Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
I Wish... by Mica West
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
I Wish.... Eva parked her car outside the large house at the end of the block. She had driven out all the way from Ottawa to get here for this day. Coming up behind her, Cyndi drove up, and the two friends greeted each other warmly. "Cyndi?" Eva asked her. Cyndi nodded happily, brushing her brown hair out of her eyes, and smiling. "That's me, Eva right?" The two walked up to the front porch, and the door flew open. Mica and Jessica stood at the door, and Eva along with Jessica was ushered into the house. As soon as they were inside, a crowd greeted them. The house was packed with the Aladdin Mailing List members that had agreed to show up for Jessica's birthday party, which also happened to be a first time meet for all the members. They greeted each other, and stroke up conversations like they had known each other their whole lives.

The group included Michelle a long time member, Mica, Eva, Jessica the birthday girl, and the one who had suggested the get-together, Cyndi, Sedeara, Susan, Jill, and Lisa.

The party was great, and the presents were passed around quickly. Not surprisingly, each was Aladdin related. They watched re-runs of episodes, talked amongst themselves, and all around enjoyed the party. Then it came time to cut the cake. The members seated themselves at the table and the cake was placed in front of Jessie. "Go on, make a wish," Cyndi said smiling. Jessica thought for a moment, then closed her eyes. At that moment, a thought struck each of the members, and they all joined Jessica in her silent wish, their minds and hearts open to the one thing that they were wishing for they each whispered out their pleas. "I wish..." Jessica whispered.

She never finished, a nauseous feeling overcame them all, and a dizziness collided with Jessica's mind. The room began to spin, and began to fall apart like a jigsaw puzzle. Beams of electrical energy coursed through the wreckage, which seemed to be flying in a tornado-like motion around them. "What's going on?" Mica screamed, her voice unnaturally high, due to her fear. Screams erupted in the room. "What's happening, I feel like I'm stuck in an X-File!" Cyndi cried, her long hair flying across her eyes. Evi backed up and collided with Lisa, who had joined into the group of screams. A darkness settled in, and one by one, the members collapsed...onto the dry sands of a desert.

Lisa woke up first, and placed the palm of her hand against her aching head. She groaned, her mind throbbing, and slowly got up. She took a look at her surroundings, and her fear turned to wonder. As she gazed beyond the dunes of sand, she could make out the walls of a palace. The environment was strange. It felt real, and yet as Lisa looked down at herself...."I'M A CARTOON!" She screamed, backing up, she tripped over Sedeara and fell onto the sand. "OW, what's going on?" Sedeara opened her eyes immediately, and her gaze froze when she saw Lisa. "Lisa...you look...bright!" She then took out a small mirror, which she kept in her pocket, and looked at herself. "Oh man....so do I."

One by one, the members awakened, and one by one, they realized what had happened, and how they had been affected. "We're in a cartoon world, we're cartoons!" Mica muttered after everyone had settled down. Cyndi looked just as astounded. "What could have caused this to happen...." Mica shrugged. "I don't know, but I just realized something!" She said, her voice rising once more, this time to an exited tone. The group looked at her curiously. Mica smiled, "what have we wanted for such a long time...we finally have it!" Jessica understood at once. "Of course, hey what are we afraid of? We're in Aladdin, so let's stop wasting time frying out here and let's go check out Agrabah!" The members came to terms with what had happened, and excitement broke out among them, cheers and laughter ringing out.

The group headed towards Agrabah. They walked for twenty minutes before taking another break. Jessica sat at the edge of a huge sand ravine and everyone else joined her, and waited. Suddenly, a shadow passed over them, and as Eva looked up, she could hardly contain her excitement. "Aladdin!" Flying over them, was a magic carpet, with none other than the handsome hero atop it. He was flying full force out of the ravine. Their backs turned, the group didn't notice the huge mechanical bug come out of the ravine slowly, and only until it had risen to it's full height, did Cyndi slowly turn around. She stared at it in shock, sputtering. "Uh guys..." They turned around to come face to face with a metallic monster, their eyes wide open. "Out of curiosity..." Cyndi began. "Are we gonna die?"

