Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Love and War by Shelby Lindrud
[Reviews - 7] Printer

- Text Size +
Love and Warby Shelby Lindrud

The early morning sun crept across the gold veined marble floor of the Palace. A soft breeze fluttered the curtains of Princess Jasmine and Prince Aladdin's tower suite. Jasmine lain in bed staring at the ceiling, enjoying the quietness of the early morning. Aladdin slept next to her, his arm draped across her stomach. She let out a happy sigh. Jasmine slide out of the bed and walked out on to the balcony. The air still held the night's coolness. Sunlight warmed the balcony floor as Jasmine looked out at the city she loved so much. She turned to go in and saw Aladdin leaning against the balcony door, smiling at her. His eyes locked with her's and didn't waver. Jasmine walked to him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her. "You are more beautiful than any sunrise that I have ever seen," Aladdin told her when they parted.

"Thank you," she answered as they walked back in. Jasmine walked towards her closet and took out a soft green outfit. As she went to change into it there was a knock at the door. "Aladdin can you get that?" Jasmine called.

"No problem sweetheart," Aladdin said as he walked to the door. He opened the door and became face to face with a large soldier. "May I help you?"

"I'm here to give Prince Aladdin this," the soldier said as he held out a scroll. Aladdin took the scroll and nodded his thanks. The soldier turned on his heel and marched off. Aladdin shrugged and closed the door. Jasmine walked up to the vanity and started brushing her hair.

"Who was at the door?" she asked as she put her hair up in the usual style.

"It was a soldier," he said as he opened the scroll and read. As he read he slowly sat on the bed. His eyes read the paper, not wanting to belive it. Jasmine turned to look at him. He looked like his world had come crashing down.

"Aladdin what is it?" Jasmine asked as she walked up to him. Aladdin held out the scroll. Jasmine's eyes skimmed through it. As she read it her eyed widened with horror. One word stuck out above all the rest, WAR! Aladdin rushed up to hold Jasmine up as her legs gave out. He sat her down on the bed. Jasmine's face had turned white and unshed tears gave her eyes a glossy look. Aladdin kneeled in front of her, taking her hand into his. Jasmine's hands were icy cold. Aladdin rubbed them with his.

"I'll be all right Jasmine. I fought monsters, evil sorcerers, evil incarnates, everything anybody can think of. Besides I'm a street rat. I'll improvise," Aladdin told her. Jasmine awarded him with a small smile. She sat up and grabbed her crown from the vanity. She looked at Aladdin and smiled.

"You're right. But just to make sure, promise me you'll come back. I know you'll keep your word, so promise me," Jasmine told him.

"I promise Jasmine," Aladdin said. He walked up to her and gave her a long kiss. When they parted Aladdin took her hand and they walked down to the dining hall.

The table was full of soldiers. When Aladdin and Jasmine walked in all the soldiers stood up and saluted him. Aladdin looked at Jasmine, unsure of what to do. "Salute back,"she whispered in his ear. Aladdin nodded and saluted back to the army. They all sat down and continued eating. Jasmine and Aladdin walked over to where the Sultan and Genie were sitting.

"Sultan please tell me I'm not commanding," Aladdin said.

"I'm sorry my boy but you are. The Tellhits are raiding our outlining colonies. We have to protect them,"the Sultan said. "You are the Prince and the best choice to lead the army. I've told you before you have great moral values. I know you can do it,"

"I hope you're right Sultan," Aladdin said as he pulled a chair out for Jasmine. Jasmine took Aladdin's hand. He looked down at her.

"You'll do wonderfully. Even though I wish you weren't going," Jasmine said. Aladdin gave her a smile and sat down next to her. The Sultan waited until everyone was seated before he addressed the army.

