Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Vanishing Hope by Michelle Bowen
[Reviews - 4] Printer

- Text Size +
Vanishing HopeBy Michelle Bowen,

Prologue:

The moon shown down on the couple as they ate dinner on the balcony smiling at each other, and occasionally kisses that lovers do give. The man was much older than the woman who was no more than twenty-four years old. In their eyes sparkled such love for one another, it radiated out from them like the sun through the clouds of a dreary day where holes exist in the clouds. Such sweet beauty, so gentle and yet so strong, a love that would always be. “I love you Aisa,” the man said touching his wife’s hand so gently. “I love you to Lonious” she said with a smile spread over her deep red lips. Her green eyes shined like emeralds in the night. A knock was heard from inside the palace as a servant escorted a young girl in. Jasmine walked over to her mother and father, “I had a night mare,” she said softly in a sleepy voice she walked over and snuggled up against her mother. “Again?” Aisa asked getting worried, this was the third night in a row that Jasmine had a nightmare. “Was it the same?” she asked her daughter gently. Jasmine clung to her and nodded, “You went away” she said holding on all the tighter. “My dearest I will never leave you, never” she whispered soothingly. The sultan smiled at his wife and daughter it was so nice to see them together no matter how many times he saw them hugging it never tired him. “Sweet heart you know Mommy wouldn't leave you” he said lovingly. Jasmine peaked out at him and nodded, “I know but you gotta tell my nightmares not me” she said as though she actually thought her father could talk to her dreams. The sultan smiled, “I wish I could sweet heart” he said gently. He fell silent as Aisa’s voice rose in a sweet lullaby.

“Hush now, close your eyes, for soothing dreams, into a dreamland of wonder and beauty, journey my dearest, and dream,” she sang on into a sweet melody of love and comfort. Soon Jasmine’s eyelids grew to heavy for her to stay awake and she drifted into a peaceful sleep. A servant came and was about to take her when Aisa raised her hand, “I'll go tuck her in,” she said lifting her daughter up. “I'll see you in our room” she said to her husband. Lonious smiled at her, “ I love you,” he said seriously.

As she climbed the stairs she enjoyed the feeling of her daughter sleeping so peacefully in her arms, it reminded her of when Jasmine was but a baby. She sighed wishing that they could have another, but they'd not. She laid Jasmine on the bed and covered her up, placing a kiss on her chubby cheeks, and running her hand through her daughters black hair. “I love you dearest, sleep well and may no more bad dreams come your way, for I will always love you” she murmured to her. Turning around she left the room, and closed the door. Jasmine nestled deep within the covers comforted by the words she had not consciously heard but unconsciously remembered. They would for years play in her dreams, as a child clinging to its mother.

Aisa never made it to her room, and never lay with her husband that night. Men had snuck into the palace and abducted her. A man’s heart was laid heavy as he tried to tell his daughter, that her mommy had been taken from them. A young child’s heart broke the next morning when her daddy told her “Mommies been taken.” She cried her tears into her father’s shoulder, and begged for him to find the men. But after the ransom had been paid, there was no sign of Jasmine’s mother, until one day when her clothes were returned soaked in blood. The sultan’s anguish filled his nights and his daughter’s anguish filled his days. They soon became quiet, and the sultan drifted from his usual smart self, began playing with toys more and more. Instead of just collecting them, soon he picked up an advisor a young man he thought was trust worthy. Behind the friendly grin, and the charm, lay a snake. Waiting for his time to strike, Jasmine grew to be a beautiful young woman. But every time she dreamt her mother’s words echoed around her, sadness would fill her. But in the morning she'd never remember her dreams, it was as though they'd left with her mother.

Years later:

Jasmine smiled at her sleeping husband, Aladdin shifted in his sleep and murmured something she couldn't understand. She brushed aside a stray piece of hair from his eyes. “If only I had dreams,” she said sadly, only a few times had she ever remembered her dreams, with the Ethereal had come, and a few very rare other times. Her eyes fell upon a portrait of her mother, she sighed, wondering just what had happened. A part of her dreamed and hoped her to be still alive. But she had long accepted the death of her mother, or so she thought she had. But ever since Aladdin had found his father she felt as though her mother could possibly be alive. She sighed it was but a silly wish, one she wished Genie could grant. She laid her head on Aladdin’s chest and drifted back to a peaceful sleep.

