---"

"Baby?" gasped all the servants and the guards.

"Yeah, you heard right. Now, excuse me, I need a bathroom!" Iago yelled, flapping away. Throughout the hall the servants talked amongst themselves of the news.

¨

"So, Jasmine, how long did you know this?" Aladdin asked as they walked through the garden.

"Oh... about two months," she answered, "I just told the doctors to tell you I had a cold," she said taking his hand.

"Well, Dad," Jasmine began, "how do you feel about this?"

"I must say that I couldn't be happier. Finally, I can brag to the others about MY grandchild."

As they continued through the garden, Cassim told them about his adventures throughout other countries which he and Iago had visited. All, of course, ending with treasure.

It was noon and Jasmine became sleepy. She let go of Aladdin’s hand and walked toward the gates of the garden.

"Jasmine, wait!" Aladdin called after her. "Where are you going?" he asked. "I'm tired. I'm gonna take a nap," she called back to him.

"Oh, ok," he answered kissing her on the head. "I'll see you later," he walked back to his father.

As Jasmine walked inside, she noticed the servants oddly smiling and bowing to her. She remembered when she was little and refused to let the servants or any others bow before her, which caused a riot in the palace. But, in the end she always got her way. When she reached her room, one of the servant women came up to her.

"Congratulations, Princess!" The woman exclaimed in excitement.

"About what?" Jasmine asked in confusion.

"The baby!" the woman replied. Jasmine’s heart dropped and her smile fell as she turned to the woman.

"Where did you hear that?"

"The bird told me. He told everyone," the woman said as she continued down the hall. Pushing the handle of the door, Jasmine walked into the room and sat on the large bed that she and Aladdin shared.

It figures Iago would say something, she thought as fell asleep.

¨

As the sun set over the sea, a tall shadow in the shape of a woman rolled across the sand while the waves crashed upon rocks. As the figure stepped closer to the fading sunlight, the shadow disappeared. The owner of the shadow had bluish hair with purple highlights with eyes that matched the purple in her hair. She wore a purple halter top with no sleeves and black pants that stopped at her knees. Over the pants she wore a matching purple sash, tied in a not on the side. The extra material of the sash flew behind her as the wind picked up. From the sash, her dagger hung as did a small pouch. On her feet she wore flat black shoes. Upon her right arm, she wore a glove on which a white owl with blue eyes was perching. It watched every step its mistress took as if it were waiting for something to strike. In front of them appeared another person. "I've received your letter," the strange voice said to the woman with the owl. "You are Terra Badanov, if I'm not mistaken."

"You are most correct," the woman with the owl answered in a strange Russian accent. The owner of the other voice held out a tiny box with a sand colored lid.

"Is this not what you asked for?"

"Yes it is," Terra answered with wide eyes.

"But, as a great and wise woman once said, you can't get something for nothing you know!"

Terra looked down at her belt where she had a pouch of money.

"I have 10 rubles. That’s it," she said, handing it to the other figure.

"Your money is no good here, and I wouldn't except it anyway," the voice replied. "I see you don't know how to play this game."

"I've been doing it for years," Terra answered in a mocking tone. "So, what do you have in mind?" she asked in abruptly.

"I have a little revenge in mind. That stupid Aladdin of Agrabah is always getting in my way! He put a spell on me, and now I can't use my magic once I leave here! Word has it that his wife is pregnant," the other voice said, changing her tone of voice.

"Agrabah," Terra said through clenched teeth as she looked at the tiny box the other held.

"No Agrabah, no stone. It’s your loss," the other person, and began to walk away.

"No, no, wait I'll do it. So, you want I should kill her?"

"No, just bring her to me. I'll do the rest."

"I'm an assassin not a thief," Terra said with a sigh. "So, where does this Aladdin live?" she continued.

"The palace," the other said and disappeared.

"Palace!" Terra exclaimed. "It could've been worse, Kadin," she said looking at the owl, which hooted back. She whistled and a black winged horse came to her side "To the palace, Mystic," Terra ordered the horse, which took of toward Agrabah.

¨

"Iago!" Aladdin yelled from the garden. After the guards confronted him about the well spread news, he was furious. "I can't believe him, did I not say don't tell anyone?"

"Aladdin, calm down. He didn't mean to," Cassim said in defense of the bird.

"No, Dad, you don't know him. He’s got a big mouth," Aladdin finished as Iago flew into the room.

"Someone called?" Iago asked.

"You told the whole world THAT Jasmine and I are going to have a baby?" Aladdin asked angrily.

"Nah, only a few guards, some servants and maybe a few merchants that were in the palace. Why?" Iago asked.

"I... oh! Dad, help me!" Aladdin said trying to keep his cool.

"Wait, Iago wasn't in the room when you told us not to say anything," Cassim pointed out.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Does that help?" Iago said in his usual loud voice.

