Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
When Fantasy Becomes Reality by Monica Conway
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
When Fantasy Becomes Reality

By Monica Conway

Disclaimer: A what-if story of how I started writing fanfics on my favorite villain (Mozenrath). All Disney characters are © Disney and used without permission but with a lot of respect. This fanfic can be downloaded and read as long as nothing is changed and proper credit is given to the author. Also, a special thank-you to Sarah (GaiaEarthMother@hotmail.com) for editing my story. For enjoyment only!

I had just finished writing some stories on different Disney characters, then decided to take a break from storytelling and go out for a bit. On my way from taking a relaxing walk, I came to an antique shop and strolled in.

There were several interesting objects for sale, but one special item caught my eye. A beautiful ancient looking crystal on a silver chain. It seemed like something a wizard or sorceress might use. I asked the sales clerk how much and to my surprise the cost was quite low. The salesperson wrapped the item up for me. I paid for it and left.

Finally, I reached home, went upstairs to my room and closed the door. Opening the wrapping paper, I studied the trinket. A thought came to me:

Why don't I write some stories on my favorite sorcerer, Mozenrath?

I tried various ideas but suffered writer's block.

I laid down my pencil and sighed to myself.

"Too bad in reality he doesn't exist." Little did I know that my wish was going to be granted.

Since it was getting kind of late I stopped writing, ate supper, took a shower, and changed into my nightgown.

Sitting at my dresser, combing my long, reddish-gold hair, my mind wandered and then I glanced at the crystal necklace, and without a second thought fastened the chain on my neck. I admired the beauty of it in the mirror, grew tired, turned off the lights, and went to bed.

That night, I had a strange dream. All around me was black sand and a young man lying on the ground was dressed in sorcerer clothes. He was hurt. At first I thought this dream had been a product of my writing. You know, something that your mind makes up, fantastic things to see how your ideas might look. But that wasn't the case at all.

For one thing, the sorcerer appeared as he would look in reality, very realistic. The man faintly opened his eyes and stretched out his hand--which was totally skeletal--and reached for me.

"Help me!" he said. The voice was pleading for assistance, and repeated several times, which was very eerie. In the distance, I saw an eel flying frantically. Then I awoke with a start, shivering slightly from what I had seen.

Unable to fall asleep again, I decided to drink a glass of warm milk. Hopefully it would help me sleep and sort out the images of the dream in my mind. I asked myself:

Had I dreamt of Mozenrath?

"No way!" I said out loud and hurried back to my bedroom. I might have dismissed the whole thing as a silly figment of my imagination if not for the next series of events that had happened.

When I returned to my room, something was not right to me. The mirror on the wall shone faintly as if by magic. I dropped my glass in shack. It fell and shattered into many tiny pieces, and I felt a weird compulsion to look at the crystal on my neck. It too glowed, but brightly. Suddenly, I understood. The crystal was the source of the magic that had caused my mirror to do that.

"But why?" I asked to no one.

I moved closer to the mirror and looked in. What I saw was the same thing that I had seen in my dream, except Mozenrath was unconscious. I then touched the glass in the mirror. It rippled and I passed through it with ease. Mozenrath's familiar--the eel named Xerxes--greeted me.

"You've come to help master," said Xerxes.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Explain later. Help master now," answered the eel.

I nodded.

"Ok," I said, and dragged the sorcerer through the glass. Xerxes followed us, close behind. As soon as we entered my room, the mirror ceased to glow and became as it was once before: a normal everyday looking glass.

I laid Mozenrath on the bed, then spoke to the eel again.

"What did you mean when you said I came to help him?" I asked Xerxes.

He explained to me that after Mozenrath had been defeated by Aladdin and his gauntlet lost in the vast desert, he had become very ill, and had started to have dreams of me like I had of him. The reason for the collective dreams is because I am the only person who can help him retrieve the gauntlet.

"Me? How?" I asked.

"With your crystal," answered Xerxes.

The eel beckoned me to follow him to the mirror again. We stood in front of the glass.

"Now what?" I asked.

"Concentrate, close your eyes, and imagine where the gauntlet is, then touch the glass," said Xerxes in an impatient tone.

I did as I was told. When I touched the mirror, I saw the vast barren Arabian desert and--buried deep down in the sand was the gauntlet. My hand reached through the rippled glass and I plucked the gauntlet from the sand, bringing it into my room. the mirror became normal again.

"Good work, good work! Give master the gauntlet," hissed the familiar.

I glanced at the sorcerer. He was too weak to wear the glove; wearing it now would drain what little strength he had left.

"No. He needs to build some of his strength back first," I told Xerxes.

"Wise choice," hissed the eel.

I carefully wrapped the gauntlet in tissue paper and placed it in a velvet lined box. I opened my clothing chest and put the box in it for safekeeping. My attention was drawn to the young man, for the next couple of days I looked after him.

One day, I studied the sorcerer. He had long flowing dark hair and a very handsome face. I gently touched one of the locks of hair, then his face and kissed his lips briefly. I continued to stroke Mozenrath's hair. His eyes opened and he stared up at me.

"It's you!" he said and continued to speak. "I must find my gauntlet." He tried to get up, but I stopped him.

"Don't worry. It's safe with me," I told the young man.

Mozenrath smiled at me, and with a thoughtful quiet tone to his voice said:

"Thank-you."

"You're welcome. But why did you seem to know me?" I asked.

"Well, for one thing, you were in my dreams, and secondly, it's common knowledge that in every different world, there is at least one kindred spirit that has the ability to perform magic," he said.

"Oh!" was all I could manage to say out of shock.

"So... what's your name?" asked Mozenrath.

"Monica," I replied.

"That's a beautiful name," he said.

"Thank-you," I said and blushed a bit.

Mozenrath and I became quite close. He came across some of my art & stories.

"Not bad! But I'd prefer the villain to win," he said.

I laughed.

"I'm not surprised. After all you are a bad guy."

He smiled wickedly in response and caught me off guard with a hug.

"Whoa! That's something I'd never predict," I said.

Mozenrath was now strong enough to wear his magical glove. I opened the chest, took out the box, and handed it to him.

"What's in it?" asked Mozenrath.

"Open it!" I told him.

He opened the black velvet lined box, pullet away the tissue and there was the gauntlet.

"My gauntlet!" he exclaimed.

Mozenrath smiled and kissed me. The kiss lasted for quite some time. We looked at each other. I cleared my throat.

"Well, put it on," I said.

Mozenrath put on the glove and his powers returned.

"I don't say this much... but thank you," he said.

I grinned a bit.

"Glad to help. Well, I guess this means goodbye," I said.

We searched each other's eyes, emotions clearly showing.

"Come with me," Mozenrath said.

"I can't," I answered.

"Pity, but at least take this as a token of my gratitude," he said, and handed me a beautiful black-crystal ball.

"Whenever you need me or want to see me, this crystal ball will be your link to me," said Mozenrath.

I nodded my head in response to what he had said, and tears flowed. Mozenrath and I hugged for the last time. Then the eel and he disappeared through my mirror

Now that I truly knew what the lord of the Black Sands was like, I could write stories about him to the best of my ability.

"Thank-you, Mozenrath for the inspiration you have given me," I whispered softly.

THE END