The group erupted in a chorus of screams, and as Aladdin heard them, he veered carpet back towards the ravine. "Faster carpet!" He cried in desperation. The girls ran off in different directions, and Mica, Jill, and Cyndi were trapped by the bug at the ravine. Before Aladdin could reach either of them, a giant claw extended out of the bug, and grabbed all three girls, pulling them into the contraption. "Oh man, I don't wanna DIIIIIIIIEEEE!!!!" Mica screamed. She had never imagined that a cartoon would look so scary up close. The two were pulled in, and the hatch that had opened up to pull them in, closed just as suddenly.

Meanwhile, Sedeara ran as fast as she could, gasping for breath. Suddenly, she fell right through the sand, into a dark tunnel, and slid into a small passage way, lit my torches. She rose to her feet slowly, looking about. The tunnel led to a light that was possibly some sort of chamber, but Sedeara wasn't too desperate to find out. Cautiously, she neared the entrance. The inside was lit by more torches, and she suddenly realized where she was. "I'm in Sadira's place." She was, because before her lay the necklace containing the red gem that had given Sadira the witch of the sand, her power. "But where is she?" Sedeara wondered. Never the less, Sedeara picked up the gem and placed it around her neck. Instantly, it began to glow a brighter red, and Sedeara felt a great power enter her body. Walking slowly, she reached a book that lay face up on a pedestal. It had no title, but was clad in an old black leather-type material. Opening it up, Sedeara coughed as a small bit of dust flew up to her face from the inside. "This is one old book," she muttered. Flipping the pages, she began to read, and soon realized that this was no ordinary book. It contained various sand spells, the very spells that had given the witches of the sand their powers. "all right..." she stated.

Evi, Susan, Michelle, and Jessica watched as the other members were carried off, or disappeared through the sands of the vast desert. Aladdin flew up to them. "Get up on the carpet, don't be afraid," he said to them in a gentle manner. Without saying a word, the rest of the group managed to pile themselves up on the magical flying carpet. As it lifted off the floor, the clung to it, and Aladdin desperately. "We're gonna fall off," Susan cried, as the carpet wobbled through the air. "Are you sure the carpet can take all of us Aladdin?" Jessica asked, her voice nervous. It wouldn't be very painful falling, mainly because there was so much sand below them, but it would still be pretty frightening. "Don't worry! Carpet's been through tougher scrapes then this, haven't you carpet?" Aladdin asked in a calm voice. But the girls could see that Aladdin was getting edgy, and that was definitely not a good thing.

Meanwhile, Cyndi, Jill, and Mica were being held prisoner in the giant mechanical bug. Jill glanced at Mica, who was checking their surroundings. They were in a room, with a single huge glass window. The window was made out of a green glass, and it was obvious that they were in the main part of the bug. Unfortunately, they were tapped in the center of the room, by an army of tiny mechanicles bugs that surrounded them on all sides. "Two to one guess about who's gonna waltz in here soon!" Jill muttered. "Is it that obvious?" Cyndi sighed in a boring way. In truth, none of them were really scared of the Greek psychopath that passed himself off as a genius. They were just scared of the things he built. "So...." Mica began. "What?" Jill asked. "What do we do now?" Mica finished off. Cyndi looked down at the bugs. "Anyone got any extra-strength bug spray?" She asked.

