Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Reunions by MysticMeg
[Reviews - 8] Printer

- Text Size +
REUNIONS
A Disney Aladdin “fan-fic”
by: MysticMeg


“So many times Xerxes, too many times,” Mozenrath growled from his throne. He rubbed at his temples as his creature swam around his neck. “So many times,” he continued, “have my plans been foiled.” He looked down at his gauntlet and it glowed faintly. “I want power Xerxes, I need it!” Mozenrath slammed his tightly clasped fist onto the armrest of the throne. Xerxes jumped and floated farther away from his master in fear.
Mozenrath sighed, and again went to rubbing his temples, “But there is always something in my way. Always something or someone in my way.”
“Street-rat?” Xerxes asked, mustering his courage.
Mozenrath glared at the slug, “Yes, that street-rat. He has everything he ever wanted, everything was handed to him. I worked for everything that I have! I’ve given my soul and very essence to obtain what I have! Who is he to stop me from gaining more? Who is he to stop me from taking the magic that Destane worked his entire life to get? I will find that magic Xerxes, and I will take control of the Seven Deserts.” Mozenrath finished, and lowered his voice.
“Master want Destane’s magic?” Xerxes asked.
Mozenrath jerked again to look at his pet, “What did you say?”
Xerxes shivered with fear and slunk away, “Destane’s hidden power. Master want it?”
“Yes, of course, what have I been saying you worthless creature!?
Xerxes cowered in fear, “Then why Master not just go get it? Destane’s magic in castle.”
“Why didn’t I think of this before? Destane had to have hid the magic he did have somewhere in here…I just have to find it and then I’ll have the very source of his power. Xerxes, you’re a genius!” Mozenrath exclaimed jumping up from his throne.
“Xerxes knows where it is,” Xerxes exclaimed with glee.
Mozenrath turned to look at him, “You do?”
“Destane show me.”
“Xerxes,” Mozenrath sleuthed, “I think you just may have proven worth something to me. And Destane cast you off to me because he didn’t see you’re worth… what a fool!” Mozenrath headed out of the room.
Xerxes floated behind gleaming with pride, when Mozenrath grabbed him by his neck, “Let’s go!”

*~*~*~*~*

“Come on Carpet, let’s go,” Aladdin hurried excitedly. Carpet soared out over the golden desert as fast as he could. Aladdin held to his front tassels tightly, the wind whipping his black hair every which way. Carpet sped up a little more and Aladdin struggled to keep his eyes open against the velocity.
A bright red race car pulled up mid-air next to the speeding carpet. Genie sat inside dressed in full racer uniform. “What’s the rush Al?” Genie asked looking over at him. Abu sat inside with Genie, holding on for dear life, his eyes wide open.
Aladdin looked over at the pair, “I need to get home to Jasmine.”
“What’s the matter, she sick?” Genie asked.
“No, it’s nothing like that Genie, I just want to get home,” Aladdin replied, laughing a bit. Carpet started through a small canyon, and Genie flattened himself to let them both pass through safely. After they came out of the exit of the canyon, he transformed him, the car, and Abu back to normal.
“I’m sure she’s just as eager to see you Al. How long have we been gone? A month?”
“Too long,” Aladdin replied.
Genie nodded, “Yeah, that Prince Sinvesta liked to talk a lot, didn’t he?”
Aladdin glared at him, “He wouldn’t have if someone didn’t give him everything to talk about. Half the time we were there we talked about something totally irrelevant, instead of the trade routes we were sent to discuss.”
Genie blushed in shame, “Sorry.”
“It doesn’t matter now, we’re almost home. Let’s just hope the sultan doesn’t decide to send us on a trip like this for a long time.”
Carpet soared through the desert, and the little kingdom of Agrabah came slowly into full view.

*~*~*~*~*

Jasmine sighed as she lay on a fainting couch in her and Aladdin’s massive bedroom. Rajah lay at her side, and purred encouragingly. Jasmine reached down and patted him softly on his head.
“Oh Rajah,” Jasmine huffed, “he’s been gone too long. I miss him.”
Rajah just rolled his eyes and let his head drop down back to his paws. Jasmine laughed, “Rajah, that’s not nice.” Rajah let out a tiny growl, and closed his eyes.
Jasmine rolled over on her back and looked towards her ceiling, daydreaming. The curtains out to her balcony swayed slightly in the breeze, and she looked out towards the bright day. Her eyes became heavier and heavier, and finally she drifted off to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*

Carpet floated up towards the balcony of Aladdin and Jasmine’s room. Aladdin peered in, and saw Jasmine lying on the couch. He smiled and turned to Genie.
“Go tell the Sultan we’re home. I want to surprise Jasmine.”
Genie saluted in a soldier’s fashion “Aye, aye Cap-e-tan,” he boomed and headed with Abu towards the throne room. Carpet pulled up next to the railing and Aladdin jumped off. Carpet then followed Genie to greet the sultan.
Aladdin walked up to the sheer curtains and peered in. Rajah jerked his head up a bit, huffed. Aladdin smiled at him as he came up next to the couch where Jasmine was lying.
Jasmine stirred a bit as she felt a soft touch sweep a hair off her face. She awoke slowly and opened her eyes. As her vision focused Aladdin came into view. She gasped, and jumped into his arms.
Aladdin laughed and steadied himself from falling, stepping on Rajah’s tail. Rajah yelped in pain and ran from the couple out of the room. Aladdin looked after him before turning back to Jasmine. Jasmine simply smiled and pulled his indigo vest hard before kissing him on the lips.
Aladdin wrapped his arms around her waist and hair and returned the gesture.
“I missed you so much,” Jasmine exclaimed after she let him go.
“I missed you to, I’m so sorry it took so long,” Aladdin replied, holding her hand.
“It doesn’t matter, you’re home now. It’s been so quiet here without you guys.”
Aladdin laughed, “Well right now all I want is some peace and quiet without the guys.”
“Does father know you’re home yet?” Jasmine asked.
“No, well, Genie went down to tell him, but I haven’t seen him yet.”
Jasmine took his hand, “well, let’s go see him. The quicker we can get you back settled in, the quicker we’ll have time to ourselves.”
Aladdin allowed himself to be dragged out of the room, “Yeah, just some peace and quiet.”