"You men will be fighting to preserve the freedom that our people enjoy! Today you will feast and rest, because tomorrow you will begin to fight for Agrabah," Jasmine let in a sharp breath as her father sat down. A single tear fell from her eyes. She quickly wiped it away, knowing she had to be strong for the Army and of course for Aladdin. Aladdin saw the tear and knew she needed to let it out. He promised himself that he would spend the entire evening with her, after he spent the day with Genie and getting to know his troops.

Around seven o' clock that evening Jasmine was trying on a dress. It was the finest dress she owned. It was snow white with a gold brocade running down the middle and the back. It fell to the floor and spread around her feet. It was really pretty, but Jasmine had decided that there was nothing as beautiful as her wedding dress. At the thought of her wedding another tear threatened to fall. She blinked it away. She had been fighting tears all day. As she turned from the mirror she heard her name coming from the balcony. She walked out and saw Aladdin on Carpet, with a bouquet of roses. His eyes widened as he took in the sight. "By Allah Jasmine you look gorgeous!"Aladdin said breathlessly.

"Thank you," she said as she blushed.

"I'm here to take my Princess on a magic carpet ride," Aladdin told her as he bowed.

"I'd love to my Prince. I'll go change," Jasmine said as she turned to go inside.

"No! I want you to wear that dress," Aladdin responded. She nodded her head and walked up to Carpet. Aladdin grabbed her out stretched hand and helped her up. Carpet took of while Aladdin put Jasmine's head on his shoulder. He took one of the roses and put in her hair. "You really are beautiful,"

"Thank you Aladdin. For the compliment but also for this," Jasmine said as she motioned her hand across the sky. "I really needed it," Jasmine let out a sigh. Carpet flew over pyramids, rainforests, and many other things. He landed by a small lake nestled between hills. Aladdin helped Jasmine up and took her hand in his. They walked around the lake, just enjoying each others company. When they passed an apple tree Aladdin picked one and gave it to Jasmine, the same way he had that night on another Carpet ride.

As Jasmine caught the apple her emotions got the better of her. At first it was just a few tears, but then they over came her. Aladdin sat down on a bench and put Jasmine on his lap. He held her against his chest as she cried. A few minutes or a few hours could have passed, but Aladdin didn't notice. All that mattered to him was Jasmine and that she was hurting inside. After a while Jasmine's tears subsided. She quietly clung to Aladdin while he caressed her back. She finally looked into his eyes. "We better be heading back. You leave in the morning," Jasmine said with effort.

"I don't want to leave, I want to stay with you," Aladdin answered with a hint of a whine.

"You sound like a little kid," Jasmine said with a laugh, but she quickly turned serious. "I love you, and I wish you could stay. But you have to defend Agrabah and I have to keep the city together while you're away,"

"Sounds like we both have our work cut out for us," Aladdin said.

"And the sooner we get to it, the sooner we'll be back here, together,"

"I guess your right, but it still hurts," Aladdin said as he helped Jasmine on to Carpet.

"I know," Jasmine responded as they flew off. Aladdin wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Jasmine leaned against him. She stayed that way until the Palace came into view. Rajah was waiting for them on the balcony. When they landed Abu and Iago came rushing out.

"Aladdin don't leave us!" Iago yelled as he flew into Al. Abu clambered up onto his shoulder. "Please don't leave us!"

"Guys I have to. Jasmine will still be here," Aladdin said trying to comfort them

"No offence Princess, but you're not ALLLLL!" Abu and Iago cried.

"I'll be back," Aladdin said as he petted Abu.

"You promise," Iago said.

"Yes I promise," Aladdin answered.

"Whew, I thought I was losing my meal ticket!" Iago said as he flew off. But when he was out of sight Iago let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "I sure am glad he said he was coming back," Aladdin looked after Iago, a little hurt. Jasmine took his hand and moved him towards the room. Carpet plucked Abu off Aladdin's shoulder and flew off.

