Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Desert Rose II by Michelle Bowen
[Reviews - 0] Printer

- Text Size +
Desert Rose II By Michelle Bowen

Mozenrath glared down at the book with the spell on creating a child, he slammed it shut angrily. It had been at least three months since Jasmine got away, and he was still angered that the street rat had beaten him again. How had he managed it, for now he thought Jasmine is out of the picture, I don't care he thought. There had to be someone else someone he knew of one of his other enemies or someone who had stood up against him before. Someone powerful enough, then it hit him like a caravan of camels running over a man.

"Yesenia!" he exclaimed shocked at himself for not thinking of the nineteen year old girl until now. Xerxes looked at his master, "Where Yesenia?" Xerxes asked concerned about getting zapped by her magic.

"Yesenia will give me a heir, I'll figure out how to make her become my wife and give me one but she will be the one" Mozenrath confirmed. Xerxes looked at his master with confusion, "But Yesenia not going to be happy" Xerxes said reminding his master of the harm that'd come to them before from her.

"Don't you see you fool, with her magic and my magic combined our child would have the most power and be stronger than ever. She was born with her magic it doesn't kill her it won't harm her in anyway. "She is the perfect prospect" Mozenrath said with irritation towards Xerxes.

"Xerxes no like idea" the eel said seriously.

Mozenrath angrily blasted him, "Shut up fool" he shouted insulted by his eel. He quickly dove into thought what was Yesenia's weakness what would make her stay with him. There had to be something? There were her friends in Agrabah, such as Merkal, and then there was her sister, mother, and father. He'd used the scare tactic before, and it'd worked on Jasmine, Yesenia would be no different. With a grin he began to plan the room he'd keep her in because she'd be able to teleport. Then it hit him, the crystal used on her years ago, that would be perfect. He went and choose out the same room, as Jasmine had while she was there. Lining it with that crystal around the door, he knew she couldn't leave, not on her own without him.

Yesenia had decided to go out alone on a horse ride, she rode to her favorite spot an oasis. She tied Star up and then went over to the water side, filling her canteen up and then drinking the water. She looked around when she heard Star snorting but nothing caught her eyes attention. Suddenly a brilliant flash of blue came from behind her, causing her to jump up and face whatever it was.

To no surprise it was Mozenrath, "What do you want?" she asked irritated with him. Mozenrath smiled, "That will be told you when its time, for now Ixtala" he said holding up the crystal of Ix he imprisoned Yesenia in it quickly. Then in another flash of brilliant blue he and his prisoner disappeared. Star looked around for Yesenia and snorted then whistled for her. Quickly she tugged at her reigns but they didn't give in they'd been tied well.

The darkness of the land of the black sands was broken as Mozenrath entered the room he'd prepared for Yesenia. "Ixtravor" he said and watched as she was released, with an angry glare she sprang at him. Knocking him to the ground, she jumped up again and tried to run out of the room. But couldn't get past the door and realized why in her way were the same crystals that Azool had used on her.

She backed off and glared at Mozenrath, "Care to explain?" she asked watching him stand and dust himself off.

"I'll tell you when I'm out of the room" he said seriously. He walked past the crystals then turned around.

"Well there is a dilemma here for me, because if I should die I have no heir, and I've already attempted to amend that before but it didn't work out. So guess what you win the honor of giving me a heir and being my wife" he said with a smirk that enraged Yesenia more than his announcement. A sickened feeling shot through Yesenia. "I won't ever do that, you can't make me and I won't" she hollered angrily at him. But didn't bother to use her magic on him, he'd been smart and made it so that no magic of hers could get past that door anyway.

"I have my ways Yesenia, I'm sure you'll agree to them soon enough, so for now you get some rest and be ready for supper" he ordered her around knowing it'd make her angrier.

"You are such a Jerk!" she hollered at him, and just out of rage threw her magic at him. He laughed at her, "Nice you can really control yourself can't you" he taunted her then turned and left, not even bothering to order the mamlucks to guard Yesenia. She wasn't going anywhere with those crystals up. Yesenia sat on the bed that was in her room, crossing her arms she glared at the entrance to the room where Mozenrath had been only moments before.

