Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Nightmare by Shelby Lindrud
[Reviews - 3] Printer

- Text Size +
All characters belong to Disney

Nightmareby Shelby Lindrud

Jasmine was looking over her balcony when she heard her father's voice, yelling her name. Jasmine walked to her door and caught the last two words of his sentence. "He's back!" Jasmine's eyes lit up and she dashed out of her room. She spirited down to the throne room. She took only a second to locate him and then she ran into his open arms.

"Wow, talk about a welcome home!" Aladdin told her as he hung on to her tightly. He backed up just enough to see her face. Aladdin was surprised to see tears. "Hey, Jasmine why the tears?" he asked as he touched her face.

"I'm just so glad to see you. This month without you has been terrible. Most of time I didn't know what to do with myself. Genie tried to keep me busy, but it didn't help," Jasmine said as she laid her head on his shoulder. She jerked up suddenly. "Genie is going to want to see you!" Jasmine let out a shrill whistle. A few moments later Carpet, Genie, Iago, and Abu could be seen flying towards the Palace.

"AL!" Genie yelled as he saw who was standing with his arm around Jasmine's waist.

"Hey Genie, guys!" Aladdin said as he have Genie a hug. Abu climbed up on Aladdin's right shoulder while Iago landed on his left.

Jasmine smiled as she watched Aladdin being reunited with his friends. Aladdin had gone on a diplomatic mission and had landed in the middle of a civil war. He had just been released from prison. He was thinner and his eyes looked like they had seen some terrible things. But he was still the same Al with those twinkling eyes and that smile that could lit up anyone's life. Jasmine decided not to bother him with her nightmares. They would surely go away now that her husband was back. Just thinking about those dreams sent shivers down her back. Jasmine left the throne room to seek the comforting warmth of the gardens.

A few minutes after she made herself comfortable on the grass, Aladdin walked up. "Why did you leave?" Aladdin asked as he laid down on the grass next to her. Jasmine put her head on his chest. Aladdin slowly caressed her back. The soothing motion lulled her to sleep. Aladdin looked down at his wife and smiled. He kept up the motion and looked at the clouds.

Jasmine noticed she was back in her room. At first she thought Aladdin had carried her into their room, but then she noticed her outfit was different. She walked over to the balcony and horror met her eyes. Agrabah was burning! Even worse was Mirage and Mozenrath were teaming up against them. She saw Aladdin fly off on carpet towards them. He was close when Mirage and Mozenrath sent a spiral of fire towards them. Carpet looked like he was to close and the fire engulfed them. Before Jasmine could scream she was dressed in black and standing next to Mozenrath. She barely heard her father saying they were married. Jasmine let out a scream!

"Jasmine! Jasmine! Wake up!" Aladdin told her as he shook her awake. Jasmine's eyes flashed open, full of fear. Aladdin moved a piece of stray hair from her face, she didn't seem to know that he was there. After a few seconds her eyes cleared and she looked directly at Aladdin. "Are you ok?" Aladdin asked with worry in his voice. Even though she was still terrified she didn't want Aladdin to worry.

"Yes, I'm fine," she answered.

"Are you sure, want to talk about it?" Aladdin asked as he helped her off the ground.

"No that's all right. I'm going to get ready for dinner," Jasmine said as she walked back to the Palace. Aladdin stared after her, then decided to talk to Genie.

Aladdin found Genie playing baseball with Carpet. There were eight "Genies" and one Carpet, yet Carpet was still beating Genie with a large lead. "Genie can I talk to you about Jasmine?" Aladdin called. In a split second the game was over and Genie stood in front of Aladdin. His face was serious as he looked at Aladdin.

"Jasmine has been having some really terrifying dreams. I've been sleeping outside the lamp, just in case she has one. She wakes her eyes filled with fear. I'm really worried," Genie said.

"Thanks Genie, and thanks for taking care of her for me," Al told him

"I love Jasmine just like I love you. It hurts when she is in any kind of pain," Genie responded. Aladdin answered with a grateful smile as he walked back to the Palace.

Jasmine was sitting in front of her mirror when Aladdin walked in. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her chest. Jasmine let in a ragged breath as a lone tear fell from her eyes. Aladdin pulled her up into his arms and looked at her. "Tell me," was all he said.

"Mirage and Mozenrath team up. They burn Agrabah. You try to stop them but they kill you. Before I can react to that I'm being married to Mozenrath," Jasmine said in a hurry. Aladdin just held her, not saying anything. Jasmine had dreamed about the Ethereal and Aladdin had almost lost Jasmine then. He knew she was afraid that this dream would come true and she would lose him. No wonder she didn't want to say anything.