"He was showing affection in his own way. You know that," Jasmine said. Aladdin nodded and followed in, only taking a small notice that Abu had left. A smile played on his lips. Aladdin undressed and put on a pair of his "street rat" pants and pulled back the covers to the bed. Jasmine stopped under the curtain that surrounded the bed. Aladdin turned towards her and smiled. She was wearing a soft lilac nightdress, a lot shorter then her other bed clothes. Jasmine walked up to Aladdin and took his out stretched hand. He enveloped her in his arms and kissed her passionately. Aladdin lowered Jasmine on to the bed, still kissing her. Jasmine looked at him. "I love you Aladdin," she whispered.

"I love you too Jasmine," he whispered back. He kissed her again. Jasmine and Aladdin said goodbye to each other way into the night.

Aladdin woke up even before the sun. Jasmine slept next to him still enveloped in his arms. He gently looked at her. He could never get over his amazement that she was his. He got up and walked out on to the balcony. The army was already assembling. Aladdin sighed and walked back in. He picked up the uniform the was given to him. It had the royal crest of Agrabah sewn on it. Genie had taken the liberty of putting a lamp patch on his right arm. Around the lamp was a picture of Genie, Abu, Iago, Carpet, and of course Jasmine. Aladdin figured it and smiled. Genie had said it was for good luck. Genie had also offered to give Aladdin his lamp, for emergencies. Aladdin had declined the offer. He told Genie that he wanted him with Jasmine, to help her. Genie had understood. He quietly got dressed taking care not to wake his sleeping Princess. The uniform was royal blue with gold trim. Aladdin decided he didn't look to bad, even though he despised uniforms. A knock at the door brought Aladdin back to the harsh reality. Rasoul was waiting outside the door, dressed exactly like Aladdin minus the lamp patch. Aladdin had chosen Rasoul to be his second in command. He wanted someone who knew what he was doing, because he didn't. "We're ready to move out sir," Rasoul said.

"I'll be right there," Aladdin said. Rasoul nodded and waited in the hallway. Aladdin walked to the bed and sat down. He gently shook Jasmine awake. "I have to go now love," he whispered to her. Jasmine sat up and picked up something from the night stand.

"Here I want you to have this," Jasmine said as she handed the object to Aladdin. It was a chain with a plain gold locket. Inside was a tiny picture of Jasmine in her wedding dress. "Genie did the picture with something called a camera, what ever that is. You don't have to wear it, but keep it close" Aladdin smiled and slipped in on over his neck.

"I'll never take it off. I love you Jasmine," Aladdin told her as he leaned in for a kiss. It was long and sweet. It didn't really end it just slowly faded away like a sunset.

"I love you too. And remember your promise,"Jasmine reminded him. Aladdin nodded and hugged her tightly. He reluctantly let her go and stood up to leave. Jasmine followed him to the door. " Rasoul take care of him for me, please," she told the Captain.

"I promise Princess," the Captain said as he bowed. Aladdin gave Jasmine one last hug and kiss and walked away with Rasoul. Jasmine watched him walk down the hallway, his back facing her. Jasmine's throat tightened as he turned out of sight. She ran out on to the balcony and watched Aladdin say goodbye to Genie, Abu, Iago, and Carpet. Genie grabbed Abu and flew up to the balcony. He stood next to Jasmine. Abu clambered up to her shoulder, while Iago perched on Genie's shoulder. Carpet hung in the air sadly. Abu wrapped his arms around Jasmine's neck as they all watched Aladdin mount on his horse. Aladdin turned to look up. He blew Jasmine a kiss. Iago didn't say a word. Aladdin then waved goodbye to the rest of the gang. He then gave the signal to move out. At first the army moved slow but it quickly got faster. Tears started to fall from Jasmine's large brown eyes. Genie pulled Jasmine close, tears in his own eyes. Jasmine softly cried into Genie's chest. Abu wiped a few tears from his eyes. Jasmine noticed with a small surprise that Iago was also crying.