“Good morning dearest” her father said that morning when she rose from bed. “Good morning father,” she said smiling happily at him. Her thoughts drifted between her thoughts during the night, and the visiting royalty of today. “Sultan Avenborg and Sultana Jasli, will be arrive today with their children” the sultan reminded her. “Thanks for reminding me of their names” she said sheepishly. Of late she'd been sleepy and even forgetful which was not her. “Dearest are you all right?” the sultan asked her, Jasmine nodded, “Yeah I just didn't sleep so well” she said using it as her cover. Aladdin sat down beside her and hugged her, “Good morning Jasmine” he said giving her a kiss on the cheek. “Good morning” she said with a smile at Aladdin, she loved when he kissed her. “Hey look at this!” Genie exclaimed as he showed them a new trick he'd made up. “Jas could you lend me a gold piece?” he asked her and not waiting for an answer pulled one from behind her ear, and then proceeded to turn it into a dove which flew over her and Aladdin. “Like it?” he asked them. Jasmine nodded wearily, “Dearest your not eating much” the sultan observed. “I don't feel very good,” she said simply. Genie nodded, and Aladdin looked at her with concern, “You haven't eaten breakfast at all this week you always say your sick, I think you should see a doctor” he said seriously and his eyes reflected the concern he felt. Jasmine nodded “maybe I should” she said simply. The rest of breakfast went on quietly, and the Sultan and his family arrived. “It is an honor to finally meet the daughter of Bobolonious and Aisa,” he said with a deep bow. Jasmine looked surprised at the mention of her mother’s name. “Did you know my mother?” she asked curiously. “I did indeed have the honor,” the sultan said seriously. Jasmine wanted to ask him more but knew that she would have to wait till later. The rest of the day went swiftly, and bedtime soon rolled around.

Aladdin looked at Jasmine when she entered the room, “Have you seen the doctor?” he asked standing up. “Oh, I forgot” she sighed, “I'll talk to him tomorrow, I promise” she said seriously. “Okay, but no later” he said hugging her, “I don't want anything happening to you,” he added as he kissed her. Jasmine sighed and returned his kiss, “I love you” she said after they parted. “I love you too Jasmine” Aladdin said with a charming grin, they climbed into bed together and relaxed. “I've been having this thought lately,” Jasmine said softly as she rested her head on her pillow. “Really about what?” Aladdin asked curiously. Jasmine looked over at the portrait of her mother then at Aladdin, “What if my mother wasn't really killed by those people who kidnapped her?” she asked. Aladdin thought, “It is possible but Jasmine wouldn't she have come back by now?” he asked her. Jasmine shook her head, “What if someone’s stopping her?” she asked the look in her eyes told him that she really believed it possible. “Is that what's been keeping you up?” he asked her. Jasmine shrugged, “Maybe” she mumbled. “Its just that you found your father and you'd thought him to be dead, what if my mother really is alive somewhere?” she asked. Aladdin hugged her, “Then she will be found” he said hugging Jasmine to him, soon he felt her breathing regulate and knew she was sleeping.

