Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Where are you now? by Michelle Bowen
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
Where are you now?By Michelle Bowen

A heart inspired by song...A song inspired by a heart... Sometimes fear can be our greatest asset... And sometimes it can be our greatest enemy...We hide ourselves deeply within ourselves...So that others may not find out who we are... What we want... And what we fear most...

The evening hours of the day were muggy and hot, causing most of the merchants to close early. Yesenia was just finishing her walk that she had taken. It was now ten years since her very best friend had left her life, leaving her behind with a very broken heart. She smiled sadly as she remembered her time with Bahiyah.

(Flashback of Friendship)

“You're stupid, you can't do anything” the little boy said sneering at Yesenia. Anger welled in her chest and her eyes sparked with anger. She was always being put down by others. Her heart ached from the sorrow of the loneliness that she felt. Often at night she would cry herself to sleep, her parents she made sure they never heard her.“I can too,” the five year old said defending herself, she remained in a stance of defense. Her hands were balled up into fists and sat stiffly by her sides.“Freak” someone called out from the crowed at her. The children seemed to enjoy this torture they seemed to put her through.“Shut up,” she growled as tears began to spill down her face. Slowly they made their way down her small chubby face. Something happened the child she had spoken to, something new. His mouth sealed off and he began to panic. Yesenia’s jaw dropped open even though she had been crying a minute earlier. Her astonishment showed clearly. Gathering her five year old determination she moved towards the boy.Through gritted teeth she muttered clearly and forcefully, “I can!”The children looked at her in horror and the one nearest the young boy that the spell had been cast on began to cry.“She is evil, she is awful, I hate her” the child crowed with fear and hatred showing up clearly in her voice. Yesenia stepped back, “I didn't mean to” she said whining a bit, her face still held the angry look.“Did too,” the boy said taunting her some more, he was larger than her and older. Clearly he was a bully, she knew she wasn't supposed to fight but she couldn't contain her anger. With a shriek she jumped at the boy, her fists flying. She managed a few hits upon him before an adult noticed the ruckus.“Children, what's the matter?” the man asked looking around. He noticed the child without a mouth and ran to them. “What kind of sorcery is this?” he bellowed looking around. Yesenia jumped up and backed away from the burly man as fast as she could. Something about him imposed fear upon her small heart. She was not sure whether to run or cry.“She did it, the freak did it” wailed a child, the man looked at Yesenia. “We will have none of your sorcery here” he said seething with anger. Yesenia gulped as fear gripped her heart. She watched the man approach her, her heart pounded harder. “Hey you pick on someone your own size those brats started it” a small girl who was around Yesenia’s age bellowed angrily. The man was taken aback by this girl's fearlessness.She walked over to Yesenia and took her hand, “Follow me” she ordered calmly looking at Yesenia then glaring at the man. “Go back about your business of being a meany” she sneered at him. The two girls dashed off into an alley way, and once they were safely hidden the older girl turned to Yesenia.“My name is Bahiyah, what's yours?” she asked in a friendly tone.“Yesenia” Yesenia said with some difficulty it wasn't every day you were given a name that long.“Well we can be friends and I'll make sure they are nice” Bahiyah said quite clearly for a six year old.

(Flash Forward Where is Bahiyah?)

Yesenia had a wonderful day just being with her friends in Agrabah, basically teaching a few of the children how to do some parlor tricks of magic. As she lay her head on her pillow that night many things rang through her tired brain.“Where was Bahiyah? What had become of her? and Why had she left?” None of these had an answer for her, none of them did anything for her. Even if she wasn't all alone now, she still missed her very first best friend.