*~*~*~*~*

Xerxes led Mozenrath deeper and deeper down a narrow staircase. Mozenrath followed behind, his gauntlet lighting the way. Xerxes floated nervously, watching his step.
“Xerxes, let’s go!” Mozenrath demanded from behind. “I will not wait a minute longer for Destane’s magic.”
Xerxes gulped and headed farther down. He came to a dead-end wall, and turned around. Mozenrath stopped and stared, “You got us lost? You don’t know where it is?” His gauntlet glowed brighter and brighter and he zapped Xerxes in the tail. Xerxes yelped, and eyes went wide.
“No master, magic here! Magic here!” Xerxes almost begged his master to mercy him.
Mozenrath looked towards the wall closer and notice the Arabian markings on the front. Slowly, he began to read.
“Magic that lies within evil can not be destroyed.” Mozenrath smiled, “you got that right.” He kept reading, and as he did his smile faded.
“Evil magic simply fades away to a dim ember never to be burned again. Magic within the good never dims, and never dies. It swells through the body like an ever-flaming fire. Good always prevails for the Diamond in the Rough.”
Mozenrath scoffed, “Why would Destane have something like that inscribed on his wall?”
Xerxes shrugged. Mozenrath looked from him to the wall. “Diamond in the Rough, isn’t that the only one who can enter the “Cave of Wonders”?”
Xerxes again shrugged, “Master get magic?”
Mozenrath concentrated again on the wall, “Yes Xerxes… I would… IF I KNEW HOW!”
Xerxes shrunk back and looked wide-eyed at his master. Mozenrath glared down at him, and his gauntlet began to glow. Xerxes shrunk back into the wall, pinned. Mozenrath was about to unleash his furry when the walls began to tremble.
Mozenrath looked around bewildered, and then the wall tore open. Mozenrath stared in awe, and Xerxes floated up behind him and did the same. The sorcerer knocked him back and climbed into the small hidden chamber.
It was a small room, dimly lit by magic torches. Mozenrath stared around at the carvings and markings on the wall, “How could I not have known about this?” he whispered. Xerxes followed his master inside and gawked.
In the middle a small glass case stood, lights glimmering off of it. Inside the case was a beautiful sapphire. Mozenrath went over to inspect the jewel. Inside of the jewel, sparks of yellow electric sparks went off and on again.
“So much power Xerxes, so much power right at my hands,” Mozenrath whispered gleefully. He went to touch the glass case when a huge zap of magic went surging through his body blasting him back. Xerxes stared down at him.
Mozenrath lay still with his eyes closed. Suddenly they shot open, and Xerxes jumped back in fear. To the slug’s surprise however, Mozenrath began to laugh. He picked himself up.
“Oh yes Xerxes, so much power! I need it!” Mozenrath yelled. He circled the casing and laughed some more. Xerxes watched, the light shadowing his face.
Mozenrath stopped; a tiny stone with writing on it stood at his feet. He lifted it up with his magic and began reading it. “Anyone can take magic by hand, but only the one’s who can control their own magic can have the power.”
Mozenrath looked back at the casing, and then down on his gauntlet. “So, it’s going to be the hard way.” He stepped back from the casing, and his gauntlet started to glow a haunting blue. He lifted his hand up, and his magic surrounded the casing.
He laughed, and the case began to lift. Once Mozenrath saw that the casing was totally off he threw it against the wall and it shattered into pieces. Mozenrath stopped his magic and walked back up to the unprotected gem.
“Xerxes, the Universe is mine,” he whispered. Xerxes swam in short circles laughing evilly as he watched his master cautiously pick the gem out of its holder and smiled with triumph.

