Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Embracing the Darkness by Monica Conway
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
Note: All Disney characters are copyrighted by them and used without permission, but with respect. Others such as Danielle (Magician/Avalon Princess) and Snow/wolf are (c) Monica Conway and Jesuwa/Darkfate is (C) Monica Conway. Also, characters such as Nimue` are from the Arthur legend and is copyrighted by Sir Thomas Malory. This story can be read, and downloaded as long as nothing is altered. For non-profit uses only. Inspired by my favorite movies Legend, and Anastasia. Also, special thanks to gaiaeartmother@hotmail.com for editing my story. Enjoy!

"Embracing the Darkness"

By Monica Conway

Mozenrath fumed in exasperation and looked for a suitable spell to bring Danielle to his side. Books flew all over the place. One book nearly hit his eel, Xerxes.

"Master, upset?" asked Xerxes.

"No, I'm furious! Out of all these spell books, not one is powerful enough to trap Danielle." yelled Mozenrath in such a loud voice that the force of the sound knocked the eel aside.

The sorcerer continued his search.

Meanwhile, in the Dark Spiral, Jesuwa/Darkfate couldn't stop laughing. The scene before her was so funny that tears came to Darkfate's eyes.

"Oh, this is priceless! But let's see what happens when we heat things up a bit." she said.

Jesuwa waved her spider staff. There was a bright flash of green and black magic, then an ancient scroll appeared among Mozenrath's things.

"This should be good." said Darkfate. She watched with eagerness to see what would happen next.

Mozenrath finally saw the scroll, in the mess of books.

"What's this?" He asked himself.

He picked up the scroll, opened it. The sorcerer scanned the contents of the spell.

"Yes!,just what I need to make that do-gooder Aladdin disappear from my life, and get Danielle to join the side of Darkness." said the young sorcerer with a smug grin on his face.

"Master, happy?" said the eel.

"Yes, Xerxes. Very happy!" exclaimed Mozenrath.

The eel smiled in response to what his master said. The sorcerer spoke yet again.

"Now, to set this plan in motion." he said.

Mozenrath studied the spell.

Elsewhere, the Avalon princess was feeling kind of homesick. She missed her mom and her native land, Avalon. Danielle sighed deeply.

"What's wrong?" asked Jasmine.

"Oh, nothing really...I just miss home, that's all." answered Danielle.

"If that's what is bothering you, then visit. Besides, I'd like to see this magic land that you've been talking so much about." said Jasmine.

"Really? Won't Aladdin mind??" asked Danielle.

"No. If he was here, he'd want me to go...besides Aladdin is going to be gone for months, trading items for my father in different countries." said the Princess.

"Ah, I see. Let's pack our bags. I'm going home." Danielle stated.

The Avalon princess smiled a wide grin to her friend.

"I'll just let father know, I'm going and we're all set." said Jas.

Jasmine headed towards the throne room to talk to her father. Danielle went in other direction and got dressed and packed for her trip.

Somewhere else, Aladdin offered some items to trade to a mysterious man, who wore a black robe and hood. The outfit hid the man's face.

"We have some lovely items." said Aladdin.

"Very nice, but could you please move closer, my eyesight isn't what it used to be." answered the hooded man.

"Sure." said the streetrat, not realizing the danger.

"Ah, perfect, Aladdin." he said and laughed. The strange man held the young hero with a viselike grip.

"What are you doing? Who are you?" demanded Aladdin.

"Oh, I'm hurt. You don't remember me." said the cloaked man. He pulled back his hood. Mozenrath stood there in all his glory.

"Mozenrath! I'd should have known, it was you. YOU RAT!" exclaimed the hero.

"Complaints will get you nowhere. I have an interesting fate in store for you." Mozenrath said in a dark tone to his voice.

The eel flew out of the shadows. "Interesting fate, Interesting fate," Xerxes hissed and repeated.

By this time, Jasmine was packed for the journey. Danielle came down the stairs, dressed in a shimmering white satin gown sparkling with diamonds. Her hair, long and flowing was topped with a golden crown. The whole outfit suited a princess as well as a magician.

"What do ya think?" she asked.

"Wow, you definitely look like a princess from Avalon." answered Jas.

"Thanks!" said Danielle.

"Well, we'd better start on our journey. It will take a couple of months by camel to reach your land." said Jasmine.

"I think, I know of an easier way." answered the Avalon princess.