Bahiyah watched with contempt as a lean tall man entered the room. She hated him for all that she was worth. The most intolerable man, no wait slime ball she had ever met. He had bought her from the caravan that had abducted her when she was only twelve. Because of his type she had been torn away from his best friend Yesenia. They had made her a slave, a harem girl. Her pride had been lost, she felt so self conscious of the fact. “Bahiyah” the man known as Wakim bellowed suddenly.“Yes sir” she asked through clenched teeth, her eyes glared angrily at him.“Go to the room, I will be up shortly” he said in a bossy uncaring tone that always drove her nuts she wanted to just put her hands around his scrawny throat and just squeeze. Without saying a word she did as she was told, the feeling of wanting to cry filled her she hated this whole situation.

(With her Friend, the happier days in life)

“Yesenia do you think we lost him?” she asked laughing as she ran. They had pulled a prank on one of the adults that was known for his cruelty.“I can't believe you did that Bahiyah” Yesenia said in mock horror, both of the girls began to giggle after entering an alley way. They had known each other for three years now, both of them getting into a lot of mischief.“But you've done worse” Bahiyah said pretending to pout.The two friends gave each other a five, “You know we will always be friends,” Yesenia said hugging her best friend, “No matter what.”

(Present Broken Dreams)

Bahiyah lay in her bed that night, thinking about her time with Yesenia right now that was what seemed to keep her alive. She reached under her pillow and pulled out a head band that Yesenia had given her. They had been like sisters so Yesenia had given her this headband after her mother made one for her and one for Bahiyah. Her fingers closed tightly around the headband, and a tear fell down one of her cheeks. She reached up with her free hand and wiped it away, blinking a couple of times and trying to fight to keep from crying.

“Bahiyah, where are you?” Yesenia called out to her friend, for some reason she was out on a sand dune all alone in the dark cold night. “Please come back” she begged in a whispered tone. Tears streamed down her face, her small hands wiped them away as she continued on.“Bahiyah, please come back please” she hollered this time. Suddenly she felt her world begin to shake and started to scream. “Yesenia, wake up your haven't a nightmare” she heard a voice say. When she looked around she couldn't find it, “I know its a nightmare my best friend is gone” she hollered.“No, Yesenia you're just dreaming right now you're having a nightmare,” this time Yesenia jolted awake. “Crystal?” she asked as she opened her eyes, she put her hand on her cheek and felt a tear fall once again. Oh how she felt her heart ache once again, the fact was she didn't know what happened to her friend. It in fact terrified her to think that maybe she had some how failed Bahiyah.“It's okay” Crystal said hugging her sister trying to reassure her that everything was fine. Yesenia smiled and hugged her sister back, “Thanks Crystal” she said weakly. For some reason Yesenia had never told Merkal about her friend for the fact being she was very unsure of how to say it. It hurt her every time she talked about what was unknown. The mystery of Bahiyah had haunted her for so long, but she had hidden it from as many people as she could. Some how managing to keep it from her boyfriend Merkal, he knew her well but what he didn't know she knew and had to live with.“Do you want to talk about this?” Crystal asked her sister after breaking the hug.“I'm here to listen to you” she said wiping a few of the stray strands of hair from her sister's face.“Not right now I will in a few minutes I just need time to think” Yesenia murmured. Crystal nodded and headed out of her sisters room and into her own. She got herself dressed in her favorite outfit, it was a blue small top basically like Jasmine’s with blue pants and a gold colored belt.“I'll be in the kitchen” she hollered to Yesenia as she made her way towards the other end of their house.

Yesenia had barely heard what her sister said her heart and mind were else where dealing with this question that plagued her for so long. How could someone just disappear from her life, into thin air it seemed. Leaving behind a whole family that cared and friends that missed her intensely. Had she left on her own accord or been kidnapped, or worse? Yesenia asked herself these things wishing for an answer to come.

