Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Ethereal Epilogue by Shelby Lindrud
[Reviews - 6] Printer

- Text Size +
Aladdin, Jasmine and others all belong to Disney. If they belonged to me we would be on movie ten by now. :)

Ethereal Epilogue
By Shelby Lindrud

Aladdin heard the rubble of the tower before it fell. He turned from the people he was helping to make sure that no one was in the path of the falling tower. What he saw made is blood run cold. It was like he was watching his worse nightmare. Jasmine ran and leaped over towards the boy, just like she leaped over the roofs the day they met. Aladdin watched in horror as Jasmine pushed the young boy out of the way, seconds before the tower took its final plunge. “JASMINE!!!!” Aladdin screamed as the dust and rubble covered his one true love. Carpet raced forward, not waiting for Aladdin’s command. Aladdin jumped down into the pile of rubble, looking desperate for any sign of Jasmine. Genie landed next to him just as Aladdin found her. His mind knew there was no way Jasmine could have survived that, but his heart wouldn't, couldn't let go of her. He let in a ragged breath as he reached to clasp her hand. The moment he touched he knew. He choked back a cry of pain and sorrow. He didn't even here Genie as he lifted his life in his arms. As Carpet flew over the city cries of remorse echoed from the city streets. Aladdin’s heart had been broken into a million pieces and he felt nothing but indescribable pain. Aladdin laid Jasmine softly near the Ethereal's feet and he kneeled in front of her, hoping that is was just a terrible nightmare and that all he had to do was wake up and Jasmine would be at the Palace waiting for him. Aladdin knew there was no way he could keep going on with out Jasmine at his side. He felt no he knew his life was over. He didn't cry, his reputation as being the hero wouldn't allow that, and that just made him angry. He deserved to cry over Jasmine, in front of the whole city. The Sultan was so why couldn't he. Aladdin finally looked up for Jasmine’s still face and saw the Ethereal's restore Agrabah, the city Jasmine loved so much. Anger flowed through is body mixing in with his pain. “Why save us now!?” he demanded to know.

“Because she understood,” the Ethereal's said as she swept her arm over Jasmine. Aladdin looked down at her hoping something had changed.

“Jasmine,” he pleaded, like a last attempt. Jasmine’s eyes fluttered open. It took Aladdin a second to register everything. But then Jasmine was in his arms hugging him tightly as if she too had felt the pain of being separated. Aladdin wanted to cry from sheer happiness but knew he couldn't. The boy Jasmine saved ran up and hugged her from behind. Jasmine let go of Aladdin to hug the child. “It’s the people Aladdin! It’s the people that make Agrabah great!” Jasmine said happily. Aladdin just nodded his head, unable to answer; for fear that his voice would crack. He barely saw or heard the Ethereal's leave, he saw and heard only Jasmine. Even when Genie threw them in the air and mentioned a party Aladdin still couldn't keep his eyes of Jasmine. All he could think of was that she was alive and still his.

Aladdin slowly climbed the ladder to his hovel. He could still hear the party from the Marketplace. Aladdin hadn't left Jasmine’s side the whole night but he felt he needed to think. So he had slipped silently away as Jasmine danced with Genie. He sat down on the “window sill” and stared out at the Palace. The events of the day came back in a rush, overwhelming him. The tears finally flowed unchecked. They were tears of pain and unbelievable happiness, the tears he had wanted to cry when everything had happened. He didn't even hear the soft footsteps coming up from behind him. All he knew was that in seconds he was wrapped in Jasmine’s arms and he was crying against her chest. Jasmine held him, her own tears adding to his. “Shh, it's ok. I'm here,” she said softly in his ear rubbing his back as you would to sooth a baby. Aladdin’s sobs subsided and he just held Jasmine tightly. Jasmine was touched deeply that Aladdin was allowing her to see him cry and that the tears were about her that she held on to him just a tightly. Aladdin said something but it was muffled. “What?” she asked. Aladdin lifted his tear-streaked face so he could look deeply into Jasmine’s eyes.

“Marry me?” Aladdin asked her. Jasmine took a sharp breath in surprised. Aladdin brought his finger to her lips so he could finish. “What happened to today opened my eyes Jasmine. Life doesn't go on forever and we won't always be so lucky. I want to spend every minute I can with you. Not just as your boyfriend or fiancée but as your husband. I'm done waiting. I know you have been waiting for me. Well I'm ready. So if you'll still have me, please will you marry me?” Jasmine smiled and her eyes danced so brightly that Aladdin was spellbound. Jasmine laughed as tears streamed down her brown eyes.

“Of course I'll still marry you!” Jasmine hugged Aladdin tightly. Aladdin lifted her face to his and kissed her passionately. That kiss said that even in death their love could and would live forever.

The End

Author’s Notes: I always thought the Ethereal's was the last ep. Now I don't know if that’s true or not. Now I loved that ep but I felt it was missing a little closer and I was kind of hurt that Aladdin didn't cry. I mean Iago did why didn't he. That is one of the main reasons I wrote this I need to give myself some closer on that little thing. We never got inside Aladdin’s mind in that so I sort of did. I also thought that when Jas died it would have opened Aladdin’s eyes to marry his girl. So tada this is my answer to all those pesky questions I always had and hopefully a few other people had as well. Feedback welcome as always! shelbylindrud@hotmail.com