"Jasmine, why didn't you tell me?" Aladdin asked with a hint of hurt in his voice. Jasmine picked it up and hugged him tighter.

"I didn't want you to worry. You just got back and you deserved a chance to rest. I thought they would stop now that you were back, I guess not," she said with a sigh. Aladdin pulled her back so he could look into her eyes.

"I have been thinking of you non-stop since I left. You were the reason I kept going when many others gave up. I want a reason to worry about you! So please don't hide anything from me," Aladdin told her sternly. Jasmine gave him a smile that melted his heart. He leaned in a kissed her passionately. It felt like he was finally coming home. When they came up for air Jasmine looked into her husband's deep brown eyes and smiled.

"I love you Aladdin. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner," Jasmine said "It's all right, and I love you too," Aladdin told her with a smile. They were about to move in for another kiss when Genie stuck in his head. "Never fails," Aladdin said under his breath.

"I'm really sorry to interrupt but Mozenrath's wonder slug just popped in," Genie said seriously. Jasmine's eyes widen with fear as Aladdin followed Genie out. He turned back around and looked at Jasmine. His eyes were full of understanding as he held out his hand for her. Jasmine hesitated for a second, but then moved forward to take his hand. Aladdin smiled and kissed her on her forehead and lead her out.

When they got to the throne room Xerxes was lying on the bottom of a cage Genie had constructed. He didn't struggle he just lain there, waiting. When he saw Jasmine he got up from the bottom of the cage and stared at her. Jasmine cringed back. Aladdin gave her hand a squeeze and then marched to the cage. "What do you want?!" Aladdin demanded of the eel.

"Master want Princess! Master what Princess!" Xerxes sneered.

"OVER MY DEAD BODY!" Aladdin yelled, instinctively pulling Jasmine closer. He knew what was coming next.

"Master want it that way," Xerxes said as he disappeared. Genie looked at the empty cage scratching his head in confusion. Aladdin turned to Jasmine and was surprised at what he saw. His princess had a very determined look on her face.

"You will not fight understand me," Jasmine told me as she stuck a finger at him.

"But Jas..." Aladdin tried to say.

"No buts! Even if I have to give myself to Mozenrath you will not fight. There is no way I am going to lose you. Promise me!" Jasmine yelled at him.

"I promise," Aladdin said defeated. He looked into her eyes and deep down he knew, that he would give his life for her. There was no way he would give her to Mozenrath. Over his dead body is what he said and that is what he meant. Jasmine turned and walked out of the throne room with her head held high. Aladdin sighed and followed her out.

***********************************************************************************

"Jasmine its late. You can clean your wardrobe out later," Aladdin said as he leaned against the pillows in their bed.

"In my dream I was wearing what looked like turquoise, so I'm removing all those outfits," she told him.

"Jasmine I want to sleep tonight," Aladdin pleaded.

"Nothing is stopping you," she said.

"I can't sleep with out you," Aladdin said. Jasmine turned and gave him a sweet smile and walked towards the bed. Aladdin thought she looked stunning in her rose robe and sleepwear. He pulled back the covers for her. She slipped into his warm embrace and put her head on his shoulder. "Now don't hesitate to wake me up ok," Aladdin told her. All he got was the sounds of his wife sleeping. He smiled and gently kissed her lips. He fell asleep with his princess in his arms.

Two hours later he was awaken by screams. They weren't from Jasmine though. He got up and walked to the balcony. What met his eyes terrified him. In the middle of the city Mozenrath and Mirage were shaking hands. Aladdin tore from the sight and ran back into the bedroom. He shook Jasmine until she woke. "Aladdin what is it?" she asked groggily. Aladdin took her hand and moved her to the balcony. Jasmine's eyes flew open and widen with fear. She looked down. Her outfit had a turquoise tint to it! Aladdin looked at her and saw that determined look again. She pulled him back and looked him straight in the eyes. "You will not fight," she told Aladdin.

"Jasmine what can I do then?" Aladdin asked helplessly.

"Hold me," she said. Aladdin took her in his arms and held her tightly. As they held each other they heard the first building begin to burn.

Agrabah being a dry city, burned like dry grass. Genie tried to put the fire out while Iago went to ask Thundra for rain. Jasmine and Aladdin watched as their city burned. Aladdin tried to change Jasmine's mind, but she refused.

One late night Aladdin woke and turned to look for Jasmine. All he saw was a note on her pillow with her wedding ring beside it. Aladdin jumped out of bed and ran to his closet. As he ran he ran into a vase the vase crashed onto the marble floor. The sound bounced off the walls. The sound awakened the Sultan and Genie they came rushing in. "Jasmine went to Mozenrath!" Aladdin yelled as he grabbed her ring and hopped on Carpet who came in with Genie. "Come on Genie let's go," he said as he flew off.