(Memories of Grief)

“Mandian where is Bahiyah?” Yesenia asked her best friend's mother.“I thought she was with you dear” Mandian said smiling gently at the small girl, “I guess she went for a ride. She thought she might do that instead, but I thought you two would go together that's all” she said trying to reassure Yesenia.Yesenia nodded and left, “I'll find her” she hollered to Mandian. She ran up to the stables and took out their mare Desert Rose, “We gotta find her she is probably hiding” Yesenia said with a laugh while she got the mare ready.“Mom, Dad, I'm going to go on a ride” she hollered as the horse walked by the house.“Be back before dark” Aisha said to her daughter, “Your only eleven you can't be out later than sunset” she said sternly after receiving a look from her daughter that said I'm a big girl.“Yes mom,” Yesenia said with a laugh, she lightly kicked the mare. It took her only a half hour to get outside of the city, she knew where Bahiyah liked to go. They went there all the time together, it was a small oasis near their town. A few trees and a small pool of water was all it was but still it was pretty.“Bahiya...h..” Yesenia’s voice died in her throat tied to a tree was Bahiyah’s horse, but there was no sign of her friend none at all. She dismounted and tied her horse near Bahiyah’s horse.“Bahiyah you better come out here, where are you hiding?” she asked trying to play along.“Fine I'll just sit here and wait” she said and sat down by the pool of water. Pretending to have given up on the search for Bahiyah. But after about an hour of waiting Yesenia realized that something was very, very wrong.“Bahiyah this isn't funny not at all where are you” she cried out in desperation. The next hour was spent searching for her friend desperately hoping that she had fallen asleep.“Desert Flower, Star, we've got to get help” Yesenia said as she mounted her mare, tears flowing down her cheeks. “I can't find Bahiyah” she cried sadly, the mare took her and Bahiyah’s horse back to her house.

When Aisha looked out the window to see night falling and having seen no sign of her daughter she began to worry. But then her eyes fell upon the figure of her daughter slouched over on Desert Flower’s back. “Abdul” she cried out and ran out of the house. Crystal and Abdul followed her quickly, she reached up and touched her daughters shoulder. Wails lifted from Yesenia’s lips, her body was wracked with sobs.“I...can't......find...Ba..hiyah” she cried at last, Aisha looked at Abdul worry clearly evident on her face.“Go get Mandian and her family, now” she said to Abdul, he nodded and ran.“Yesenia let's get you off of this horse” Aisha said calmly trying to keep the fear from welling up in her heart.“It's going to be just fine we will find her,” Aisha said to her daughter once she had gotten her off the horse. Crystal walked closely behind remaining quiet, she didn't know what to say. The next few days and weeks had been spent in searching for Bahiyah, and only to have no sign of her show up. Yesenia’s heart had been broken, and she spent her days staying inside or visiting the oasis that she and Bahiyah loved so much.

(Let the tears flow)

Merkal knocked on the door of Yesenia’s and Crystal’s home, he had decided to stop by before he opened his stand. Crystal opened the door and smiled at Merkal, but he could tell something was bothering her.“Is everything all right?” he asked worriedly, “Is Yesenia okay what's wrong?” He felt very frantic for a few seconds, “Nothings wrong in the health sense” Crystal mumbled.“Why don't you come in and I'll tell you but only if Yesenia wants me to” she said, Merkal looked at her strangely.“What do you mean?” he asked, walking quickly behind Crystal.“Sit down there I'll be right back I'll get you some water” Crystal said calmly. Merkal did as he was told but continued to tap his left foot impatiently. Crystal finally entered the room again after what felt like an hour but was only a few minutes. Crystal handed him the glass of water and sat down nearby.“It's something from Yesenia’s past, something she never could quite tell you. But it was because it was too painful for her to do” Crystal added quickly hoping that Merkal understood.Merkal looked at her anxiously, “What tell me please” he asked looking her in the eyes. “Merkal, I don't know if I have the right to, or whether or not it's right for Yesenia to do that” Crystal said hesitating. Merkal nodded in acknowledgment, suddenly they heard some of Yesenia’s pitiful wails of sorrow.“Yesenia!” Merkal said jumping up and running to where her room was.“Yesenia are you okay” he asked as he reached her. He took her into his arms and held her as she cried, he rubbed her back softly trying to calm her down. Crystal walked slowly into the room, then sat on the bed. Yesenia’s sobbing slowly subsided, but she remained in Merkal’s arms.“I'm okay” Yesenia whispered finally breaking the silence.“I guess its time you knew” Yesenia replied before anyone could say anything to her.“When I was five years old I met a girl who became my best friend her name is Bahiyah. We got along well and were as close as sisters, but one day she went out into the desert alone. To our oasis, I went to find...h..e.r but she wasn't there. Her horse was tied to a tree and there was no sign. I...tried to find her and I looked for her for an hour all by myself. When I...when I couldn't find her I rode Desert Flower as fast as I could to get home I brought her horse with me. But we never.......we never found her” Yesenia said with much difficulty. Merkal was speechless he didn't know what to say. Crystal placed her hand on Yesenia’s shoulder gently, trying to help her keep from crying again. “It was ten years ago last night, this was ten years ago my first day in grief for the loss of Bahiyah” Yesenia’s voice was choked but she didn't cry.