Jasmine gazed around her in the misty darkness, which soon became lit by a candle, before her lay a young girl; her mother was tucking her in. For a moment Jasmine wondered as to who they were. But she was struck by the realization that the young girl was she, and the woman was her mother. ““I love you dearest, sleep well and may no more bad dreams come your way, for I will always love you” she murmured to her. The young girl snuggled into her blankets and slept on unaware of her mother’s words. Jasmine followed her mother out of the room, while they walked down the hallway towards the library where her mother loved to read two men approached. “Who are you?” her mother asked them looking concerned at them being in the palace. “We were sent for you” a man said simply, the man’s face was harsh and scarred. Jasmine felt her breath catch. “By who?” Aisa asked them backing away. The second man came up behind her; both seemed oblivious to Jasmine’s presence. “Harintish” the man said simply, Aisa looked at them in confusion. “Who?” she asked them still keeping distance between them and her, the man behind her lunged at her and threw a cloth over her face. Jasmine watched helplessly unable to assist her mother, as she was rendered unconscious and taken from the palace. Soon the dream faded and only her mother’s words echoed through the hall. Jasmine woke with a start and found herself gasping for breath; Aladdin had woken and was looking at her. “Jasmine whose Harintish?” he asked her confused. “What?” she asked him still lost in her dream to an extent. “You said Harintish has your mother” Aladdin said with a yawn. “Only it didn't sound like you” he said seriously, “It was an older voice, one that sounded like an oracle to an extent, but then it also sounded kind of like you” he said looking at her with concern. “I don't even know anyone named Harintish” Jasmine said seriously. “Aladdin I don't even remember my dream” she said choking on the words. “What do you mean?” he asked, “It sounded like a very remember able dream” he added. “Ever since my mother disappeared and was pronounced dead I have only had one or two dreams, the ethereal dream and one other when Mirage had control of me,” she said solemnly. “You've had to have had dreams maybe something keeps you from remembering them” Aladdin said seriously. Jasmine shrugged “Maybe” she murmured her tiredness returning. “Go to sleep princess” Aladdin said calmly, “We'll talk more tomorrow morning” he said holding her in a warm hug. Her eyes closed once more and her dreams were again unknown to her, “I love you princess” Aladdin said running his hand over her peaceful face. Her dream and what she'd said during it had really unnerved him, he hadn't really told her everything, not wanting to worry her. With a sigh he soon fell asleep.

The city lay dark and cold, as she hurried away, from the man whom imprisoned her all these years. Harintish had hired men to abduct her, and then ransomed her, and then never released her. she'd even seen some of her clothing blood soaked; a stray tear fell from her eyes. Remembering how she'd known in that moment she may never seen her husband or their precious daughter again. Through the years she'd been forced to do some pretty awful things by that monster. She scowled he'd robbed her of enough time, and she would never see him again. Hiding against a building she kept out of sight of his henchmen. She sighed after they left, and then continued on, and ran outside the small city. The stars shown brightly down upon her as the crescent moon seemed to smile in joy for her freedom. Agrabah was her destination, her heart rose in hope but also the knowledge of the trip ahead of her frightened her. she'd grown up the way most princesses do, kept inside the palace, and once she'd been abducted she'd been kept behind such watch that she couldn't even go outside without someone following. Tonight she'd managed to knock out the man watching her, and ran from him. The daunting journey was filled with dangers, and even the possibility of recapture if he ever found her again. Her feet moved quickly through the desert night, as she headed in the direction she knew her home lay.

The doctor examined Jasmine after she described her symptoms, and they talked. Aladdin paced around outside the room worrying that Jasmine was ill or something. The words she'd hollered out last night worried him. 'Harintish, sent us. you're coming with us your majesty. Then muffled screams as though Jasmine’s mouth was being covered by something. The fact that she did not remember the dream only increased his worry. Suddenly the door opened and the doctor walked out, Jasmine came behind him and smiled at Aladdin. Her eyes were glowing with pride of something special. “What is it?” Aladdin asked his fear turned to relief she wouldn't be smiling like that if it were bad. “I don't know why don't you tell me daddy?” Jasmine asked hugging him. The words hit him like a wave rises and pounds on the sand of the shore. He felt himself get dizzy for a moment, and then returned to a stunned silence. “Aladdin are you okay?” Jasmine asked looking at him. Aladdin snapped out of it and rubbed the back of his neck a sign that he was nervous, “Your..............we're................pregnant?” he stammered in surprise. Jasmine giggled, “I'd say so” she agreed. Tears welled up in Aladdin’s eyes. “You're pregnant!” he said hugging her tightly at first then releasing her quickly and giving her a gentler hug. “Aladdin I'm not porcelain I won't break,” she promised him with a laugh. “How far?” Aladdin asked her curiously, “The doctor says no less than three months,” she said simply. “We have to tell the others,” he said eagerly leading Jasmine to the throne room where the sultans were talking. “Aladdin we can't interrupt them” Jasmine said but he ignored her and walked over to them. “My dear boy whatever is going on?” Jasmine’s father asked. The sultan from the other kingdom looked at him a smile spread over his face, “I know that look” he said. “Father I'm pregnant” Jasmine said with a soft smile a glow had come over her face even more now. The sultan looked at his daughter, “Oh...my” he said simply in shock. Avenborg smiled at the two of them, “congratulations” he said simply and politely. “Thank you Sultan Avenborg” Jasmine said. “Aladdin we should go tell the others,” she suggested as they politely left the two sultans to talk.