Aladdin was terrified. He never thought Jasmine would actually do something like this. He passed over a fountain in his search. As he passed he saw something out of the corner of his eye. He turned Carpet around and looked down. It was Jasmine!

Jasmine had decided to go to Mozenrath when saw the orphanage go up in flames. She couldn't stand what he and Mirage were doing to the city. As she walked towards the center of the city she thought of all the good times she'd had with Aladdin. As she thought tears flowed unchecked from her eyes. Jasmine sat down on a fountain and let the tears fall. She didn't even here when Carpet flew over head or when Aladdin jumped off of him. She was still oblivious when a hand touched her shoulder. Jasmine screamed and fell backwards into the fountain. Her eyes flew open and focused on Aladdin's face. Despite why she was here Aladdin couldn't help a smile as he pulled Jasmine out of the fountain. He took off his cape and wrapped it around wife's shivering form. "Why...are you here?" Jasmine asked through chattering teeth.

"Do you actually think I'd let you go! I think your sanity is starting to slip sweetheart," Aladdin said as he picked her up. She didn't struggle, she just snuggled up into his chest, like a small child. She had fallen asleep from sheer exhaustion before they got off the ground. Aladdin spotted Genie as he flew back the Palace. He gave his friend a whistle. Genie flew over and looked at the still form in Aladdin's arms. "She's only sleeping. She got scared and fell until a fountain when I showed up," Aladdin told his friend. Genie just nodded, his face still serious. Aladdin was about to ask, but something in Genie's eyes stopped him. The Sultan was waiting on the balcony when they returned. He almost went crazy when he saw Jasmine. "She's just sleeping,"Aladdin told him as he laid Jasmine on the bed. The Sultan looked at his daughter with love and turned to leave, Genie following.

Aladdin pulled up a chair to the side of the bed. He looked down at the sleeping form of his princess. Aladdin didn't understand why all this was all happening to him and the one he loved the most in this world. He moved a piece of stray hair from her face. As he gazed at her his heart twisted. Who would want to hurt her? Aladdin rose from the chair and walked out into the cold night air. Agrabah continued to burn. Genie had put out a few of the fires, but even if Genie multiplied himself by a hundred he would never have been able to put them all out. Iago still hadn't come back from Thundra. As he watched his city burn Jasmine watched him from behind the curtain. She felt really bad about what she had done. She should have known Aladdin would have gone after her. She pulled the curtain aside and walked out onto the balcony. She walked up beside him and leaned her back against the rail. "It seems like only yesterday you were playing prince on this balcony, even though it was about five years ago," Jasmine told Aladdin, "And now I'm going to lose you because I can't stop you for trying to fight them," Aladdin turned to face Jasmine. Her eyes were shiny with tears. Aladdin took her hand and kissed it. He was about to go father when a knock at the door separated them. Jasmine left Aladdin's side, in more ways then one, to open the door. Aladdin felt the sudden emptiness beside him as she left. Genie was on the other side. He walked in and felt the sadness. He saw Aladdin out on the balcony and Jasmine sitting herself on the bed.

"Is everything ok?" he asked

"I was just saying goodbye," Jasmine said. Aladdin walked over and stood by Genie.

"What's wrong Genie?" he asked.

"I'll cut right to the chase. When I was looking for Jasmine I saw Mirage and Mozenrath. They weren't just talking they looked like they were finishing up a plan. They were making weird hand signs. Mozenrath looked really pleased with himself. Mirage looked really weird at Mozenrath," Genie told them.

"Maybe they are in love," Jasmine said as a joke. "Like we used...are," Genie looked at her then at Aladdin in turn. Aladdin's eyes were full of worry and fear. Genie took that moment to slip out leaving the two alone. Aladdin looked at Jasmine. Her eyes were not looking at him, they were staring at her hands.

"What do you mean used?" Aladdin asked her.

"It was just a mistake," Jasmine lied to him, but knew he didn't believe her for a second. "Things have been so terrible lately. You seem to get mad at me at a drop of a hat, like all this is my fault," she said. Aladdin looked into her eyes and knew she was telling the truth. She was right and that shocked him. Did he blame all this on Jasmine? Of course not! He loved Jasmine!

