Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
One Question by Grace Nakimura
[Reviews - 1] Printer

- Text Size +
One Question

by Grace Nakimura

"What were they after? The gifts?" Aladdin heard Jasmine ask. Her face was sad and her beautiful wedding dress was tore she looked sighing at a broken gold vase. Aladdin clenched his fists with both anger and sadness. 'Why did those thieves have to come and ruin his and Jasmine's wedding? The day they had waited for, for years. "Not all of them" He told her turning to look at her in her beautiful face. He showed her the staff he had garbed away from the King Of Thieves seconds before the elephant had crashed through the wall. Through the haze of thoughts and feelings he had hardly noticed Iago landing on the Staff.

'Why not all the other great stuff? Why go for this thing?" Iago squawked in that loud voice of his. 'is the presents all he can think of?' Aladdin asked himself in his mind. 'how could he be so cold hatred' Aladdin's mind snapped back to reality as the staff glowed Iago also startled jumped to the floor.

"YOUR QUESTION IS MINE TO ANSWER!" A loud voice echoed threw the room and the room was filled with a white blinding light. A woman or a least it looked like a woman stood tall in the center of the room.

"The King of Thieves sought my sight to find the Ultimate Treasure."

Iago's eyes lit up.

"Did somebody say treasure?" The bird asked rubbing his wings together.

'So Greedy' Aladdin thought sighing.

"Genie?" Jasmine asked turning to "Big Blue" for answers to what this thing that came out of the Oracle was.

"Oh looks like an Oracle" Genie said with what Aladdin thought was amazement.

"I see all that's has been and all that will be"

"Oh no, Oh no definitely an Oracle tells the future oh no" Aladdin paid no attention to the joke Genie made next. His mind was more fixed on the Oracle. Her words rolled around in his head 'I've seen all that has been and all that will be.' maybe she could tell him about his past. He could not remember anything that had happened when he was a kid. Only bits and bites were all that he could remember. And the feeling knowing you know nothing about your parents nor yourself was eating him up alive.

"So where is the treasure? You know the ultimate one?" Iago continued on with his greedish act.

"I'm bound by the rule of one. One question one answer." The Oracle reported.

"I only want one answer!" Iago sound annoyed now "Where is the Ultimate Treasure!?"

"You have already asked your question.'' the Oracle folded her arms and looked the bird in the face.

Iago flew there for a second with his mouth opened. "That?.....That was...um..thinking out loud!"

"Very loud" Genie grumbled snatching Iago out of the air.

Jasmine walked up to Aladdin taking his arm. "We can learn anything about our lives, our future." she sounded dazzled. He smiled for the first time since the forty thieves attacked. "I know what my future is. My future is you." He smiled at Jasmine holding her soft hands they stared into each other’s eyes knowing that a whole future of love and happiness was ahead of them and they did not need an Oracle to tell them that for they already knew that as long as they stayed together they would be happy.

Aladdin's face saddened as he remembered his past again and how blank it was.

"But my past is so blank, my mother died when I was just a kid and I didn't even know my father. I have no idea were I come from." Aladdin held his father's dagger in his hands looking down at it sadly.. Jasmine held a tender hand on his shoulder. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Genie look at him sympathetically.

"You have but to ask, but remember the rule of one. Choose carefully." The Oracle warns.

He looked up at her for a minute. He needed more than one question. His mind was like a burnt out light bulb, so blank and he had a million questions rushing threw his head, how could he chose just one? One question would never answer all of the years that had been shut of from his mind.

"I don't think you could help me. My past just 'isn't one question it's a million questions!" he exclaimed and turned his back not being able to face the Oracle. To face it was like facing his past. A silent past. A past he did not know.

"But many questions about your past can be answered by your father." The Oracle's words caused Aladdin's heart to jump into his mouth. He spun around not knowing what to do, what to say, nor how to react. "My Father!?" He gasped. He hardly noticed the others shocked features. All other thoughts had been shoved out of his mind while that one thought took over his brain.

The Oracle made an image of his father appear. He stared stricken at it. He felt headed and dizzy. He was shocked.... beyond shocked. All what he could do was mutter three words. "My father’s alive?"