Bahiyah’s day was going rather rough but as well as could be expected considering her situation. She had placed Yesenia’s head band on her head today wearing her hair loose. She tried to appear happy but it just didn't seem to work out to be that easy for her.“Bahiyah are you okay?” one of the other harem girls asked her worriedly. The girl's name was Jinan, she had befriended Bahiyah when she was fifteen.“I'm okay” Bahiyah lied, but she knew Jinan could see right through her. Almost like Yesenia used to be able to do, “You just miss Yesenia” Jinan said.Bahiyah nodded, “yes I miss her very much” she said quietly hoping that Wakim wouldn't hear her. He was always getting angry with her for thinking about her real life not her slavery in his palace. He had even threatened to go get Yesenia once if she didn't stop talking about her that was when she first came here though.“You know what I would do to Wakim if I could?” Jinan asked giving an evil grin. “What?” Bahiyah asked in her mind thinking, strangle him and run for it.“I would throw him into a wall and have a hundred elephants stampede over him” she said grinning even more.“Well, that's more original than mine,” Bahiyah could almost picture Wakim’s face. “You know what Yesenia and I were going to do when we grew up?” Bahiyah asked her friend. “Um I remember you two were going to travel see as much of the world as you could.”Bahiyah nodded, “Yeah, the plan was not to get stuck in a pervert's palace and become a harem girl” she said bluntly. Jinan giggled for a minute, “Well I doubt any of us had that planned” she said getting serious again.

(Special Present, With Love)

“Bahiyah, I have something for you” Yesenia said running into her friend's house. “But you have to come with me” she added quickly. Both girls rode their horses to the oasis, their special place. Once there they dismounted and quickly tied their horses to the same tree.“What is it?” Bahiyah asked finally curiosity getting the best of her.“A special thing that will represent our friendship, forever” Yesenia said happiness was clearly evident in her eyes. She handed a small bundle to Bahiyah, “Open it!” she urged. Bahiyah tore into the package, and her eyes fell upon a beautiful but simple head band. “My mom made it, I put a spell on it though” Yesenia added quickly.“This headband will grow with you as will mine” Yesenia said unwrapping her head band. It will always change color to fit the outfit you wear. “It's wonderful” Bahiyah said smiling happily then placing the head band on her head. Yesenia followed suit, “We will always be friends for ever and we will travel the seven deserts having the most fun and wonderful adventures of all” she said smiling triumphantly.

(Sigh)

Merkal had decided that his stand could stay closed for the day he was needed by Yesenia. She was very upset all that day, he had never seen her this way and it hurt him to. He wanted to make her feel better but couldn't so he just stayed with her. Crystal was there the whole time next to them. That night as he walked home he prayed silently, “Allah please help her to find Bahiyah so she can once again be happy” he sighed.