At the front of the army Aladdin tried to contain himself. A few tears of sadness still wet his face. He quickly wiped them away as he rode out of the city that held everything precious to him. Rasoul saw the tears but didn't say anything. Rasoul didn't have a real family, but the royal family were very important to him. It hurt him to also to leave Agrabah, but he knew it was necessary. He quietly handed Aladdin a handkerchief. Aladdin smiled gratefully as the rest of the army left Agrabah.

**********************************************************************

Aladdin laid in his tent listing to the sounds of the camp. He heard the cook grumble as he started breakfast. A solitary soldier walked by his tent. For Aladdin waking up early had become an everyday occurrence. He had left Agrabah with his army a month ago. He had received letters from home when ever the mail could find them. Genie's were filled with friendship and uplifting jokes. Jasmine's were filled with moral support and unconditional love.

Aladdin sighed and got off his cot. Every time he thought of Jasmine it was a bittersweet affair. Of course there was more sweet, but it tore him up inside when ever he was pulled from his thoughts. Aladdin pulled back the flap of the tent and looked out at the sunrise. He made sure his tent was always facing east, towards Agrabah and towards the sunrise. He wanted to watch the sunrise, the one thing that reminded him most of Jasmine. Aladdin let out a sigh as he watched another day begin. The army had seen their share of battles. They had won all of them and they were quickly advancing towards the Tellhits' capital city. To the army the war had already been won. Aladdin wasn't so optimistic. The Tellhits fought with fear. Aladdin fought with strength and cunning. After the first battle Aladdin knew he wasn't made for war. All the death and destruction made him sick. The only thing that kept him going was Jasmine. Aladdin knew the war couldn't last forever, and that one day he would be coming home, back to Jasmine. He let the tent flap fall as he walked back into the tent. One more day to get through.

**********************************************************************

Jasmine leaned against the balcony rail as she watched the sunrise. The early morning light gave everything a healthy glow. But in reality things were far from good. The marketplace was empty of most human comforts. Meat was almost impossible to find. Even the Palace was low on stock. Most of the meat went to the army. Of course the Palace could have what meat there was, but Jasmine refused it. She had her husband in the war like every other woman and she wanted to be there for them in every way.

Jasmine thoughts then turn towards her friends. Genie wasn't like himself. He hardly made any jokes and his smiles were as rare as meat. Iago and Abu didn't fight at all. Abu mopped around the Palace, eating only when he had to. Iago stayed tucked away in Jasmine's room sleeping the days away. Carpet just laid around like a regular rug and Rajah hardly ever left Jasmine's room. Jasmine tried to raise their spirits but it was hard, since she wasn't herself. It was a choir waking up each day with out Aladdin. She had come to depended on him. Now she woke up with red eyes from crying throughout out the night. Jasmine turned away from the balcony and walked into her room. Iago sat quietly on the vanity, a sad look haunted his eyes. Ever since Aladdin had left Iago had looked like that. Jasmine thought it was because he didn't tell Aladdin how he really felt. Since Aladdin had left she had allowed the whole gang into her room. Genie's lamp sat on the nightstand. Carpet was rolled up at the foot of the bed, while Abu sat in the middle. Rajah laid on the floor his head between his paws. Abu quietly looked at Jasmine. Jasmine was the gang's (except Genie) only connection to Aladdin. They leaned on her for information on their best friend. Jasmine patted Abu on the head. He took that as an invitation to climb on to her shoulder. She walked over to her closet. The white dress she wore on her last date with Aladdin hung un used in the closet. She took out a lavender outfit. Abu climbed off her shoulder as she went to change. Iago quietly made room for him on the vanity. Jasmine came back and pulled her hair back into a high ponytail. She really didn't do anything with herself. Her crown sat on the dresser untouched. She didn't wear it for a reason she didn't know. As she put her earrings on Genie smoked out of his lamp. He had a large smile on his face, but quickly turned upside down as his eyes roamed around. "I had a dream that Al was home. It was so real," Genie said sadly as he floated over to Jasmine.