The Oracle made the image disappear and she went back inside the Oracle. “Aladdin are you ok?" Jasmine sounded concerned. Aladdin knew his skin had paled. He tried to answer Jasmine but his mind just would not respond. Than everything began to get woozy and dark the last thing he could remember was being caught in Genie's arms before he hit the floor.

Aladdin opened up his eyes. He was inside his hovel for a second he wondered if the whole thing had been some dream but the looks on his friends faces made him know it was not. "You all right Al?" Genie asked patting his head with a cool cloth. He only nodded his head. He was still in shock over his newfound knowledge.

"I just need some time to think" He finished off looking at his friends.

"Are you sure you want to be up here alone?” Jasmine asked softly. He nodded to her giving her a small sad smile. Jasmine kissed his cheek softly as she and the guys left with nothing by sympathy for him.

Aladdin brought out the dagger he stared at it for along time. He always wanted to know about his father but how could a man abandon his own son and wife? Did he even care? Why did he leave? Were did he go? Did his father ever see him when he was born? Did he even love him and his mother? And if he did why did he never come back to them instead of making them believe he was dead all these years? Aladdin lowered his face in his hands and let out a sob. If anyone else had been in the old hovel they would have seen Aladdin cry for the first time in his life.

A few hours must have past because he heard footsteps coming up the stares of his old hovel. He sighed as he watched who it was that approached. it as not surprising it was Jasmine. "Aladdin" She spoke "What's wrong?" she picked up the Oracle which laid on the floor.

“I always wanted to know about my father but now I'm not so sure how can man leave his son. Did he even care? Maybe I don't want to know." he turned his gaze to the floor.

"Yes you do" Jasmine told him knowing what he himself did not even know himself.

"How can you be so sure?" He asked turning his head to the window not wanting to shed any tears in front of Jasmine.

"Because I already know him" Jasmine held his arm.

Aladdin looked at her startled.

“Because I know you" She finished.

Aladdin smiled at her lowering his head his cheeks were hot. He loved Jasmine with all his heart and she loved him back. He cared about all his friends deeply and he would do anything for them. But could he honestly say he loved his father? How could he love someone he never knew? Until he met Jasmine he did not even know the feeling of the word love. He had never had someone love him back. He grew up without it alone on the streets. It was Jasmine that gave him the feeling of love and he loved her with all his heart and would do anything for her.

"You showed me the worldWhen I was all locked up insideYou reached out your hand and took me on a magic carpet ride."

Jasmine sang and pulled him on the Carpet which takes off threw the window.

"When I look at your smileI can see the light shining everywherePeople like you don't come out of thin air"

She handed him the Oracle but he refused it. He could not take it. He climbed off the carpet and rested against a piece of timber. 'she does not understand how it's like not to have a family, she does not know how it is not to have anybody who loved you while you were growing up.

"Oh Jasmine" He sighed.“You don't understand,there is so much that you don't see,think if you can what growing up had to be like for meyour father is a man who thought you who you aremine was never thereso how can you say I don't come out of thin air?" He continued the song remembering how he had been shut out of homes as a kid and left on the cold streets. No love for him at all just emptiness.

The carpet swooped him up and landed on Jasmine's Balcony. He went over to the railing.

"There is so much I want to know""You got the chance to learn.""if it means I'll have to go?""I'll be right hear when you return."

The gazed into each others eyes and held hands.

“Our wedding can wait.""I love you," He said as he hugged her.“I think it's worth a small delay.""Maybe your right." He sang taking the Oracle from Abu who held it out towards him. He brushed his little friends head tenderly. Jasmine took his arm and they walked together toward the railing.“And wouldn't be great for your father to see our wedding day?" Jasmine continued singing."I waited so long to learn the truth.""Now at last we can finally say"

They held each others hands and looked deeply into each other's eyes.

"Your father is really there.""There is so much that we might share"

The raised the Oracle up and it began to glow.

“And you'll finally learn that you don't come out of thin air." They finished the song together.

Through danger and adventure and trouble and despair they knew that they would always be together and that there love would conquer all.

The End