*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin and Jasmine sat at the foot of the fountain in the palace menagerie. Jasmine giggled every once in awhile as Aladdin told her the stories of the trip.
“He did not,” she giggled.
Aladdin laughed, “Yes he did Jasmine! Prince Sinvesta looked just like a little mouse.”
Jasmine laughed again, and put her head on his shoulder. “I really missed you.”
Aladdin nodded, “I missed you to Jasmine. It’s was way to long.”
Jasmine sighed, and laid put her hand across his chest, “Your father stopped by.”
Aladdin looked down at her in surprise, “He did?”
“Yeah, he and Iago stopped by. He seemed disappointed that you weren’t here.”
“Did he mention where he is living at now?”
Jasmine looked back up at him, “Why?”
“I want to see him again Jasmine,” Aladdin replied softly.
“I thought you said that it didn’t bother you he hasn’t shown up since the wedding,” Jasmine asked, looking into his eyes.
“That’s when I thought he didn’t want to be with me,” Aladdin returned. He stood up and walked away from her a few steps.
“Back at the layer,” Jasmine answered.
“He’s back at the forty thieves’ home?”
“Yeah, that’s what he said, he and Iago.”
Aladdin went to reply when Genie appeared out of thin air. Aladdin didn’t look at him, just down at his feet.
“Did I umm… interrupt something important?” he asked looking from Jasmine and Aladdin who both ignored his glances.
“Cassim is back,” Jasmine huffed.
“Oh, well this could cause some emotional scarring,” Genie replied. Aladdin found himself lying on a couch with Genie sitting over him holding a scroll in his hand. “And how does this make you feel Al?”
Aladdin jumped up and tore the scroll out of Genie’s hand, “It doesn’t Genie.”
Genie looked hurt at Aladdin’s gesture, “I’m sorry Al.”
“Don’t listen to him Genie, he wants to see him,” Jasmine interrupted, throwing her arms over Aladdin.
Aladdin looked back at him, “I didn’t say that Jasmine.”
Before Jasmine could return, a light flashed in front of them. Aladdin shielded Jasmine. Genie created a pair of sunglasses and put them on to shade himself from the light. When the light faded, the small group looked up to see the cause.
Mozenrath stood in front of them, grinning evilly. Aladdin put himself in front of Jasmine and Genie came up next to him.
“Mozenrath,” Aladdin growled.
“Why Aladdin, did you miss me?” Mozenrath teased. Xerxes flew out from behind him, and laughed.
Aladdin didn’t answer; instead he stood there and glared. “Alright Moze, what do you want?” Genie mustered.
Mozenrath turned his attention back to him, “Oh nothing out of the usual. World domination, all the power of the Seven Deserts, same as always.”
“Get out of here Mozenrath,” Jasmine chimed from behind Aladdin. She came out and stood firmly beside him.
“Ah, princess, how nice of you to join us,” Mozenrath sleuthed. “You’re as beautiful as ever, if I may.”
Aladdin jumped in front of her again, “What makes you so sure you’ll get away with this? It’s never worked before.”
Mozenrath looked from Jasmine back to Aladdin, “Well, I’ve never had this before.” Mozenrath raised his gauntlet and a purple light shot out of it and hit Aladdin square in the chest. Aladdin flew back into the fountain, smacking his head on the flower spout. He slumped down in the water, unconscious.
“ALADDIN!” Jasmine screamed running towards him. A bright light surrounded and her, and she floated in mid-air. She looked around, and saw Mozenrath holding her back. She looked back to Aladdin who lay still under the water. “MOZENRATH LEAVE ME ALONE!” She demanded, fighting his magic.
Genie rushed over to his friend, but was blasted back by Mozenrath also. He yelped, and jumped out of the way from another blast. “Al, hold on!”
Jasmine kept struggling to get away from Mozenrath, but she couldn’t defeat his magic. From the corner of her eye she saw Carpet soaring down towards the fountain. She noticed Mozenrath’s glare still on her, and struggled to keep his attention.
Carpet flew as fast as he could towards the fountain where Aladdin was drowning. He swooped down, and Jasmine waited for him to re-emerge. Suddenly, Carpet came out of the glistening water with the unconscious Aladdin.
“Go Carpet, get Aladdin out of here!” Jasmine ordered. Mozenrath yelled in defeat, and let Jasmine drop. She screamed as she plunged for the ground. She braced herself for the fall when she dropped on a pile of huge feathers. Genie emerged next to her, and watched as Mozenrath shot his magic towards his two friends.
Mozenrath shot his purple magic in pure anger, but Carpet was too agile. He quickly flew out over the desert with Aladdin and quickly disappeared out of sight.
Mozenrath shot his magic into the ground and it rumbled again. Genie picked Jasmine up and began running. Jasmine felt herself again stop and she turned as Mozenrath sucked her back in. She screamed and fell to the ground.
Genie turned around and gasped, “JAS!” Mozenrath shot him down, and threw Jasmine into him.
He breathed heavily, “The street-rat may have gotten away this time but you two won’t be so lucky.”
Xerxes swam around Jasmine’s neck, and she shoved him away. “I wouldn’t do that princess,” Mozenrath sleuthed, “because trust me, you’ll need to get used to everything that belongs to me.” He laughed and Jasmine cringed as she leaned into Genie’s chest.
Genie just watched in horror as Mozenrath got ready to overpower them both.

*~*~*~*~*

Carpet made his way over the city and out towards the desert. He found a small oasis not far outside the city, and stopped. He came down between the tall palm tress and gently laid Aladdin on the warm sand. He peered down on his friend, wiping the hair from his face with his golden tassels.
Aladdin began to stir as the hot sun dried him off. Suddenly his eyes shot open and he sat up quickly, holding his head. “Carpet, where’s Jasmine?”
Carpet held Aladdin’s back for extra support, and drew a picture of Xerxes in the sand.
“Mozenrath has Jasmine?” Aladdin asked in worry. Carpet nodded, and then drew a picture of Genie next the previous drawn Xerxes. “He has Genie too!”
Carpet nodded sadly and floated around. “There was something about Mozenrath this time Carpet. He had more power, more confidence. He’s definitely up to something big.”
Carpet again nodded his agreement. Aladdin stood up and steadied himself. “We have to get back to the palace. I have to figure this out.” Aladdin jumped on Carpet who soared back out into the desert straight for the small city of Agrabah.