Sedeara walked through the caverns, the necklace now hanging from her neck. She had no clue about what she was going to do. "Maybe I should test this thing out," she said to herself. She remembered that the original Sadira had simply made a movement with her hands, and the sand had bent to her will. Mimicking the movements, Sedeara raised her hands above her, and made a parting motion. Miraculously, the sandy ceiling above her began to shift, and clumps of sand fell beside her feet. The ceiling parted, and she could now see the clear Arabian sky. "Oookay..." She breathed, slightly relieved. For a terrifying moment, she had thought that the entire cave would fall on her. She lowered her hands, and pointed towards the floor. Then with a sweeping motion, she brought them up quickly. Suddenly, she was rocketing upward, towards the surface. The sand lifted her out of the caverns, and soon she stood in the desert. She noticed that she was alone. Aladdin and her friends were gone. The gigantic mechanical bug had also gone, and the winds of the desert had covered it's tracks. Casting a look towards the peaks of Agrabah, Sedeara made another motion with her hands, and soon, she was riding the sands to Agrabah.

Aladdin and the group bunched together of the carpet made it to the palace. Aladdin set them down on Jasmine's balcony, who came on when she saw them dismount. "Aladdin? Who are your friends?" She asked, as she smiled at Michelle, Jessica, Lisa, and Susan. "Uh...they were near the place that Mechanicles hid one of his machines. I think there were more of them, is that right?" He turned towards Lisa. She nodded. "There were nine of us! Mica, Jill and Cyndi were caught by Mechanicles, and we don't know where Sedeara is..." She trailed off sadly. "Don't worry!" Jasmine said in a reassuring voice. "We'll find them!" Aladdin nodded in agreement. "That's right! You just stay here with Jasmine, Genie and I will go get them!" He spoke as he rubbed the brass lamp that Jasmine handed him. In a second, the blue Genie they all knew too well popped out. "Hey Al! So what will it be today? Rescuing a village from a monster, hunting for treasure, waking up evil demons?" The Genie hopped about, then he noticed the girls. "Oooh, hello! When did you get here?" He asked. Lisa looked him over, and then spoke slowly. "Uh...Aladdin saved us in the desert," she answered him. Genie shot her a dazzling smile, which made the group back up slowly. "I didn't realize how weird he was before this," Michelle whispered to Jessica, who nodded in agreement.

"How long do we have to stand here?" Mica muttered, taking another look at the bugs on the floor. "Till Mechanicles decides to show up...." Cyndi was cut short as the pencil thin, Greek, insane, and obsessive inventor came into the room, carrying a bunch of metallic spare parts under one arm, and a scroll in the other. Ignoring them completely, he went over to a spotless shelf, and set all the things down on it. He was so precise, that Cyndi couldn't take it. "Why don't you arrange them by alphabetical order while your at it!" She snapped at him. He turned around, and eyed them through the glass on his right eye. Taking it off slowly, he polished it with the end of his tunic, then placed it back on. "I am Mechanicles, the greatest of the great Greek inventors, and you are...?" He asked, as he hadn't heard Cyndi's comment at all. The group winced, not particularly favouring his high, squeaky voice. "I'm Mica, this is Cyndi, and Jill!" Mica said flatly. "Now would you mind calling of you mini-imperial army?" She asked him. Mechanicles simply stood there, looking at them in a bored manner. Jill leaned over to Cyndi. "You hold him, I'll punch!" Cyndi looked amazed. "What? And deprive me off the fun part?" She whispered back. The two started laughing. Mica rolled her eyes. "This is not helping..." She muttered to them, as she noticed Mechanicles looking slightly peeved. His hands were clenched at his sides, his shoulder raised like a cat's, and he was growling. "That reminds me of a scene from I Never Mechanism I Didn't Like!" Cyndi said to Mica, who nodded in agreement. Mica glanced back at Mechanicles, who was pulling at his pigtails and was turning red. "Yeah, super-villainy at it's finest!" She muttered, loud enough for him to hear. Seeing that he didn't call off his bugs, Cyndi shrugged. "all right, that's it! Since he won't call em' off, when I say so, start stomping!" Mica and Jill raised there feet above the bugs. "Kay'," they both said at the same time. Mechanicles screeched. "NOOOOO! Don't hurt my little babies, I'll call them off!" Mica and Jill lowered there feet back down to the ground. "Much better," Cyndi said smiling.