Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Mystic by Shelby Lindrud
[Reviews - 2] Printer

- Text Size +
Mystic’s Debut by Shelby Lindrud                                           Story 1 of 3

Morbia. Dark, scary, home of the late Mirage. The Sphinx floated aimlessly through the starry wasteland. The torches extinguished the moment Mirage was killed. Then as if a match had been tossed in the torches blazed to life. Two green eyes appeared above the torches, an evil laugh echoed through Morbia.Jasmine gasped as she sat up in bed. A cold sweat had invaded her body. She looked around the room, her eyes investigating every nook and cranny. She then turned to the empty side of her bed. Aladdin and the rest of the gang had gone to the Land of the Black Sands to destroy Mozenrath’s Citadel. Aladdin asked Jasmine to come, but something internal told her not to. She knew what that something was. Jasmine was pregnant. She had only found out yesterday. A warm smile replaced her early frown. Her father was still beaming. But the kingdom didn’t know yet, not till Aladdin knew. Telling Aladdin kind of scared Jasmine. She didn’t know how he would react to the news. Jasmine fell back into a fitful sleep, her hand on her stomach.Jasmine walked slowly towards the dining hall. She felt terrible. “Now I know what women are talking about,” she told herself as she opened the door. Her eyes locked onto the back of Aladdin’s head. She quickly ducked back behind the door. “Not now! Not when I look like this!” she hissed as she turned back towards her room, but Genie was coming. She rolled her eyes and walked into the hall. Aladdin turned around the moment the door opened. Aladdin’s large and bright smile faded slightly as Jasmine came closer. He took her hands and looked deeply into her face. Jasmine quickly looked at her father. He nodded happily.“Something is different about you. You look sick but your eyes are really bright and happy. What’s wrong?” Aladdin asked.“Dear sit down,” Jasmine told Aladdin. He sat down on a bench and looked at her. “Aladdin I don’t know how you’ll react but I have to tell you,”“Jasmine you’re scaring me! Your not sick are you!” Aladdin asked scared.“NO, NO, NO! I’m better then fine actually,” Jasmine reassured him as she kneeled in front of him. Aladdin let out a sigh of relief. “Aladdin I’m pregnant,” Jasmine said slowly. Dead silence filled the room. Genie’s mouth hung open. Abu and Iago just looked at each other, not knowing what to do. Carpet just hung there. Aladdin looked at Jasmine in disbelief. Jasmine started to get worried as a few minutes passed and he didn’t say anything. “Aladdin say something,” Jasmine said, her voice cracking. Aladdin stood up and walked towards the gardens. “Aladdin! Aladdin!” Jasmine yelled after him.“I have to think!” he told her as he ran off. Jasmine sadly followed him with her eyes as Genie hugged her.“Aladdin doesn’t want the baby. Very interesting,” the eyes said. The eyes started to glow darker as they grew smaller and were placed on a face. It was a human girl with blonde hair. Her clothes were black. “Time to make my debut,”Aladdin walked around the garden slowly. “What do I know about raising a family! My parents weren’t exactly there to teach me,” Aladdin said. His thoughts then did a U-turn, towards Jasmine. “I shouldn’t have run off on Jasmine. Just think of what she is going through. I’ll just have to learn like everyone else.” A proud smile came to his face. “I’m going to be a dad,” Aladdin said as he turned towards the Palace. He then heard a crash and a scream. “JASMINE!” Aladdin yelled as he raced towards the Palace. The Sultan and Genie were trying to open the door. Aladdin jumped on Carpet and flew out to the window. Jasmine was backed against a wall, tears flowing down her cheeks. A woman towered over her. Aladdin had never seen her before, but that didn't matter. Aladdin jumped from Carpet and crashed into the girl. He rolled off of her and ran to Jasmine. He stood in front of her. She clung on to him tightly. “ Who are you?” Aladdin demanded.“My name is Mystic but you probably remember me as... Mirage!” Jasmine gasped and Aladdin took a step back.“Mirage is dead,” Jasmine whispered.“No she’s not, just the cat. The evil still lives. So princess, congratulations on the baby,” Mystic sneered.“You leave my baby and my wife alone or you'll regret it!” Hope flashed into Jasmine’s eyes.“ I would dare,” Mystic said sarcastically as she vanished. Just then Genie rushed in.“Jasmine are you ok?” Jasmine nodded at Aladdin.“It was Mirage,” Aladdin told Genie.“Al Mirage is dead,” Genie said.“Just the cat not the evil that was part of her,” Genie nodded as the gang left Aladdin and Jasmine alone. Aladdin turned back to Jasmine who was sitting on the bed. He kneeled in front of her, taking her hands in his.” Jasmine I'm sorry for running off. It was a shock. I guess I was kind of scared too,”“Scared why?” Jasmine asked.“I never had a real family until you. My parents didn't teach me anything,”“Your parents weren't around to teach you to love, to be a great husband, a great friend. Which you are by the way,” Jasmine said with a smile. Aladdin smiled back and kissed her thankfully. “You have nothing to worry about. We'll learn together, just like we have been doing,”“I guess your right, as always. Jasmine I want this baby, I want to be a father,” Aladdin said. Jasmine’s eyes filled with tears of joy. She fell into Aladdin’s arms and hugged him tightly. Aladdin kissed her and wiped the tears from her eyes. “I love you my princess and my soon to be Prince or Princess,” Aladdin said directed towards Jasmine’s stomach. Jasmine laughed and hugged him again.“We love you too,” she said happily.Mystic watched on from Morbia. “This is going to be fun. I have now two ways to Aladdin’s soul. His princess and his child,” Mystic’s evil laugh filled Morbia.

TO BE CONTINUED...