Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
The Baby War by Soraya Summers
[Reviews - 11] Printer

- Text Size +

The Baby War

“Wow, look at these pants!” Sadira said as Jasmine threw a bunch of clothes out of her closet.

“They are one of my favorite pair,” Jasmine said, pointing to the pink pants Sadira held.

“You wouldn't be able to wear them now, would you?” Sadira ask in the persuasive tone of voice. Jasmine looked down and noticed there was no way she'd ever be able to fit in such a small outfit while she was pregnant.

“Fine. Take them.”

“Is this the shirt that goes with the pants?” Sadira asked, digging through the pile of clothing and attempting to find the matching top.

“Yeah, but it goes with another pair of pants I have.”

“Oh!” Sadira sighed. “This would look so great with these pants.” Jasmine turned around and looked at Sadira with her hands on her hips.

“Go ahead,” she motioned pointing to the shirt. As the women continued to go through Jasmine’s things, Aladdin passed by.

“What is Sadira doing here?” Aladdin asked.

“She came over for breakfast,” Jasmine said, going back into her closet and throwing more clothes out of it.

“Why don't we just invite the whole world? That way no one will go hungry.” Aladdin remarked sarcastically.

“Sadira is our friend!” Jasmine said angrily.

“I know. I was just kidding. It seems that everyday there is someone here,” Aladdin said as he sat down by Sadira.

“I'll go---“ Sadira began.

“No, no, stay. You'll keep Jasmine out of my hair for awhile,” he whispered.

“I was just telling Sadira about the toys I got for our daughter,” Jasmine said as she rummaged through her clothes.

“You mean son, and I don't think he'll want to play with dolls, Jasmine,” Aladdin protested.

“Yes SHE will!” Jasmine declared.

“No he won't. So, what are you doing?” he asked, changing the subject.

“Having a party. Now if only we could find the perfect dress for you,” Jasmine answered.

“That’s ok. I think I'll go and see what Genie is doing,” Aladdin said, quickly getting up and walking out the door.

“Men,” Jasmine sighed.

+

As Aladdin came around the bend of a hallway, he noticed little plastic green pieces of some kind of toy all over the hallway.

“Genie?” Aladdin asked looking around. From above him a red light went off and a loud voice boomed.

“Warning: you have crossed into enemy territory. Prepare to be annihilated.”

Aladdin stepped back and from behind him Genie knocked him to the ground.

“There is no escaping why Al, why?”

“What are you talking about?!” Aladdin wondered.

“Why did you cross the line?”

“Line?”

“I'll get you out,” Genie replied. In a flash they appeared in a small room with a table in the center and a flashlight hanging from above.

“Genie, why are we in a closet?” Aladdin asked as Genie handed him a map.

“All of my men were lost!” Genie cried. “You and I are the only ones left.”

“Oh, I get it. This is some game that people play in the future right?” Aladdin asked.

“Shhh, you'll give us away!”

“I'm really not in the mood to play now. Maybe later,” Aladdin said as he opened the closet door.

“I see it!” Genie began. “I see the light.”

Walking out, Aladdin shook his head and continued down the hallway. He saw Rajah walk by and stopped to pet him.

“Hey, Rajah, how's it going?” Aladdin asked, noticing something in his mouth. It was a brick with a piece of paper tied to it. Curiously Aladdin took it and untied the string that held the paper onto the brick. He unrolled the wet paper and found a message. He could barely read it, but what he could make out was:

To the ruler of the wasteland,

I have realized how puny and insignificant that land you call a kingdom is. All though it does rack in a lot of dough, this world has no use for it. That is why my fellow officers and I have decided to destroy it. You can surrender now or try to tough it out later. Either way, we'll be taking it. See you soon.

You,

Weenie

As Aladdin read this, his eyes widened with fear. Fear for Jasmine and his people. Who would do such a thing? And to call the reader a weenie?

The nerve, he thought. He knew he had to do something before this officer went through with his plans. He went to the throne room and showed the note to the sultan. Right away, his top officers started planning their defense of attack.

“Surely, this must be some joke,” the sultan said, unsure.

“I doubt it, your highness.”