"Fool" she said quietly, what on earth was wrong with him? she asked herself. She decided to look around the room, perhaps there was some weakness somewhere, a window or something she could get out of. But she found nothing, she did find herself however admiring the room. It was beautiful even if it was kind of dark, the dark blues, blacks, and brilliant gold's caught her eyes attention. She moved towards a closet and opened it, inside were beautiful dresses, and outfits similar to hers. Fingering them carefully she noted they were made of velvet. She then moved over to the bed and felt the comforter it was so soft. She bet it was really warm as well, finally she snapped out of it. Mozenrath had abducted her and was holding her against her will. Forming some demented plan that she'd be his wife and give him a kid, and she was here admiring the room! What's wrong with me? she wondered to herself, "Oh well" she said out loud "Oh Well, what Yesenia talk about?" she heard a stupid sounding voice from outside that could be none other than Xerxes.

"Xerxes if you get me out of here I won't harm you" Yesenia said to the eel.

He shook his head, "Master will hurt me if I do" he said fiercely, and fearfully at the same time. Yesenia shrugged and left the door way to sit on the bed once more. She found herself after a little while laying back against the luxurious pillows on the bed. Soon she drifted off, to a restful sleep. She didn't realize that this was what Mozenrath wanted so he could improve the security in the room, making it literally impossible for her to get out and any of her little friends that may come along from going in. He was the only one who could enter the room, and she could only exit with him, but then the citadel was also surrounded by the crystal. She had no way of escaping as far as he could tell.

She felt a cold hand on her shoulder as it shook her awake, "Yesenia get up it's time for dinner," Mozenrath said harshly. She finally opened her eyes and then rubbed them sleepily, "Wh..what?" she asked drowsily.

"Get up" Mozenrath ordered her, Yesenia finally managed to wake up enough, and sat up in bed then got off the bed.

"Get your hands off of me you jerk" she said grouchily to him. He shook his head and took her wrist in his hand and pulled her along.

"You had better learn to listen" he said angrily. Yesenia practically tripped when she was pulled but managed to keep her balance. She grudgingly followed him to the dining area. Sitting down to eat Mozenrath looked over at her, she wasn't even looking at her food.

"Eat something you'll need to, in order to keep from starving" he said seriously.

"I'm sure it tastes wonderful, but I am not stupid Mozenrath you probably have something in here that I don't want to have" she said seriously.

Mozenrath glared at her, "A Love potion is that what you mean, come now why would I do that?" he asked her mocking innocence. Yesenia glared at him, she did a quick magic scan and noted that no potions were in this stuff at all.

"Fine I'll eat" she said, picking at the food. Eating only enough to satisfy her hunger, and Mozenrath so he would leave her alone. "I bet your wondering how I'll make you marry me, well Yesenia my dear. Your family and friends come into play here, because if you don't do as I say. I will kill them one for each time you disobey, until none are left and then if that happens I'll move on to the citizens of Agrabah" Mozenrath told her seriously. Through out his little speech Yesenia's stomach felt like it was full of rocks.

Her eyes welled up with tears, "Don't......don't you dare touch any of them so help me if you harm any of them I will find a way to kill you I swear" Yesenia said wiping the tears away angrily.

"I won't harm them if you obey" he told her satisfied that his little speech now put her under his control. "So what will it be disobey and watch them die or obey, marry me, and give me a heir. Becoming the queen of the land of the black sands" he said seriously. Yesenia ducked her head so she didn't have to look at him and in that instant he knew the answer with a smile he stood.

"I think you should go back to your room now" he said leading her away from the table, he lead her back to the room. Upon reaching the room he left her alone, to think.

Star began to nibble her reigns, and then tugged at them. Finally they broke and she turned to Agrabah, for help. She trotted up to Merkal's stand without Yesenia on her back.

"Star?" Merkal said in surprise, "Where's Yesenia?" he asked her, the horse just looked at him. Merkal quickly closed down his stand, and took Star to Yesenia's home. He knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it.