That night Yesenia drifted off to sleep, slightly troubled by thoughts of the mystery of Bahiyah. But her dreams were different from the night before, in them she was not alone. Her best friend was right there, and it was clear to Yesenia that she had never left in her dream. But then darkness fell, not a terrible one, her friend suddenly changed. To a beautiful tall slim woman with long sleek black hair that surrounded her face and illuminated its beauty. Her soft blue eyes smiled at Yesenia in a very gentle reassuring way. “Yesenia” her voice came out like that of a morning dove with beauty and serenity.“You don't need to be troubled any more” the woman smiled gently. “You will find Bahiyah one hundred miles west of here” she paused, “In a city known as Alkar” she smiled. “You needn't cry anymore, for justice will be fulfilled for you and Bahiyah. Those who hurt you will pay” the woman began to shimmer slightly her hair blowing around in a gentle breeze that could not be felt by Yesenia. “I promise” she said softly then the light enveloped her and Yesenia was alone in the desert once more.

“Crystal wake up” Yesenia said, shaking her sister lightly.Crystal’s eyes popped open in alarm, “What's wrong?” she asked jumping out of bed. “Nothing, nothing's wrong” Yesenia was smiling from ear to ear, an ecstatic smile that lit the whole room.“We are going to find Bahiyah” she replied before Crystal could say anything. “A woman came to me in my dreams, it was Lelani Jewel, the one who fixes injustices.” Crystal looked at her sister funny, “Yesenia are you okay?” she asked she had never heard of such a woman.“I'm fine, honest please just trust me we are going to Alkar” Yesenia said firmly. Crystal looked at her sister in disbelief, “You want to go to Alkar, you know what's there dirty old men with a bunch of harems that's what Yesenia!” Crystal exclaimed.“I know, but think about it what if she is there please I have to know Crystal” Yesenia was for the first time trying to get her sister’s permission to go there. Crystal sighed, “all right if it means that much to you I will come too” Crystal smiled lovingly at her sister.“But Merkal must go as well or there is no way either of us will go” she added quickly.“Now go on back to bed we will figure it out in the morning” Crystal said smiling happily at least the dream gave Yesenia hope these past few days had been hard on her sister.

(Giggle)

Yesenia pooled water over her friends head, Bahiyah didn't even see it there. She released it and heard her friend squeal, falling to the ground with a scream of mock rage.“Oh Yesenia your going to get it” she screamed grabbing a bucket of water and throwing it at Yesenia. Both girls ended up falling to the ground laughing so hard that they couldn't talk.“You know” Bahiyah said after some time.“What?” Yesenia asked, “Tell me” she demanded.“I can't get over the fact that we actually got away with that last prank we pulled” Bahiyah said leaning against the building. She smiled happily, her eleven year old face a glow with happiness.“Yeah it's surpassing that the prince didn't know who hit him with the water” Yesenia said smirking proudly.“But then again he didn't know who hit him with the apple either” Bahiyah added giving herself some credit.“What was his name again?” Yesenia asked curiously she had forgotten it again. “Wakim, I think” Bahiyah said. The prince was at least eighteen years old and Yasmine was only about thirteen at the time.

(Search Begins)

“Merkal” Yesenia hollered running towards him, he was at his stand that day trying to set it up for the day. Yesenia ran faster towards him and jumped at him, hugging him tightly and knocking him to the ground.“Yesenia” Merkal asked in shock, “Is everything okay?” he asked again quickly dusting himself off after standing up.“Oh sorry” Yesenia said blushing, “I am going to find her” she said seriously but with a smile.“Who?” Merkal asked in confusion, then stopped, “Bahiyah?” he asked. Yesenia nodded vigorously, “I had a dream and she came to me not Bahiyah but Lelani Jewel the Justifier.”Merkal nodded listening carefully, “What did she say?” he asked curious about the dream.“She told me that Bahiyah is in Alkar” Yesenia paused holding her breath and waiting for his reaction. “Alkar!” Merkal exclaimed, “that's...Yesenia that's where they sell women to men as...as...slaves” he said awkwardly.“I know, but that's where she is Merkal that's where Bahiyah is I know it is” she said pleading with him.“Will you come with me and Crystal?” she asked but with a lot of pleading in her eyes. Merkal shrugged, “If you believe she is there then we will find her” he said at last. He quickly shot a look upward that said please let her be safe and sound.“We leave tomorrow,” Yesenia said then grabbed her cape up and was gone from sight teleporting back home. Merkal nodded, even though she wasn't there, “Okay I guess I'll just close early today” he murmured.

