Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Only for You, Dear Jasmine by Sindie
[Reviews - 2] Printer

- Text Size +
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: All characters used in this fanfic are copyright of Disney and were used without permission, but with care and love!
Only for You, Dear Jasmine

A light blue vapor came out of the brass lamp resting on the stone of a large window that revealed a spectacular view of the palace. The vapor continued to grow in length until Genie popped out of it. He looked dreamingly at Agrabah and rested his arms on the ledge. He smiled and sighed lightly.
"Ah, what another beautiful day, and what a wonderful dream I had. Eden and I travelled to the moon on a spaceship and had dinner looking at the stars. Oh, Al, did you have a dream about your special gal too?"
Genie turned to Aladdin's bed to see it empty. He quickly turned into a dog and sniffed out the hovel. When he found no trace of him, he turned back.
"Al!" he exclaimed. "Where are you?"
Hearing Genie's voice, Carpet awoke and quickly flew over to him, smacking Iago in the face while he was still asleep.
"What?!" Iago yelled. "Hey, do you mind? I was trying to sleep!"
"Hey!" Genie replied. "Do you know where Aladdin is?"
"Does it look like I know? Geez, I wasasleep...out cold! How should I know?"
"Okay! Don't freak out! I was just wondering..."
"Really? You mean, you actually had some brain activity going on in that dead head of yours?"
Hearing the commotion going on between Genie and Iago, Abu awoke and scowled at them, shaking his fist.
"Hey, chill down, Monkey-Boy," Genie said. "We, or should I say I, didn't mean to wake you up."
"Well," Iago began calmly, "I'm not gonna waste my morning hanging out with a smelly monkey and a crazy genie just so I can ponder where the kid went. It just so happens that I have a little shopping to do with my treasure."
"Hey!" Genie intervened. "This is our treasure, remember? We all got it from Neptune's Triangle."
"Sure, whatever."
Iago went to the pile of gold and jewels hidden behind a rug covering the wall. His eyes grew large at the sight before him, and he turned around in a fury.
"You stupid monkey!" he yelled at Abu. "How could you do this?!"
Abu grew angry and scolded Iago. Genie went over to the scene and looked at the treasure.
"Hey," he began. "Half of it is missing."
"Very good, Einstein," Iago rudely remarked. "Like I couldn't have told you that."
Just as Genie and Iago were about to begin arguing again, a voice was heard from behind them.
"Hey, guys! I see you're all awake!"
Aladdin came into the hovel and sat down by the window. Genie smiled and went over to him, making legs appear so he could sit down.
"So, Al? Where were you?"
"Oh, I had to get a little something for Jasmine," he smiled slyly. "This is for Jasmine."
He pulled a small box out of his pocket and held it up for his friends to see.
"Tonight is a very special night. I'm going to the palace to give this to her."
"Ooo, a special night," Genie teased. "A little time with the little lady. So, Al, what do you have planned?"
"A special night!" Iago exclaimed in excitement. "At the palace? Is the sultan throwing a party?"
"No," Aladdin smiled, obviously hiding something, "this night is just for me and Jasmine."
"Oh, how wonderful!" Genie joyfully shouted.
"You mean, you're going to the palace without us?" Iago began. "Why? What, we're not good enough."
"No, Iago. It's nothing like that. It's just that I really need to be alone with Jasmine this time. Think of all the time I spend with you guys. Most of the time when I am with Jasmine, you are with us too. I just feel this occasion needs to be romantic."
"Oh, is that so?" Iago continued, beginning to lose his temper. "What could possibly be so important that you would have to be with Jasmine alone?"
"This," Aladdin said, opening up the box to reveal a diamond ring.
"Wow!" Genie yelled. "What a beautiful present!"
"So, that's where the treasure went!" Iago shouted. "You stole it!"
"I didn't steal anything. I gave that up, remember? Besides, I didn't use that much. You still have plenty. You, Iago, did not really contribute much to our trip except complaints, like usual. You don't understand how important this is to me. I guess you don't know what romance is."