“What!” Iago squawked he had returned a short time ago, saying he needed a rest and upon Jasmine’s insistence Cassim was granted forgiveness by the sultan and the only condition. 'If he ever steals again, he will be sentenced to the dungeon once more’ her father had said. “Great not that the mush level could get any higher now we are going to throw in a woman who will no longer be able to control her emotions!” he complained to Abu. Jasmine frowned at him, “Well its my way of saying congratulations” he said shutting his beak. Cassim chuckled at him, and then moved towards Jasmine, “Congratulations my dear” he said simply giving her a hug and then looking at his son. “You'll do much better than I ever could,” he told Aladdin simply and sadly, it was a sobering moment until Genie came in. “we're gonna have a baby! Oh gotta have a baby sitter,” he shouted suddenly an elderly woman who'd been with Jasmine on the balcony before poofed in. “Now dears we must get this palace baby proof and don't worry about the dear baby, Mrs. Doubtfire will take good care of him or her” the woman said. Jasmine smiled and shook her head, “Genie there’s plenty of time to get ready,” she told him with a laugh. The rest of the day was spent in congratulations and other such things.

“Jasmine I can't believe you're actually pregnant” Yesenia said happily to her new friend, she gave her a hug. “I know you should have seen the look on Aladdin’s face” Jasmine giggled light heartedly. Crystal ran in at the moment, “I just heard the news, oh congratulations,” she said happily to Jasmine. “You know there’s just one thing that really worries me, is I only had my mother with me till I was seven” she paused. “What if I'm not good at being a mother?” she asked sadly. Yesenia shook her head, “No way you're going to do great don't worry,” she said trying to reassure Jasmine. Crystal nodded, “Yes you'll do fine Jasmine” she said in agreement. Jasmine smiled, “I'm so glad we're friends” she told them giving them both a hug.

Aisa looked wearily around as she finally arrived at an oasis she'd been traveling for another long day, and worried that they'd be on her trail by now. “Get some water and then move on,” she said simply to herself. It was good to hear a voice any voice even her own, the desert had been to quiet for her taste. As she approached the water hole and was drinking water she noticed a horse. It was riderless but bore a saddle and bridle. It was as if someone knew she'd be there. “Hey” she said gently to the horse, and moved towards the animal that nuzzled her hand eagerly. She took hold of the reins and lead the horse to the watering hole. The animal drank thirstily, and then turned to her. “Is it okay if I ride you?” she asked the animal feeling silly since she knew it wouldn't answer her. But to her surprise it nodded its head, Aisa laughed unsurely and then climbed on the horses back. “Let's go to Agrabah!” she said nudging the horse forward, into a fast walk, and soon they trotted across the desert dunes. The mare’s deep brown hide was covered in sweat before long but she kept moving in spite of both their eagerness to sleep. Soon the sun began to sink into the horizon and in the midst of the sun the most beautiful sight came to her. “Agrabah” she gasped in joy, tears unknown to her fell from her eyes and hit her hands and the horse beneath her. With renewed energy they moved forward and soon were at the gates of the city. “Halt” a guard, said looking at the woman, “Who are you?” he asked her calmly. “My name is Aisa I must speak with the sultan,” she said hoping they'd let her.

Harintish glared at the men, “We will find her, and if she ever escapes again your heads will be on a plate before me” he snarled. He was a rich man powerful but not as powerful as a sultan. “Yes sir we will find her” a guard said running of the room. Harintish glowered at a picture of Aisa, remembering the first time he'd seen the queen of Agrabah.