Crystal opened the door for him, "Merkal why is Star with you where's Yesenia?" she asked. Merkal tied Star to a post and walked into the house.

"I don't know Star came to me, I think we should go find her" Merkal told Crystal.

"I have been worrying since she has been gone for almost all day" Aisha said moving up behind Crystal.

"Well we need to hurry before night fall, after that its unsafe out there for us" Abdul said moving towards the door, "Merkal and Crystal why don't you come with me, I'm sure your mother will stay here with Aisha" he said to Merkal.

"I'll go get her, and I'm sure she'd be more than happy to do that" Merkal said running home quickly. He returned after about a half an hour with his mother, "Okay lets go fast" he said. Turning around he mounted Star, and waited till Crystal and Abdul mounted their horses. The three headed towards the desert in search of Yesenia.

"Yesenia try to get Xerxes to help escape" Xerxes said to Mozenrath, who looked at him.

"She can try and get anyone to help she can't get away unless I let her go. Now why would I do that?" Mozenrath asked his eel irritably. He headed for Yesenia's room again, and walked past the crystals. He noticed she'd fallen asleep on the bed and wasn't covered by the blanket. The room wasn't exactly warm he'd have to fix that for her. He gently picked her up and motioned for Xerxes to move the covers back for him so he could put her under them. The eel did as he was told and watched as Mozenrath set Yesenia back down on the bed and then covered her up. She sighed and then snuggled back into the pillow her head rested on without waking up. A small piece of hair fell in her face, Xerxes watched as Mozenrath moved it away. "She's so innocent looking when she sleeps you'd never know how much trouble she can cause" Mozenrath said quietly. Without thinking he bent over and kissed her forehead, "Lets go" he whispered to a very stunned Xerxes.

That night Abdul, Crystal, Merkal returned looking very worried. "She can take care of herself you know" Crystal said trying to be positive.

"We know" Abdul said smiling at his youngest daughter.

"I just wish we knew if she was fine" Merkal said worriedly. They entered the house, "Aisha, Abdab we can't find her, there weren't any signs other than a dropped canteen" Abdul said tiredly and worriedly to his wife and their friend.

"I just pray she is okay" Aisha said softly hugged Abdul, "We should get some sleep so we can all go find her tomorrow" she said softly. Everyone agreed so they all stayed at the Izmet house, and rested up for the next day.

The next morning Yesenia opened her eyes and noticed someone in the room with her. "Hello Mozey" she said sleepily, she sat up and rubbed her eyes. She then stretched, "Who put me undercover?" she asked curiously she just had to hear it from him. "Well there's only me here right" Mozenrath asked slightly annoyed by the nickname she used.

"So you actually can be kind" she said smiling slightly then frowned at him.

"Too bad your not doing that now" she said seriously. She put her feet on the floor and placed her shoes on her feet. Then she turned and quickly made her bed, "But I do thank you for not letting me get hypothermia, would that be out of concern for me personally, or your little plan?" Yesenia asked him hoping to hit a nerve.

"You can take it at whatever you want to Yesenia, you don't understand why I need a heir obviously" he said standing up. He glared at her for her last statement.

"No believe me I understand, I just think you should fall in love with a girl, propose, marry, and then have children with her. Not abduct someone, force her to marry you, and then force her to carry your child" Yesenia snapped at him with a glare. "Lets get breakfast" he said ignoring the last comment, he took her hand, "Its the only way out for you is if I am in contact with you" he said seriously. Yesenia nodded holding his hand was better than starving, she thought to herself. She knew Mozenrath couldn't be all that bad of a guy he must really be getting desperate.

"What are we having?" she asked trying to start a conversation.

"Eggs and bacon" he said glumly, "I hope you like them" he added.

Yesenia shook her head in a amusement, "Eggs and bacon are fine" she said. "Mozenrath honestly tell me who you had as a prospect before me?" she asked him as they sat at the table. "Princess Jasmine of Agrabah" Mozenrath said solemnly. He watched as Yesenia gawked at him, "But she has Aladdin, and you two are like total enemies why would you choose her?" Yesenia asked confused.

