Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Princess of the streetrats by Princess_Thalia
[Reviews - 8] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Ty ran her hair through her messy short curly dark brown hair and looked back at Aladdin who was running behind her and away from the guards. She jumped over a man lying on a bed of nails and through the hot coals on the other side.
In case you were wondering Ty is not a circus performer but a street rat of Agrahba. She looked behind at Aladdin again he was catching up to her. She gave a code signal with her left hand and turned right, into a dead end. The guards —knowing the street- followed her and left Aladdin. Ty completely disregarded this and instead of stopping dead in her tracks as any other sane person would do she kept running. Ty looked up and saw ahead of her a rope (a clothes line) Tied between the two buildings that made the alleyway. She quickly jumped, and not a minute to late to (the guards had just lunged at her). Ty looked down at the guards from the cloths line and rolled her Light blue eyes, it was too easy. She walked along the rope and jumped into the building that it was attached to, to be met by her 14-year-old best friend Aladdin.
‘Nice trip?’ he asked passing my half of the loaf they had just stolen
‘Oh just peachy’ Ty said in her usual sarcastic manner
‘You’d think the guards would have better manners, insulting a lady in that way’ Aladdin said
‘First of all I’m 12 I’m not a lady yet and second of all since when have the guards cared about manners?’
‘Good point’ he said taking a bite out of his bread and walking towards the door ‘we should be getting back’ he said opening the door.
Ty followed him as she played with the ring that had been fastened around her necklace. As a thankyou gift Aladdin had given it to her when she had taught him all these songs (AN: I’m making it that Ty had taught Aladdin the reprise of ‘one jump ahead’ and as a joke ‘call me a princess’). When she had received the ring the first thing she had done was swear to never take it of and to wear it as a necklace. That had been 6 months ago a couple of days after Aladdin had saved her life from the guards.
TY climbed up the ladder to the hovel first and looked around she was horrified to see that the place was filled with
‘GUARDS!!!!’
TY called out a warning to Al and stood her ground these guards weren’t the ones from Agrahba but from a neighbouring kingdom a look of horrified realisation dawned on her face as she saw them.
She heard Aladdin come up behind her and she felt the guards grab onto her arms and then there was black.

Aladdin Awoke with a start. Every millimetre of him was covered in ice cold sweat. He looked around at his surroundings; his wife was asleep next to him a calm look on her face she was laying on the silk sheets soft against her skin the gentle breeze came through the light curtain. Aladdin thought back on the dream, he hadn’t had that dream since he had turned 16, 2 years ago and 2 years after his best friend had been taken away from him. Aladdin had always assumed that Ty was now dead, but something about that dream made him think otherwise Aladdin shook his head to clear his thoughts, he couldn’t travel to Baringa in this state. Quietly as not to wake Jasmine he got out of bed and got changed.
2½ hours later they were on the road-well the sand really- it would take 6 hours to get to the Kingdom. And they still had five of them to burn.
‘Are you alright Aladdin you look a bit pale’ Jasmine said to her husband while turning his head to face her (AN: as in she grabbed his chin (ever so lightly) and turned it to face her)
Aladdin had been quiet the whole trip and he looked like he was remembering something terrible.
‘I’m fine’ he said ‘it’s just- oh never mind’
‘Aladdin I’m your wife you can tell me anything’ jasmine said while putting a comforting hand on Aladdin’s shoulder
Aladdin was then forcibly reminded of Ty
(Flash back)
‘Relax Al, Every thing will turn out fine’ Ty said putting a reassuring hand on Aladdin’s shoulder
‘But we don’t have any food’ he said in a desperate manner ‘and the way they always call us riff raff and street rats it’s just so- ugh I wish life was easier that’s all’ he said
‘Look, you should get some sleep it’s been a hard day besides who cares what people think’ Ty said after giving him a quick reassuring hug. ‘Everything will be better tomorrow’
‘Your twelve and your treating me like a son’ he said closing his eyes
‘Lets just say it’s my womanly instinct taking charge’ she said jokingly ‘now I’m going to do the most motherly thing in the world’
‘What’s that?’ he asked opening his eyes slightly.
‘I’m going to sing you a lullaby’
And so she sang:
‘Sleep now my darling
Be still now don’t cry
Sleep like your rocked by the stream
Sleep and remember my lullaby
So I’ll be with you when you dream’

(End flash back)

‘I’m fine just a little motion sick that’s all’ he said quickly
‘You know you’re really bad at lying’ Jasmine said catching his bluff
‘I know’
‘And your still not going to tell me’
‘Well’ he paused ‘okay, it’s just this dream I had’
‘It has to be more than a dream, what was it about?’
And so Aladdin told the whole storey starting when he had save Ty’s life right up to when she had been taken by the guards. By the time he had finished they were at Baringa.
(AN: I know the storey took the whole trip but do you really think I could be bothered to write five hours of dialogue)