(Flashback)

“Jasmine dearest please come back,” the queen laughed as she ran after her daughter. Harintish watched her from the shadows he was hear on business, but he'd never expected to find such a beauty. “But mommy, I wanna see the world” Jasmine giggled as she ran about the garden, and then stopped at the fountain. She was seven years old, and very playful. Her mother was so loving and so gentle, and so beautiful in every way. He felt himself lust after her, he wanted her and needed her. How could the sultan have such a beautiful woman be interested in him, especially when she was so much younger? “Why did you stop at the fountain Jasmine?” her mother asked her as she caught up to her. “Because mommy someday someone will come to show me the world, and he will love me like daddy loves you” she said innocently. Aisa smiled at her child and patted her head, “Of course” she said as she hugged her and kissed her forehead. “Someday your prince will come,” she said. Jasmine scrunched her nose, “Does he have to be a prince mommy?” she asked. “Of course he does dear you're a princess” she said simply. Jasmine smiled, “No I'm a girl and I just happen to have the title princess” she said, “So he doesn't have to be a prince. Maybe we'll go on magic carpet rides or adventures. Oh mommy I can't wait to fall in love,” she said with such a childhood innocence that made her mother smile. “Mommy can I have a pet?” Jasmine asked her. Aisa smiled, “Of course but not yet” she said simply. “Oh mommy why?” Jasmine asked in a slightly whiny voice. “We need to talk to your father dearest” she said simply. Harintish slunk off leaving the scene and the two holding each other.

(Back)

Harintish turned to leave the room, for all these years he'd kept her here. She was his, and though she had been married in Agrabah she had been married to him. The thought of her escaping made him angry and he had no intentions of letting her stay gone for long.

Jasmine lounged in the menagerie that night with Aladdin’s arms wrapped around her. She gazed at the stars, and sighed tiredly, “Star light star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may I wish I might have this wish I wish tonight” she said as she closed her eyes and wished that her mother were still alive.

“Sultan, there is a woman who wishes to see you” Rasoul said as a guard lead the woman into the room. Bobolonious looked at her, she seemed so familiar, and he knew in a moment she reminded him of Aisa, she even looked about the right age. “May I help you?” he asked feeling as if he'd seen a ghost. The woman’s eyes were filled with tears when she saw him. “What's wrong?” he asked her. Her green eyes looked at him with such intensity. “May I speak with you alone?” she asked. Rasoul frowned but the sultan waved him off, “Go watch the rest of the palace” he said simply. When they'd gone the woman drew much closer to him, and her tears fell faster. “I never thought I'd see you again Lonious,” she said quivering with such sorrow. His face froze as she said the name that only his wife had called him. “Who are you?” he asked unsure of what else to say. “Its me Aisa, I'm not dead,” she said looking him in the eyes. She bit her lower lip to keep from crying all the harder. She had imagined the reunion a million times before and never had she thought this would be so hard. The sultan felt a tear fall, “I'm sorry, I don't understand,” he said simply. “I was abducted, they made it look like I was dead please believe me” she said getting on her knees at his feet. She grabbed his hands, and cried in his lap. The sultan’s heart was touched, and soon he was also crying. “I always hoped you'd be alive, but I never dared believe it,” the sultan sobbed into her black hair. He moved from the throne to the ground with Aisa and embraced his wife. The two of them remained on the floor of the throne room for a long time just crying, kissing and holding each other. It felt like it'd been two lifetimes since they'd see each other.

Rasoul walked into the garden, “Oh sorry” he said noticing Jasmine and Aladdin sitting there holding each other. They looked so peaceful and happy, and part of him was happy for them. “Its okay Rasoul, we were getting ready to go in” Jasmine said standing up and taking Aladdin’s hand, the two began to walk off. “There’s a woman here speaking to your father” Rasoul paused, “You might want to take a look in,” he said walking away. Jasmine shrugged and she and Aladdin entered into the palace, “Lets go see” she said curious about the woman. “Whatever you want,” Aladdin said tiredly. They walked through the high ceilinged halls and then entered the throne room. Jasmine looked at the image of her father and a woman with black hair sitting on the floor talking as though they'd known each other at one time. When they looked towards her Jasmine knew in a moment’s time who the woman was. “M...........mother?” she asked skeptically, a part of her believed it and a part of her was torn as to who this was. “Jasmine, my dearest” Aisa said as she looked at her not so little girl, she jumped from the floor and ran and embraced her. “Oh my dear daughter, how I've missed you, I never thought I'd see you again!” Aisa said tears once more flowing down her cheeks and into Jasmine’s hair. “But how?” Jasmine asked. “I'll tell you but first you might want to sit down and get comfortable,” Aisa said simply. The four sat together talking and trading stories, reminiscing about before the abduction.