"Jasmine I don't blame you," Aladdin said as he kneeled in front of her and took her hands in his. "I'm just stressed. I'll try not to blame it on you anymore. Deal?" Jasmine looked at him and nodded. She leaned in a gave him a kiss. Aladdin felt the rush of Jasmine standing next to him again, and he never wanted to lose that feeling again. He reached in his pocket and took out her wedding band. The ring was gold with little hearts engraved all around it. In side of the ring it said 'To my Princess, Together Forever' "You still want this right?" Aladdin said with a smile as he slipped the ring on her left ring finger.

"Of course," Jasmine told him.

****************************************************************************************

The next morning the Sultan, Aladdin, and the rest of the gang were sitting in the Sultan's toy room. They were still trying to figure out how to stop Mozenrath and Mirage. Jasmine was looking at a doll when her father asked. "Why would Mozenrath want Jasmine?"

"He wants Agrabah, father. When he gets that he'll have me disposed of," Jasmine said as she returned to the group. Aladdin pulled her down onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her.

"There has got to be something else to go by, something we missed," Aladdin said. Jasmine started to put her dream together. It was so clear that she remembered every detail. As she remembered a person in the audience of the wedding stuck out.

"Fazir!" Jasmine yelled as she jumped off Aladdin's lap.

"What?" Aladdin asked

"Fazir was in my dream! He wants you to fly towards them,"Jasmine said excitedly.

"Are you sure, dearest?" the Sultan asked. Aladdin looked at Jasmine.

"She's sure," Aladdin said as he grabbed Jasmine's hand and walked out. Aladdin didn't say anything until they reached their room. Aladdin took Jasmine in his arms and gave her a long, sweet kiss. This kiss could be his last and he wanted it to count. Jasmine pulled away after a few seconds and looked into his eyes.

"Don't make this kiss perfect or we'll have nothing to improve on when you get back," Jasmine said with a smile. Aladdin gazed at her and gave her one of his smiles.

"Anytime I'm with you is perfect," Aladdin told her. "I love you."

"I know and I love you too," Jasmine answered. Aladdin whistled for Carpet. Carpet flew in and stopped next to Aladdin. Aladdin gave Jasmine a hug and hopped on. As he flew off Jasmine ran out on to the balcony. She watched him wave to her. Jasmine knew that Fazir wanted him to go, but she was still scared. She watched in fear as the fire spiral flew towards him. Then she saw in horror as the fire missed him and was coming towards her balcony! She tore from the sight and sprinted down the hallway. As she ran she could fell the searing heat. When she thought the fire should surely get her, she saw what she was running for. Jasmine slammed her body into the small niche. The flames blazed past her. The last thing Jasmine remembered was Aladdin screaming her name.

When Aladdin realized that the fire went past him he let out a sigh of relief. "Looks like Jasmine was right," Aladdin told Carpet as he twisted to see were the fire went. His heart stopped as he saw the fire head for the Palace. Carpet took off with out a word. He flew into the room the moment the fire left. The room was totally destroyed. Everything that could burn, did burn. Aladdin fell to his knees as his heart tore apart and screamed "Jasmine!"

When the fire had done its damage the Sultan and Genie rushed into Aladdin and Jasmine's room. The Sultan let out a cry as he saw the room and Aladdin kneeling in the middle, tears in his eyes. Genie closed his eyes in sadness and pain. "My poor daughter. I've lost my only daughter!" the Sultan wailed.

"No, No, No!" Aladdin cried as he stood up.

"Al nobody could have survived that, nobody,"Genie said to Aladdin as he wiped a tear from his own eyes. Genie put his hands on Aladdin's shoulders.

"How can you just give up on her!"Aladdin said disgusted. He broke away from Genie's grip and ran out into the hallway.

The fire had rushed through the Palace like a demon. The ceiling had caved in were the support beams had been burned away. The pieces littered the marble floor. For some reason that Aladdin didn't understand, he was drawn to a certain pile of rubble. Genie and the Sultan had followed him out and looked on. "Sultan will there be anything behind this stuff?" Aladdin asked.

"I believe there is a small niche right about there,"the Sultan responded not getting what Aladdin was getting at. But Genie did! Genie flew over and started throwing debris everywhere. Aladdin was the first one to see her hand. He dropped to his knees and put the small hand in his. Her hand gave his a small weak squeeze. Aladdin's eyes lit up.

"She's alive!" Aladdin cried, relief evident in his voice. Genie multiplied himself by five. In a few short seconds Aladdin dragged Jasmine out. He held her in his arms his head buried in her hair. Tears of joy fell from his face. Jasmine slowly woke up. Her large eyes focused on her husband's tear streaked face. She lifted her hand and gently touched his face.

"Aladdin I'm all right, really,"Jasmine said in a voice barely above a whisper. Aladdin looked into her eyes and caressed her face with his hand.