The next day they said their good-byes to their parents the next morning.“Merkal you take care of them” Aabad murmured into her sons ear. “It's dangerous for women in Alkar” she added with fear clearly evident in her eyes, voice, and on her face.“I know mom, I promise they will be fine” he smiled at her and hugged her, he was worried about the out come of this journey. “Merkal walked over to his horse and mounted it, it was a small but strong black stallion.

“Yesenia promise me you will not take any unnecessary chances please” Aisha pleaded with her daughter. Worry and even fear was showing on her face much as it was on Abdab’s face.Yesenia hugged her tightly, “I promise, I promise no unnecessary chances” Yesenia whispered. Then turned to her father and hugged him nodding to him to reassure him that she would be careful. Then she turned and mounted Desert Star, she was Desert Flower’s daughter. The white mare shifted around then waited patiently to leave.

Crystal hugged her father tightly, “Just be sure she is careful please it's up to you and Merkal to keep her from losing her head” Abdul said trying to keep from worrying to much. “You remember how she was when Bahiyah first disappeared” he reminded his daughter. Crystal nodded and went to her mother, “I will take care of her I promise” Crystal answered before Aisha could say anything. She turned and mounted her horse, Wild Diamond, the dark brown mare reared slightly and then calmed again. The three turned and trotted off into the desert leaving behind their family.

“Yesenia what's the plan anyway, we can't just walk up and say by the way have you seen Bahiyah” Merkal said seriously looking at her.“I know but I don't have a plan yet don't worry everything will go fine” she said calmly. Determination was clearly written on her face. Crystal nodded at her, “I know we will find her” she said smiling hopefully. “I know we will” Merkal added hoping that was true.

(Dreams Upon the Wind)

“Bahiyah” Yesenia said calmly looking over at her friend who was lying next to her on the roof of her house.“Yes, Yesenia?” Bahiyah asked calmly and smiled at her friend. “Do you think that we will be able to do all that we say?” she asked unsure of their dreams and what might change them.“Of course why not?” Bahiyah asked curiously.“What if something changes?” the eleven year old asked.“Nothing's going to stop us, nothing” Bahiyah said firmly.“I'm glad” Yesenia said reassured by her friends firmness.

(Almost there)