The man glared down at the vision of Agrabah, it'd been a few days since Aisa had run, and they'd searched the area of the desert as far as they thought she would have made it, but found nothing. Agrabah was where they would find her and Harintish knew this. “Lets go and no one moves until I say,” he added warily.

Jasmine sat in the menagerie with her mother, “I just can't believe you're here, all this time we thought you were dead, but I always hoped that you were alive,” Jasmine was saying to her mother. Aisa had rested from her run, and was enjoying the company of her family very much. “I remember when you were just a little girl, and you would day dream about falling in love” Aisa said with a smile. “Now please tell me again about the story of how you met Aladdin?” she asked. “He is quite a gentleman, and I am so glad you found him” she added. Jasmine smiled, “I got mad after prince Achmed came here, and I decided it was time to see the world. Like I'd said to you, only I was going alone. So I climbed a tree and set out to see Agrabah” Jasmine continued on her story as she and her mother sat side by side holding each other.

Aladdin watched Jasmine and her mother from the balcony of they're room, a smile was on his face. He was happy that Jasmine had found her mother, though a part of him was sad about his own mother. Unlike Jasmine he'd watched his mother die, he'd seen her face as she left this world. She was once a beautiful vibrant woman who just faded with the hardships that her frail body could not survive. A tear fell from his eyes and then he wiped it away. He pushed the thought aside as the sultan entered the room. He gazed down at his wife and daughter, “My heart only dreamed of this day Aladdin, but it never dared hope. Jasmine did dare to hope,” he said with such feeling. His eyes teared up as he watched them talking, and even laughing together. “I will not let Harintish harm her ever again,” the sultan vowed. “I won't let him either” Aladdin said reassuring the sultan that he was not alone. “I know now where Jasmine gets her love for life from” Aladdin said with a smile. “Yes her mother has always been very much in love with life and living to the fullest,” he agreed.

Rasoul walked in, “I am sorry to disturb either of you, but it seems a band of men is approaching upon Agrabah. They don't look like they have good intentions sire” Rasoul said. The sultan frowned, “Lead them in but keep the guards wide eyed and don't let them out of your sight I want to meet this fowl creature. Next Rasoul find your best men and have them help Aladdin watch over Aisa and Jasmine I don't want that man that coward to harm them,” the sultan added. “Yes sir” Rasoul said and left the room, soon two guards came in and they followed Aladdin down to the menagerie.

“Jasmine, Aisa I'm sorry but Harintish is here, and he’s entering the city, so we're watching over you” Aladdin said simply. Aisa shivered in fear for herself and even her daughter. “Why is he being allowed into the city?” she asked. “The Sultan wishes to see him, and I don't think its going to be good for Harintish” Aladdin explained. Jasmine saw the anger, fear, and worry in her mother’s eyes. “You don't have to see that monster again” Jasmine reassured her. Aisa sighed, “I know, but the thought of him so close it’s just, I'm so angry at him, and I hate him so much. Dearest I've never hated anyone as I do him,” she said. The expression on her face was that of pain and loss, scares of the abuse over the years. The torture she'd been through, and so much she just couldn't bear to tell her daughter. Her green eyes were filled with mystery now to even her husband, her Lonious, the love of her life. But she knew soon enough she would be able to tell them, she'd have the heart to talk. For now she wanted to avoid such a painful subject as this. “Aisa, I promise he won't get within sight of you” Aladdin said moving towards her and placing his hand atop her own and squeezing it reassuringly. Aisa smiled, “Jasmine you truly did find a prince” she said with a relieved smile.