"NO!" Aladdin answered, and stomped out of the room.

"What’s so bad about the news?" Iago asked Cassim.

Sighing deeply he answered:

"It’s not that, Iago. Aladdin didn't want anything to happen to Jasmine in case the news got around."

"The kids never failed before!" Iago screeched and got a stern look from Cassim. "Jeez. I said I'm sorry."

¨

Behind a large sand dune in front of the gates to the city, Terra and her pet arrived. She watched a caravan entering the city and--with her magic--changed her shape into that of a vender. She grabbed a satchel off of her horse’s saddle and walked close behind the caravan as the guards inspected the newcomers.

"And where do you think you're going?" one of the guards asked her.

"I'm selling things in my shop," she angrily protested, in a usual Agrabanian accent.

"We don't like beggars here," the guard said in a stern voice.

"How dare you! I'm not a beggar," she added opening the satchel and showing its contents to him. What were once weapons were now golden trinkets and jewelry.

"Very well," the guard said in disappointment hoping to show off his authority. "You may pass."

Once inside, Terra ran down an alley where she spotted Kadin awaiting her arrival. She smiled as he flew onto her arm where the glove was. They climbed up on one of the houses and hopped on rooftops until they got close enough to the palace. Sitting down, she took out her satchel and changed both her image and the contents to their normal appearance. Inside was a crossbow with a rope that she had tied a small anchor to, her dagger, which she put on her sash, some rope and a cutting tool. By this time the sun had gone down and she looked at the palace doors below and saw that the guards had gone in for the night.

This will make it easier for me to get in,she thought as she turned to Kadin.

"You know what you have to do," she said to the owl, who flew into a palace window. Within five minutes, he came back and after a couple hoots she found out exactly where Jasmine was.

"Great!" she laughed as she shot the crossbow towards the balcony where Jasmine was sleeping. Meanwhile, Kadin flew back inside the palace and acted as a lookout. Terra quietly swung onto the balcony, trying to land as softly as she could.

When she stood up, she noticed the doors in front of her had been locked from the inside. She squeezed her hand into a hole by the lock and unlatched it. Slowly, she pushed open the doors and slipped into the shadows of the room. The room was quite large; this made it easier to sneak around in. As she hugged herself close to the wall, she hit a vanity and yelped in pain. Covering her mouth, she almost hit herself.

Some assassin I am. I'm glad the others didn't see this, she thought as she picked the things up that she knocked over. She clumped all of them back onto the vanity and began to walk around the room once more. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a shiny jewel. She reached over and picked it up. It was the crown that Jasmine had worn before she got married. The blue jewel shined in the moonlight as Terra examined it. In front of her, she heard a moan and quickly put the crown back on the vanity. She looked over to her left and saw a large bed decorated with hanging drapes and beaded jewels. Taking out her dagger, she pulled the drapes to the side and saw Jasmine sleeping peacefully. Terra smiled and brought her dagger closer to Jasmine’s body.

¨

In the hallway, Kadin heard the guards coming and flew in their direction.

"What was that?" one of the guards asked.

"I don't know, but we better follow it!" the other guard yelled. Running after the owl. they yelled:

"Get it! Follow that bird!" down the hallway.

In the throne room, Aladdin, Cassim, and Iago were talking.

"Well, there is nothing we can do about it now," Aladdin said.

"I'm sorry, kid. I had no idea it meant that much to you. This is the last time I'll ever say anything!" Iago replied.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Aladdin and Cassim said simultaneously. Just as they finished speaking, a white bird flew into the room with the guards close behind. The two men looked at each other and ran after the others.

"What’s going on, Fasal?" Aladdin asked.

"That thing attacked us," Fasal answered as they chased the bird down a hallway.

"What did I miss?" Genie asked as he popped out of his lamp and saw the guards running through every room in the hallway, trying to catch the bird. "Hmmm, is this a joke?" he asked.

"Genie, can you help us catch it?" Aladdin asked as the bird flew right over their heads.

"Sure thing!" Genie replied as he chased after the owl. They followed the owl back to the hallway where Jasmine was sleeping. Genie flew in front of the owl and threw crackers at him.

"Birdie want a cracker?" Genie asked as the owl banged into him.

"Owls don't eat crackers!" Iago shouted.

"I knew that. They're mouse shaped anyway," Genie added sticking out his tongue.

"Could've fooled me! And besides, owls can't talk," Iago commented as Genie held the owl tightly in his hands.

"Such a shame, isn't it, Al?" Genie said as he looked at the owl. "Now where did you come from?" he asked as Aladdin opened Jasmine’s bedroom door. Aladdin smiled and turned to see a figure bent over Jasmine.