“I have a plan, but you might not like it” Crystal said unsure of what she was about to tell them. Yesenia and Merkal turned and looked at her, “What?” Yesenia asked hopefully.“Well, Yesenia you and I could play the part of newly captured harem girls, and Merkal will be the merchant who is looking to sell us. But only to this person who has Bahiyah” she said seriously. Merkal shook his head, “No way” he started to give a reason.“I'll do it” Yesenia said looking at Merkal, “Please Merkal you have to do this please” she said pleading with him.Merkal shook his head, “all right, but we won't be that obvious I'll ask for the most prosperous, saying how I've caught two girls with magic so they are that much more expensive” Merkal explained to them.Yesenia nodded, “If he isn't a wealthy one then we can go down from there” she said. Hope lifted its face at that moment, they now had a plan. When they finally reached the city they stopped shortly before it, they quickly added 'chains’ to Yesenia’s and Crystal’s hands. The chain lead all the way up to where Merkal sat on his horse. He wore a professional nothing but business look on his face. He entered the city with the two of them behind him, “I have here for sale two girls, but only the highest bidders may even come to this auction” Merkal announced loudly. Quite a few people turned away and left, but a few interested ones came closer.“What will they start out at?” one man asked looking Yesenia and Crystal over.“A lot” Merkal said tensely and with purpose.“How much, almost a year's wages for a rich merchant,” Merkal answered him.The man backed away, “No thanks, there are only a few who can afford that, that would be the sultan’s son the prince, the sultan and a very rich merchant named Azoler” the man offered him.Merkal nodded, “Thank you very much” he stated calmly. Then he tugged on the 'chains’ and forced them forward. Yesenia and Crystal showed complete displeasure.“Well this is where that man back there said that Azoler lives,” Merkal said calmly. He got off of his camel Rafeek, he had brought him along. Quickly he knocked on the door, a servant came to the door, “Yes” they said. “I'd like to speak with Azoler” Merkal said calmly, “I have some girls I'd like to see if he is interested in” he said briskly.The woman nodded, “I will bring him to you” she said and left for a moment, before long a man was following her. He was very nice looking in so as far as looks went.“Yes you said you have two girls?” he asked interested.“May I bring them in to show you, I wish to sell them to only the best person, that is how I work” Merkal said seriously. Yesenia and Crystal were forced off of their horses, and brought inside. Yesenia scowled at the man, distaste clearly showing on her face. Crystal was looking much the same but added fear to it.“Let us go please” Crystal begged Merkal, “Shut up fool” he snapped at her. It was so real that Crystal visibly jumped. Yesenia looked at Merkal and stood up for her sister“She isn't the fool” she snapped putting on the act completely. Merkal looked offended that the two dare even talk to him. “I'd like to meet the rest of your girls, maybe I'll trade these two for two of your harem girls” Merkal offered.“Very well, bring them out” he said to the servant who answered the door. She nodded and went to get the girls. In total ten came out, but none were Bahiyah so Merkal came up with some reason to say never mind.

“I guess the palace is next” Yesenia said after they were on their way. “Yes so let's get there I don't like putting you and Crystal in this position” Merkal said uncomfortably.“I have to agree” Crystal said calmly, “I can't stand the looks we are getting they are so gross” she murmured quietly. The palace was much harder to get into but they finally managed to find a way to get the sultan to let them in.“Your majesty this is Yesenia and this is her sister Crystal, I stole them from their home in Agrabah” Merkal stated coldly forcing the girls to bow. Yesenia and Crystal both into the act shot him a dirty look.“I am not interested in any new harem girls right now, but maybe my son is” the sultan said dryly. Merkal nodded, “May I speak with him?” Merkal asked calmly. The sultan nodded and asked that his son come immediately.

Wakim strutted into the throne room his eyes lit up when he saw Merkal who appeared to be a slaver with two women.“Are they for sale?” he asked immediately. Merkal nodded, “but I must meet all your harem girls I want to see if I find one or maybe even two I would rather trade these two for” he explained. Wakim clapped his hands at a servant and the servant ran and got the girls quickly he rounded them up. There were twenty two in all. Yesenia had to fight from gasping when she saw Bahiyah, she knew that face anywhere, she looked almost like she had years ago. She saw the shock register on Bahiyah’s face as well. But the girl quickly removed the look from her face.