Danielle's pet rushed to her side.

"Ready, boy?" she asked her snow white wolf.

The wolf howled in response.

"Ready for what?" asked Jasmine.

"Just brace yourself for quite a trip." said Danielle.

The magician began chanting words of a traveling spell:

Magic of the good and true.
Hear my plead, open the magical void,
and take us to the magical land called
Avalon.

A soft pink mist encircled the three, and when Danielle uttered the last word, they disappeared from sight. Jasmine was amazed by the colors and scenes she saw in the magic void. Bright swirling colors of blue, green, and white. They passed over the Arabian desert, China, Persia, and many other great countries. At last the three reached their destination, the mystical land of Avalon.

The mist cleared and they stood in a field of flowers. Jasmine looked around her. There were green trees, grass, tons of different plants. The place was simply magical.

"This is Avalon." said Danielle.

"It's beautiful!" answered Jasmine.

The Arabian princess bent down, and picked a red rose, admiring its beauty. At that very same moment, a cottage door opened and a thin woman with white hair greeted them.

"Welcome home, my daughter." said Nimue`. "Hello, mother." answered the Avalon princess.

Danielle hugged her mother. Nimue` noticed her daughter had company.

"who's your friend?" asked Nimue`.

"Oh, mom, this is Jasmine, princess of Agrabah. Jasmine, my mom, Nimue`, Queen of Avalon." said Danielle, as she introduced them to each other.

"Pleased to meet you." said Jasmine. The princess bowed politely to the Queen.

"Charmed to make your acquaintance, my dear." she said, and smiled.

Snow jumped up and down and licked Nimue`'s face. He was glad to be home.

"I'm glad to see you again." answered the woman as she playfully ruffled the wolf's fur.

"Come inside. I'm sure you're all tired from your long journey." offered Nimue`.

The four people went into the cottage. Danielle's mom gestured for the two women to sit, and brought them some supper. After dinner she showed them to their bedrooms. The next morning, the two friends awoke to the sounds of birds singing. Jasmine came downstairs while Danielle and her mother were making breakfast.

"Morning, Jasmine." said her friend.

"Morning, Danielle." answered Jasmine.

"Did you sleep well?" asked Nimue`.

"Yes." said Jasmine.

Nimue`, Danielle, and Jasmine sat down to breakfast. Jasmine commented on how good the food was. Danielle smiled.

"I'm glad you liked it." Nimue` said as she cleared the table. "It's such a lovely day - why don't you two girls go out and enjoy yourselves?" she continued.

"That's an excellent idea, mother!" answered her daughter.

Then she turned to her friend. "What do you think?" asked Danielle.

"Let's do it! I'd love to see more of Avalon." said Jas, and she smiled.

"Bye, Mom!" said her daughter.

"Have a good time you, two." answered Nimue`. She waved goodbye to both of them. They left the cottage.

Danielle showed Jasmine many wondrous things such as Unicorns, Elves, Fairies, tons of different plants, and other magical stuff.

"Wow, I never knew so much magic existed." exclaimed Jasmine.

"Well, Avalon is the source of where all white magic comes from." explained Danielle.

"Even yours?" asked Jas.

"Yep, even my magic comes from here too." answered the Avalon princess.

Elsewhere, Mozenrath arrived in Avalon for his own dark purposes.

"Ah, Avalon. Soon Danielle will be mine, and you, Aladdin will finally be out of my life forever." said Mozenrath to Aladdin.

The hero was in chains, and several mamluks held him.

"Dream on!" answered Aladdin, as he struggled to break free.

"Oh, Aladdin, I no longer need to dream." answered Mozenrath.

The young sorcerer started to chant strange words. Then out of the ground sprang a huge black castle. Aladdin gasped in shock.

Mozenrath smiled a wicked grin as the Mamluks followed him inside and dragged Aladdin with them. Mozenrath's servants chained Aladdin to the wall.

"YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS!" screamed the hero.

Mozenrath chuckled and walked away from him. The evil wizard sat on his throne and gazed into a black crystal ball. An image of Jasmine and Danielle appeared in the crystal.

"Now, to send a sign to Danielle to make her come here." said Mozenrath.

He cast several spells. The first made snowflakes fall, second one caused time to freeze, and the third would make Jasmine turn into a fairy.