"Jasmine!" he yelled as the figure lowered a dagger toward her. He took the nearest vase and threw it toward the sharp object in the figure’s hand. Jasmine awoke with a scream and pushed her feet into the figure’s torso, knocking it to the ground. As the person fell, she landed near the dagger and stood up with the dagger in her hand. Aladdin ran over to Jasmine as the guards ran into the room. Fearing for his mistress, Kadin pecked at Genie’s hand until he was released. Looking at her enemies advancing toward her, Terra knew she wouldn't stand a chance. She backed up and got closer to the balcony. Stepping onto the balcony ledge, she held her arm out as Kadin flew to her.

"Tah tah for now," she added with the strangest accent, and back-flipped off the balcony, whistling for her horse. Right away, the winged black horse flew underneath her and carried her to the top of the palace. The guards rushed to the balcony and looked to see if they could find her, to no avail.

Hugging Jasmine close, Aladdin ordered two of the guards to stand outside on the balcony, two inside, and two outside the door watching over the room.

"Are you ok, Jas?" he asked with great concern.

"Yeah," she said, rubbing her head against his chest.

"I promise nothing like that will ever happen to you again!"

"Who was that?" Jasmine asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"I don't know, but if she comes back, we'll be ready," Aladdin added, looking at the sun which was rising over the city.

¨

"Kadin, I blame you for this," Terra said as the horse landed on one of the sphere-shaped tops of the palace. The owl looked at her as she jumped off the horse. "Your job was not to lead them to me, but to keep them away! Ack...I can't blame you, you're to cute," she added as the three watched the sun rise.

The day rolled on, and Terra became hungry. She sent Kadin down into the palace to steal some food. He soon returned and dropped an apple in her hand.

"Spaceeba," she said, patting him on the head. Reaching into a satchel that the horse was carrying, she pulled out some tanning oil which she picked up from Greece and put it on her face and arms.

"Yuck, this is so oily," she commented while looking at her skin and deciding a tan would be nice.

Besides, it snows just about all the time at home, she thought and laid down with the apple. "Perhaps this wasn't the best clothes to wear here," she replied as the sun warmed her black clothes.

¨

"Who in the world was that?" Aladdin asked with extreme curiosity. Jasmine looked up at him as he picked her up off of the bed and held her in his arms.

"I didn't get a good look at her," Jasmine added, hugging Aladdin tightly. Genie looked around the room as the guards took their places.

"No trail either. She’s good, real good!" Genie exclaimed, raising his eyebrows.

"It doesn't matter, Jasmine. I promise this will never happen again!" Aladdin said in a caring tone. He glanced at all the guards to make sure the security was just right.

"Um, Aladdin, you can put me down now. I'm sure I can walk," Jasmine said as Aladdin looked around the room.

"Oh, sorry," Aladdin said, putting her down carefully. "Why don't we get something to eat? Maybe it'll take our minds off of what happened," Aladdin said; the others agreed.

The day seemed to go by quickly and the sun set over the palace. Aladdin and Jasmine sat in the garden and watched the view. Slowly, Aladdin leaned over

"What a nice night, huh?" he asked, only to be returned with a kiss. In front of them, blue smoke appeared and a loud grumbling voice roared:

"I am the thing from Uranus! You will fear me, mortals!"

Aladdin quickly threw himself in front of Jasmine only to see Genie appear laughing and pointing at them.

"Al, you should have seen yourself. You jumped ten feet high!" Genie said and laughed.

"I wasn't that scared," Aladdin protested.

"Yes, you were," Jasmine said, and wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"Sorry, guys. I needed that," Genie said and poofed away.

"Well, I'm getting tired, Aladdin," Jasmine yawned. He kissed her on the head and watched her walk inside the palace. Abu scrambled in along with Iago and Cassim and sat by Aladdin.

"So, where were you three today?" Aladdin asked.

"Treasure hunt!" Iago said, showing Aladdin a small diamond he found. "You know, kid, you should really reconsider your position at the palace."

"Nah, I'm gonna tough it out," Aladdin said as he pet Abu.

"Fine, but don't come crying to me if Agrabah is out of money and I'm rolling in it!" Iago said in his usual loud voice.

"Don't worry. I won't," Aladdin said and sighed. "So, where you off to next, Dad?"

"Tomorrow we'll head toward Africa," Cassim said.

"You're leaving already?"

"Company is like fish. It starts to stink after a few days," Cassim declared.

"Then we'll keep you in the cold box," Aladdin said with a smile.

"Well, it’s been a long day. I'll see you tomorrow before we leave," Cassim said, hugging Aladdin and walking to his room.

"Night, guys!" Aladdin said as he followed his Dad.

"Now would be a good time to go through the treasure, right monkey boy?" Iago said greedily. Abu agreed and they walked toward the treasure room where Cassim had placed the treasure they had found. Abu unlocked the doors and together they climbed in and started counting the coins in the golden chest they had found.

