Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Jeweled Entrapment by MysticMeg
[Reviews - 24] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Chapter 1

The sun was blazing high in the sky over the grand city of Agrabah. Its rays scorched the streets, which kept the merchants and citizens hiding in the shadows. There was little noise, due to the fact that everybody was to irritable for conversation. Not even the children or animals wanted to play, which was rare in Agrabah.
In the palace at the head of the city, the mood was not much better. Guards stood at their posts, grunting at anyone who passed. Servants went about their daily chores, but did not join in on their day conversation or palace gossip.
Jasmine made her way down one of the palace’s many hallways. She carried with her a large silver tray of fruit and bread. She walked to a set of massive closed doors, and dismissed the servants with a wave of her hand. Balancing the tray with one hand, she used the other to open one of the doors and peered inside.
Aladdin sat at a large desk, shuffling through an unorganized pile of scrolls. His hair was muffled harshly, and he looked exhausted.
Jasmine snuck inside and placed the tray of food on a wooden table. She proceeded up the steps to the desk and her shadow ran across Aladdin’s hands.
Aladdin noticed a presence and looked up. “Jasmine!” he exclaimed in shock. He hit the pile of scrolls and a few fell to the floor around the desk.
Jasmine giggled and bent over to pick them up. “I didn’t mean to scare you.”
Aladdin ran his fingers through his fluffy black hair. “You didn’t scare me, I just didn’t hear you come in.”
Jasmine opened one of the scrolls she had picked up and examined it. A detailed map was drawn on the inside with different points circled in red. She traced the lines with her fingers, and frowned. “Father has you going over the trade routes, doesn’t he?”
Aladdin sighed, and took the scrolls from her. He placed them on top of the pile again. “Not exactly, he has me organizing the trade routes.”
“Why?” she asked, picking a few others up and looking through them. “Some of these we don’t even use anymore, why would he want to keep them?”
“He doesn’t, that’s the trash pile Jasmine.”
Jasmine grinned, “How can you tell? Both piles are mixed up on the desk, how are you keeping them organized.”
Aladdin laughed a little, “Because this whole desk is the trash pile. That behind me is the ones that we have to keep.” He pointed behind him to a small table where just a couple scrolls were left.
“Oh,” Jasmine said sheepishly. “Well, it’s been years since anyone has gone through these things. I was just a little girl the last time I heard of anyone updating them.”
“Lucky me,” Aladdin mumbled.
Jasmine put down the scrolls in her hands and looked over at her husband. He was tired, she could tell that much. “How long have you been working on these?”
Aladdin shrugged, “Since breakfast.”
Jasmine looked at him surprised, “Well, that isn’t very long.”
“Since breakfast… yesterday.”
Jasmine began to laugh, “Oh, that explains why you came to bed so late last night.”
Aladdin frowned, “And why I didn’t see you this morning.”
Jasmine stopped laughing, “Aladdin, if it’s to much, I can always help you.” Jasmine offered as she picked up another scroll from the “unfinished” pile on the floor next to the desk.
Aladdin shook his head, “No, your father expects me to able to do this sort of stuff. How would I look if I told him that I needed help with such a simple task?”
“It may be simple, but it’s time consuming. Father would understand that you’re just not used to this stuff quite yet. Please, let me help.”
Aladdin again shook his head, “It’s alright. I should be done today, but next time, I’ll avoid these tasks if I can.”
Jasmine came up behind him and kissed him on the cheek, “It’ll be alright. I promise, the life of a prince isn’t always this… boring.”
Aladdin sighed, “I guess it’s worth it, I mean… I guess this comes as a package deal with marrying you.”
“That’s right, but guess what also comes with marrying me,” Jasmine took his hands and made him stand up. She began to point to the tray of food that she had carried in earlier, but stopped. The tray was moving across the floor towards the slightly open doors.
Aladdin laughed, “I think that our library is haunted.”
Jasmine put her hands on her hips, “Abu! Bring that back here right now!”
Abu stopped for a few seconds before he quickened his pace and bolted out of the doors. Jasmine and Aladdin followed and came out just in time to see Abu heading down the corridor. “Stop you little thief, that was my food!” Aladdin called out jokingly.
Abu kept running, and turned around to see how much of an advantage he had over his friend and the princess. Suddenly, something large stepped right in front of him and he tumbled to the ground.
Genie caught the tray before it hit the ground, “Well, what have we got here?”
Abu looked up sheepishly, and smiled. Aladdin and Jasmine ran up to Genie and stopped. Jasmine took the tray from Genie and glared down on Abu. “Abu, you should well know by now that you don’t have to steal from people. The kitchen is always open to you.”
“Aw Jasmine, it’s alright. He probably just got lost,” Aladdin laughed as he picked Abu up and placed him on his shoulder.
“He’s right Jas, this place is like trying to find a cowboy at a rap concert,” Genie defended. Jasmine glared at them all, and they laughed sheepishly.
“You’ll get used to it, trust me.”
Aladdin scoffed, “Abu will get used to the idea that he doesn’t have to steal to survive.”
“Yeah, especially now that Iago isn’t around to help him along,” Genie joked, holding a picture of the scarlet parrot. Abu looked at the picture and screeched sadly. Genie allowed the monkey to take the picture and look at it.
Aladdin looked at is monkey friend and sighed, “I know little buddy, I miss him too.”
“I wonder what they are up to right now?” Jasmine asked, “We haven’t heard from Cassim since the wedding.”
“I doubt we will Jasmine,” Aladdin replied, “it’s not safe for him to come back to Agrabah.”
Jasmine nodded, “Well, I got to get back to father. We’re supposed to go over some ideas for the new orphanage going up in the city.”
Genie appeared in a white robe, “Well, aren’t we just the good Samaritan?”
Jasmine and Aladdin laughed. “It’s about time we get a new orphanage, we don’t need kids running around the city alone,” Aladdin directed. Aladdin noticed the stares he got, “Well, I got to get back to work if I want to get done by dinner.” He kissed Jasmine, and took the tray from her hands, then took off down the hallway.
“I sure hope he does come back, I think that it would be good for him,” Jasmine said softly.
Genie nodded, “Yeah, and it would help if Cassim came back for Al. Then both he and Abu would be happier”
Jasmine laughed softly, and rolled her eyes.