"That should do it, but there is one more thing that needs to be done." said Moze. He walked down to the dungeon where Aladdin was held captive.

"What do you want?" asked Al angrily.

"Your hat!" answered Mozenrath.

The sorcerer grabbed it off his head. Aladdin glared at his enemy.

"I need this more than you do." said Mozenrath.

"Why?" asked Aladdin.

"You'll see.," he smiled Mozenrath, and with a wave of his hand made the object disappear.

The wizard left Aladdin wondering what he was truly up to.

Some place else, Danielle noticed snowflakes falling. This was highly unusual, because it was not the season for snow. Danielle felt something was terribly wrong.

"We'd better head back." said Danielle to Jasmine.

"Why?" asked her friend.

"I can't explain it, but something's not right." answered Danielle.

The two rushed back to the cottage.

"MOTHER!, MOTHER!" shouted Danielle.

The door of the house was open. She and Jas searched the rooms. They came to the living room. Nimue` was frozen like a statue, and the clock on the mantle had stopped.

"Oh, MY LORD!" exclaimed her daughter, who dropped to the floor weeping.

Snow found the hero's hat, and nuzzled Danielle. She stopped crying for a moment.

"What do you have there, boy?" asked the Avalon princess.

The wolf dropped the hat in his mistress's lap. She stared at the item. Jasmine, her pal, recognized the hat.

"That's Aladdin's hat!" exclaimed Jas in a high-pitched tone.

Jasmine's voice sounded weird. It was song-like, very similar to tiny bells. Danielle noticed this. She turned around, and faced her friend...the arabian princess was now a fairy.

"Oh, my gosh!" said Danielle.

"What's wrong?" asked Jasmine.

"Uh, look for yourself." she said, and handed Jas a mirror.

"I'M A FAIRY!" screamed Jasmine.

"Calm down." said the magician.

Jasmine did and asked, "Who would do such a thing?"

The two young women looked at each other, and at the same time exclaimed. "MOZENRATH!"

"I bet that snake in the grass has Aladdin captive too." said the princess.

"But, it could be a trap." insisted her friend.

"Maybe so, but I don't really have a choice." she said.

"Be careful." answered Jasmine.

"Don't worry, I will." said Danielle, and she smiled to reassure her friend.

The magician called for her pet wolf, and the two magically disappeared. When they reappeared, the pair was inside the dark black castle. Show followed his mistress, but suddenly smelled something and travelled in another direction. The wolf growled angrily and leapt at its enemy. A bright flash of blue magic hit the animal causing it to freeze like a statue. Mozenrath smiled, and stepped out into view.

"So much for the guardian." said a smug Mozenrath.

He laughed and disappeared.

Danielle realized her pet was no longer with her. She continued to search for Aladdin and the missing wolf. The Avalon princess came to a room lit with several black candles. The candlelight bounced off the dark wooded furniture. On the table sat a silver chest adorned with precious gems.

Danielle, fascinated at the sight, carefully opened the chest, and drew out a three-stranded diamond necklace, dazzled by its beauty. She put it on. Mozenrath, who watched from the shadows, smiled. A voice in his head whispered, "Make her yours."

It really Darkfate telling him that, and not a thought the lowly sorcerer had conceived by himself.

"Oh, I intend to." Mozenrath said to himself, and chanted the rest of the spell.

Danielle, lost in her thoughts about the past, started to sing a strange song:

Dancing lovers
Horse's wings
Things I remember
and a song my heart sings long ago
Someone holds me close.
Unicorns prance through
a magical storm.

We dance gracefully
In my memory...
Far away, long ago,
Growing dimmer and dimmer
Things my heart used to know.
Things it wants to regain
and a song in my heart
sings, once long ago.

The dark magic circled around her. A mirror image of Danielle in a black low neck gown appeared, but she thought it was only her reflection. The enchanted double danced in perfect steps. The magical dress came towards her...she opened her arms, and they met. Danielle turned around and found herself wearing the dark enchanted dress. They became one.

"It is done." said a pleased Mozenrath.

He appeared in front of her. Danielle knelt at his feet.

"My Lord." said the woman.

Mozenrath smiled, and took her hand. She rose. The two kissed.

My love. Shall we dine first, or destroy the traitor and let eternal darkness rule forever?" asked Mozenrath.

Danielle's eyes twinkled wickly.

"Destroy the traitor, my lord." answered the Avalon princess.