“I'm glad you brought this to me, my boy,” the sultan said as he paced back and forth.

“Is there something I can do?” Aladdin asked.

“Perhaps you should prepare in case this person follows through with his order,” the sultan suggested.

“I'll act as commander if it’s ok with you, your highness,” Aladdin replied.

“You are willing to take that responsibility?” the sultan asked.

“Yes, sire.”

“Then it’s all yours.”

+

Later that day, Aladdin was walking through the garden and saw Genie walking by with his head toward the ground.

“What’s wrong, pal?” Aladdin asked.

“Nothing, just looking,” Genie answered.

“Done playing that silly game?”

“Yup, just cleaning up,” Genie added as he walked back into the palace. As Genie left, Jasmine and Sadira walked by.

“Hey,” Sadira smiled.

I can't let them know what's going on, it'll worry them too much, Aladdin thought as he smiled and waved.

“What's that in your hand?” Jasmine asked, pointing to the latter which Aladdin held.

“Oh, nothing. Just a letter from my Dad,” he replied, putting it behind his back.

“Well, what did he say?” she asked.

“Just that he’s coming,” Aladdin quickly answered.

“Oh, that’s good to hear!” Jasmine replied. “Since our daughter is due any day, he'll be here when the baby comes,” she added with a smile and continued on through the garden with Sadira.

“No, no, our son. You have to stop doing that!” he yelled after her.

“He’s been like this throughout the whole pregnancy,” Jasmine sighed.

“So, did you two pick out names yet?” Sadira asked.

“Yup, if it’s a boy we are gonna name him Ali, but since it’s a girl, we are gonna name her Aliyyah,” Jasmine said, sitting on a bench in the garden.

“Aliyyah?” Sadira asked.

“we've decided that either way we'd name the child after Aladdin, when he first tried to pass as a prince,” she said as Sadira sat down next to her.

”That’s a beautiful name,” Sadira commented.

”You should see her bassinet. It’s so cute. Genie gave it to us for our baby shower,” Jasmine smiled. “Oh, oh, wanna feel it kick?” Jasmine asked, placing Sadira’s hand on her stomach.

“That’s so cute!” Sadira replied.

+

“What's going on?” Aladdin asked the sultan as he passed through the throne room.

“The guards are training. It’s better to be safe than sorry,” he added. Everything was set by the time the guards mounted their horses with Aladdin in the lead. As they headed out of the city, Aladdin heard the muffled sound of galloping horses hooves in the distance.

“Ready your weapons!” Aladdin ordered. The guards obeyed and readied their swords and crossbows. As the galloping became louder, a figure appeared before them. With a pull of the reins, the figure stopped his horse and put his hands in the air.

“I surrender!” he yelled. Realizing that the figure was his Dad, Aladdin ordered the guards to put down their weapons. He rode over to greet the arrivals.

“Some welcoming committee!” Iago shouted,

“Sorry, I thought you were someone else,” Aladdin replied.

“What's going on?” Cassim asked.

“I received this threat note from some general who said that Agrabah was going to be destroyed,” Aladdin answered.

“You were right. Something is always happening here,” Cassim commented, looking at Iago who nodded. Just as Aladdin rode up to Cassim, Sadira ran out of the city gates.

“Aladdin, Aladdin!” she yelled. Aladdin quickly turned in her direction.

“Oh, no! They must have attacked from behind the palace,” Aladdin said, dismounting from the horse.

“What? What is it?” he asked.

“It’s Jasmine. She’s having the baby!” Sadira exclaimed.

“What?!”

“Looks like we made it on time,” Iago said to Cassim.

“Come on. Let’s get back to the palace,” Sadira said.

“No, I can't. What happens if we get attacked?” Aladdin asked.

Sadira looked at him with great sadness in her eyes.

“It’s your choice, Aladdin,” she added looking toward the ground.

“This war thing has gone to your head,” Cassim added.

“Aladdin, for months all I've been hearing about is how you can't wait to see your ...uh, baby,” Sadira said. “If you stay here, then I've lost all respect for you.”

“No, you're right, it’s just that... I'm not ready to take all this responsibility,” Aladdin said.