"I know Genie," she said absently as she walked to the door. Abu clambered up to her shoulder while Iago landed on Genie's. Carpet slowly followed out into the Palace halls.

Jasmine walked by her father's toy room and heard voices. She quietly listened at the door. "The army should reach the Tellhits' capital city by noon. Hopefully the Tellhits will surrender before then. Because they will surely put a fight," the Sultan's war advisors said.

"I hope your right," the Sultan said quietly. Jasmine walked off, not wanting to be caught eavesdropping.

"Maybe Al will be back soon!" Iago said, a hint of happiness in his voice.

"I just hope they surrender before Aladdin gets there," Genie said. Jasmine didn't say anything. Day after day she was told Aladdin would be coming home. A whole month had passed of those days and Jasmine was starting to have her doubts. She was optimistic to start with, but not any more. That was the way she thought in private at least. When she was in the public eye she was a perfect poster girl for optimistic thinking. She wore a smile and she spread hope. Everyone thought she was full of hope and confidence. But to tell the truth she wasn't.

They entered the dinning room to find only bread and fruit. Iago's mouth dropped in disbelief. "Where is all the food!" Iago squawked. Even Jasmine was a little surprised. The cook walked in and bowed to Jasmine.

"Princess the food stock has been broken in to. I woke up this morning and it was all gone!" the cook said in dismay.

"It's all right. We'll do just fine with what we have," Jasmine said with one of the first genuine smiles she had given anyone in a long time. The cook smiled and walked away. Jasmine turned to face Genie. There was a large smile on his face.

"You don't know how great it is to see you smile Jas," Genie told her as the other three nodded in agreement. Jasmine gave them another smile and found it easier to do. Iago flew from Genie's shoulder and grabbed an apple from the bowl while Abu grabbed a banana. Genie cut both himself and Jasmine a piece of bread. Jasmine took it gratefully. The meal was quiet but is was happier then usual. As Jasmine ate she quietly thought the herself "Maybe Aladdin will come home soon,"

************************************************************************

Aladdin held out his hand to signal the Army to stop. He could see the Tellhits Palace and the surrounding city. The Army stood ready, waiting for a command. Aladdin turned to Rasoul with a question is his eyes. "What do we do? There doesn't appear to be any defense," Aladdin observed.

"I don't know sir. Perhaps we should set up siege?" Rasoul offered. Aladdin wasn't listening. He closely at the wall and saw an orangey glow.

"Shields up! Archers at the ready! Get down!" Aladdin screamed down the lines. Shields went up, archers filled their bows, and the army hit the dirt. Seconds after the order was carried out flaming arrows clicked off the Shields harmlessly and buried themselves into the sand.

"Good call sir," Rasoul said as he crotched behind his shield.

"You can complement me later," Aladdin said as his eyes roamed the area for a safe place to camp. He spotted a ditch protected by rocks. "Rasoul take some men and check out that ditch for a camp. Take some archers for cover," Rasoul nodded and crawled off. As the arrows flew over head Aladdin fingered the locket around his neck. It had become to be a habit. When he was in trouble he played with the locket. It cleared his mind and calmed him down. He skimmed the walls with his eyes, trying to find the archers. His eyes locked on a shaft connected to the wall. As he watched a flaming arrow came shooting out. The arrow barely missed Aladdin's head as it soared over. "Lieutenant!" Aladdin yelled. A young man about the age of Aladdin clambered over. "Can you take out those shafts? They're firing through them," Aladdin asked.

"Yes sir!" the boy said as he armed his bow and let an arrow fly through it. It split the shaft in two.

"Keep your eyes peeled and shoot any shaft you see," Aladdin ordered.

"Yes sir!" the solider ran off. Now that the shaft was destroyed, enemy archers were showing themselves, and being plucked off by Agrabah's archers. Aladdin felt a twinge of sadness and loss at the loss of life, but he knew it was necessary to keep Agrabah and Jasmine safe.

