Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Jeweled Entrapment by MysticMeg
[Reviews - 24] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Chapter 2

“Cassim, where do we keep the old treasure scrolls?” Iago asked as he rummaged through a large wooden chest. He continued to throw the items out of the chest, unaware of where they were landing.
Cassim came up behind the little bird, and dodged a large mirror that Iago was throwing out from behind him. Cassim watched as it smashed to the ground, “That’s seven years bad luck little friend.”
Iago stopped searching for a moment and turned around, “Do you think I actually believe in that stuff? Now, I am looking for the old treasure scrolls, where did you leave them last?”
Cassim shrugged, “They are probably over there in that chest that says “Treasure Scrolls”. Just a thought.”
“Yeah, well… how’s a guy supposed to find anything in this bear cave?” Iago grumbled as he made his way over to the other chest and threw open the lid. He began to pull out scroll after scroll. He looked at them, before throwing them out after he realized that it was not the one he was looking for.
Cassim followed, “What exactly are you looking for?” He picked up one of the scrolls and looked at it, then smiled. “I remember going after this treasure, but it was no more than a wild-goose chase. Good times though.”
Iago rolled his eyes, “I’m not going through these to start a trip down memory lane. I’m looking for a specific treasure.”
“There are few that me and my men didn’t go after, but most of these scrolls in here have already been followed out. What are you looking for?”
Iago stopped, “The Treasure of Kinocks.”
Cassim began to laugh, “The Treasure of Kinocks? Come on little one, even I know that that treasure never existed!”
“It does exist,” Iago returned as he again started searching through the scrolls, “I know it because even Jafar wanted to go after it.”
Cassim shook his head, “We just got back to the layer, and you already want to go on a treasure hunt?”
“We’ve been back at the layer of the forty thieves for nearly two weeks now, and I’m going crazy! You may have had your fill of treasure hunting, but when I was with the kid, I never got to go after treasure. We were always busy fighting monsters or rescuing the city, which was BORING!” Iago replied. “No, I’m ready for a treasure hunt, something worth giving your life for.”
Cassim sighed, “Aladdin was a hero, he knew what a real treasure was, and it wasn’t something that you could hold in your hand.”
Iago rolled his eyes, “Don’t you go getting sappy on me Cassim, that’s the reason I’m not with Al anymore.”
Cassim laughed, “You could have learned a lot from Aladdin, if you weren’t so stubborn.”
“Yeah, yeah, yeah, that stuff is for the pigeons.” Iago reached far down and pulled out a scroll. He opened it and scanned the writing. “I found it!”
Cassim came over and read the scroll to himself, “Well, so you did. Now what?”
“Now what?! What do you expect, let’s go get it!” Iago yelled.
“Alright, alright, but after that, I want to go back to Agrabah. I need to see Aladdin again,” Cassim replied, still reading the scroll.
Iago’s jaw dropped, “You’re a wanted man in Agrabah. If you step one foot in that city you’ll be in the dungeon forever!”
“Well, then it’s good for you that we’re getting the treasure first.”
Iago perched on Cassim’s shoulder, “You are way to confident for your own good, you know that?”
Cassim nodded, “Well… I got away once, what’s going to stop me this time?” Cassim rolled up the scroll and jumped back down into the little crevice of the layer. He made his way back to his chambers, and lit the torch. Iago flew over to his tiny perch and sat down.
Cassim went to his desk and began to map out a plan for the treasure, “You’re lucky this is such a tiny mission, bird, or we wouldn’t be doing this at all.”
Iago chuckled, “If there’s anything that I learned when I was with your son, it’s that if you think that a mission is going to be tiny, or easy… it never is.”