Harintish followed the guards as told and not one of his men went and tried anything they'd make their move at the palace. “Follow me” a tall guard said with a low growl of threat to his voice. “I am warning you Harintish you make any moves that we don't like we won't hesitate to kill you” Rasoul said he was feeling very wary around this man. He’s long ago seen the damage the monster had done and realized that if it happened again he would not be able to live with himself. “Threats are not needed” Harintish said smoothly. Rasoul grumbled something under his breath as he and all the guards led the man to the palace.

Bobolonious frowned angrily at the man as he entered the throne room; never had he looked at any one not even Jafar with such hatred and contempt. “Your majesty, these are the men” Rasoul said with a quick bow he moved to the side of the sultan and waited. The sultan’s lower lip trembled in an effort to control himself; he pulled himself up to his full height. Harintish watched the man coolly, “It seems we share the same wife,” he said as if it were no big deal. Bobolonious frowned even more, “I don't think so Harintish, you stole her from us from her family. You forced her into marriage with you, and she was already marriage, you have no right to come here, in fact I don't know why you came here. Did you think I'd just let you stroll in and take her back, did you think there'd be no punishment?” the sultan asked angrily. he'd never sounded so sure of himself, and the strength in his voice surprised even Rasoul. Harintish flinched slightly, “I did not come unarmed,” he growled angrily. “She isn't going with you, and I hereby sentence you to death!” the sultan said raising his voice as he spoke. “Rasoul arrest this man and his minions,” the sultan ordered. The guards moved towards the men, and quickly removed their swords, unseen by the others because he was behind them Genie glared at the men. Harintish’s face turned white as a sheet, the genie looked as though he'd kill him right there on the spot if Genie’s were allowed to. Rasoul gruffly grabbed the man’s arms and tied him. “You within the hour” the sultan said he had no wish for these men to have the day and night to escape and harm his wife or daughter.

“Lonious are you sure this is what you want?” Aisa asked her husband calmly. The sultan paced the room, “It’s the only way to protect you and Jasmine,” he said seriously. He rubbed his beard as he always did when he was truly worried. Aisa smiled gently at her husband, she loved him so much. Standing she walked over to him and knelt down a little, “There are other ways,” she said with a sincere smile. “What other ways?” the sultan asked. “Genie could send them somewhere far from here” Aisa said gently. Lonious stopped and looked at her, “But don't you want him punished, don't you want to see that monster die? After all he did to you, to me, and to Jasmine?” he asked in confusion. Aisa sighed and tears welled in her eyes as her throat tightened and then she spoke, “I do that’s what frightens me” a tear fell from her eyes and slowly flowed down her cheek. “What...at?” the sultan asked stunned by his wife’s reaction and answer. She shivered again and hugged him, “I never wanted to see anyone dead before, but for the first time in my life........I do, I want to watch him suffer in pain, and die, and I want it so badly that it frightens me. But I also am afraid of myself for that reason. Lonious I love you and I love Jasmine, I do. But I can't watch him die, I can't do it, I may as well raise the sword and do the deed myself if I'm to see it” she said holding onto him. “My dear sweet Aisa, shhhh” he said hugging her. “We will do as you have asked, Genie will send them far away” he said calmly. Aisa looked up at him and sighed with relief, “I love you Lonious I love you so much” she said the words feeling the same feeling she'd felt all those years ago, love.

“Harintish for what you did you should die, but you will not, instead Genie will be sending you and all your men somewhere else far from here and you will never harm my family again!” the sultan said. “Weak fool” Harintish mocked. Aisa glared at the man from beside her husband, “No you are the weak fool,” she said solemnly. “He is no fool” she added with a glare. Jasmine frowned at the man, “I really hope you change” she told him. Aladdin put his arm over her shoulder, and warily watched the men; there were plenty of guards around to protect them should they try anything not to mention Genie. “Okay lets see.... ah yes Iceland sounds like a wonderful place for you...no wait Siberia yeah somewhere nice and *cold*” Genie said. With a snap of his fingers all of the men were dressed in warmer clothing and then in a blast of magic they disappeared.

