Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Of Lost Dreams by Makkura
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Makkura regained control of her legs and attempted to follow but the door slammed in her face, a light emanated from the seams sealing her in. After struggling vainly at the handles she stepped back, frustrated, and blasted it with a ball of Blue-black flames. Inspecting the door she found that not so much as a splinter was out of place, her father's magic was far too strong, with lack of a better idea she continued pulling on the door handles.

Mozenrath knew better than to struggle for any other reason than in an attempt to keep as many of his ebony curls intact as possible as Destane pulled him through the corridors of the citadel. Soon, Mozenrath recognized the path, from Makkura's room to the dungeon.

Before long they arrived and Destane shoved him into one of the cells. Mozenrath hit the back wall hard and had to steady himself against it. "Just you wait ..." he thought "soon..." his thoughts stopped there as a blast hit his back and the dark of unconsciousness pulled him to the floor.

He awoke, something telling him many hours had passed as he pulled himself up off the packed dirt floor.

He could feel blood sliding down his sides and seeping into the top of his pants. His back felt cold and numb.

As he left the dungeon and slowly ascended the twisting stairs, again leaning on the wall for support, he wondered fuzzily why Destane hadn't simply killed him.

An eternity passed but he made it to his room. Entering and heading for his bed he stopped at his reflection in the nearby full-length mirror. Dirt from the dungeon floor dusted his pale skin, a few trickles of dried blood had snaked around from his back, giving him blood red tiger stripes. He turned so his back faced the mirror, bracing himself to look, he hoped the injury was not as bad as it had begun to hurt, he turned his head and cringed. The wound was not fatal but would certainly hurt for a long time. Casting a healing spell to stop any further bleeding he let himself drop onto his bed and quickly fell asleep.

***

After a mere four days Destane had allowed Mozenrath to continue with his studies, much to Mozenrath's shock and surprise "But then mommy dearest probably had a say in that decision" he thought bitterly.

He could not concentrate on the spell book in front of him, he had only seen Makkura once since she was locked in her room, she had been walking down a hall and passed by the open door of the room he was in and he had thought better than to catch up to her. She was most likely avoiding him and he had to admit he had been avoiding her, as well as Destane.

He tried again to concentrate on the book.

"What if Destane knew.... No he couldn't have known that we planed to take over... he would have killed us... or at least me...no, her... if he had known." he thought, the book becoming nothing again.

Shouting broke his train of thought, they were yelling at each other, again, but this time sounded worse then ever before. He pulled himself out from the chair despite the stinging protest that emanated from his back. He was in the hall as Makkura's voice became shrill and Destane's became deeper, louder, and very angry. Working his way to the room they were in, the yelling suddenly stopped, Mozenrath sensed magic.

He reached the doors and threw them open, Makkura floated slightly off the ground, two crackling balls of energy at her temples, paralyzed by Destane. Mozenrath stood in the doorway unnoticed and wide eyed. Under immense visible strain Destane lifted his other hand causing a rippling black portal to open behind Makkura.

Makkura forced her eyes open "NO!" her voice high and worried. "MOZENRATH!" she screamed desperately as the portal swallowed her.

Mozenrath rushed forward vainly, only to be thrown back magically to the wall. Before Destane could attack again he dived behind one of the pillars that circled the room. Destane stood where he was, waiting for Mozenrath to emerge. Behind the pillar Mozenrath slid down as low as he could and straitened his gauntlet on his hand. Staying low he slid out and sent a furry of blue-black flames straight toward his mentor...