"I thought for a moment that I had lost you, but I knew, I knew you weren't,"Aladdin said as he stood up with Jasmine in his arms. He gently put her down, still holding on to her. The Sultan rushed up with a smile on his lips and tears in his eyes.

"Oh dearest I thought I had lost you for good," the Sultan said.

"Oh father!"Jasmine said as she gave her father a hug. Jasmine then turned to Genie, who was one, and gave him a hug.

"Come on Jasmine, you need to rest," Aladdin said as he picked her back up into his arms. Jasmine weakly agreed.

"I'll get right on your room,"Genie said.

"Thanks Genie, just don't change the decor," Jasmine said weakly. Aladdin carried Jasmine down the East Wing and into one of the hundreds of spare rooms.

"This is just like our wedding night when you carried me over the threshold. Remember?" Jasmine said.

"Yeah I remember. That was the best day of my life," Aladdin told her as he laid her down on the bed.

"It was mine too,"Jasmine said quietly.

"Now rest," Aladdin told her sweetly. He watched her fall asleep. He decided to take a nap as well, and he laid down next to his wife. He took her in his arms and fell asleep thankful that she was safe.

Aladdin woke a few hours later. He felt for Jasmine but found instead an empty bed. He sat up a stretched. Jasmine was sitting at the vanity dressed in a robe and her hair up in a towel. "What are you doing?" Aladdin asked as he got off the bed. Jasmine turned and smiled at him.

"I took a bath and was going to change when I remembered all my clothes were gone. So, I'm washing the outfit I had on,"she said as she pulled her hair out of the towel. She took the brush and started running it through hair. Aladdin grabbed it from her hands and brushed her hair himself. He stopped when her hair shone like the midnight sky. He put the brush down and looked at her in the mirror.

"I'll be right back," he told her. Jasmine was going to ask where he was going but something in his eyes stopped her. She just smiled and let him go. Jasmine walked out onto the balcony and looked over it, at the city. It showed another view of the city from hers. Agrabah still burned. Genie had put a few more fires out but they still burned. As she watched the flames it dawned on her what Mozenrath had planned on doing. Jasmine rushed in because the sudden thought made her sick.

Jasmine was still in the robe when Aladdin returned. She was sitting on the bed looking at books. Aladdin sat down in front of her and took a book from the pile. It was one of the magic books from Jafar's lab. "Why are you looking at these?" Aladdin asked as he put the package down that he was holding.

"I think I know what Mozenrath was planning on doing with me," Jasmine said as she flipped through the book on her lap.

"What?"Aladdin asked extremely interested.

"You remember that time when Mozenrath switched me with a matluck that looked exactly like me?" Jasmine asked. Aladdin nodded so Jasmine continued. "I think he was going to kill me then marry a matluck that looked like me. Once Agrabah belonged to him, the matluck would disappear..."Jasmine said.

"And he and Mirage would rule over Agrabah, or what's left of it, together!" Aladdin said as he jumped off the bed and headed towards the door.

"Uh honey where did you go?" Jasmine asked her eyes locked on the package on the bed.

"Oh yeah. I was going to give you this for our anniversary, but since you need something to wear I thought I'd give it to you now," Aladdin said as he handed the package over to Jasmine. Jasmine tore at the paper and was speechless at what she saw. She pulled out a two piece outfit. It was the color of a purple haze over a mountain. The top was just like all her other tops except that it had no jewels on it. The pants were made of the same silk as the top and just as plain. But Jasmine loved it.

"Aladdin, it's beautiful!" she cried as she gave him a hug and kiss.

"I know it's kind of plain, but I thought it would look great on you. The color would complement your hair, I thought," he told her as she went behind a curtain to change. "Look I'm going to help Genie with our room ok?" he called to her.

"All right I'll be right down," she called back. She stepped in front of a mirror and looked at the reflection. The outfit fit her perfectly. She sent the brush through her hair one more time and walked towards her room.

"So, do you think it's possible what Jasmine said?" Aladdin asked Genie as he went through Jasmine's jewelry. The fire had melted most of it except for a few pieces. The locket Aladdin had given her for her eighteenth birthday had survived with out a mark.

"It's really possible, Al. Actually, I'm surprised we didn't we didn't think of it sooner," Genie said as he fixed the balcony door.

"Don't feel too bad, Genie; I survived," Jasmine said as she walked in. Aladdin looked up and was stunned at what he saw.

"Wow, Jasmine, you look great!" Aladdin said as he stood up.

"Thank you. You have great taste in clothes," Jasmine said.