"Because of her qualities, they were needed for the child, but I failed with her. Aladdin that street rat got in the way. Then I thought of who else had what I was looking for. That would be you I thought of" he said seriously. Yesenia frowned, "Oh great I meet the list of what Mozenrath's looking for in a woman that could be bad" she said sarcastically. Mozenrath glared at her, "Yesenia you of all people know I have a lot more to me than people think. Otherwise you'd hate me by now for everything I've ever done to you" he said offendedly.

"That's true but its only because when you were under Destane's rule you helped me escape. I know deep inside you where your hiding it you have a heart" Yesenia said gently and seriously.

Mozenrath shook his head, "I'll never show that though" he told her. "So I guess we have a secret huh" Yesenia said, then began to eat her food. Mozenrath looked away for a minute and then back at Yesenia as a thought occurred to him.

"You are agreeing to marry me right?" he asked her suddenly. Yesenia's fork fell to the table and her attention was suddenly back on him again. A frown was on her lips, and her eyebrows were furrowed.

"Mozenrath I have no choice" Yesenia snapped at him, she jumped up from the table. Mozenrath quickly followed her and grabbed her elbow. "You aren't to go anywhere here without me escorting you there" he said commandingly. Yesenia glared at him angrily, "Fine then take me to my room now!" she snapped again. She couldn't believe him, they were actually conversing for a few minutes without a fight.

Then he brought up such a stupid question, "Now Yesenia, I give the orders here and I'm telling you finish eating" Mozenrath said pulling her back to the table. He finally managed to get her to sit back down, and the rest of the meal was silent.

"I really don't see any sign of foot tracks, or any sign other than the canteen. That someone was here" Merkal commented as he surveyed the oasis.

Crystal looked very worried, "Where could she be?" she asked him her blue eyes filled with tears then she wiped them away. "I'm sure we'll find her" Merkal said comforting Crystal. They both looked at the other members of the family searching for some sign of Yesenia. The day was already growing very hot.

Finally Mozenrath had escorted her back to the room, and left her alone for a few minutes so she could cool off. She wished that there was a window in here and that this kingdom actually had day light. It irritated her, she couldn't even tell day from night! She had to talk Mozenrath out of this whole marriage, heir thing, and fast. She had no desire to marry him, and definitely didn't want a child by him. Finally after she'd thought for a little while she noticed that Mozenrath was entering the room. He looked pleased about something and it made her worry.

He walked right up to her and gently took her hand. "Stand up" he said gently. "Why?" Yesenia asked eyeing him carefully, she didn't make a move.

"Because I said to" he said a little harshly, and then tugged at her arm. So she did as she was told, "I need to show you something" he said seriously. Then lead her from the room, and into his library. A book was open on the table, he walked over to it and let go of her hand.

Then he lifted it up and showed it to her, "This is how we will have a baby" he said showing her the spell.

"I have to drink blood!" she exclaimed in disgust, she backed away slightly. "So its marry you and drink blood, or have sex?" Yesenia asked looking a bit unhappy about all of these ideas.

"It's not that bad" he said offendedly. "Sure for you! You don't have to drink blood, I have to, you don't have to carry a child that you're being forced to have I have to!" Yesenia exclaimed keeping her distance from him.

Xerxes floated nearby, and moved towards Yesenia. "Me told Master you not be happy" Xerxes said smartly.

Mozenrath glared at him, and grabbed him. "When I want your opinion I'll ask for it" he said angrily throwing the eel across the room.

He turned to Yesenia, "I understand your not happy with this I'm trying to make it as painless for you as possible. Its simple I cut my hand and put my blood in a small cup, and then I cut your hand mix our blood. You then drink it, and I cast a spell, its that simple" he said hastily. He noticed that the color had drained from her face, she looked like she was going to vomit. Suddenly she turned away from him and hunched over on the floor, vomiting. Mozenrath turned around in disgust, okay so maybe its not that simple he thought to himself. Yesenia finally stood back up and looked at him weakly, "I'd really rather not do that spell" she said solemnly. She and Mozenrath stood in the Library in silence for what seemed to be hours. "Fine then its the old fashioned way" he said a little unhappy he'd hoped he wouldn't have to come to that.