Harintish looked around them, snow blew around furiously and a cold wind nipped at him and his men. He shivered as the cold grew so much to bear, perhaps the sultan hadn't been a fool he thought grudgingly as he and his men tried to find a place to get warmed up. Soon they found a cave, and started a fire, “At least they didn't find my two most faithful servants” he said to himself as they started a fire.

Karnitsh watched the palace from his hiding place in the tree, which lay in the menagerie. Those fools thought his master would be unprepared. Well no matter, even though the man he worked for was gone, he had no intentions of leaving. Orders were clear, 'if anything happens to me kill her, I won't let another man have her’ Harintish had said. He looked over at Jes`n, “tonight” he whispered to the man. The two made themselves comfortable in the tree for the time being they waited for the dark of night to attack them.

Aisa lay down next to her husband and sighed with happiness as his arms surrounded her once more. She soon fell into a deep sleep, a rest that she hadn't had in years. The sultan watched her sleep with a smile on his face. Finally he kissed her cheek and then went to sleep himself.

Jasmine curled up next to Aladdin and fell asleep almost immediately; Aladdin listened for any sounds of disturbance but heard none for a while. Until an almost unhearable pitter-patter came along, and quiet whispers. Quickly and even more quietly then the people he moved from beside Jasmine, and made his way to the door. He peaked out quickly but saw no one, he was sure the voices were coming from near the sultan’s bedroom. “We are going to kill her” a voice said calmly. Aladdin’s heart leapt as he realized that these men were here to harm Jasmine’s mother. Quickly he moved towards the lamp and rubbed it. Genie came out and yawned, but quickly saw the indication to keep quiet. “What is it Al?” he asked. “Stay here and don't let anyone come near Jasmine. Two men are here to kill her mother,” he said calmly. Genie saluted and waited by the bed keeping an eye out for any trouble. Aladdin heard someone else moving, and quickly looked out to his surprise he saw Rasoul moving towards the voices. He followed the guard and the two nodded at each other in the dark. Soon they were behind two men who apparently were to busy whispering that they didn't notice them. “Halt!” Rasoul said as they came behind the men. Quickly they whirled around and drew their swords Aladdin frowned he was unarmed. Rasoul charged at the tallest man, he had a beard that was brown and deeply tanned skin. The other man was Aladdin’s height but no less threatening. He charged at him and slashed with his sword. Aladdin dove out of the way and then leapt to his feet. At the sudden noise in the hall a few guards came running to their assistance and one threw Aladdin a sword, which he caught easily. Soon the men were trapped into giving up their weapons after a quick bit of teamwork from the guards and Aladdin.

“Oh...my” the sultan said as he bolted upright in bed, Aisa sat up in surprise as well. They heard the scurrying in the hallway and waited to see what happened. They could make out Rasoul’s and Aladdin’s voices, and a couple of strange men then a few guards. The sultan held his wife in his arms as they waited for the fighting to end in hopes that Aladdin and Rasoul won. Soon the door opened and Rasoul entered, “I'm sorry for the disturbance two men were about to attack you, Aladdin, myself, and a couple of the other guards have taken care of them you are safe to sleep now” he said with a bow. He closed the door, and left them both looking after him. Aisa lay down again and hugged Bobolonious, “I'm so glad they didn't let them get through to us” Aisa said remembering Harintish’s threat of if she ever left and he found her there would be consequences to pay. “I'm glad they won to” the sultan said wearily hugging his wife.

“Aladdin what happened?” Jasmine asked as he entered the room, she'd been awoken by the fight and loud voices. “Its okay we took care of them and the two men who were here are gone now” Aladdin said simply trying not to worry her. She looked at him tiredly and wondering if there was more for the time though she was tired. Genie smiled at Al and then went back into his lamp. Aladdin pulled back the blankets and crawled under them once more snuggling up to his wife. “I love you Jasmine,” he said simply. “I love you too Aladdin” she said drowsily and soon only the sound of occasional footsteps of a guard and deep breathing could be heard through the night. The desert wind brought a promise of another day, one renewed of hope and peace. The dreams that filled Jasmine’s head that night were not forgotten for they were of her mother’s message to her so long ago. The hope that had been vanishing renewed itself, and into that hope went the future.

Until Another Arabian Night...May Hope Remain with you