"One for me, one for you," Iago started. "Two for me two for you, Three for me three for... me, four for me three for you," Iago said handing out the gold with out Abu noticing. This gonna be easy, he thought.

¨

The sun set about three hours ago, and Terra was getting tired of waiting. She sent Kadin down to look and see what was happening. When he came back, he told her all was quiet and everyone was asleep. She smiled evilly at him. Reaching into the satchel, she took out the cutting tool and cut a hole big enough for her to fit through so that she could climb through the dome top of the palace. She took out the long rope and tied one end to the tip of the dome top and the other around her waist.

"Stay here, Kadin!" she ordered as she lowered herself down into the room. When she touched the walls, she quietly pushed her feet off to a lower level. Looking down, she saw a guard below her feet. Her eyes widened, but then she smiled and continued down. All of the sudden she couldn't go anymore and realized the rope wasn't long enough. Looking around, she untied the rope and landed on one of the guards. She quickly covered his mouth as the others asked if he were all right.

"You're fine, right?" she asked in the strangest accent the guard had ever heard. She took out her dagger and shoved the hilt into his back.

"I'm fine, just tired of standing!" the guard replied. From behind, Terra took the hilt and hit the guard on the head. He fell to her feet as she continued toward the bed. A loud crash came from behind her and she turned around to see what had happened.

Ack! That stupid vanity again! she thought as she bent over to pick the things up only to be knocked over by a force that lunged at her feet.

"Gotcha!" Aladdin said, pinning her to the ground.

"Oh, do you?!" she said and flipped him over her head. She stood up and turned toward the bed and saw five guards advancing toward her. Turning toward the balcony, she saw Aladdin--who had recovered rather hastily from his flight to the wall--and two other guards blocking her exit. They jumped on top of her and tied her hands behind her back. She laughed and gave in as they dragged her to the dungeon with Aladdin following them.

As they walked down the hallway, Aladdin stopped at a door and peeked inside and saw Jasmine sleeping silently in her old room. When they had reached the dungeon, the guards threw Terra against the wall and chained her tightly to the stones that it consisted of. Rasoul came forward and pushed her head into the moonlight to see her face. A gasp was heard as he dropped her bluish purple hair.

"Haven't seen you guys in ages. How’s it going?" she asked.

"It’s never been better," Rasoul laughed in a sarcastic tone. Aladdin came forward.

"Who sent you?" Aladdin asked.

"I'll never tell who he is. It’s an assassin’s code!" she quickly replied, shutting her mouth.

"He? He who?" Aladdin asked angrily.

Terra shook her head and looked away.

"Ok, Rasoul, since you know her so well--care to explain?" Aladdin demanded.

"Tomorrow I'd like the princess to meet her," Rasoul answered shooing the others out and slamming the door behind him. He opened a small panel on the door and looked at Terra.

"Sweetest of dreams. You'll never see another night again!" he added, and slammed the panel closed.

"Thanks. You too," she shouted after him. "I can't believe I got caught! Oh, well, there is always a solution to every problem," she said to herself as she watched the sunrise.

¨

"Eleven for you, Twelve for me," Iago added. As Abu checked out the new jewels and artifacts Agrabah had received he realized that Iago had been getting one more gold coin them him. Abu scampered over and scolded Iago.

"Oops, you're right. I was doing you first and thought eleven, twelve. It’s an honest mistake!" Iago yelled back as Abu considered it. With an ok from Abu, Iago continued as he equally split up the last of the gold with Abu closely watching.

"It’s to bad Cassim was too lazy to do this. Now he can get leftovers," Iago added finishing up with the counting. "There is one more and it won't be fair if only one of us gets it, so we'll give it to Cassim. Is that fair?!" Iago asked almost yelling. Abu shook his head and realized the sun had risen. He quickly scampered off toward the dinning room closing the door behind him.

"Stupid monkey. I don't think he'll notice a few more are missing," Iago said adding some more coins to his pile and heading toward the door. He pulled it toward him and it wouldn't budge.

"NO!" He yelled as he fell toward the ground. "No."

¨

"Morning everyone," Jasmine cheerfully said. She walked in and sat down by Aladdin.

"Jasmine?" Aladdin asked.

"Yeah?"

"We caught the girl who was in our room the other night," Aladdin replied.

"Yeah, that’s great! It was a girl?"

"More like a woman," Aladdin added after finishing his food. "Rasoul wants you to meet her."

"He does? Why?" Jasmine asked.

"Got me. After breakfast I'll go with you."

"Where are Dad and Genie?" Jasmine asked.

"Oh, they decided to get some breakfast in the market place. Genie also wanted dad to met Eden," Aladdin added smiling at Abu who quietly came in and sat down. After breakfast, they went to the dungeon and met Rasoul.

"Princess, I wish your father were here, too," Rasoul said as he opened the door and walked in front of them.