Aladdin was pulled from his ponderings by Rasoul's return. "It's perfect! Protected on all sides!"

"Great! Start ordering the army into it. Start at the back and work your way up," Aladdin said to Rasoul. Rasoul rushed off again as the young archer came back.

"I've destroyed all the shafts I could find," he said.

"Thanks. You've done great work," Aladdin smiled at the boy and then turned his eyes back to the city. It glowed red from the fires that Tellhit and Agrabah had started. It was a waist. Another city was about to be destroyed by war. Aladdin started at the city until the front lines moved to the camp. Aladdin sadly shook his head as he rode off.

That night Agrabah prevailed. The Tellhits surrendered.

***********************************************************************

Jasmine was sitting on the Palace steps when a messenger ran towards her. He wore the royal crest of the Tellhits. In his hand was a scroll with an olive branch stuck to it. "This is for the Sultan of Agrabah's eyes only. See that he gets it," the messenger said gruffly to Jasmine. Jasmine took the scroll and dashed up the stairs. An olive branch meant peace! Jasmine pushed opened her father's toy room doors with a bang. The war people and the Sultan looked at her.

"Dearest..."

"A Tellhit messenger is outside the Palace! He gave me this!" Jasmine said with excitement as she handed her father the scroll.

"Thank you Jasmine. Can you excuse us?" the Sultan said. Jasmine nodded and closed the doors behind her. She sprinted up to her room. The gang was lounging on the balcony when Jasmine rushed in. Genie stood up swiftly, knocking Iago off his shoulder. "Jerk," Iago muttered under his breath.

"Jas what is it?" Genie asked.

"A Tellhitian messenger is outside the Palace. He gave me a scroll for my father. It had an olive branch in it!" Jasmine smiled.

"An olive branch means Peace!" Genie exclaimed happily as he twirled Jasmine around. Abu and Iago danced around the floor and Carpet did summersaults in the air.

"Al's coming home! Al's coming home!" Iago and Abu chanted.

"It's not in the bag yet guys," Jasmine said to them

"Does the term 'wet blanket mean anything to you?" Iago asked sarcastically as he flew onto Jasmine's shoulder.

"I just don't want to get my hopes up," Jasmine said matter of factly.

"She's right guys. Lets just hope everything goes our way," Genie said as he laid back down on the balcony. Jasmine sat herself down on a chair and looked up at the sky. Only one thought ran through her mind "Aladdin's coming home!"

Later that day the Sultan waddled into Jasmine's room, a large smile on his face. He handed the olive branch to Jasmine. "The Tellhits are surrendering! I need you to go to their capital and sign the treaty dearest. You must go right away. Jasmine hugged her father tightly, grabbed her crown, jumped on Carpet and flew away without a word. Genie jumped behind her with Iago and Abu. They all had smiles on their faces. Carpet flew faster then he had ever done before. In less then an hour they had traveled what the Army had traveled in a month. Jasmine saw the Tellhit Palace with white flags over the walls. Jasmine looked down and saw the Army of Agrabah cheering as they watched her fly past. She waved to them as she looked for Aladdin. She couldn't see him, but she knew he was there.

The Sultan of the city bowed low to her as she walked off Carpet. She felt sorry for him, knowing his people would never look at him the same way again. "You may rise," Jasmine said kindly. "Lets end this war,"

"Do you want your Army commander here?" the Sultan asked. Jasmine and the whole gang nodded vigorously. The Sultan bowed and sent a guard to find him.

************************************************************************

Aladdin was toasting a victory with Rasoul when the Army broke out in cheers. He looked just in time to see Carpet fly over him. He saw Jasmine for a split second. He called after her but she was gone. Aladdin looked after her, his face full of joy. A few minutes later a Tellhitian soldier walked up. "Her Royal Highness of Agrabah wishes for you to be present at the signing of the Peace Treaty sir," the enemy soldier grumbled. Aladdin didn't wait for an escort. He started running for the palace on his own.

