Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
A Whole New World For You and Me by Evi
[Reviews - 5] Printer

- Text Size +
A WHOLE NEW WORLD FOR YOU AND ME

The Genie disappeared in the sky.... he looked happy, more than happy... he was free at last, after all those years... thousands of years of servitude. And it took only a few words to give him what he had wished for an eternity: his freedom. Aladdin had this sense of happiness inside his heart as well. He kept his promise. He felt well. He was feeling a whole new man growing inside him, a worthy man. He was so happy watching the Genie going into his new life that for a moment he totally forgot about his own whole new life.

He looked at the woman who was standing there, by his side, holding his hand and still looking at the sky. Aladdin smiled and held her hand tighter. Jasmine looked at him and smiled radiantly. He leaned and placed a kiss on her hand. They both were completely overwhelmed with the feeling of joy and bliss inside their hearts.

The Sultan smiled and nodded. He knew that his daughter and Aladdin needed some private time so he motioned the rest of the group inside the palace. Abu and Rajah didn't look happy to leave but Carpet took Abu and the Sultan did the same with Rajah. They left the lovebirds alone. Aladdin and Jasmine were so lost in each other's eyes that they didn't even notice that they were all alone in the balcony.

Aladdin was dying to kiss her again, but before he could do that he needed to talk to her, to explain to her, to let her know who he really was, for real. This time he had no fear, this time he wouldn't lie to her... he wouldn't lie to her ever again. He was lost in his thoughts when Jasmine caressed his face with her soft hand. He looked at her once again and she spoke sweetly:

"What's wrong Aladdin? Are you all right?" she looked worried. "You aren't hurt, are you? I mean, after that fight and all..."

"No," he interrupted her gently. "I'm fine, really.... well, just a few bruises here and there but nothing to worry about, I assure you.... I'm fine...." he managed to smile but he lowered his eyes.

"Aladdin...." Jasmine put her hand on his chin to lift his face so she could look into his eyes. "Are those... tears?  Aladdin... are you crying? Are you hurt?" she said softly but with a note of fear in her voice.

Aladdin shook his head and with his hand brushed away the tear that was running down his face. Then he smiled lovingly at her and spoke with a low voice:

"It's all right Jasmine.... I'm fine. It's just.... well.... this is the first time in my life that someone has asked me if I'm fine... this is the first time in my life that someone cares for me.... this is the first time someone.... " He lowered his eyes once again and couldn't end the sentence.

"Oh Aladdin...." Jasmine hugged him with love, "From now on, my love, I am going to take care of you.... forever.... you will never be alone again Aladdin.... now you have me and everything will be fine... now we have each other.... Aladdin I love you...."

"My princess," he whispered almost for himself holding her close to him. "I love you too Jasmine.... and know this, I will be here for you forever.... I won't let you down.... ever...."

Jasmine broke the embrace, smiling and trying to hold her own tears of happiness. She looked deep into his eyes: "I know.... and I trust you Aladdin.... with all my heart and soul...."

By saying this she leaned closer to kiss him but he stepped back. Jasmine looked concerned about it. Aladdin sighed and spoke:

"Not yet Jasmine.... I need to explain to you..."

"You don't have to explain anything to me, Aladdin... I understand.... I know why you did..." she half smiled. "Even if I have to admit that you really know how to impress a girl... I mean, with the Genie and everything.... who knew?"

"Yeah." He smiled running his hand through his hair. "It was a little too much, wasn't it?  The Genie was very excited about the whole thing... when I told him that I was going to free him he tried to do his best for me... that entrance through the streets of Agrabah was something.... fabulous...."

"It was, it really was.... I was impressed but I couldn't admit it....for me Prince Ali was nothing but another annoying and self-absorbed prince.... and then Prince Ali turned to be so charming and so lovely.....but I think you are more wonderful just being yourself than acting like Prince Ali... "

Aladdin looked at her, shame in his eyes. He started to talk, he wanted to explain things to her. He was talking so fast:

"That's what I want to talk about Jasmine.... since the first time I saw you I did fall in love with you... but when I realized that you were the Princess I... I just... well.... Jafar tricked me but the only thing I could think about was you and the only way I had to get close to you was if I-- Oh Jasmine... I know I did everything wrong... but I had no other way.... I am a fool. I made a mess of everything. And then the Prince Ali and the way I was acting... he was not me... but I was so scared... I didn't want to lose you, and I was so afraid and then all things went wrong and...."

"I know...." she told him placing her finger on his lips gently. "No need for explanations. Aladdin I love you... that's all that counts....I understand your behavior.... I can't blame you. I think I should be proud to know that you took so much trouble for me... but that doesn't matter anymore... the only thing that matters to me is that I loved you from the first moment I saw you...."

"You did?" asked Aladdin doubtfully.

"Yes I did... you are so real... you are so nice, so sweet...." she smiling flirting. "Not to mention handsome...."

Aladdin blushed and he almost smiled, but instead he said: "But Jasmine, how could you see through me? I am just a streetrat."

"You are NOT a streetrat..." She said holding his hands and looking deep into his eyes and with a low voice she finished. "You are the man I love."

"Oh Jasmine....  How can you love me?"