"Why?" she asked, looking at Aladdin who shrugged his shoulders. Where the sun shone brightly, a woman sat in its rays, squinting and shaking her head in agony.

"I'm wearing black. Is this the best place to put me?" she yelled.

"May I present Terra Badanov. The same woman who killed your mother," Rasoul said in a formal voice to Jasmine.

"What?!" Jasmine yelled angrily.

"Was me who killed her," Terra sighed with her head toward the ground. Jasmine stood there in shock not knowing what to do.

"Why?" Aladdin asked sternly.

"Money, power--the usual. I was promised all of that when I was put up to it. It was the stupidest thing I've ever done and I still haven't forgiven myself for it," Terra replied.

"Who?" Aladdin asked.

"Now that I can't tell. It’s the code of an assassin!" Terra answered.

"I will never forgive you! That is why I sentence you to death!" Jasmine ordered, pointing at Terra in anger.

"Ha! You can't kill me. I'm immortal!" Terra said and laughed.

"Then you'll live in pieces!" Jasmine yelled and stormed out with Aladdin trailing behind her.

"I knew you'd get caught. Everyone slips up," Rasoul said harshly as he followed Aladdin and Jasmine.

It was almost high noon and Terra’s sentence was an hour away. She looked out the barred window and saw Kadin fly by.

"Pssst! Over here," she whispered. The owl flew back over and landed on the sill by her cell. "About time you showed up. What'd you think when I didn't come back?" she asked. The owl hooted and she shook her head. “Yeah, right. I'd skip town without you and Mystic," she commented sarcastically. "Doesn't matter, though," she added, as her fists began to glow a blue color. The chains around her wrists fell and she stood up shaking her arms. "This is real torture! My arms fell asleep," she said angrily. "It’s your turn to use your magic," she said to the owl. He hopped closer to the bars and held them in his talons. As he did so they started to melt creating enough room for her to climb out. Terra jumped up to the window and pulled herself through as she struggled to get out.

She pushed herself out and hid next to the tall stairwells that led up to the palace. From inside the cell, she heard the guards yelling to one another to find her. Looking up at the sun, she smiled evilly at Kadin.

"Must be time."

On top of the stairs, she heard the footsteps of the guards. Terra moved against the wall in the shade until she reached a corner of the palace. "Find her!" Jasmine yelled as she and Aladdin helped with the search. Aladdin looked towards the gates of the palace Jasmine kept close to the wall. As they reached the end she stopped and looked at Aladdin.

"I'll look down here, you search the market." she said. Aladdin agreed with her and left for the marketplace. Jasmine backed up and felt a hand go around her mouth and her waist. She yelled only to hear it come out muffled.

"You stand no chance against me, princess," Terra said as she whistled for her horse. When Mystic appeared, she threw Jasmine over the saddle and ordered the horse to fly out of the city. Jasmine yelled and kicked, trying to get free.

"Ow, quit it!" Terra yelped. “Sorry, I have to do this," she added, placing her hands on the sides of Jasmine's head and draining a small amount of her energy. Within a few minutes Jasmine laid limp on the horse. Terra closed her eyes and took in a deep breath of air as Jasmine’s energy filled her.

"Haven't drained in weeks." While flying over the marketplace, Terra spotted Aladdin. She had Mystic fly close to the ground.

"Hey 'hero’!" she mocked, and made a rock appear in her hand. She threw it at him and picked up Jasmine’s head.

"Look what I've got!" she teased. Aladdin looked up at her and narrowed his eyes. Terra ordered the horse to fly out of the city as Aladdin called for Carpet.

"Sorry to ruin your quiet time, but Jasmine’s in trouble," Aladdin said as he hopped on Carpet. As they flew through the market, a big blue being appeared in front of them.

"Where are you two going?" Genie asked.

"Jasmine’s in trouble," Aladdin replied. "I'm glad I ran into you two. Dad, can you watch the kingdom while I'm gone?" Aladdin asked.

"Me? You want me to... well, ok," Cassim replied. Aladdin grabbed Genie by the wrist and flew off with him.

¨

"Sixty four bottles of ale on the wall sixty four bottles of ale, take one down... pass it around... sixty four bottles of ale on the wall," Iago said out of breath, hanging his wing through a hole that was designed on the doors to the treasure room. Abu scrambled by, not noticing him.

"A...bbbbbuuuuu!" Iago yelled in his horse voice, but to no avail. Iago looked over and saw the guard who sounded the alarm in the treasure room. "Hey buddy?!" he yelled. "How long have you been there?" Iago asked. The guards ignored him a chuckled. "Hey let me out!" Iago yelled.

"My job is to sound the alarm that’s all," the guard added.

"So, let me get this straight. You won't let me out 'cause I didn't take anything, right?" Iago asked. The guard nodded to Iago. "Ok! Fine!" Iago said, turning around and picking up some gold.