************************************************************************

Jasmine was reading the treaty when the doors swung open. She turned towards them and smiled. Before the guard could introduce Aladdin was running to Jasmine. "Jasmine!" Aladdin yelled as he swung her around. His lips touched hers in a beautiful kiss. Jasmine clung on to him, never wanting to let go.

"Hey there are other people who want to say hi you two!" Iago squawked. Aladdin let her go and gave Genie a strong hug.

"I missed you so much Al!" Genie exclaimed.

"I missed you too Genie," Aladdin said. Abu clambered up to Aladdin's shoulder and hugged him tightly. Iago flew onto Aladdin's other shoulder.

"Al I'm sorry I didn't say I was really worried about you," Iago apologized.

"I knew you where Iago," Aladdin said as he petted Iago.

" Excuse me. The treaty has to be signed," the Sultan broke in. Jasmine signed:

Princess Jasmine of Agrabah

Aladdin signed:

Prince Aladdin of Agrabah

Jasmine smiled at him as he put the pen down. He took her hand and walked her out of the Palace."I'll see you soon. We'll be able to get home in a few days because the war won't stop us," Aladdin told Jasmine as he petted Carpet. "Genie would you mind staying and helping us out,"

"I'd love to Al!" Genie said. Aladdin kissed Jasmine goodbye and watcher her fly off. "Come on Genie lets go home!"

************************************************************************Jasmine sat down at her vanity and started braiding her hair. The Army had been spotted a few miles away. She slipped on the white and gold dress that she wore on her last date with Aladdin. She clasped on her locket, put on her crown and walked towards the gate. Abu was dressed in a white and purple vest and Iago wore a small turban. Rajah was brushed and wore a jewel collar. Carpet flew after them, newly cleaned. Jasmine's father stood on the stairs toward the gates. "Dearest you look gorgeous," the Sultan said.

"Thank You Father," Jasmine was interrupted by a loud trumpet blast and fireworks. "Looks like Genie is giving them a quite a welcome home," Jasmine said happily. As the army walked into the city a cheer rose from the people. Wives ran into the husband's arms, mother into son's. The ranks swelled as the army marched through the city towards the Palace. Jasmine's eyes locked with the man in the front. The army stopped at the stairs but that soldier with poffy hair took the stairs two at a time. He swung Jasmine around and kissed in front of the city. The city broke into cheers. Aladdin bowed to the Sultan, but the Sultan would have nothing to do with that. He gave Aladdin a hug. "Welcome back my boy!" Aladdin smiled as he walked back to Jasmine. He wrapped one of his arms around her waist. They leaned against each other as the Sultan stood to speak. "You fought for Agrabah and your family. Now we celebrate! There will be a victory party in the city tonight. Please enjoy yourselves," After the Sultan finished the city broke out into cheers. As the city cheered Aladdin pulled Jasmine away. He took her behind a tower and grabbed her shoulder. His eyes locked with hers. Jasmine smiled and caressed his face. He leaned in and kissed her. Jasmine's eyes shown with love that Aladdin had been missing for what seemed like forever.

"Jasmine I couldn't tell this with the guys around. I have missed you so much. I've missed you so much that it hurt. I never want to leave you again. I woke up early every morning so I could see the sunrise and think of you. The locket was my connection to you. I kept it close to my heart. Jasmine I love you with all my heart!" Aladdin said pouring his heart out to the woman he loved. Jasmine touched his face and hugged him tightly.

"I know Aladdin, I know," Her voice muffled as her head laid on his chest. Aladdin caressed her back and kissed the top of her head. Aladdin lifted her chin so her eyes looked directly into his. They kissed again, a kiss full of love and passion. A gong broke them apart. "It's time for the party," Aladdin bowed and held out his hand.