Oh no Bahiyah thought to herself, Yesenia had been caught, abducted and now Wakim was going to purchase her. She fought to keep her composure she wouldn't let on anything. Yesenia had smiled briefly at her and she could see tears welling up in her eyes. “Now what are their names?” Wakim asked Merkal with interest.“This is Yesenia, a powerful sorceress, and her sister Crystal” Merkal said calmly.Wakim looked towards Bahiyah a cruel grin was on his face now.“Would you like to have some time alone to talk with any of the harem girls?” Wakim asked calmly. Merkal nodded “yes” he stated calmly looking at Yesenia and then at the girl she was looking at.“I'd like to talk to her” he said pointing straight at Bahiyah.“Very well” Wakim looked at Bahiyah then at Yesenia and Crystal. “I will speak with them” he stated calmly. Merkal nodded and ushered Bahiyah out of the room.He knew basically what she was thinking, “don't worry, I'm here to help you” he whispered when they were alone.Bahiyah looked at him, “What?” she asked him.“Yesenia and Crystal are just playing along we are here to get you out of here” Merkal tried to explain.“You are Bahiyah aren't you?” he asked calmly hoping it was her.“Yes I am, you're really here to help me?” she asked in disbelief tears were now coming to her eyes.“Yes,” Merkal stated calmly. Bahiyah jumped up off of the bench she had sat on and gave Merkal a big hug.“Thank you” she said then quickly drew away, “But why are you helping me how did you find me?” she asked him.“I am Yesenia’s boyfriend and I know how important you are to her. She had a dream I don't know about what exactly but she knew after that where you were” Merkal finished. They sat out and talked for sometime. When they came back in thought Bahiyah pretended to be displeased about whatever was said. Wakim on the other hand looked very happy with the fact that Yesenia and Crystal were being offered to him for sale.“I will buy them” he said motioning toward the girls. Merkal smiled in false pleasure, “As you wish” he stated calmly, he took the money that the prince gave him and watched as they were led away.“I will be needing a place to stay tonight” he said calmly. The prince nodded, “Show him to his room” he said to Bahiyah. She nodded and showed him to the guest wing of the palace.“How are you getting me out of here?” she asked calmly.“Tonight Yesenia and Crystal are going to meet us in the garden” Merkal stated.“But one of them will have to be with him on their first night here” Bahiyah tried to explain.“I know that's what you think but they are going to knock him out then Yesenia will teleport all of us back to Agrabah.“Your family lives there now” Merkal said remembering the story Yesenia had told them.“Thank you so much” Bahiyah said smiling at Merkal. She was glad Yesenia had found a friend like him.“I'll meet you in the garden” she said after showing him to his room.

"Merkal are you out here?” Yesenia asked in a whisper as she and Crystal made their way into the center of the garden.“Over here, we have the animals all ready to go, and Bahiyah is here now too” Merkal whispered. Yesenia walked over to Bahiyah and smiled at her, “I missed you so much, I never forgot you not ever” Yesenia said hugging her friend, she and Bahiyah just stood there for a few moments and cried. Crystal even joined in Merkal wiped a few tears from his eyes too.“I think we should go now” Crystal said quickly the prince might wake up soon. Gathering together Yesenia finally placed the spell and then looked around they were on a roof top now. Definitely in Agrabah she knew that much. They all gave each other a big hug and then made their way down the building.“Bahiyah you will see your family tomorrow or do you want to go now?” Yesenia asked her friend.“Now I can't wait another minute” Bahiyah said as tears fell from her face. The four made their way to a small lonely looking shack. Yesenia knocked on the door loudly, and waited as a woman walked over to the door.“Who is there it's late” she grumbled slightly annoyed.“Mother it's me,” Bahiyah said and began to cry at the sound of the woman’s voice. The woman dropped her candle in shock. “Bahiyah, is it really you?” she asked tears began to fill her eyes as well. Bahiyah walked quickly to her mother and gave her a huge hug, “I missed you mommy” she said through tears. By this time a man was next to Bahiyah’s mother.“Daddy” Bahiyah cried even more as the three of them hugged.

Yesenia, Crystal, and Merkal stood back and watched them, smiles were on their faces. “I found Bahiyah we finally found Bahiyah” Yesenia said leaning back on Merkal and wiping a few tears from her eyes. Merkal kissed her head and smiled, “Yes we did” Crystal squeezed her sister's hand as they watched one of the most precious moments in their lives unwind before them.

Bahiyah’s story will continue On Another Arabian Night.