“It’s a big job and only the strongest of men can handle it,” Cassim added. “you're right, Dad. Rasoul, you're in charge until I get back!” Aladdin ordered as he mounted his horse and took off toward the palace.

+

Six hours later, everyone was waiting outside of the bedroom where Jasmine was.

“How much longer is this gonna take?!” Iago asked rudely only to be hit by Abu.

“Patience is a virtue,” Cassim said.

“I hope she’s ok. That doctor better know what he’s doing!” Aladdin said rubbing his forehead as Abu climbed onto his shoulder.

“I don't think I envy her any more,” Sadira said as she watched Genie and the sultan pace back and forth down the hallway.

“Thanks, Sadira,” Aladdin began.

“For what?” she asked.

“For being there when Jasmine and I needed you.”

“That’s what friends are for,” she added giving him a big hug. As Genie looked out the window, he noticed the rows of guards that where lined up outside the city gates.

“What's going on?” Genie asked. “Are they gonna salute when the kid comes?”

“No, Genie. Where have you been? I found this threat note tied to a brick,” Aladdin told the blue giant.

“A note?! Uh oh, Al we have to talk,” Genie said pulling Aladdin away from everyone.

“That note wasn't for you.”

“What do you mean?”

“don't you remember the little green soldier pieces on the floor?” Genie asked showing him his plastic green solders.

“Yeah.”

“Well, I sent the enemy team that note and I lost it,” Genie added shaking Aladdin.

“Rajah must have picked it up!” Aladdin said hitting himself. “So, there is no war?!”

“Nope,” Genie replied.

“Well, what was that 'you weenie’ part about, then?!”

“’You weenie’?” Genie laughed. “It said 'Yours, General W. Genie’.”

“It probably got messed up from Rajah holding it in his mouth,” Aladdin realized. “Now, what are we gonna do? I can't tell the sultan it was all a game.”

“The only thing we can, stage a war! Lights, camera, action!” Genie yelled, as he used his magic to bring the plastic toy solders to life and onto the battlefield.

“Those things aren't gonna hurt anyone, are they?” Aladdin asked.

“Nah...I took out the action move parts on them,” Genie replied.

Within a few minutes, all that remained were plastic pieces on the ground. The guards had fought and won the battle against the rather strange-looking foes and had gone back into the kingdom with quite a story to tell. The door opened up and the doctor came out of the room. Aladdin ran back with the others.

“Is she ok? Did anything happen? You sure you know what you are doing? What about the baby?!” Aladdin asked.

“Calm down, sire. Why don't you ask her yourself?” the doctor replied, moving aside to let the family enter. Aladdin rushed to Jasmine’s side with the others trailing close behind.

“Are you ok?” Aladdin asked, kissing her head.

“Just fine,” she smiled. “Now, would you like to hold your son? Or your daughter?” she asked. Aladdin could not believe it as he looked down at the tiny bundles Jasmine held in her arms. “Twins?” Aladdin asked with great astonishment. Jasmine smiled up at him sweetly and handed him the closest baby, being his son.

“Me next!” Sadira said, touching the baby’s head.

”Here Sadira,” Jasmine said, handing her the baby girl.

”She’s so beautiful!” Sadira exclaimed, cuddling the baby as the sultan waited for his turn.

”Please be careful!” Jasmine exclaimed

“So, what're the kids names?” Iago asked.

“Ali and Aliyyah,” Aladdin answered looking at Jasmine who grinned back.

“Aw, look at the little Al,” Genie said looking over Aladdin’s shoulder.

After everyone got a look at the babies, they were handed back to Jasmine. “I told you it was gonna be a boy,” Aladdin said kneeling down next to her by the bed.

“You were only half right,” she smirked, while cuddling the tiny babies. “We should leave Aladdin and Jasmine alone,” the sultan said as he kissed his daughter and shooed everyone out of the room. Everyone waved goodbye to Jasmine and the babies while the sultan closed the door behind them.

Cuddling the small children, Aladdin leaned over and kissed Jasmine.

"They are so beautiful!" he said as they compared the children to each other and day turned into night.

END!!!!