Site Info
We are the home of 167 authors from among our 746 members. There have been 2011 reviews written about our 530 stories. A special welcome to our newest member, Disneygirl19.
Princess of the streetrats by Princess_Thalia
[Reviews - 8] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +
Aladdin slept terribly, dreams of Ty voice singing him to sleep, screaming for help from the storekeeper she had just stolen from, all of a sudden the dream had changed to Thalia shouting at her father
“I DON’T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THNK!!!”
‘Who cares what people think’ Ty said
Aladdin woke in the same cold sweat, he was breathing heavily and when he looked outside he could see the very beginnings of light on the edge of horizon.
He put on a loose fitting robe and walked out onto the large circular balcony and rested his elbows on the railing as he gazed out at the menagerie, the main decoration was a large fountain of three carved dolphins backs to each other in a circle water bursting out from the center and landing in a pool of water, around the fountain there were mosaics of peacocks with their tails high and tall at the very edge of the gardens there were beautifully designed cages with small blue birds inside them. Aladdin’s thoughts were interrupted when he heard a female sigh some up to his right, it was then he realised that one of the princess’ wings must be there and he wasn’t the only person having a troubled sleep.
His mind began to wonder but stoped abruptly at the sound of a beautiful voice breaking out into song.
(To the tune of ‘one jump ahead’ reprise)
‘Princess, Spoilt brat
I don’t buy that
If only they’d look closer
Would they see some rich girl?
No siree
They’d find out
There’s so much more to me’
As Aladdin heard this he almost smiled, it sounded just like what Ty used to sing to him when he felt bad about himself. Smiling slightly he turned around and walked back inside.
(AN: Sorry I’m making al a little on the dumb side but he has to be for the story to work).
Later that day Omar was showing Aladdin and Jasmine around the palace. It was all decorated in the same peacock pattern in the same bright blues, purples and greens. The bright peacock pattern melted away however when the reached a particular wing, the colours used were beautiful, red and gold and were based around a phoenix pattern.
‘This is Thalia’s wing and she’s kept it like it was before we redecorated it’ he said motioning around the splendid hallway. ‘She like’s it because it reminds her of the market place’
‘It’s beautiful’ Jasmine said in awe
‘Well that’s the palace’ he said ‘if you need any help just ask a servant’ he walked off leaving Aladdin and Jasmine to look around.
‘Well this is such a nice place’ Aladdin said
‘I know, hey how about we go back to the menagerie I’m sure there’s a lot we could do there’ she said smiling and giving him a kiss
It was interrupted however when Princess Thalia walked passed wearing a beautiful midnight blue off the shoulder gown with a gold velvet belt that wrapped around her hips with splits the front inline with her legs that almost reached her hips muttering something that sounded like
‘Oh get a room will you’
‘Really polite’ Aladdin said sarcastically
‘I’m sorry your highness’ she said mock bowing to him ‘but I’m generally not polite to people as you no doubt have heard from my dearest father’ she said spitting the last words out like she had just swallowed a bug before turning and walking out to the menagerie.
‘Okay maybe not the menagerie’ Jasmine said
After they both agreed to walk around the palace again they found themselves in the servants quarters. The Maids and servants were all bustling around busily Completely oblivious to the royalty in their midst. Aladdin was reminded immediately of home where girls dreamt of being maids in the royal palace. Well the girls that he new who were all below the poverty line, the only girl who never even mentioned the royal palace was Ty. Aladdin felt a pang of guilt, if he had fought those guards she would be living like royalty now. Just as he thought this Jasmine nudged him in the ribs and nodded towards a corner where a clump of small children sat transfixed by a story told by… Princess Thalia?
‘Omar was right’ she whispered to Aladdin as Thalia went into detail about something in the storey and all the Children started laughing.
Aladdin smiled as the storey ended to tremendous applause, Thalia smiled Friendlily down at the children and put one of them onto her knee, she looked so happy compared to all the times Aladdin had seen her in the palace.
Thalia smiled down at Biran who was siting on her lap.
‘Do you live in the palace?’ she asked looking up at the princess
‘Yes I do’
‘Are you the royal story teller?’ she said with big eyes
‘Something like that’ Thalia almost laughed
Thalia stoped smiling when a large shadow fell over her she could tell who it was instantly. She took the young girl off her lap and stood slowly looking up at the last possible moment. It was her father
‘Thalia’ he said in a would be calm voice ‘could you please join me for a moment’ he continued
Thalia could tell this was going to be bad so she followed him with out complaint, looking at her bare feet on the rough stone ground. She looked up for a second and saw the prince and princess of Agrabah who were staring at her father in shock. The prince who she had not had a close look at, looked familiar. But she ignored him turning her attention to her feet till she had left the large room. When the rough stone had changed to smooth marble she looked up at her father.
‘Your embarrassing us again!’ he said ‘Me, Omar and Saphrina!’
‘You care more about them than me!’ she said
‘Well at the moment yes!’ he said ‘you mother would have-’
‘My MOTHER! Don’t even start with that!’ she almost screamed ‘I was Just telling a story to the kids’ she continued calmer
‘A story well that makes it all better’ he said ‘I DON’T CARE IF YOU WERE SENDING WAR MESSAGES TO OUR ALLIES’ he screamed ‘YOU WILL NOT TALK TO THOSE…THOSE PEOPLE!’ he continued ‘IS THAT CLEAR!’
‘One off “those people” as you so nicely put it’ she spat out ‘was my best and only friend who saved my ALLAH DAMND LIFE!’ she ended with a scream
‘I SWEAR EVER SINCE YOU RAN AWAY YOU’VE BECOME SOME PETTY EQUALISER’ he screamed
‘CARING DOESN’T MAKE ME PETTY!’ she yelled back before storming down the hallway to her room.
Thalia let out a shriek of rage directed at her father once she got into her room and started pacing it to let out her anger. She looked out the window and shrieked again, this time out of fear; a strange big blue… thing was heading towards her with a monkey and a red parrot flying on a purple rug. It landed on her balcony.