Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
I Didn't Know by Shelby Lindrud
[Reviews - 4] Printer

- Text Size +
All characters belong to Disney except Princess Lily.

I Didn't Know

by Shelby Lindrud

Aladdin and Genie were playing chess in Al's hovel when Aladdin heard a stumble.

"Stupid step," a girl said. Aladdin recognized the voice instantly.

"Hey Jasmine, are you ok?" Aladdin asked as he walked over to the stairs.

"'Yes, I'm fine. I just tripped on the hem of my dress," Jasmine said as she appeared from the dark. Instantly Aladdin was speechless. Jasmine was wearing a dark blue dress with silver trim. Her hair was braided and piled on top of her head. Around her neck was the locket Aladdin had given her for her eighteenth birthday.

"Wow Jasmine you look gorgeous!" Aladdin said as he helped her up the rest of the stairs. "I didn't forget an important date, did I?"

"No I just needed to tell you that Lily is coming for a short 'political trip. She'll be here in a few hours," Jasmine told Aladdin as she walked over to the chess board.

"That doesn't explain why you're so dressed up," Aladdin said as he sat back down.

"Oh, Father is having some important merchants and their wives over at the palace. You can come if you want to but I'm not going to force you to do something that I don't want to do," Jasmine said with a sigh. Aladdin wrapped his arm around Jasmine's waist and pulled her down on to his lap.

"I am not going to leave you suffering with a stuck up princess and crazy merchants all by yourself. I'm coming. Let's go, because I have to change at the palace," Aladdin told Jasmine.

"Thank you," Jasmine said as she gave Aladdin a kiss.

"Oh please, I just ate!" Aladdin squawked. Jasmine smiled as she stood up. She was about to leave with Aladdin and Carpet when she turned back to the chess board. "Checkmate," Jasmine told Genie as she moved Aladdin's queen.

"Hey I beat you again Genie," Aladdin called as he, Jasmine, and Carpet flew off leaving Genie to pout.

Twenty minutes later Jasmine waited inside of Aladdin's room while he changed behind a curtain. Jasmine was looking at a small painting of herself and Aladdin when he came out from behind the curtain.

"Jasmine can you help me with this cape?" Aladdin asked her as he walked over.

"Of course. Aladdin can I ask you a question?" Jasmine asked while she clipped on his cape.

"You can ask me anything. I hide nothing," he responded.

"Why don't you use your room? I mean why don't you live at the palace?" Jas asked him.

"I don't seem to need to. I've got a home of my own. Besides if you were marrying a prince he wouldn't move in intil after the wedding," Aladdin told her as he faced her.

"I know that, it's just that I want us to be closer then we are. I hate having the entire city between us. Besides it's easier for you to come to me than me to come to you. You don't have to do anything about it, I'm just asking. You look really nice. Much nicer than any prince I know," Jasmine said as she kissed Aladdin on the cheek. As she turned to walk out Aladdin grabbed her arm and kissed her with all his might. When they parted Jasmine gave his hand a squeezed his hand and gave him a knowing smile. She knew that Aladdin didn't feel right about living in the palace, but she really wished he would get over it. Aladdin took her hand and followed her out the door.

Princess Lily had just arrived when Aladdin and Jasmine came into the banquet hall. Along with the Sultan and Lily there were three merchants and their wives.

"Jasmine, Aladdin glad you came my boy," the Sultan said as Jasmine and Aladdin sat down.

"The dinner seemed to last forever. Aladdin was seriously thinking of getting up and leaving. But suprisingly Jasmine was the one who excused herself. She left the table and walked out into the gardens. Aladdin followed with out saying a word.

Jasmine was sitting outside on the peacock fountain. She was playing with the small goldfish in the water.

"Why did you leave? Your father looked like he was going to have a heart attack," Aladdin said as he sat down next to Jasmine.

"I felt like I was going to fall asleep. Besides I wanted to smack Lily. She kept looking at you like a vulture," Jasmine told Aladdin as she snuggled up against him.

"You weren't the only one who wanted to slap her. The wives of the merchents looked really hostile towards her too," Aladdin responded as he kissed the top of Jasmine's head. "There is no reason for you to be jealous, you know I'll never leave you,"

"Oh, so it's ok for you to be jealous when a prince comes, but when a princess comes I can't. Is that right?" Jasmine said with a smile. Aladdin squezzed her tighter, his embrace full of love for Jasmine and only Jasmine.

"No I guess not. But you should know I'll never leave you because I can't find anyone better than you. Me on the other hand is worried that you can find someone else. That is why I get jealous. I really don't mean anything by it," Aladdin answered Jasmine's remark.