*~*~*~*~*

“Jas? Jasmine?” Jasmine heard a faint voice calling her name. She stirred lightly when a terrible pain hit her head. She grabbed it in pain, and whimpered, then sat up. Her vision came in and out, but when it finally cleared she saw Genie’s worried stare looking down on her.
“Genie, what’s going on?” Jasmine asked, trying to pick herself up. Genie helped her steady herself before letting go. Jasmine finally had the time to look around. They were stuck in a small cell, no bigger than the dungeons at the palace. Bars surrounded two out of the four walls, and there were small benches for the only resting place.
“Mozenrath,” Jasmine whispered.
“Yeah, that’s where we are, psycho-boy’s camp of fun,” Genie replied sarcastically.
Jasmine staggered a little bit and stood before the bars, she went to lean against them. Genie began to cry out protest, but it was too late. Jasmine felt a large pain go through her body and she flew into the wall adjacent to the one she had touched.
Genie floated over quickly and picked her up. Jasmine grabbed her head, anger steeled over her eyes.
“Sorry?” Genie asked with large, real, puppy dog eyes.
“It’s not your fault Genie. Mozenrath is more powerful this time, isn’t he?”
A dark figure stepped from behind the wall leading to a set of stairs, “Why yes princess, I am.”
Jasmine and Genie looked up to see Mozenrath staring down on them. He smiled evilly and a look of triumph aired about him.
“Why you little rat with a turban,” Genie marched up to where Mozenrath was standing. Mozenrath smiled, and zapped him back harshly against the wall. Genie staggered a little bit before falling down on the ground.
Jasmine ran over to him and picked up his head, “Genie wake up!”
“Mommy, that camel ate my buttercup,” Genie mumbled to himself before falling back unconscious. Jasmine looked up at Mozenrath in fear and anger.
“Mozenrath, what do you want with us?” Jasmine pleaded.
Mozenrath seemed to draw pleasure from her pain, and his smile expanded. “Aladdin’s a fool. He’ll do anything to save his friends, and especially his princess.”
Jasmine looked up at him in alarm, “What has Aladdin done to you?”
“He’s stopped me from gaining the power I rightfully should own. He got more power than I ever dreamed at one point, just by rubbing a lamp. He hasn’t had to make any sacrifices to obtain what he has! Now I ask you; is that really fair?” Mozenrath’s tone made Jasmine jump.
“You’re jealous of Aladdin,” she sleuthed. “He has the hope, future, power, and love that you’ll never have. Now you want what’s his. You’re going to try and take his life because that’s what you do. You don’t try and make a life for yourself, you just steal others.”
Mozenrath glared down on her, “I would loose that attitude princess, you have no idea the things I could do to you.”
Jasmine ignored him, and her tone became increasingly louder, “Well this time Mozenrath, you’re not going to get what you want. Aladdin will fight harder and faster than anyone else you have ever gone up against.”
“I’m warning you princess…” Mozenrath’s tone became increasingly agitated.
“And even if you tried to get what Aladdin has, you’d never have it all. Because Aladdin has my love, and the friendship of all his friends! And I’ll never give you my love, and they’ll never give you their friendship!”
Mozenrath’s gauntlet started to glow a piercing purple and he shot magic through the bars towards the princess. Jasmine screamed in pain as the magic seemed to stab at her. Finally, it stopped and she dropped on the ground breathing heavily.
“I warned you princess,” Mozenrath’s calm tone was regained. He turned to leave, and as he was just almost out of view he turned again. “Oh, and princess,” he sleuthed, “you will be mine, whether you like it or not.”
Jasmine’s eyes filled with tears as she heard the dungeon door slam. She fell to the ground sobbing in anguish and pain. Genie lay next to her, still mumbling incoherently. “Aladdin,” she whispered in between sobs.

*~*~*~*~*

A strong fist slammed into a wall of the palace. Abu jumped, and fell off Aladdin’s shoulder. Aladdin withdrew his fist from the plaster, and looked at the damage. He sighed and slipped on the floor and put his head in his hands.
Abu came up next to him and patted his shoulder trying to comfort him. “Awaddin, pwease,” he squeaked.
“I don’t know what to do Abu!” Aladdin yelled, standing up again. “I can’t go after them without a plan, but I can’t leave them with Mozenrath! What am I going to do?”
Abu slipped away, and lay on the pillows on Aladdin and Jasmine’s bed. Aladdin looked at him, and then his glance averted towards his bedside table. His eyes rested on his father’s dagger, and he sighed. “I know what I have to do.”
Abu looked towards the dagger also, and then back to Aladdin, “Iago,” he said almost incoherently.
Aladdin nodded, “and dad.”

*~*~*~*~*

Cassim sat at a small wooden desk staring down on a piece of paper. He muttered to himself, his face illuminated by the lantern on the corner of the desk. His eyes drooped when he felt something perch on his shoulder.
“You still at this?” Iago asked settling in.
Cassim nodded, “Yes, this map is very confusing my little friend.”
Iago peered down just like Cassim, “Don’t tell me this is some fabled treasure hunt.”
Cassim laughed, “Yes, it is. Just a little one though, nothing big.
“Great, count me in. I want to be rolling in loot by the end of the month!” Iago exclaimed dancing around, his scarlet feathers flying around.
A loud crash came from the front of the layer and Cassim and Iago jumped. They peered in the dim light out to the wide opened cavern. “Shh,” Cassim whispered as he made his way to through the corridor towards the main room. Iago nodded, and kept his beak shut.
Cassim made his way to the edge of the hall and saw a dim figure’s profile looking around the cavern. “No one steals from the King of Thieves.” He lunged into the figure and began scrawling around with him on the ground.
The figure next to him fought back, but instead of beating him, he pushed him away. “DAD, STOP!” Aladdin cried.
Cassim jumped up and looked at his son. “Aladdin?”
“What are you doing here Al?” Iago screeched and again perched on Cassim’s shoulder.
Aladdin looked from Iago back to Cassim, “Dad, I need your help.”
Cassim looked at Iago on his shoulder, and then, with a smile, he looked back at Aladdin.

*~*~*~*~*

Mozenrath made his way to his throne and sat down triumphantly. Xerxes swam up beside him and smiled. “Master happy?”
Mozenrath looked at him with content, “I have everything that street-rat cherishes. I am about to take over the Seven Deserts, with the most beautiful women of the deserts at my side.” Mozenrath gleamed, “so yes Xerxes, I’m very happy.”
Xerxes smiled, and swam around his master’s neck once again. Mozenrath waved his hand and a goblet of cool liquid appeared in his hand. “Finally Xerxes, I have the power to create! No longer am I restricted to the power of destruction and momentum!”
Mozenrath waved his hand again and a fountain appeared in the middle of his room, he waved his hand again and it was gone. “I’m going to have everything I deserve Xerxes, along with the destruction of Aladdin and the life of Jasmine.”