"Most of your jewelry is a lost cause except this," Aladdin said as he handed her the locket. She made no move to grab it. Except she looked around the room.

"How could she have survived this," she whispered.

"What did you say Jasmine?" Aladdin asked as he walked up, putting the locket into his pocket.

"I said how could I have survived this," Jasmine said quickly.

"Because you're my Jasmine," Aladdin said as he wrapped his hands around his wife's waist. "Now that we know what Moz and Mirage are up to we can defeat them. I'll be right back," Aladdin said as he walked out on to the balcony. He hated knowing what Jasmine had gotten him for their anniversary, but they would be the best thing to wear. He walked behind a curtain and changed into the clothes that were hidden in the bush outside the balcony door. He walked out with a sheepish grin on his face. The pants were snow white and made of the softest cotton. The vest was a dark purple with gold trim. "Sorry, Jasmine," he said. Jasmine didn't say anything. Aladdin looked at her but just ignored the feeling he was getting.

"Well, now that everyone is ready we can go," Jasmine said.

"We?" Aladdin said.

"You know as well as I do that you need me for bait, so no arguing," she said

"Fine, no use arguing when she has that face," Aladdin said as he gave a whistle for Carpet. They all piled on him and flew off.

"They could any where Al,"Genie said as he flew beside them.

"They're at the tower in the middle of town,"Jasmine said.

"How do you know that, Jas?" Genie asked.

"My dream," she said quickly. Al just nodded and turned Carpet towards the tower. He turned to his wife and was surprised at what he saw. Jasmine was sitting up with anticipation. That was when Aladdin started having doubts about who was sitting next to him. Just as the tower came into view Aladdin saw something he wish hadn't happened. Jasmine's eyes flashed green!

In that second Aladdin knew. He pulled Carpet to a stop and watched "Jasmine" fly off. Aladdin held Carpet back as the group watched her fall. Then right in front of their eyes "Jasmine" disappeared and Mirage took her place. Mirage then disappeared. Carpet dived down into the city. Aladdin jumped off and faced his friends. "If that was Mirage then Mozenrath has our Jasmine," Aladdin said. "But we don't know for how long."

"Mirage was taking us to the tower so that is probably where Jas is," Genie said.

"Then let's go," Aladdin said as he hopped back on Carpet. "I don't believe I tried to kiss that thing!"

Jasmine, the real Jasmine, watched Mirage being flung from Carpet with smug satisfaction. "I told you it wouldn't fool him for long!" Jasmine jeered.

"Oh shut up!" Mozenrath yelled as he blasted Jasmine against the tower. Jasmine weakly got back up and glared at Mozenrath. "If looks could bruise," Mozenrath taunted. He turned back when he heard Mirage storm up.

"I hate that boy, I really hate him!" Mirage bellowed. "I think we should get rid of her highness now."

"No, we must wait for Aladdin," Mozenrath said calmly.

"That will be your undoing!" Jasmine yelled. Both Mirage and Mozenrath faced her. Before Jasmine knew what hit her, she was lying weakly on the ground, unable to get up.

Not far from Mozenrath and Mirage, Aladdin watched. His anger almost over flowed as he saw them fling their magic at Jasmine. His eyes steeled over and his heart raced. "Let's go!" Aladdin yelled as he hopped on Carpet. Genie nodded and flew towards the back of the tower, while Al and Carpet flew to the front."Here kitty, kitty, kitty!" Aladdin taunted Mirage.

"You!" Mirage said as both Mozenrath and herself started staking towards him.

"You better hope Jasmine is all right or I'll skin you alive," Aladdin throated. Mirage sent a bolt of lightening towards him. Carpet easily dogged it. Aladdin played this deadly game while Genie went for Jasmine. He gently lifted her up and took her to the safest place he knew. He then flew back to Al.

Aladdin saw Genie come back. He nodded and pulled Carpet up. Carpet did a loop and flew away from Mirage and Mozenrath, and towards his hovel. He jumped off Carpet and rushed to Jasmine's side. She was sitting up, her eyes still bright. "I'm all right," Jasmine reassured Aladdin. Aladdin sighed in relief and kissed Jasmine's forehead.

"I'm sorry I didn't see it," Aladdin said softly.

"That's all right. Mozenrath grabbed me right after you left," Jasmine said. She looked at Aladdin and smiled. "You look nice. I've known for a while now that you knew what I got you. You need to stop sneaking around," Jasmine said with a laugh. Aladdin leaned in a gave her a long kiss. When they parted Jasmine just smiled. Her eyes shown like stars in the night sky. Jasmine stood up, wavered at little, then stood strong. She gave Aladdin a hug. He held her tightly not wanting to let her go. But he did, because he knew if Mozenrath and Mirage weren't stopped his love would never be free from harm. Jasmine looked at Aladdin and saw sheer determination in his eyes. She knew he would protect her no matter what the cost and she also knew she would do the same for him. "If you're going, I'm going, no questions asked," Jasmine told Aladdin stubbornly. Aladdin just nodded, knowing there was no way he could change her mind.