"Mozenrath I really think you should reconsider this. I mean I know you really don't want this to happen this way. Please just let me go" Yesenia said seriously. She moved towards him and placed her hand on his gloved hand.

"Please Mozenrath" she said again. Mozenrath shook his head, "No!" he shouted at her. Yesenia jumped back, "You know I am really starting to not like you very much its border line hate" she hollered at him. Mozenrath moved towards her angrily, "You should learn to tolerate me or love me, because as far as I see it your stuck with me" he hollered at her. He grabbed Yesenia around the waist and pulled her close to him. Then placed his left hand behind her head, and moved towards her. Placing a kiss on her lips, he felt Yesenia trying to push away but he had to tight of a grip on her. Finally he let go of her, "I'll take you back to your room" he said calmly again.

Then he lead her from the library to her room, and left her there alone again. Yesenia angrily wiped her mouth, she couldn't believe him. "I could....I could just errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" she hollered angrily even though she was talking to herself.

The group had finally left the oasis and headed for home, they hadn't found Yesenia. Their hopes were dashed and their hearts heavy with worry. The night was an uneasy one filled with sleeplessness.

Night fell once more in the Citadel, she and Mozenrath had eaten the most silent dinner ever. Only stopping to glare at each other from time to time. Now Yesenia was brushing her hair and changing into a night gown. The covers were pulled back, and she was about to lay down.

When Mozenrath entered the room, "Yesenia" he said as he walked over to a chair next to her bed. "Mozenrath" Yesenia said just as coldly, she sat down on the bed.

Mozenrath cleared his throat, "I'm sorry if you hate me, but I am not sorry for what I am trying to do" he said emotionlessly. "Whatever" Yesenia said pulling her legs up on the bed. She looked away from him, and at a candle. She heard him sigh with frustration, "The wedding is tomorrow, so just get used to the idea, and you can still do the spell with me instead of....." he said not bothering to finish his sentence. "I'll think about it" she said dully.

"One of the reasons I chose you is that I admire you. You never back down" he said trying to make her not hate him so much. He didn't know exactly why it bothered him so much. But for like the first time in his life someone hadn't hated him, and now she did. "I've been backing down the whole time I've been here" Yesenia said bitterly.

"No you haven't" Mozenrath said seriously.

"Yes I have" she argued back, she was finally looking at him.

"I want to leave so much, or not listen to what you say. But I have no choice. If I don't listen my family dies, I know you didn't grow up with one but you don't understand. It made me so mad, and so scared at the same time. When you threatened them, I wanted to protect them and yet hurt you all at the same time. I didn't know whether to be angry, or scared" Yesenia quipped upsetedly.

Mozenrath moved his chair closer to her and the bed. "You don't understand me either, not as much as you'd like to think. I'm always alone here, I have no one to talk to everyday, I have no one to live on after I die. I have no legacy" he told her bluntly. Yesenia was about to say something when Mozenrath put his hand up.

"You don't need to say anything, I don't want to hear it" he said coldly. Yesenia looked at him for a few minutes blinking a couple of times, he was lonely.

"I don't need you to keep me from doing something that I want to do" he said seriously then stood up.

"Goodnight Yesenia" he said and left the room. Left her alone in the dark with only a lone candle burning.

That morning Yesenia awoke with a start and quickly got out of bed. She noticed in the corner Mozenrath had set a bath up for her to use. She made sure he wasn't around before getting in and washing up. Then she got dressed and waited in the room for Mozenrath. She had an idea and hoped it would work on him. Mozenrath entered the room an hour after she'd finished bathing and dressing.

"Good morning Yesenia" he said calmly, she smiled at him. Mozenrath furrowed his eyebrows, she was so angry yesterday with him. Here she was on their wedding day and smiling at him. He shook his head, maybe he was seeing things.