"You saved my life... you gave me your friendship, your support, your help... your unconditional love. How couldn't I love you? You were the first man who looked at me for who I was.... not a princess but a woman... you weren't thinking about thrones or titles.... you were concerned about me and about my life... and when Jafar told me that you were dead.... " Her voice cracked. "No... I couldn't resist it...I was so sad.... in that moment I understood what you meant to me, Aladdin.... it's strange because we had only been with each other for a little time but.... this was meant to be somehow.... and now here we are... that's all that matters now.... "

Aladdin looked into her eyes. He could see the love shinning there. And he was sure that he had the same look in his own eyes. He sighed and holding her hands to his chest he asked looking into her eyes:

"Can you forgive me, Jasmine, for all my lies?"

"I have nothing to forgive you about."  She said sincerely getting closer to him.

They embraced each other again. He held her close to him. It was a wonderful feeling. They understood that they were forever safe in that embrace. Aladdin never knew what love was like until he met her. And she never knew what happiness was like until she met him. Now they both knew without questions that life would be wonderful from now on just because they had each other. They embraced for a long time. They didn't say anything. In moments like that, when the hearts are speaking, no words are needed. Finally she whispered into his ear:

"Promise me, Aladdin... promise me that we'll be together forever...."

"Forever my Princess.... forever.... it's a promise...." He whispered.

"Do you have any idea of what you have done for me, Aladdin? You didn't only free the Genie... you just freed me too...."

"And you just caught me, my love.... you conquered me. I'm yours forever..."

They broke the embrace. The sunset was painting them with the colors of the dying sun. They stared at the colorful spectacle for a long moment, Jasmine resting her head on Aladdin's shoulders. They could see the beautiful city below them and the golden desert in the horizon. It was a beautiful view. After a moment Aladdin looked at his Princess and smiled.

"Thank you Jasmine..."

"For what?"

"For being here for me... for your unconditional love.... for your understanding..... I know I'm not alone anymore.... thank you for this chance you are giving to me..."

"Oh Aladdin--"

They both embraced again. Aladdin pulled her close to him, he wanted to feel her real, there, with him... that was a totally unknown sense of safety, of belonging.... something Aladdin had never felt before. Jasmine was feeling so warm and so loved. They didn't want to let go of each other... they wanted to stay like that forever, in each other's arms, their hearts beating together.

"I love you Jasmine... I'm yours forever..." He whispered in her ear desperately, he wanted to let her know how much he loved her but he didn't find another way to express his love to her, the word "love" was so little for all he was feeling inside his heart at that moment. How could he express in words what he was feeling at the moment?

After a moment Aladdin let her go. They looked into each other's eyes and smiled. Aladdin bowed before her and held out his hand: "My lovely Princess, would you honor me with your company tonight? I would like to take you to see the world... I'd like to show you the wonders of the Earth."

Jasmine put her hand in Aladdin's. "The only thing I need to see is you, my handsome prince.... but I accept... I'd love to go with you on a magic carpet ride tonight.... we still have a lot of things to talk about.... and I want to hear your tale about how did you got the magic lamp and everything...."

"Of course."  He smiled. "We can talk the whole night if you wish."

"Not the whole night." She said smiling mysteriously. "We have other important things to do, my Prince," she said playfully.

"Like what?" Aladdin asked naively.

"Like this...."

By saying that Jasmine took Aladdin's face in her hands and slowly kissed his lips. That kiss took him by surprise, but he was very happy about it. He had been dreaming for that kiss since the night before, after they kissed in the balcony. Aladdin closed his arms around her waist and her back and got lost in that kiss. She put her arms around Aladdin's neck and for a long moment they shared a long and passionate kiss. When they separated they both sighed contently and smiled.

Their faces were glowing even if it was almost dark. They wanted to go out on that carpet ride as soon as possible. They were staring at each other's eyes when a palace servant entered the balcony to inform them that the Sultan was preparing a colorful spectacle of fireworks to honor the royal engagement. They both smiled and Jasmine suggested to go to get ready for the celebration and for the carpet ride. But Aladdin had other plans, for he wouldn't leave the balcony without another kiss. Not that Jasmine was going to complain about it. They kissed once again. They knew that was the beginning, the first day of the rest of their lives. When they broke the kiss, they smiled warmly at each other. Jasmine held out her hand for his and smiling she lead him into the palace. But before they entered, Jasmine turned to Aladdin and looking him directly in the eyes, she said caressing Aladdin's face:

"Aladdin, know this, from now on you are my fiance and they must respect you for who you are. You are not a street rat anymore. You never were one. You are the man I love, the man who will share my life from now on. To the world, you were just a poor boy. But to me, you are the whole world."

"I love you, Princess Jasmine." Was all that Aladdin was able to say. "I love the Princess as much as I love the woman. And I'll do my best to be the man you deserve."

"You already are the man of my dreams."

They smiled. The love, the happiness and the excitement they both were feeling were too big to put them into words. But the look in their eyes spoke for them. They were still lost in each other's eyes when the first firework exploded, illuminating the desert night with a colorful gleam of color. Aladdin and Jasmine looked at the sky and then at each other. They smiled, knowing that they were feeling in their hearts the same joy and happiness that the fireworks were reflecting in the sky.

Jasmine leaded Aladdin inside the palace. It was time to get ready for their ride. Not only the magic carpet ride they had planned for that night, but for the ride they would share forever. The excitement to know they had a new world to discover and a new life to share. The adventure of living their lives together.

"A Whole New World, a Whole New Life, for You and Me."

Eva Luz Villalon TurrubiatesMarch 17, 1999.