*~*~*~*~*

“So Jasmine and the Genie are gone?” Cassim asked as he took a seat on a fainting couch next to Aladdin.
Aladdin nodded, and Iago spoke up, “I knew it wouldn’t be very long until that blue bimbo got you guys in trouble.”
“That’s enough Iago,” Aladdin whispered. Iago caught Abu handling a treasure pile in the corner of the room.
“Hey flea-bag, hands off the loot!” Iago demanded flying over to the monkey.
Aladdin watched him, “Some things will never change.”
Cassim sighed, and stood up, “This Mozenrath, he’s caused trouble before you say?”
“Too much for his own good,” Aladdin replied. “Dad, I have to get Genie and Jasmine out of there. There’s no telling what he’ll do to them.”
“Well, we’ve faced a sinking isle and 39 of the fiercest men in the entire Seven Deserts, I’m sure we can face a wizard with a stick up his-.”
“I hope,” Aladdin cut him off, “for Jasmine and Genie’s sake.”
Cassim came over and put his hand on Aladdin’s shoulder, “The genie can take care of himself; it’s the girl I’m worried about.”
Aladdin looked up at him confused, “Mozenrath wants magic dad, Jasmine is just another pawn in his game to get to me.”
“A man can’t live off of power to keep him company forever son,” Cassim sighed, “living alone for so long can drive a man to steal love, even from someone who refuses to give it to him.”
Aladdin just stared at him, “We have to go.”

*~*~*~*~*

Jasmine sat in the corner of her cell with her knees in her arms. She watched as Genie tried everything to break the cells magic. Sounds of jack hammers, bombs, airplanes sounded as she watched him get thrown against the walls numerous times. He finally gave up and staggered towards her missing several of his teeth.
“Genie, stop hurting yourself… it’s useless.”
Genie swayed a little bit while trying to get his point across. He stuck his finger up, “No Jas. I have a harder head than that boy wonder or deformed slug.” As soon as he finished his sentence, he fell to the ground in a million pieces.
Jasmine rushed over, and pushed him together. Genie went back to normal and sat up. “It’s worthless Jas, I can’t get us out of here.”
“I don’t blame you Genie, it’s not going to be easy, but Aladdin will come for us. I’m sure of it.”
Genie nodded, “that kid has never let us down before. He’ll come Jas.”
Jasmine’s eyes flooded with tears, “Genie, what I meant is that we can’t let him come for us.”
Genie looked up at him, “Are you crazy?” he asked turning into a large jack-in-the-box.
Jasmine started crying harder, “Mozenrath wants Aladdin to come to our rescue Genie! That’s why we’re here, to lure Aladdin into coming, so he can kill him! We can’t do that to him.”
Genie had a look of shock on his face, but it was soon overcome by a look of realization. “Oh no, you’re right.”
“We have to stop Aladdin from facing Mozenrath, no matter what. He won’t stand a chance against him at this point,” Jasmine began to calm down.
Genie came over and took Jasmine in his arms, “Nothing will happen to Al, I promise.”
“Am I interrupting?” a voice came from behind them.
Genie whirled them around to see Mozenrath standing at the foot of the steps, smiling. Jasmine cringed; Mozenrath was looking straight at her.
Mozenrath studied every part of the trembling princess’s body, and sighed. He wanted her. Not so much for her beauty, but because it was something that he could take from Aladdin.
“Jasmine, let’s go,” Mozenrath demanded. He waved his hand, and Jasmine found herself on the outside of the cage in Mozenrath’s clutches.
“JAS,” Genie cried still inside the cage.
Jasmine struggled against Mozenrath’s hold, but couldn’t, he was to strong. Mozenrath looked from her to the genie. “She’s mine now weakling.” He dragged Jasmine up the stairs.
Genie stared after them, even after he heard the dungeon door slam once again.

*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin and Cassim soared on Carpet over the desert. Dusk was settling in, and the sky was turning a soft hazy purple. The first few stars started to emerge, and there were cool gusts starting up from behind the canyons.
Abu and Iago sat on the back squabbling over who got to eat the last banana that was packed for the trip. “Back off monkey, it’s mine!” Iago screamed. Abu screeched something incoherent back, and tugged at the banana also.
Aladdin and Cassim looked at each other, “Abu really did miss him.”
Cassim nodded, “Iago has never stopped talking about that little ape since we left, never would admit to missing him though.” He looked over at his son who was looking softly out towards the wide area.
“Son, we will find them,” Cassim tried to sooth his son, “one of the many things that attracts you to Jasmine is her feisty spirit.”
Aladdin let out a little laugh, “You got that right, it’s just Mozenrath may not break her spirit, but he’ll try to break everything else.”
“That’s the same thing that attracted me to your mother, ya know?” Cassim whispered, looking down at his legs.
Aladdin looked over in shock. He didn’t expect a talk about his parent’s past relationships.
“Don’t look so shocked boy, it’s not like I didn’t love your mother.”
Aladdin sighed, “I just don’t want to talk about that.”
“Why?”
“Because we don’t have time!” Aladdin returned. Cassim looked astonished, before anger swept his face.
“That won’t be your excuse forever!” he returned. “Are you mad at me for leaving you and your mother? Is that it? Because I tried to apologize.”
“It’s not that! I’m on a mission here, to save Jasmine!”
Cassim again looked down and lowered his voice, “I don’t plan on leaving you again.”
Aladdin looked over at him, and sighed, “I didn’t know if I would ever see you again after the wedding. I thought maybe that once was enough, and then Jasmine told me you came for me at the palace.”
Cassim nodded, but didn’t say anything.
“That told me that maybe you were here for more than I thought. But, I don’t want to here old family stories, I want to just work here from now. Both of our pasts are something that shames us-.”
“But that doesn’t mean it isn’t part of who we are!” Cassim interrupted. “If you want to know me, you have to know what and where I’ve been and what I’ve done. Or else you only get a glimpse of the man you want so badly me to be.”
Aladdin returned his stare out over the desert. “I’m sorry.”
Cassim gave a small smile, “we have plenty of time to worry about that. Let’s go save your friends.”
Suddenly a peeled banana flew up between the two. They looked back at Iago and Abu holding each other violently. Abu smiled widely and gave a small wave while Iago whimpered nervously, cussing the little monkey.