"Well you can stop worrying as well. I can find nobody better I assure you. You are my life and people only get one of those," Jasmine reasured Aladdin with those words and a kiss. Aladdin smiled down at her. He lifted his head for a splot second and his smile was replaced with a frown. Jasmine looked over at where he was looking and let out a sigh. Lily was walking towards them. Lily had been trying to get Aladdin from Jasmine just like Sedeara. Aladdin let out a shrill whistle and Carpet came flying over. Jasmine nodded her head and gave Aladdin a quick kiss and watched him fly off. Jasmine then turned to face Lily.

"Where did your boyfriend go Jasmine?" Lily asked.

"He went home. He'll be back tommorow," Jasmine told Lily as she started to walk towards the palace.

"If you're worried that I'm here to take your precious boyfriend then you can stop flattering yourself. I don't need him. I can get any man I choose," Lily said as she followed Jasmine.

"How?" Jasmine asked as she turned to Lily.

"I take this spice and that my mother takes. It gives us this huge burst of energy. Men seem to like that in women right now. My dad was yelling at my mother because she didn't do anything with herself. She started taking this spice and my father hasn't said anything since. I started taking it and I have never been more alive. Men like your Aladdin have been all over me since I started taking this stuff. Here have a leaf, just in case," Lily said as she handed Jasmine a purple leaf.

"Is it safe?" Jasmine asked as she looked at the leaf in the moonlight.

"Of course it's safe," Lily said with a laugh. She put one of the leaves in her mouth and walked off. Jasmine looked at the leaf and put in her pocket. She looked up hoping that Aladdin and stuck around. He was nowhere around. Jasmine let out a sigh and walked back to the palace. All of a sudden she was really tired.

The next moring Jasmine was still asleep when Aladdin came to see her. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and focused on Aladdin's face. "Morning love. Sleep ok? You sure slept in," Aladdin told her.

"For some reason I was really tired after you left," Jasmine said as she got out of bed.

"Hey the guys and I are going for a hike at some oasis. Want to come?" Aladdin asked her as he helped her up.

"No, I'm really tired and I don't think my father would appreciate it," Jasmine told Aladdin.

"Hey no problem," Aladdin said trying to hide his dissapontment. He gave her a quick kiss and flew off. Jasmine felt terrible about what she she just said. She was the one that had mentioned being closer. She slipped on her clothes and was going to walk out when sht felt a small leaf in her pocket. She fished out the leaf from her pocket. It was the spice that Lily had given her.

"Lily said it was safe," she said as she fingered the leaf. Jasmine took in a deep breath and put the leaf in her mouth. At first nothing happened but then Jasmine felt a burst of energy. "Wow this stuff really works," Jasmine said excitedly. She rushed to the balcony hoping carpet was still in 'earshot' and gave a whistle, just like Aladdin had taught her. She waited a few moments and then saw a small speck in the sky. The speck soon grew into Carpet, with Aladdin and the gang.

"I've changed my mind. Is there still room for one more?" Jasmine asked Aladdin.

"For you, always!" Aladdin said with a smile as he helped Jasmine up on Carpet. As they flew away Jasmine felt her energy surge again.

Jasmine was more energetic than Aladdin had ever seen her in a long time. She was always ahead of them, telling them to hurry up. Aladdin never had so much fun in his life. When the group settled down for lunch, Aladdin took Jasmine aside to talk to her.

"Hey Jasmine you sure are energetic today. What is the big change?" Aladdin asked.

"I don't know. When you left I felt really bad, especially after I said I wanted to be closer. So I told myself I was going to go with you and I was going to have fun," Jasmine told him, leaving out the part about the leaf.

"Well I'm glad you came," Aladdin said as he leaned in a gave her a kiss. Jasmine smiled as they walked back to the picnic.

They got back to Agrabah right after dinner. As Jasmine and Aladdin ate a small meal Aladdin decided to tell and ask Jasmine something.

"Jasmine I've been thinking about what you said and I want to try to live in the palace. That is if you still want me to?" Aladdin said.

"Really?! Of course I do!" Jasmine said excitedly. She rushed into his arms and gave him a hug. They were moving in for a kiss when Lily ran in. Her hair was all over the place, her eyes has a wild look in them.

"Hi Aladdin! How is the princess treating you?" Lily asked her voice strained.

"Uh fine. Are you alright?" he asked as he moved closer.

"Yeah I'm fi..." Lily started to say, but her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she slumped forward.

"LILY!" Jasmine screamed.

"Jasmine go get the doctor!" Aladdin yelled as Lily started to shake. Jasmine turned and ran as fast as she could. She spotted the doctor down the hallway she was running down.

"Doctor! Princess Lily blacked out!" Jasmine told him. The doctor nodded and followed Jasmine.

Genie was waiting outside of Lily's room waiting for Jasmine to come. The doctor rushed in. Lily was lying on her bed. She was still shaking. Aladdin was desperately trying to hold her down. Jasmine came up from behind and pulled him back. Aladdin clutched Jasmine in a crushing embrace, not letting go. Jasmine returned it not wanting him to let go.