"May I have the honor of escorting the Princess to this grand affair?" he asked.

"Yes you may," Jasmine took Aladdin's arm and walked into the Marketplace.

The Marketplace was full of people dancing, eating, and making merry. Genie was in the middle of a large circle of spectators doing magic tricks. The Palace band played favorite tunes while dancing couples twirled by. Aladdin walked over to the director and whispered in his ear. Aladdin swung Jasmine on to the dance floor as the band began to play a "Whole New World" (Aladdin had taught them to play it at the wedding) He wrapped his arms around her waist and Jasmine wrapped her arms around his neck. They danced to their song, singing as they gazed into each other's eyes. As the song ended and another one began a light tap on Aladdin's shoulder made him turn. "Can we cut in?" Sadira asked, Genie next to her.

"Sure,' Jasmine said with a smile as she took Genie's hand.

"It sure is nice to see you smiling again Jas. Al really picked the best girl around," Genie said as they danced.

"Thank you Genie," Jasmine said as Sadira and Aladdin danced by.

"Aladdin I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything I've done. You and Jasmine really do belong together," Sadira said.

"It's all right," Aladdin said with a smile.

"And I'm really glad your ok," Sadira said as the song ended. Aladdin kissed Sadira on the cheek and walked back to Jasmine who was drinking a glass of wine. Her eyes were shining and her smile brightened up everyone around her. Aladdin took the glass from her and took a sip. Jasmine leaned against Aladdin as they watched the dancing couples. As they stood there soldiers would walk up with their families to thank Aladdin. Jasmine looked on her heart filled with pride. Jasmine turned away for a second and saw Rasoul climbing on a table

"Can I have your attention please!" Rasoul called over the crowd. The music and talking stopped and all eyes turned to face the captain of the guard. "I would just like to say thank you Aladdin for pulling the Army through. When he first started dating the Princess I disliked him with a passion. But as time went on and he and the Princess got more serious I started to see that there was more to him then his past. What I'm saying in I'm glad Princess Jasmine married Aladdin and I am proud to have served with him!" Rasoul said as he raised his glass to Aladdin. In the crowd a voice called "Three cheers for Aladdin! HIP HIP!"

"HOORAY!"

"HIP HIP!"

"HOORAY!"

"HIP HIP!"

"HOORAY!" Aladdin raised Jasmine's glass in thanks. He turned to face Jasmine. She wore a large smile. She took his hand and walked him away from the crowd. Carpet was waiting for them. Jasmine sat down and motioned Aladdin to follow. He smiled and sat down next to her. Carpet took off flying back towards the small lake in the hills. Aladdin and Jasmine where silent during the flight.

Aladdin helped Jasmine down from Carpet and took her hand in his. They walked on the shore by the lake. When they came the apple tree Aladdin picked one out of habit. He gave it to Jasmine in his special way. She looked at him and smiled. "I am so proud of you," Jasmine told him her voice full of love.

"Thanks sweetheart. It was really hard at times, but I guess did ok. Especially if Rasoul said all those things," Aladdin said with a smile. Jasmine laughed.

"His opinion of you sure has changed over the years," Jasmine commented. Aladdin didn't say anything, he just looked at Jasmine. Before Jasmine could say anything he kissed her without warning. When they parted Jasmine looked at him, amazed. "What was that for?" Jasmine asked out of breath.

"Nothing really. I just wanted to kiss you," he said smiling.

"Well feel free to kiss me any time you want," Jasmine told him. Aladdin nodded and kissed her again, and this time it really seemed to last forever.

THE END

***********************************************************************

I hope you like this story. Sorry it took me so long to write a new one. If there are any real people called the Tellhits I am sorry if I offended you. As usual feedback is welcome and wanted.

shelbylindrud@hotmail.com

JASMINE AND ALADDIN TOGETHER FOREVER!