*~*~*~*~*

Jasmine sat at the base of a huge fountain in the middle of Mozenrath’s throne room. Water sprayed off the spout and she shivered as it sprayed on her bare arms.
Mozenrath grinned down on her cruelly. Jasmine could feel his stare all over her, but the one place his gaze never landed was on her eyes. She tried to cover herself up, but her hands were clasped to tightly to one of the dragon decoration heads of the fountain. She was dressed like a common Arabian harlot, bare shoulders, bare back… nothing but a bra and harem pants. Her ponytail became soaked after awhile, and it made her shiver even more terribly.
“Mozenrath, what do you want?” she demanded after awhile, water drops dripping down her face.
Mozenrath stepped down off his throne and knelt down beside her. He cupped her chin in his hand and used his thumb to wipe a stray drop from her cheek. “You are such a royal pain; I don’t see what the street-rat sees in you.”
Jasmine pulled her chin away from him, and scoffed.
“Such a temper,” Mozenrath sleuthed, “why do you refuse the most powerful man in the world?”
Jasmine gasped, she had heard that before. Jafar had said it to her before.
Mozenrath laughed, “why you be beside me through out my many triumphs as I take over the Seven Deserts and then the world!”
“After all of that, you will have everything! Except for friends and love,” Jasmine retorted.
“Who needs that princess, when you have everyone graveling at your feet,” Mozenrath returned staring off into space.
Jasmine frowned and didn’t respond. Her thoughts drifted back to Aladdin, but then Mozenrath grabbed her waist. “And you will be there with me, and even I have to put you through the worst pain of your life, you will never think of Aladdin again.”
Jasmine kicked him hard in the stomach as he leaned over on her, and he yelled loudly. He finally regained his composure, and glared at her with pure hatred and lust. His gauntlet started to glow and he zapped her hard. Jasmine’s head flew back into the stone, and he heard it crack. Tears welled up in Jasmine’s eyes from pure anger and pain. Her thoughts went to Aladdin, and she turned her head from the sorcerer.
Mozenrath turned away, and headed back to his throne. Xerxes watched from behind the throne, and smiled. Mozenrath zapped him a bit and he yelped. Soon, the room was quiet except for Jasmine’s quiet sobs.

*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin’s party had made it to the entrance of Mozenrath’s kingdom. Cassim looked out into the barren city and whispered his surprise.
“This is it?” Cassim asked, looking at some of the crumbling buildings.
“Yeah, this is it,” Aladdin replied. Abu came up on his shoulder and chattered nervously.
Iago came up and perched on Cassim’s shoulder, “I left this little group of happiness to get away from this stuff, and you bring me back?” he squawked.
“We’re here to help Aladdin, knock it off bird!” Cassim returned, swatting Iago off his shoulder.
“And I thought the kid was crazy,” Iago mumbled under his breath.
“Alright here’s the plan!” Aladdin exclaimed. “Dad you and I are going to head through the city, while Carpet plays decoy.”
“Decoy for what?” Cassim asked.
“The mamlucks pops, the mamlucks,” Iago answered.
“Mamlucks?”
“Walking dead, dad… they’re Mozenrath’s minions,” Aladdin answered. “Now listen. Once we make it to the entrance of the citadel, Iago will-.”
“Throw you a big party from way back here!” Iago finished for him.
“No,” Aladdin retorted, “you will go up and find Carpet who will come back for us.”
“I don’t know about you, but I like my plan a whole lot better, what about you monkey-boy?” Iago asked.
Before Abu could respond, Aladdin grabbed his vest and threw him on Carpet who soared in threw city. The magic detectors lit up as he passed, and the mamlucks took off.
Aladdin, Cassim, and Iago slipped in and started running towards the citadel.