A few minutes passed and Lily stopped shaking. She slumped back into a fitful sleep.

"Will she be ok?" Aladdin asked worriedly.

"I don't know, we should know in the morning. I don't know what caused it," the doctor said.

"I do. A friend of mine had a fit like this and he died. The next day we found out that he was taking Shena. It is a spice with purple leaves. It gives people a sudden burst.. of.. energy," Aladdin said as everything fell into place. He turned to Jasmine, his eyes filled with anger and disbelief. "How many did you take?!" Aladdin asked her softly, his voice thick with anger.

"Just one, this morning," Jasmine whispered. She had never seen Aladdin so angry at anyone, and it terrified her that that anger was directed towards her.

"How could you! Didn't you know what that thing could do to you! I thought you were smarter than that Princess!" Aladdin literally screamed at Jasmine. He gave her one last hurt and disgusted look and ran out of the room.

"ALADDIN!!" Jasmine screamed as she fell to her knees. "Aladdin please!" Genie watched stunned, speechless for the first time in his life. He helped Jasmine up and lead out of the room. He started to lead her to her room. But Jasmine broke from his grip and sprinted out towards the front door.

"JASMINE!" Genie yelled after her. Jasmine didn't listen. She bolted out of the palace and ran down into the deserted marketplace. As she ran down the road she tripped on a discarded apple. She let out a small cry, that echoed against the buildings. She just lain there on the ground,crying into the ground. Her hair fell around her like a mourning shroud.

Aladdin was walking around Agrabah, thinking about how is friend had died and how Jasmine could have done the unthinkable. He walked through an alley that connected to the marketplace. It was there were he heard the small yell. He ran to the edge of the alley and looked. His heart lost all anger as he saw Jasmine sobbing into the ground. He felt terrible for screaming at her like he did.

Aladdin walked over to her and kneeled down beside her. He tool her in his arms and held her. He felt her warm tears drench is vest. Aladdin rocked her back in forth. Slowly Jasmine calmed down. Jasmine lifted her head to look into Aladdin's eyes. She had expected to see his full of hatred and anger. Instead she saw undying love,and, by Allah,tears.

"I'm...sorry. I didn't know it could do anything. Lily said it was safe," Jasmine whispered.

"Lily is addicted to it. She would think it safe," he explained to Jasmine." I should have never had screamed at you the way I did. It just took me by surprise. I lost a good friend to that stuff. And when I realized that you had taken it, I got scared. I should have known you wouldn't have known anything about it. I am really sorry Jasmine,"

"If you can forgive me then I can forgive you," Jasmine answered softly. Aladdin nodded and helped her off the ground. He looked into her deep brown eyes and smiled. He leaned in a gave her a kiss. "Does this still mean that you're going to live in the palace?" Jasmine asked.

"Now more then ever!" Aladdin said as he took her hand a squeezed it. They slowly walked backed to the Palace. They were both afraid of what they might find at the palace.

When they walked in Genie was going nuts. As he spotted Jasmine with Aladdin he let out a sigh of relief. "

I thought I lost her! I knew you were going to forgive her. So when she left I thought she wouldn't be here when you got back," Genie told Aladdin.

"Don't worry Genie I found her," Al told his friend. As Aladdin and Jasmine walked into Lily's room a messenger slipped a note into Jasmine's hand.

Lily was awake when they came in. "What happened?" Lily asked Aladdin.

"You had an overdose of Shena. You almost died," Aladdin explained.

"That's nonsense. My mother has been taking this stuff forever and nothing has ever happened to her," Lily yelled.

"That's not true," Jasmine said softly. Aladdin turned and saw fresh tears in Jasmine's eyes. "Your mother... your mother died this morning, from an overdose." Lily looked at Jasmine in disbelief. Aladdin lead Jasmine out and closed the door behind them. He took Jasmine into his arms.

"This drug can ruin whole family's life," Jasmine cried into Aladdin's shoulder. Aladdin just held her while Lily cried for her mother inside her room.

********************************************************************************************************

Three days later Jasmine and Aladdin watched as Lily left Agrabah. She said nothing to them, she just left.

Aladdin moved into the palace that day, with great enthusiasm from Iago and Abu.

That night Jasmine and Aladdin watched the sun set together. As the sun slipped behind the sand dunes Aladdin turned to Jasmine. "I love you Jasmine, with all my heart, body, and soul," Aladdin told her, his voice filled with love for her.

"I love you too Aladdin, my prince, my savior, my love," Jasmine responded. Aladdin down and kissed Jasmine passionately, never to leave her side, no matter what.

The End

***************************************************************************************

Feedback is welcomed. E-mail me at shelbylindrud@hotmail.com I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at fanfic on the net.

JASMINE AND ALADDIN TOGETHER FOREVER!!!!