"I'll need everyone's help especially yours," Aladdin said as he looked into Jasmine's brown eyes.

"You will?!" Jasmine asked surprised.

"Of course," Aladdin told her as he put a hand on her face. "I love you,"

"I love you too," Jasmine said. Aladdin hopped on Carpet and then held out his hand for Jasmine. Jasmine couldn't help what she did next. "Is it safe?" she asked. Aladdin looked confused but then his eyes lit up.

"Sure, do you trust me?"

"What?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Yeees," Aladdin pulled Jasmine up and Carpet flew out, with Genie, holding Abu following.

As they neared the tower again, Jasmine straightened her shoulders and let in a breath. Aladdin grabbed her and gave her a hug. She melted in his arms. "Are you ready my Princess?" Jasmine nodded. Jasmine saw Mozenrath first. She stood up with her hands on her hips and glared.

"Looking for me!" She called out. Mozenrath looked up. His eyes narrowed and he sent a blast of energy towards her. Aladdin pulled Jasmine down and Carpet dove. The flew out behind Mozenrath. Aladdin jumped from Carpet and down on Mozenrath's back. He held Mozenrath down with all his might. Jasmine stepped down from Carpet and looked for Mirage. She then felt hot breath running down her neck. Before she could react Mirage had her arm wrapped around Jasmine's thin neck. She pulled Jasmine over to where Aladdin and Mozenrath were fighting.

"Oh Aladdin, look who I've got," Mirage called. Aladdin turned and his eyes widened."You trap Mozenrath, and I'll kill you're precious princess." Jasmine looked straight into Aladdin's eyes and nodded.

"Genie! Do it!" Aladdin yelled. Genie appeared and dropped a glass dome on top of Mozenrath. The glass was magic proof and it also drains all the magic from any magic being. The dome automatically started draining Mozenrath. The gauntlet began to disintegrate. In a few seconds it was completely gone and Mozenrath was nothing but a man.

Mirage watched as the most powerful mortal sorcerer was extinguished. She shook her head. "You chose this fate Aladdin. Her death is on your hands,"Mirage said as she turned Jasmine to her. Mirage raised her hand and laid it on Jasmine's chest. Jasmine abruptly started screaming in pain as Mirage's magic coursed through her. Jasmine's screams grew louder and more painful. Just as Jasmine started to scream, "ALADD...!" he was there! He sent Mirage tumbling to the ground. His eyes were filled with rage. Mirage was totally terrified. No one has ever seen Aladdin like this and no one will ever again. He fought like his life depended on it, he fought for the life of his wife, his love, his soul mate. When Mirage released Jasmine, she fell like a rag doll. Abu rushed to her side and tried to wake her up. Aladdin kicked Mirage away from and Genie dropped a dome on her. Since Mirage was all magic, she herself began to disappear. Mirage was gone for good in matter of seconds. Aladdin didn't even watch. He ran to Jasmine's limp body and gently picked her up into his arms. Jasmine's chest barely rose as she took in shallow breaths.

"Genie, am I going to lose her,"Aladdin asked in a whisper, tears falling unnoticed down his face.

"I don't know Al," Genie said as he wiped tears from his own eyes. As the two looked at her rain began to fall. Genie looked up and saw Thundra and Iago flying towards them. As Iago saw Jasmine's limp form he flew faster. Iago might not show it but he does care. He landed next to Abu, who was crying. Iago to started not even noticing it or caring. The rain fell around them, extinguishing the fires. The rain hit Jasmine's face and cleared it of dirt. Aladdin touched her face and whispered into Jasmine's ear "Please don't leave me Jasmine. I can't go on with out you," As Aladdin said this Jasmine took a small breath and then she was still. "Jasmine! JASMINE! NO!" Aladdin screamed. He buried his head in her wet hair as sobs ripped through his body and soul.

Then Jasmine's chest heaved up as she took in a gasping breath. Her eyes flashed open, full of life. Aladdin jerked upward and fell backward into the mud that the rain had made. Jasmine sat up and took in deep gulps of air. She then fell into Aladdin's arms, holding him tight. Aladdin pulled her back to look at her. "What, I mean how?!"Aladdin asked happily.