*~*~*~*~*

Mozenrath looked out one of his massive windows and saw the magic detectors lighting up one by one in his city. He smiled, and turned to Xerxes, “he’s here.”
Jasmine jerked her head up quickly and looked at him. Mozenrath laughed, “he actually came, by himself! This will be way too easy!”
Jasmine began weeping again, but quickly stopped herself. “Mozenrath,” she whispered. Mozenrath turned to her and grinned.
“What?”
Jasmine swallowed hard and looked into his cold eyes, “if you promise not to go after Aladdin, I will be with you.”
Mozenrath looked at her in shock and then turned to Xerxes. “You will?”
“If you promise not to go after Aladdin,” Jasmine returned, she couldn’t hold the tears back any longer.
Mozenrath grinned, “I promise princess.”
The chains disappeared from Jasmine’s wrists, as did the fountain. She stood up and walked and backed into a wall. Mozenrath came up in front of her, and she found herself in an even scantier outfit than before. Mozenrath ran his hands up her arms, “You made a good choice Jasmine.”
Jasmine began to cry and tried to stop herself from collapsing. She felt Mozenrath close in when a voice rang out throughout the room.
“Mozenrath, get your hands off of her!” Aladdin ordered from the entrance of the room. Mozenrath jerked around and Jasmine fell to the ground in a heap.
“Aladdin, you made it, how nice of you to join us!” Mozenrath sleuthed sarcastically.
Aladdin ignored him and turned his attention back to Jasmine, “Jasmine are you alright?”
Jasmine began to cry harder and Mozenrath stood in front of her, “I would appreciate it if you didn’t talk to my fiancée.”
Aladdin looked up in shock and Jasmine began to sob harder. “What is he talking about Jasmine?”
“I’m sorry Aladdin,” Jasmine said as she sat up and started running towards him. Chains appeared around her wrists and she looked back to Mozenrath holding the other hand.
“She belongs to me now Aladdin,” Mozenrath bragged as he petted her long raven hair.
Aladdin was overcome by rage and he ran for Mozenrath. Mozenrath threw Jasmine down on the ground and zapped him.
Jasmine watched as Aladdin went flying into the adjacent wall, and she cried out in anguish, “YOU SAID YOU WOULDN’T HURT HIM!”
Mozenrath grabbed her hair and picked her up, “I said I wouldn’t go after him princess, you didn’t say anything about me hurting him if he came looking for me!” He threw her back down.
Aladdin picked himself up but Mozenrath grabbed his neck and pinned him against the wall. “Where is this power coming from Mozenrath?” Aladdin choked.
“Destane gave it to me; I have more power than ever before! And there’s no one who can stop me!” Mozenrath yelled. Aladdin’s face became increasingly red as he held onto Mozenrath’s arms.
Jasmine quickly got up and swung her chains around, hitting Mozenrath right in the face. Mozenrath yelled and dropped Aladdin who fell to the ground choking. Jasmine ran up to him and wrapped her arms around Aladdin’s neck. Her chains disappeared and Mozenrath loomed over them, evil sparking in his eyes.

*~*~*~*~*

“It’s a small world after all… it’s a small world after all…” Genie sung to himself sitting inside a giant teacup.
“Get up you stupid blue blob!” a voice came out from the base at the staircase. Genie transformed to his normal self and looked up to see Cassim, Carpet and Iago staring down on him.
“Iago? I’m so glad to see you!” Genie exclaimed like a little boy.
Cassim stepped up to the cage and a tiny spark flew out at him. “I’m guessing there’s no easy way to get you out of here.”
Genie shook his head, “and I’ve tried everything.”
Abu came screeching down the stair case. He began screeching incoherently, and Iago listened attentively.
“Cassim, the kid’s in trouble!” Iago squawked. Carpet jumped to attention and scooped up Cassim and the animals up.
“Good luck guys!” Genie called after them, before he was shocked back again by the cage. “Doh,” he yelped.