"Look! I'm stealing! Sound the alarm, put me in the dungeon, let me out!" Iago tried desperately to yell.

"Sorry, I can't. I don't have the key," the guard said and turned away.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" Iago shouted ripping out his feathers and running around the room.

¨

"She has a flying horse!" Aladdin said in wonder to Genie.

"Hmmm, where is it?" Genie asked, digging through his pockets. "Ah, here it is! Who’s Who Among Villains. This book has every evil personage in it that ever existed!" Genie stated as he searched through the book. "Oh, look here, Abis Mal, Hades, The Joker wow! Iago must be a famous evil name, there are two of them, " Genie laughed skimming through the pages. "Yanni, oops went to far."

"Who is that?" Aladdin asked.

"A musician Al," Genie replied shuttering. "He kills people with music. Ah, look! There she is, Al!" Genie announced, pointing to her picture in the book. "Her name is Terra Badanov. Hmmm, I wonder if she’s related to Boris?" Genie asked. "She’s an ex-Galafemme, and that ain't good!"

"Well, that would explain the horse," Aladdin replied as Carpet flew on.

"She was born in Russia and is an immortal. It says she’s like a chameleon and can blend her psychic persona with those of the people around her, " Genie finished.

"That sounds worse. Anything else?" Aladdin desperately asked.

"Um... just that’s she’s neutral," Genie replied.

"What does that mean?"

"She neither good or bad, or she'll work for both."

"Then what is she doing in an evil book?"

"Maybe she was evil at one time. These things get updated every year." Genie commented, looking at the date on the book.

"Great. If we ever need an assassin, we'll be sure to call her," Aladdin said sarcastically.

"Get closer to the ground Mystic," Terra whispered in the horse’s ear.

"What is she doing?" Aladdin asked as Carpet flew after them.

Terra reached into her satchel and took out a rope. Using it as a lasso, she threw it in Aladdin’s direction. It wrapped around him and she pulled him off Carpet. He flew through the sand as the horse galloped on the ground. Taking out a small dagger, he had, he cut the rope and threw it at Terra who lost her balance and fell. "You stupid mortal! What are you trying to do kill... oh wait you can't," she yelled as Aladdin advanced toward her. She whistled for the horse and slowly began to stand up. Grabbing a hand full of sand she smiled evilly and blew it at him. As it left her hand it turned into a giant fireball of energy. Aladdin stepped back and ran as the fireball came toward him. Genie flew in front of Aladdin and turned into a big trampoline. But to their disadvantage it went right through him. "I hope this thing has a warranty!" Genie said as he stuck his hand through the hole. "What was that?!" Genie asked rubbing his head.

"The kiss of death!" she replied. "You're next Genie!" She yelled and formed her energy into a web form. She threw it at Genie as he ran from her. "That should keep you put until I'm done." From behind Aladdin tried a surprise attack and advanced toward her. Turning around she used her magic to hold him in place. "Now don't you feel silly?" She asked. With her magic energy she created a pole in the sand and threw Aladdin against it. She took the rope that was near by on the ground and tied him up with it. "You won't be needing this," she added throwing his dagger far from him in the sand. Aladdin struggled to get free as she tied the ropes tighter. "Good make lots of noise so the jackals will find you," she said sweetly tapping him on the face. "Now where is that stupid horse?!" After whistling, Mystic came to Terra’s side. As she climbed on Terra waved her fingers to Aladdin and they took off.

"Carpet?" Aladdin yelled looking around. Timidly Carpet flew out.

"You ok Genie?" Aladdin asked. Eventually Genie struggled out of the web.

"Thanks for the help!" Genie replied looking at Carpet. Pointing to his tags Genie read them; dry clean only and Caution: flammable. The howling of the jackals could be heard as the day reached high noon.

"Genie, my plan wasn't to become lunch just yet," Aladdin said looking at the wolves, which circled around them.

"Oh, right," Genie replied cutting Aladdin free and placing him on Carpet. "Ready oh silk one?" Genie asked. Carpet gave an ok sign and they flew off in Terra’s direction.

¨

"This isn't so bad," Cassim added as he looked out of the balcony in the throne room.

"First a street rat and now a thief?" Rasoul whispered to another guard.

"Maybe we should have 'Be the Sultan for a day’ day!" The other guard whispered.

"So your highness, what would happen if the kingdom was attacked?" Rasoul asked.

"I might not have as much knowledge as your Sultan, but age does come with experience," Cassim replied walking past the guards.

"Please let me out!" Iago yelled looking out the window as the sunset. "I have eaten all day! I wish I never saw gold in my life!" Abu scampered by and saw Iago crying. He came up to the doors and taped Iago on the head.

"Monkey let me out, I'll be your best friend!" Iago screeched. Abu stuck his tongue out and ran out of the hallway.