"The rain washed, or cleansed, the city and its people of the evil magic that had plagued it. It didn't just extinguished the flames but the evil as well," Thundra said as she landed. Aladdin looked at Thundra gratefully but then turned back to Jasmine. He held her tightly and then kissed her passionately vowing never to let her go. He helped Jasmine up as they watched the rain returned Agrabah to normal.

"We have a lot of work to do,"Jasmine said softly as she leaned against Aladdin for support.

"Yes, but we'll be doing it together," Aladdin told her.

Epilogue

A week later Jasmine walked out into the newly made marketplace. She was carrying a basket. It was lunch for Aladdin and the rest of the gang. She spotted Genie lounging by a fountain and Iago and Abu fighting over an apple. "Here, you two, have lunch," Jasmine said as she gave up the basket. The apple was quickly was forgotten as they dived in. Jasmine turned to look for Aladdin but didn't see him. "Genie where's Aladdin?" she asked.

"He went for a walk,"Genie said as he dived into the lunch. Jasmine nodded and turned back towards the Palace, but something said for her to go to the hovel. She turned towards it and started walking. When she arrived she quickly climbed the stairs. Aladdin was sitting on the edge of the "window". His eyes were fixed on the Palace.

"Nice view," she said. Aladdin fell backward at the sudden voice. He picked himself up and looked at Jasmine. Her clothes had been replaced and she had recovered from her ordeal with Mirage. Her face was bright and her eyes were full of life like they had never been. "What's wrong?" Jasmine asked him, puling Aladdin back to reality.

"Huh, nothing,"he lied, but one look at her face told him he was going nowhere fast. He let out a sigh. "I just needed to think,"

"About what?" she prodded him carefully. Aladdin knew he had to tell her. Besides he needed to talk to somebody, and who better then his soul mate. Aladdin held out his hand for Jasmine. Jasmine walked up and took his hand in hers. He pulled her down with him as he sat down. Aladdin started fiddling with Jasmine's long hair, enjoying the softness. Jasmine smiled then laughed as Aladdin flipped it over her head. Jasmine flipped back and turned to Aladdin. But instead of seeing the smile she expected she saw tears. "Aladdin what's wrong?" Jasmine asked "Why are you crying."

"I'm crying because I'm happy," Aladdin told Jasmine. He then turned very serious. "I was helping this man go through his store. The fire had made it collapse. He lifted a piece of a wall and screamed. His wife was under the rubble! He just broke down into tears, calling her name. I didn't know what to do so I left. But seeing that happen really affected me. It showed me how close I came to losing you forever. It really didn't hit me then, because you came back. But it really hit me today, how lucky I really am, how blessed. Then I got thinking about how many times I have almost lost you. Three times in the past week and countless times before. I guess I was just feeling guilty," Jasmine listened quietly squeezing his hand to reassure him. But when he said that he felt guilty Jasmine spoke up.

"Guilty! You have no reason to feel guilty. I chose to go with you on all those missions and adventures. Despite all the bad things that happened, they really did a good thing. They brought us closer together. This might not have worked if I had been a regular princess, worrying over my nails. I wanted to be with you no matter what, I wanted us to be forever. So I had an open mind as you put it and enjoyed every minute of it. And I got what I wanted from it. A relationship with you that will never end. Together Forever is what I said, what my ring says, and what will happen!"Jasmine told him sternly. She then touched Aladdin's face with her hand and wiped the tears from his eyes. She then kissed him lightly on the lips. Aladdin looked into her deep brown eyes. He was always entranced my them.

"Thank you Jasmine," Aladdin said as he brought Jasmine's face closer to his. He kissed her long and sweetly, not wanting it to end. "I love you, Jasmine, with all my heart," he said.

"I love you, too, Aladdin."

"It's pretty amazing," he said

"What is?" Jasmine asked.

"How everything I always wanted in my life happened. Two days before I met you I told Abu that things were going to change. A few days later I'm engaged to the princess and heir to one of the strongest kingdoms in the Seven Deserts. It was amazing how fast everything happened. Are we ever going to slow down?" Aladdin asked Jasmine as they walked out of the hovel.

"Not as long as Al and friends are around," Jasmine said with a laugh. Aladdin nodded.

"I wouldn't have it any other way my princess. Come on the world awaits us!" Aladdin said as he took Jasmine's hand and walked out into the Agrabahanian afternoon, together forever.

You gave me wings and made me fly,You touched my hand I could touch the sky-Celine Dion

****************************************************************************************

Thanks for reading. This is my longest story yet. It was really hard writing Jasmine's death, but she came back. Any feedback would be helpful. Just right at: shelbylindrud@hotmail.com