*~*~*~*~*

Aladdin went flying across the room into another wall and caught Jasmine as she flew after him. “Are you alright?” he asked.
Jasmine held her head, “I don’t know this has got to stop.”
“You had your chance to get out of this princess, and you ruined it by going back with him! Now you both will perish!” Mozenrath yelled coming up on them. He raised his gauntlet again and Aladdin tried to protect Jasmine as he cringed and readied himself for the blow.
Something went twirling through the air and hit Mozenrath in the back of the head before he could blast the couple. Mozenrath turned around to see Cassim standing in the doorway.
“Who are you?!” Mozenrath asked in pure fury.
Cassim smirked, but didn’t answer. Iago perched on his shoulder and scowled.
“Oh, the big-mouth’s back is he?” Mozenrath sleuthed.
“Hey! Who you calling big-mouth you spineless boy-wizard?” Iago returned. Mozenrath zapped him up against the wall.
“Good answer,” Iago choked as he fell to the ground.
“Xerxes, go play,” Mozenrath demanded. Xerxes nodded and headed towards Iago. Abu ran after him and grabbed his tail, and the two pets went sprawling across the floor.
Mozenrath turned his attention back to Cassim who was helping Aladdin stand while Carpet scooped Jasmine up. “Thanks Dad,” Aladdin said, swaying a bit.
“Dad?” Mozenrath exclaimed, “the street-rat has a dad?”
“That’s right,” Cassim returned, “I am Cassim, former King of the Forty Thieves.”
Mozenrath faked an impressed face, “Oh, then maybe I should curtsy?”
Cassim burrowed his brow, but didn’t change his position. Mozenrath hinted his disrespect, and became angry.
“He has Destane’s magic dad,” Aladdin said, coming up behind him.
Cassim turned to look at him, “Destane, who is this Destane?”
Iago flew over and floated above the group, “Destane is only one of the most powerful wizards of all time, until now.”
Aladdin reached up and grabbed Iago by the tail feathers, “Is there anyway we can stop Mozenrath?”
Iago scratched at his head, as if trying to remember something, and then he put his wing up in the air. “Evil magic simply fades away to a dim ember never to be burned again. Magic within the good never dims, and never dies. It swells through the body like an ever-flaming fire. Good always prevails for the Diamond in the Rough.”
Mozenrath laughed, “The bird knows what he’s talking about.”
Aladdin looked from Iago back to Mozenrath, “but if what he just said is true then you’ve already lost.”
“My power will never dim, because I will never stop drawing it from around the world! Yours however is useless, because as far as I know, dead men have no power!” Mozenrath shot back, his gauntlet gathering a purple glow that grew and grew.
“He said GOOD ALWAYS PREVAILS FOR THE DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH!” Aladdin shouted.
Mozenrath stopped for a moment, “and?”
“Who else could have entered the Cave of Wonders to get the genie’s lamp?” Aladdin sleuthed, finally gaining an upper hand.
Mozenrath stepped back a bit before returning his sly composure, “No matter, I’ll kill you anyway!” Mozenrath lifted his gauntlet and shot a bolt of magic towards Aladdin. Aladdin shielded himself, but saw Cassim jump in the way instead.
“NO,” Aladdin and Jasmine both cried out in unison. Cassim fell limp to the ground at Aladdin’s feet.
Jasmine put his head in her lap, and stroked his hair. Aladdin looked up in rage at Mozenrath and clenched his fists.
“Oh, did I make the street-rat mad?” Mozenrath teased.
Aladdin lunged for him, but Mozenrath blasted him back through a window. Carpet soared out and caught him bringing him back in. Aladdin stood up in the air over top and saw Jasmine holding Cassim.
He nudged Carpet to soar towards him, but Mozenrath trapped him in a force field so that they couldn’t move.
“Just give it up Aladdin, I will not loose this time!” Mozenrath yelled towards him. He let him go, and turned his attention to Jasmine. He surrounded her with the same purple light as before.
“NO, Mozenrath leave her alone!” Aladdin ordered.
Mozenrath brought Jasmine up against him and kissed her hard on the lips. Jasmine tried to struggle, but couldn’t.
“That was refreshing,” Mozenrath sleuthed just loud enough for Aladdin to hear.
Jasmine whimpered as he lifted her in the air. Aladdin went to try and catch her, but it was too late. Mozenrath whipped her through the broken window.
“NO, JASMINE!” Aladdin cried out as she fell onto a huge stone decoration unconscious. The added pressure to the stone wasn’t good, and it began to crack.
Carpet went to get the limp princess, but was zapped down by Mozenrath. Carpet lay on the ground, in a frozen almost ice-like state.
Aladdin dove towards the window, but Mozenrath zapped him and brought him to his feet. “I am getting so tired of this street-rat. Now everything you love will be mine or they will die.”
Aladdin looked up at him, and Mozenrath lifted his gauntlet and it glowed brighter than ever before. Finally Mozenrath brought his hand down, but Aladdin caught it. Mozenrath struggled to kill Aladdin but Aladdin fought back.
Using two hands Aladdin slowly lifted the gauntlet off of the sorcerer’s hand. His body was surging with the power, but he still brought it up. Suddenly, the gauntlet was off and they both fell to the ground.
Mozenrath looked at his bare hand, and yelped. He looked at Aladdin choking and trying to recuperate from the power coming in and out of his body. Mozenrath lunged for the gauntlet, but Aladdin kicked him back.
Aladdin jumped up and tore the gauntlet with all his might. It made a loud ripping sound as sparks flew from it. Mozenrath screamed as the purple light surrounded him and then disappeared. He passed out before he could do anything else.
Xerxes and Abu stopped fighting, and headed for their master and friend.
Aladdin fell to his knees and hands. Carpet returned to normal, and floated around Aladdin and then back to Cassim. Suddenly a large cracking sound rang through out the room. Aladdin jerked his head to see the large stone decoration that Jasmine lay on began to crumble. Jasmine slid farther and farther towards the edge. Aladdin dove out the window and caught her just before she fell down the two story citadel.
He dragged her inside and placed her on the ground. Cassim’s eyes shot open and he rubbed at his head. Iago flew over and perched on his shoulder. “What’d I miss?” Cassim asked, bewildered by the site of Mozenrath lying unconscious on the floor in front of him.
“It was quite a show,” Iago exclaimed, for once no hint of sarcasm rang through out his voice.
Jasmine’s eyes fluttered open, and she stroked Aladdin’s tired face. “Jasmine, oh thank you,” Aladdin whispered as he brought her up to his chest.
“I’ll never leave you Aladdin,” she whispered back, and she locked lips.
“Oh, c’mon, can we go without the lip wrestling for once?” Iago whined, “some things never change!”
They all laughed, until Aladdin broke it up, “Hey, where’s Genie?”

*~*~*~*~*

“Alright,” Genie boomed. He had turned into a huge army tank ready for battle. “Let’s do this!” He hit full speed and sped for the bars.
The other group got to the foot of the dungeon steps just in time to see their blue friend burst through the bars and into another wall.
Aladdin ran down and looked at the tank stuck in the wall, “Are you alright Genie?” he asked in worry.
Genie turned into his normal self and fiercely tried to pull his head out of the wall. When he finally did, he went tumbling back into Aladdin.
“AL YOU’RE HERE!” Genie exclaimed picking him up in a huge bear hug.
Aladdin laughed, “Can’t breath...!”
“Oh, whoopsie,” Genie apologized. He turned around to the rest of the group, “the whole group’s back together, it’s like a huge family reunion!” he joked. “Hey, where’s wicked warlock of the south?”
“I don’t think we’ll be hearing from him for awhile,” Cassim teased.
Genie’s brow deepened, “I think I missed something.”
“Oh Genie, let’s go home, we’ll fill you in on the way,” Jasmine suggested. Aladdin nodded and hopped on Carpet pulling her up beside him. Cassim jumped on behind them, and rubbed Aladdin’s shoulders.
Before they were out of the kingdom, they had fallen asleep.
“No guys, you can’t do this! You said you would tell me what happened!” Genie whined. He came up behind Iago who punched him hard in the face.
Genie rubbed at his nose, “Some things never change,” he said in a nasal tone.
Jasmine smiled and snuggled next to Aladdin, and the next thing Carpet knew Agrabah was coming into full view with the sun rising behind it.

THE END

**I hope you liked my story!!! Again, I have no connections to Aladdin or the Disney corporation, I’m just a huge fan of the stories.