¨

Mystic landed on the beach as the sunset and lifted Jasmine over her shoulder. Suddenly she woke up and knocked Terra off balance. Jasmine looked around and ran toward an opening. She looked back to see Terra gone and as she came closer to her exit Terra appeared in front of her. Grabbing her arms Terra flung Jasmine into a rock and used her magic to chain Jasmine down. Terra walked closer to Jasmine and looked into her eyes.

"I know this does not mean a lot, but I'm sorry for what I've done," Terra said softly in her accented voice.

"You'll die! I'll do anything I can to make sure you met you're end!" Jasmine yelled.

"I didn't want to hurt your mother. I wasn't gonna kill her even though I was told to, but she disobeyed me."

"Why?" Jasmine asked.

"It was a revenge thing; not from me, but the one who had me kill her. She told me about you and how much she loved you and your father. But her negotiating skills weren't to good and she never listened to what I said. She’s not the only one, there were thousands of others throughout the years."

"I'll never forgive you, you murderer!" Jasmine yelled.

"I like the formal assassin better," Terra replied. She sat down next to Jasmine and took out an apple, which she had taken from the market on the way out. Taking her dagger from her belt, she began to peel the apple.

"And you're going to kill me, too?" Jasmine asked.

"No, I won't hurt you," Terra said, holding up a piece of the apple to Jasmine, who turned her head.

"If not, then why did you hold a dagger near me when you first came?"

"If you were to awaken, you'd probably have seen it and shut up before you screamed." Terra finished. Jasmine noticed her feet were free and kicked Terra in the side.

"Ow!" she yelled, standing up and grabbing Jasmine’s hair.

"Let me go!" Jasmine yelled in her face.

"Yeah, ok. I'll go and do that now!" Terra yelled back at her. Jasmine kicked her again and with great anger, Terra grabbed her dagger and held it next to Jasmine.

"I have no patience at all and I'll take back what I said about killing you!" she yelled. In back of them a giant wave appeared carrying a woman.

"What are you doing?" the woman asked. Terra turned around, picked up her apple, and walked toward the woman.

"Sorry, Saleen, but I'm getting tired of waiting!" Terra replied.

"Saleen?!" Jasmine gasped as the mermaid girl turned into a human and walked toward her.

Saleen waved.

"Miss me?"

"No!" Jasmine yelled in anger. "What do you want with me?"

"You'll see. I'm just waiting for someone," she added, and ordered Terra to release Jasmine. Terra waved her hand and the chains fell.

Biting on the apple, she glanced at her pets which were missing. She sensed something was wrong and tilted her head to hear. On top of her Genie and Aladdin had pushed a bunch of large boulders down the hill. She turned around and dropped the apple as they landed on her.

"You can't be killed, but you can be stopped," Genie said as they flew toward Saleen who carried Jasmine into the sea.

"Saleen?!" Aladdin said squinting at the setting sun. Saleen waved and sent a huge wave in Aladdin’s direction.

"We'll be together soon," she added cutely. "Oh, and Aladdin, I wanna thank you for the lovely spell you put on me!"

"Spell? What spell?" Genie asked.

"I'll explain later," Aladdin added.

"Well, right now give me the Reader’s Digest version," Genie replied. Aladdin looked strangely at Genie and continued.

"I put a spell on her so she couldn't leave the shore."

"Oh," Genie said giving a thumbs up.

Saleen giggled and said,

"Today’s special sale: two for one!" she made a giant wave lift her and Jasmine up and had the sea floor appeared beneath them. Holding Jasmine by her wrist, Saleen held her over the parted water.

"What do you want, Saleen?" Aladdin asked.

"I want you to undo the spell and surrender to me," she answered, smiling. By the cliffs, the rumble of rocks started to move as Terra pushed boulders out of her way. All scratched and dirty, she stood up and saw her pets, which were all tied up. Snapping her fingers she untied them and angrily stared at the others. She stomped over in their direction and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I did what you asked, Saleen. Now give me what I came for!" Terra yelled.

"Not now. This isn't the best of times," Saleen snapped.

"Now!" Terra roared and the sky around them became black.

"You can't pester me!" Saleen laughed. Terra first narrowed her eyes at Saleen and then smiled.

"Fine. Have it your way," she said, as the sky grew darker. Terra crossed her arms over her face and stretched them out as she pointed to Saleen.

"Energy... strike!" she yelled, calling forth her powers. Lightning ran through her body and out her fingertips toward Saleen. Immediately, Saleen sent a wall of water to stop the lightning from hitting her. The lightning passed right through the water and Saleen yelled and ducked as the lightning brushed past her hair.

"My hair!" she yelled. "No one ruins my hair and gets away with it!" she added, sending a wave in Terra’s direction, knocking her down.