"Excellent!" exclaimed Mozenrath, and with a magical wave of his hand, they appeared where the sorcerer had Aladdin tied to an altar over a cavernous pit.

Meanwhile, Jasmine was worried and followed Danielle to the castle. She overheard the horrible events that had taken place.

"Aladdin, you have a visitor." said Mozenrath in a mocking tone.

The sorcerer moved, and Danielle was now unveiled.

"Hello, Aladdin." said the woman magician in a dark voice.

Danielle looked the same except for her appearance and the evil look in her eyes. Aladdin shivered in the presence of her gaze. He eventually found the courage to speak.

"What did you do to her?" asked Al.

Mozenrath laughed, and there was an eerie evil sound to his voice.

"Nothing, except...she's mine now." answered Moze.

He laughed again. Mozenrath was shocked by this.

Mozenrath spoke once again.

"And soon you'll be out of my life, and darkness will spread all over the land, FOREVER!"

"YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS!" yelled Aladdin.

"Oh, PLEASE! that line is getting old, and I believe you won't be needing that lamp of yours anymore." said the sorcerer.

Mozenrath reached over and snatched the genie's lamp out of Aladdin's reach. Aladdin stared at him with hatred. Mozenrath smiled, yet again.

"If you'd do the honors, my dear..." said Mozenrath to Danielle.

"Of course, my lord." said Danielle, and took out her dagger.

"Farewell, Aladdin." said Mozenrath.

Jasmine's fairy eyes grew wide, and she frantically rubbed the genie's lamp while Mozenrath enjoyed the moment, unaware of what she was doing.

"Danielle, fight the SPELL! I know you can." pleaded Aladdin.

For one brief moment in time, Danielle looked like she might not hurt Aladdin, but the spell was too powerful. Danielle charged at Aladdin with the dagger intending to destroy him.

Jasmine summoned the genie and screamed, "SAVE HIM, GENIE!"

Aladdin was saved at the last minute.

Danielle, fuming, yelled out "CURSE YOU, ALADDIN!" Mozenrath, likewise, screamed the same.

"Genie, destroy the castle." commanded Aladdin.

Genie magically hit the stones and caused the palace to break up. Mozenrath got hit by one of the many tumbling bricks.

"Now is our chance to escape." said Aladdin to Danielle, and he tried to drag her away from Mozenrath. But the spell he had put on her remained fully intact.

"NO! Leave me ALONE!" said Danielle, and she pushed her friends aside.

"My poor love." she said. Danielle bent over him.

"Genie, can't you do something?" asked Jasmine.

"No, I'm sorry." answered a sad genie.

The place trembled worse than ever. Danielle, using her magic made Mozenrath, the wolf and herself disappear, safe from harm before the trio tried to further interfere.

"Time to go!" said Genie, and he made all of his comrades magically escape just as the roof of the building caved in.

Genie, Aladdin, and Jasmine all watched the ruins in disappointment.

"Don't worry. We'll get her back, Al." said Genie.

"I know." said Aladdin, and sighed.

Genie, for the first time, noticed Jasmine was a fairy. "WOW! New look, Jas?" mocked Genie.

"Very funny, Genie. Just change me back, ok?" muttered Jasmine.

"Will do!" he said, and laughed.

Jasmine returned to normal. The two lovers, and the genie sadly reflected on their lost of a good friend, because until the Avalon princess and the wolf returned to normal, the land and its inhabitants would remain frozen in time.

Somewhere else, Danielle returned to the Citadel, with her new dark powers. She turned her pet wolf to the dark side as well. The wolf's snow-white fur turned black. It howled an eerie howl, and chased Xerxes. She paid no mind to that and tended to Mozenrath.

Danielle cleaned his wounds and finally, out of exhaustion, fell asleep next to him. Mozenrath awoke with a start and looked around him. He wondered how they'd escaped. The only thing the sorcerer remembered was being hurt, then darkness. Mozenrath glanced up and saw Danielle peacefully asleep with a smile on her face at his side.

He smiled, and kissed her on the lips. She stirred, but did not awaken. At least he thought Aladdin had not succeeded in taking her away from him. Mozenrath smiled put his arms around Danielle again, then went back to sleep. She was home with him at last and, if left up to Mozenrath, it would stay that way. The dark black wolf watched over them through the night, as Xerxes hid in a corner from the beast.

To be continued........