"Good morning Mozenrath" she said cheerfully. He knew now he wasn't seeing things, "What's got you so happy?" he asked confused.

"Well I thought about what you said last night and I decided to give it a try" she said hiding the fact that she'd rather not say that. Mozenrath looked at her shocked, at her sudden change in attitude.

He sat down in the chair, "You can stop acting" he said seriously.

Yesenia looked at him confused, "But why every girl should be happy on her wedding day shouldn't she?" she asked pretending to be innocent. She sat silently waiting for his reply.

"You're just acting" he said getting a bit irritated.

"No I'm seriously happy I mean why wouldn't I be it is after all supposed to be the happiest day of my life. I'm supposed to be marrying the man I love right." she said smiling even more sweetly at him. Mozenrath looked at her not knowing whether to be angry or feel bad.

"Yesenia are you trying to trick me?" he asked her wearily.

Yesenia just smiled sweetly at him, "Why would I trick you?" she asked him remaining in her little guilt trip.

Mozenrath stood up suddenly, "Stop that!" he shouted angrily at her.

Yesenia stood up, "Why are you so mad?" she asked still innocently, she walked over to him and put her hand in his ungloved hand. Then she moved towards him, and hugged him.

"I'm so glad that we're in love and getting married, not many girls are that lucky you know" she said with a happy sound in her voice.

Mozenrath jerked his hand away from hers, "Your trying to make me feel bad stop it" Mozenrath said determined not to let her go.

"I can't make you feel bad only you can do that" Yesenia said seriously.

"No you are" he said getting very angry with her, what did she think he was stupid.

"I know you have a heart, and your heart is telling you this isn't right" Yesenia said very seriously this time.

"It is isn't it" Yesenia said moving around so that he had to face her. She looked him in the eyes and knew, what he was basically thinking. He tried to look away but she put her hands on either side of his face.

"If you're going to make me marry you at least look me in the eyes, and see what you're putting me through" Yesenia said firmly. Mozenrath closed his eyes to avoid looking into her eyes.

Yesenia sighed, "Look me in the eyes Mozenrath!" she said firmer, with such determination in her voice. Mozenrath finally sighed and opened his eyes, what he saw in her eyes made him grimace. She looked scared, worried, sad, anger, and yet hopeful. He looked down at his feet in shame, and realized this whole thing was just not going to work. He moved away from her and took both her hands in his. "I told you, that you have some great qualities, and persuasion is one of them" he told her wearily.

"Does this mean you've changed your mind?" Yesenia asked him.

"Yes Yesenia it does, but you have to promise to come out here every now and again so I am not always alone here" he said seriously.

Yesenia smiled at him, "I promise, and thank you so much" she said hugging him tightly.

"Promise me this also, you won't try and force anyone else into marrying you and giving you a child" she said. Mozenrath sighed, "Fine" he said his two attempts had gotten him no where and he had no desire for a third.

"Let me get rid of the crystal and then you may leave" he said calmly. Then left the room, he removed the crystal from everywhere in the Citadel. Then he led her to the door, "I will see you later Yesenia" Mozenrath said waving at her. She nodded and pulled her cape up around herself, and disappeared from the dark and lonely Citadel. Leaving Mozenrath and Xerxes alone, with just each other to talk to.

"Maybe she just got lost and never mind......" Crystal said giving up. The family and Merkal and his mother were in the living room. Of Aisha's and Abdul's home, when suddenly a bright blue light caused them to look up.

Crystal was the first to jump up and Merkal was the second. Yesenia smiled at them, "I'm home" she said happily. Then she hugged them each and everyone of them.

"I'm very sorry if you worried, but it's a very long story, and I'm kinda hungry she said smiling at her family and friends. Over breakfast she told them of what happened. The remarks of anger flared here and there, but finally in the end there weren't any really hard feelings towards Mozenrath or his eel.

Until Another Arabian Night..................................

(Disclaimer Hi all well the general idea follows Kim's story called Desert Rose, but I put a few different twists and turns in it. It's the sequel kinda for the story and I hope you enjoyed. You know the drill have a great day :)