"Now, where was I?" Saleen asked looking down at Jasmine. Meanwhile, Aladdin had sent Carpet underneath Jasmine.

"You wouldn't let her go. You don't have the guts, Saleen," Aladdin yelled.

"Oh no?" she asked, looking down at Jasmine and seeing Carpet underneath her. "Nice try, sweetie!" she yelled at Aladdin. With her powerful voice, Saleen screamed and the wind pushed Carpet out from under her.

"They don't call me the siren of the sea for nothing."

The waves crashed on the shore and carried Terra with them after roughing her up a bit. She stood up and fixed herself.

"That’s it. I've had enough," Terra said to herself and whistled for Mystic. When Mystic came, she jumped on top and they flew in Saleen’s direction. Saleen saw a shadow above her and quickly looked up.

"It’s pay back time," Terra said. She jumped off of Mystic and lunged at Saleen, knocking both her and Jasmine off the wave. Saleen’s wave crashed before Jasmine landed in the spot where the ground once was. Tumbling in the water, Terra grabbed hold of Saleen’s head and began to drain her energy. With a slap from Saleen's tail Terra let go, but grabbed the sand colored box. The waves had lost their power and brought the three women to shore. Aladdin ran up to Jasmine and held her tightly.

"Jasmine? Are you ok?" he asked as her eyes began to open. Spitting water in his face, she coughed out a yes. They stood up and looked at the other women who were still unconscious. Terra slowly began to awaken. Looking at Jasmine and Aladdin, she knew she wouldn't stand a chance since draining magical energy took so much out of her. Whistling for her horse, she stood up and tried to keep her balance.

"She won't bother you for some time," Terra said, pulling her waist over the horse’s saddle. "Home Mystic!" she commanded the horse. Not far behind, Kadin flew up to her, screeching at the mortals down below.

"Where are you going?!" Jasmine demanded as she chased after Terra. "Come back here and face me, woman to woman!" she yelled angrily tripping over rocks on the sand.

"Maybe another time, princess!" Terra yelled back with her last breath before she blacked out.

"Jasmine, it’s over. Let her go," Aladdin said, holding Jasmine’s hands.

"No, I won't! Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow, but sometime soon I'll meet up with her and then the law will deal with her," Jasmine said collapsing in Aladdin’s arms. He jumped on Carpet and looked at Saleen. She lifted her head and spat out sand.

"When I get my powers back, I'll get you!" she yelled. "You and everyone else," Aladdin remarked sarcastically as the gang took off for Agrabah.

"Genie, you've been quiet," Aladdin said in a surprised tone.

"I didn't wanna get involved, especially with her," Genie said pointing to the book, which he made appear.

"Why not?" Aladdin asked.

"I can tell she isn't fond of Genies."

"But I thought you can't be killed," Aladdin added.

"No, there’s always a solution to every problem," Genie replied. "So, tell me what happened with you and Saleen?"

"Nothing too important. A couple of days before Jas and I were gonna get married I took a walk to the beach to think about it all, and guess who I came across?"

"Ariel?" Genie asked.

"Who? No, Saleen. She told me she was gonna crash the wedding. So, when I went back to the palace I went to Jafar's lab to see what I could do to stop her."

"What did it do?" Genie asked.

"Just stopped her from leaving the shore for a week. It was a lock spell," Aladdin answered.

"Good going, Al!" Genie said giving him a high five. "But, it’s been a year since you two got married."

"I know. Perhaps Saleen should read up on her spells," Aladdin snickered.

¨

After the Sultan had returned, Cassim had to explain what had caused Aladdin to leave his post. The Sultan understood and thanked Cassim for his time and help.

"Well then, I guess my job here is done," Cassim said, looking around for Iago. Carpet flew into the throne room and landed before the Sultan.

"Sultan! You're back so soon?" Aladdin asked.

"Well, I got home sick and---"

"I can explain. See, there was this---"

"You don't need to. I understand," the Sultan interrupted with a warm smile as he hugged Aladdin.

"This is most wondrous news!" the Sultan said cheerfully. Aladdin smiled and took Jasmine to her room. When she awoke, she saw him looking down at her.

"You ok?" he asked.

"Yeah. Where is everyone?" She wondered.

"Throne room. Dad’s leaving. Let’s go say goodbye," Aladdin replied. They walked down the hallway and saw a familiar red color inside the treasure room.

"Iago?" Aladdin asked looking inside.

"L..l..l.et me out!" he tried to yell. Signaling one of the guards, they opened up the gates and Iago flew out. Aladdin brought him into the throne room and had the guards carry the gold box.

"Where have you been?" Cassim asked.

"Don't ask. Let’s get outta here, the sooner the better. Stupid monkey!" Iago scolded as Abu laughed at him. When the hugs where done, Cassim left the city hoping to return soon and, as for Iago, he learned never to fool a monkey.

END