"I don't really care to engross myself in that kind of mush! It's not me! And what do you mean about me not helping? I do my share!"
"Yeah," Genie laughed. "Your share of complaining!"
"What about your fling with Thundra?"
"That...that's different."
"Oh," Aladdin said. "How so?"
"Look, I don't know. Just forget it! You've got me too angry to concentrate!"
Aladdin simply smiled and shook his head. He whistled for Carpet and took off for the palace. The sultan greeted him with open arms as he entered through the front doors.
"Welcome, my boy!" he cheered. "So, how has your day been?"
"Well, Sultan, it's been fine, but I think tonight will be the real test of that."
"Are you nervous?"
"Well, a little..."
"Oh, don't be. Jasmine is still dressing. She'll be out shortly."
Aladdin nodded and sat down at the dinner table. He rested his head in his hands and sighed heavily. This was it. This was the night that would change everything. Why, this would be the first time his life ever changed so much since he met her. She surely was the greatest thing that ever happened to him. Aladdin smiled at the vision of Jasmine smiling at him, looking into his eyes. She was so incredibly beautiful! That long hair that tantalized him as it danced across his outstretched arms...and so black as the desert nights they saw from her balcony. Her eyes shimmered like the stars in the sky, and Aladdin found himself lost in the deep brown on her pupils like a man chasing a dream. Jasmine was beyond anything he could have ever imagined in his life, and he held tightly on to her, never ceasing to love her.
"Aladdin," said a gentle voice.
He brought his face up and looked at Jasmine as she walked into the dining room. She was dressed in a finely tailored dark purple dress, and her hair was in a series of twists piled on the top of her head.
"Wow..."
Jasmine let out a little giggle and seated herself beside Aladdin. The cook brought out the salad and placed it in front of them. Aladdin placed a couple leaves of lettuce and a tomato on his plate, never taking his eyes off Jasmine the whole time. He nervously tried to cut his lettuce with his knife and brought the whole leaf to his month when he failed to cut it. He stuffed the leaf into his month quickly and chewed loudly.
Jasmine looked at Aladdin and giggled at his noisy chewing. She saw him stick his fork into the tomato, and just as the blades penetrated the coat, a bit of juice squirted out on to his shirt. He looked down to see a red stain on the white fabric and laughed nervously.
"Oops," he said dumbly.
"You're acting strange tonight," Jasmine began. "Is something wrong?"
"Wro...wrong? No, nothing's wrong."
"Well, if you say so."
The rest of the meal was quiet, and Aladdin didn't eat very much at all. After they finished, they retired to Jasmine's chambers. She sat on some pillows and leaned against the wall by the window.
"Look at the stars," she smiled. "Aren't they beautiful?"
"Oh, yeah...they're wonderful."
"You've been so quiet since the moment you arrived, Aladdin. Are you sure nothing is wrong?"
"Well, there was a little dispute at my hovel earlier today."
"Oh, about what?"
"The guys noticed that half of the treasure we got from our last trip was missing."
"Who took it?"
"I did."
"You? Why?"
"Well, uh..."
Why is this so hard? I've known Jasmine for over a year now. This is ridiculous...
"Well?"
"Jasmine, I love you with all my heart."
"Oh, Aladdin, I love you too, but what does that have to do with what happened earlier?"
"Let me tell you, Jasmine! This day has been something else. It's so incredibly difficult to get away from the guys just so I can be with you. I wanted this is to the perfect evening...just the two of us, and I've been ruining it all night."
"Oh, Aladdin. It doesn't matter what I do with you. All that matters is that I am with you. You mean too much to me to let one silly night ruin what we have. We have each other, and I want that forever."
"I want to be together forever too, Jasmine. And that is why I give you this."
Aladdin opened the box in his hands to reveal a diamond ring. He gently took Jasmine's hand in his and placed the ring on her finger.
"Jasmine, will you marry me?"
Tears of joy came to Jasmine's eyes. She smiled ear to ear and hugged Aladdin tightly.
"Yes, Aladdin! I will marry you! I love you!"
"And I love you!"

The End